It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I just want to apologize for my outbursts. I just wanted to make sure. That's all.

This earthquake and tsunami that happened this morning have affected everyone everywhere. The earthquake happened in NZ then this? It has been making everyone feeling uneasy.

I am very sorry about the losses everyone is experiencing right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hey,I'd Just like to say thanks for pointing out this info. hadnt previously heard of Yellowstone volcano before,definately going to be looking into it more.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
HAARP was turned back on and if at full capacity right now. Was turned back on after a week of rest..Turned on March 9th, to full capacity....Do your research.....This mess need to be STOPPED !!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have just started up GEE could someone please explain what is big,small and normal.
Sorry if i have missed any explanations in earlier posts been at work all night.
we just had a ten im assuming this is big cause its been sitting around 2-4

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

The poster is Thunder heart woman. On page 7 & page 13. Love your avatar. Peace star.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just to add with the recent tragic events to update everybody its not over siesmologically according to NOAA
source

Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be unsettled to active for the next three days (11-13 March) with a slight chance for minor to major storm conditions, particularly at high latitudes. Effects from the 07 March CME will slowly subside during day one (11 March), but the arrival of a coronal hole high speed stream is expected to become geoeffective late on day two (12 March) through day three (13 March).

More to watch out for by the looks of it !
edit on 11-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by lordtyp0
reply to post by westcoast

No proof, no evidence, just hopping up and yelling fire while there is actual travesty occurring in Japan.. People nervous anyway.. Yeah hard to see this as anything but trollmongering.

EDIT: Browser didnt update before I posted.. Checking out the graphs.
edit on 11-3-2011 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

Edit: Any chance can get a direct link to the source of those graphs?
edit on 11-3-2011 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

Man, wtf is your problem? The source of those graphs is my damn computer. And all those stations you see are in Yellowstone park.

Wow. Anger managment issues much?

Someone simply asks for a souce and you jump down their throats. If you had simply clarified you position in the first place perhaps this man wouldnt have had to ask.

I saw your graphs too, but to someone who doesnt have any knowledge of how seismic activity works it doesnt mean much. They simply have little things like YMP120 and such next to them. How the hell do we know these are from Yellowstone?

Are you 12?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
The source for those pictures are screen shots off his computer. He is using a program called GEE....it live-streams seismic stations from around the world.

TA is a very trusted source for watching/monitoring/interpreting on the YS thread, so those of us familiar with him DO stand up and take notice. I realize those who do not frequent the earthquake threads would not be familiar with his credibility,

For what it is worth....he is NOT one to fear monger or troll. I can also attest to those screen shots. I am watching the same live-stream right now and it is legit. SOmething is brewing and that in itself is worth being scared over.

ETA: You may want to also take a look at his avatar/stats. Member since 2004 and flags/stars/posts up the wazuu...he is legit.
edit on 11-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

THIS is a proper explaination.

You sir are obviously NOT 12.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Give the guy a break. He saw activity on YS siesmo's and if you know anything about super volcano's you too might have had an adverse reaction to someone-I expect at the time he was sh***ing the proverbial brick!

Super Volcano = end of mankind. YS is one big momma of a super volcano. It's not a case of if it goes up, it's a case of when...

What's the latest on YS now folks? Any new data?
edit on 11-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I havent looked at GEE in the past 2 hours so i have no clue. lol i might want to open it up agin lol

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Nothing new. It is still there as far as I am aware. Looks calm as usual. (Ignore the mess from the Japan quake)

B208.PB..EHZ.2011.070

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thankyou mister! Keep up the good work, I always follow with interest!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have a question and its JUST a question, Im not implying anything. I know jack nothing about Earthquakes, I come to these threads and I read them, but a lot doesnt stick. Its just not a topic Im good at, though I am interested.

So.........in the Japan earthquake thread, someone posted these links.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www.oe-files.de...

And I dont see recent activity at Yellowstone on these sites? Or am I just not reading it right? Please dont hate, educate.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

how do we distinguish between actual tremors and "the mess from japan"???

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think what the general consensus is, is that the quake in Japan was so big it sent a seismic wave round the whole world multiple times, making it appear that there was local seismic activity on local seismo's, whe in effect it was just the seismo's picking up the Japan Quake.

I think...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chooselove

I don't even try, I leave that to those who know what they are looking at. Pretty complex stuff.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Thank you.

Much appreciated. I am not a stupid person, but for some reason none of the science in these threads will stick in my head. Im earth science retarded.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't want to derail this train but can you please tell me in some infantryman terms what these pictures mean? Peaple post this thing about the magnetosphere all the time but hell if I know what to look for on the photo...

I mean what's normal and why is that one bad?

Originally posted by gringoboy

If you want to u2u that's cool I really am at a loss what that grapic represents and would like to know.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I have a question and its JUST a question, Im not implying anything. I know jack nothing about Earthquakes, I come to these threads and I read them, but a lot doesnt stick. Its just not a topic Im good at, though I am interested.

So.........in the Japan earthquake thread, someone posted these links.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www.oe-files.de...

And I dont see recent activity at Yellowstone on these sites? Or am I just not reading it right? Please dont hate, educate.

correct, there isn't any recent activity at Yellowstone.

OP told people to ''go pray'' and claimed activity at Yellowstone, despite not providing any proof, then eventually posted a seismo graph recording which was showing events from around the world rather than any local activity.

Which is playing on the fears people already have, especially after the Japan event.

There was a major sunflare a few days ago and the moon is in perigee this month, these factors affect geomagnetic activity, possibly influencing recent ring of fire events.

Perigee hasn't occured yet and there could well be further activity.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
By serious activity I assume you mean the tiny 2.4 quake? Check out USGS.

Get real, you sound like a chicken with it's head cut off. There is more activity elsewhere in the US. Yellowstone is quiet s a baby. Stop razing up panic, or take achill pill.
edit on 11-3-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join