It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There's just been a small quake in Yellowstone at 6:09 GMT and 1:09 US Time!, Just thought i'd let you all know

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
BREAKING:

VOLCANOES ERUPTING IN RUSSIA AND INDONESIA.

www.theweatherspace.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~Namaste
edit on 11-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: added link

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Well, that's why they were there. But at the time, in the midst of the biggest S-waves I've ever seen clogging up the seismos, it appeared to me there were local events happening coming from somewhere in the park. So, I was wrong says PuterMan, and I can live with it.

I would have had a lot more respect for you and your expertise limitations if you would have stopped right there. I appreciate the work you put into this PurterMan to defuse the hysteria. Good job, now I can unpack my things and relax.

Whether you reallize it or not TA, your OP was emotion ridden and not at all objective scientifically. I'm sure it worried a good number of people. This is why officials get all the facts and scrutinize all the scientific information before releasing to the public.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for clearing things out. I'm not a professional of some kind in this domain, so your input was greatly appreciated. I understand it could be due to some equipment anomalies.

I'm still not a big fan of USGS, I just don't trust this organization, especially since it's a governmental project. If a Earthquake was to be hidden form the public, USGS would be the first place where it would disappear. But now I see how hard it would be.

Thanks for that enlightening reply!

Star

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

l for one would take putermans word rather than usgs any day of the week. First you pick on ta now you start on puterman, bet your a riot at a party pal.

link   
PEOPLE, I THINK LONG VALLEY IS ABOUT TO ERRUPT!

Long Valley Caldera

Cato Peak is trembling massively! I'm packing.

link   
Yeah, that's MCID, way removed from things...Get on into YML and LKWY, and see if there's anything there. And if nothing there check the other extreme at YSB. Only if you feel like it, if not it's cool. What probably happened is there were a few quakes buried amid the mayhem. And someone better keep their eye on Hawaii, cause that went active right after the 8.9 too. And we all know what awaits us there...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I havn't responded to anything since the quake erupted in Japan. I've been in absolute shock. Even with the belief o God that I carry in my heart. By which this has been expected. Nothing can fully prepare anyone when these things come to fruition. I absolutly understand your concerns even faers. Though you could have waited to post.
I can't find any fault with you for posting when you did. I most likely would have done the same.

My biggest concern right now is all the children in Japan that are suffering right now. That makes me want to go there to help them. My heart aches for Japan. Your report here could have helped save lives. It just didn't go that way, thank God for that much. Tho it may be short lived.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baldryck
I would have had a lot more respect for you and your expertise limitations if you would have stopped right there.

Great. Then I nominate YOU to be the person to tell the poster feeling tremors that they are lying. Be my guest.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

TrueAmerican is not a troll!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
BREAKING:

VOLCANOES ERUPTING IN RUSSIA AND INDONESIA.

www.theweatherspace.com...

www.ndtv.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~Namaste
edit on 11-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: added link

This should also be getting attention.... half of the world is experiencing something right now....

Between the recent dead fish, the flares, the new fissures in Hawaii, the quake swarms around the New Madrid.... this isn't looking good....

What I don't like is how the news keeps tying oil prices into the lessened demand from Japan due to this quake, that's not sitting on me well.

~Namaste
edit on 11-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am not seeing anything on USGS?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I don't know much about Yellowstone but I do see some Ego trips in this thread and I wish it would stop.
This is no time to be slinging insults at one another and being defensive.
Last time I checked, it was good to question people and their credentials.
It was good to not just take everything at face value.
It was good to demand evidence and sources.

Just because someones dares to question the credentials of the Almighty doesn't mean we should stoop to name calling and just being rude in general.
This is a wierd time and people are scared #less as well they should be.
Let's take this opportunity to show how well we can cope with eachothers difference of opinions in the face of such dire circumstances.

Leggo your ego.
everyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Man you guys had me on edge.......now i can rest again knowing that we are over due for our super volcano and it may or may not blow in my lifetime. LOL
BUT REALLY GOOD JOB GUYS!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

New Madrid Fault be damned if Yellowstone goes in a big way we can all hang it up.
Personally I trust TrueAmerican more than the Fed. he stays on top of this.

Here's a site with a movie showing a worst case scenario
www.earthmountainview.com...

Yellowstone Caldera is one of the largest and most active calderas in the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Is nothing. Noise, that's is all.

WY_YPP _EHZ_20110311-150953_5000Hz.wav

You are not doing your blood pressure any good!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Agreed, True American predicted the 8+ so I think he knows what he is talking about.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

W7VOA
Steve Herman (Voice of America journalist)

NOAA: Sudden geomagnetic pulse expected between 0645 and 0745 UTC today. #propagation

NOAA said basically that the geomagnetic pulse would happen between 0645-0745 UTC March 10... and the earthquake happened at 0546 UTC.... so less than 24 hours later.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Vase is off line, sorry. I will try it again shortly.

I will try YML again and see if it is still fragmented.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

We knew this roller coaster ride was coming. I wish all those who have suffered that it passes as quickly as possible, and for those who will follow.

Now on a brighter note I would like to remind all of us this lesson.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join