It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by lordtyp0
reply to post by westcoast

No proof, no evidence, just hopping up and yelling fire while there is actual travesty occurring in Japan.. People nervous anyway.. Yeah hard to see this as anything but trollmongering.

EDIT: Browser didnt update before I posted.. Checking out the graphs.
edit on 11-3-2011 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

Edit: Any chance can get a direct link to the source of those graphs?
edit on 11-3-2011 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

Man, wtf is your problem? The source of those graphs is my damn computer. And all those stations you see are in Yellowstone park.

source is your computer? YOU being the source is not good enough

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is a HORRIBLE thread! But I will say what an awesome example of troll rolling and all the bandwagoneers who jump on board by just merely trusting someone's word. I made some calls, did a few hours of research, nothing is going on a Yellowstone, well, nothing out of the ordinary.

Come on people, you flag for something like this? Come on! WAKE UP! This is what is wrong with our country. One person does the "work" and everyone else jumps on board without evidence, or doing research on their own. The blind leading the blind.

"So I write to speak out instead of wasting my breath, because my written words can still teach those of you who are deaf!" --me.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm going to call this thread a hoax ?

Which is pretty sad on this of all days

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wish this is the scare that gets humanity working towards getting off this goddamn train wreck, I think we might need to take some serious consideration that we might be in some deep deep deep hot water with mother earth, and she is %100 capable of starting the right chain of events that causes mass death/ near extinction. We did not have the technology in the past to know her capabilities, but now we do, and now that we do, we know we can die at any moment anytime from any random series of events. Guess what, the horrible things that happened today, is just a small demonstration of raw power she has, and she was merciful that she did not cause anymore damage, yet.

What do you think the space programs are for? Sure educational, but guess whos getting the next rocket off of this place when yellowstone blows or god knows what, those powerful powerful royal families that keep us down. The test dummies already learned you can survive in space for a little bit, until things calm down anyways. Its either that or a bunker folks, and how good is a bunker going to be when the world has no food, maybe they have enough to survive for a couple weeks/months, but thats it, if yellowstone exploded the ash would last for a very long time, and likely make the water all messed up and undrinkable.

I dont know about you, but Im taking the rocket, ill take my chances being a settler on the moon or mars than trying to rebuild this mess if I had the choice, but that wont happen, the world will be just finneee, keep drinking the water and watching the superbowl.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am a junior lurker brand new poster. Want to thank those of you who spend so much time trying to get information out and all the while sometimes taking hits and potshots from people who believe the earth will never ever change and we will all live here happily ever after because it's not like the Earth has ever shaken off her inhabitants before or anything.

Thank you to the creators of work hounds of the site. I am learning a lot from you. This site like many like in the end may help save lives. Bottom Line.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluoracle

Have you ever heard joe rogans joke?

"I think people used to be really smart, used to read each others mind without judgment and mapping out the cosmos, while the dumb stoneworkers of egypt just repopulated out of control, and were all just the dumb bastard children of the stoneworkers of egypt."

It makes sense why nobody thinks anything will ever change with the world and everything will be ok. I mean justin beiber is the #1 focus of supposedly the most advanced country on the planet, while the populace of dumb stoneworkers just listen to "I whip my hair back and fourth" and worry if they have enough money for that new xbox.

I hate to say it, But I would love to see a tragic near extinction event happen in my lifetime. This planet needs a reset button, and the people that live HOPEFULLY wont be destructive the next time around, that is when they rediscover everything again in 3,000 years

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why suggest it's a hoax?

No idea why someone who has evidently been an active member of ATS for 7 years (6.5k posts+) would purposefully risk ruining his reputation in this field, which apparently (according to other members) he is an expert in, if there is such a definition.

Maybe nothing is going on at YS and the readings were interpreted wrong, but to flat out call it a hoax and flame the OP for it isn't particularly nice now is it. What would be the reason for this *hoax", as far as I can see, he isn't linking to his own website or blog, no links in his signature and he's not promoting anything.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mbzastava

Actually the source on his computer was GEE, take 2 minutes and you can find it and see for yourself (he also mentioned it earlier in the thread, everyone has just been negative about what his warning was), it just provides the seismic data from stations all over the world, much like the IRIS maps but instead with GEE you dont have to surf to a page and see what information could be manipulated (like USGS, amongst others, have been known to do). The only difference here is instead of all you lazy folks going and taking the 5 mins to get GEE and look for yourself you'd rather toss your troll hatred towards TA and Puterman. Let me guess, the government signs all your paychecks too right? TA and Puterman have been upfront about their info, and yeah, there was tonnes of activity at Yellowstone.

quake.utah.edu...

Just a small example there, TA and Puterman were kind enough to take the data from GEE and post it here. If you're too lazy to do the research yourself, dont be ignorant and rude to the OP.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I did! Do you have any thoughts on what it was?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
download GEE and learn how to use it, then you won't have to accuse the
op of things you know nothing about atm.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheConspiracyChannel

well if you have noticed the type of topics that get starred and flagged, stars and flags lose their credibility. And you could make ten thousand posts if you got the time. And you can crawl on conspiracy sites all day... Doesn't make you an expert when you know all the worst case scenarios.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheConspiracyChannel

Why suggest it's a hoax? No idea why someone who has evidently been an active member of ATS for 7 years (6.5k posts+) would purposefully risk ruining his reputation in this field, which apparently (according to other members) he is an expert in, if there is such a definition. Maybe nothing is going on at YS and the readings were interpreted wrong, but to flat out call it a hoax and flame the OP for it isn't particularly nice now is it. What would be the reason for this *hoax", as far as I can see, he isn't linking to his own website or blog, no links in his signature and he's not promoting anything.

It might be too rash to call it a hoax or anything. I've enjoyed some of his threads.

But what I don't understand is why people have accept his OP as the truth (160+ flags is proof of this).

People have asked him to provide the source and he hasn't done so. All he did was provide some fancy ass graph.

Some people have asked for source and some people took it personally. That I don't understand.

If the OP has made a mistake, that's fine. We're not perfect.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Global Earthquake Explorer

GEE is an education and outreach tool for seismology that aims to make it easy for non-seismologists to retrieve, display and analyze seismic data. It is intended for use in a classroom setting as a supplement to textbook material, which often lacks real world connections. Novices to the world of seismology can use GEE to explore earthquakes they've seen in the headlines, keep track of a recording station in their area, look at real-time seismic data, and more!

www.seis.sc.edu...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My Sarcasm was a nutshell. Your response was biblical. I wish I could find that damn reset button myself instead of going round and round with the stoneworkers who would rather follow hidden meanings of "Tiger Blood" and which pop star is doing time tomorrow. If we are truly in tune with each other and the earth..... there is no panic.... we know what is it come and it will be. Trying to teach the Stone Workers is somewhat of a challenge because they have glass in their eyes.

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
reply to post by Bluoracle

Have you ever heard joe rogans joke?

"I think people used to be really smart, used to read each others mind without judgment and mapping out the cosmos, while the dumb stoneworkers of egypt just repopulated out of control, and were all just the dumb bastard children of the stoneworkers of egypt."

It makes sense why nobody thinks anything will ever change with the world and everything will be ok. I mean justin beiber is the #1 focus of supposedly the most advanced country on the planet, while the populace of dumb stoneworkers just listen to "I whip my hair back and fourth" and worry if they have enough money for that new xbox.

I hate to say it, But I would love to see a tragic near extinction event happen in my lifetime. This planet needs a reset button, and the people that live HOPEFULLY wont be destructive the next time around, that is when they rediscover everything again in 3,000 years

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is all I got from USGS

MAP 1.1 2011/03/10 17:29:04 45.298 -112.615 7.9 9 km ( 6 mi) N of Dillon, MT
MAP 1.5 2011/03/10 17:03:32 47.778 -113.636 8.1 33 km ( 20 mi) E of Finley Point, MT
MAP 1.7 2011/03/10 11:50:52 44.575 -110.481 0.9 50 km ( 31 mi) E of West Yellowstone, MT
MAP 1.4 2011/03/10 11:50:23 44.627 -110.445 8.5 50 km ( 31 mi) SSE of Gardiner, MT
MAP 1.9 2011/03/10 11:05:01 44.620 -110.484 3.2 49 km ( 31 mi) E of West Yellowstone, MT

edit on 11-3-2011 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

But what I don't understand is why people have accept his OP as the truth (160+ flags is proof of this).

I flagged it because the OP asked for help getting confirmation. I thought flagging it would help bring it to the attention of people with the expertise to help him, and people who live in the area who might be able to confirm feeling tremors...seemed like a good idea to try to get confirmation of something this important. Not because I thought his tentative position was the truth.

edit on 11-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Good find and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've been watching the quakes for the last six months with great interest. Yellowstone is an important part of this. My feeling is that Japan is just the beginning of like events. Possibly Hawaii is next, then somewhere in Europe and then the USA.
Batton down the hatches.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

I flagged it because the OP asked for help getting confirmation. I thought flagging it would help bring it to the attention of people with the expertise to help and people who live in the area...seemed like a good idea to try to get confirmation of something this important. Not because I thought his tentative position was the truth.

Ok, but this?

Yellowstone is showing serious seismic activity now, and it appears to be originating from the park.

The OP has not provided ANY proof of this.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by Student X

I flagged it because the OP asked for help getting confirmation. I thought flagging it would help bring it to the attention of people with the expertise to help and people who live in the area...seemed like a good idea to try to get confirmation of something this important. Not because I thought his tentative position was the truth.

Ok, but this?

Yellowstone is showing serious seismic activity now, and it appears to be originating from the park.

The OP has not provided ANY proof of this.

At least one poster living in the Yellowstone area has provided proof. Correct?

edit on 11-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

yep

that's the stuff right there. can't figure out why people who have been on ATS for quite awhile now, insist on saying "it's not on usgs!" when it's been repeated, repeatedly, that it's on GEE. that the op is using GEE. it's on GEE. one more time with feeling:

IT'S ON GEE!

thank you for this opportunity to repeat that the data is on GEE!

(did i mention it's on GEE? well it is. ...on GEE, that is. )

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join