It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
Worst part is when I came into work on wed night there was a newly posted "Fallout Shelter" sign in the NOC (with an occupancy of 1). Its crazy on an unsurreal level.

Is anyone posting the updated links and stuff anywhere? Any new aftershocks or quakes or tsunamis? I have close friends over there and they were fine yesterday but they are in okinawa. Any one have any updated from there?

Tons of aftershocks...they are under warning for more tsunamis.

link   
reply to post by Fuzzdog

I agree that compared to sevierts, it is small, but any radiation leak is beyond bad, and I am positive that it is worse than is being stated because they are being VERY careful to repeat the word micro over and over and the officer from the plant is playing dumb and only gave straight facts on a "distributed document" during the press briefing.

link   
Radiation leak has been reported after the explosion.

[Source: Skynews]

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
blogs.reuters.com...

Per BBC World: "Japan's NHK TV says officials measured the level of radiation at the entrance of the Fukushima-Daiichi plant at 1529 Japanese time. If people are exposed to this level of radiation for an hour they'd receive the same amount of radiation they normally would in a year, the report says."

Reuters Breaking News, big red banner:

"radiation leak confirmed by Japan's chief cabinet secretary Edano."

If this goes China Syndrome it could be very bad indeed.
I'll be buying respirator masks, store-able food and water today just in case we need to stay indoors for a few weeks. I'm near the West USA Coast too.

edit on 3/12/2011 by defenestrator because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Brainiac

That will probably continue. The jet stream will either continue eastward or north, north east pushing any light enough radioactive particulates in our direction.

Hopefully it doesn't spread too far.

Edit:

That is worst case scenario of course...
edit on 12-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The Wind is blowing to the east at the moment.

And?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Im going to bed for a few hours. Anyone want to text the hell out of me if TSHTF? Im here alone and it would be nice to die awake

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
At one point someone said the words a thousand times the normal level after the explosion, which they have not repeated, but emergency nuclear teams are en route.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
So, with a melt down in the books, the potential death toll now rises exponentialy. Is anyone watching what the elite and world leaders are doing? Are they headed underground ? Who are the watchdogs? Somebody must be keeping an eye on 'em? You know, that dosn't even matter, when there's nowhere to run. Sorry, bitching isn't going to help.I'm just trying to fool myself in to thinking that I guess.
edit on 12-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hello friends,

Yesterday i was just watching unable to write a single word,hoping that all that was a nightmare and that eventually i wake up.Unfortunatelly today news are even worse.

My thoughts and any positive energy i have left go to Japan and everyone there.

On regards of the nuclear plant explosion i read in a local Greek news site that they detected cesium newr the plant.

International news agencies are talking to detect radioactive cesium (Cs135) near the nuclear plant with the information, however, not confirmed by the Japanese government

This is the exact translation from Greek to English.

It is also on cnn news site
cnn

The agency said there was a strong possibility that the radioactive cesium monitors detected was caused by the melting of a fuel rod at the plant, adding that engineers were continuing to cool the fuel rods by pumping water around them.

Sorry if that has been posted before.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I just woke up after staying awake till 3am on this thread....Seems TSHTF with the reactor #1 going into meltdown, although I've checked BBC news, and it has only claimed an explosion - not mentioning the meltdown or any collapsed containment.

Several people have appeared worried about water touching the reactor. Why is that?
I realise there is hydrogen in water, but will the water not just turn to steam?
Does anyone have a link to show what the negative effects are that all the people keep panicking about?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Alright yall, i gotta get some sleep, looks like a new crew is here to take over the info stream. Not that Im going to be able to sleep...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Y'all, this is extremely bad. That high of levels of radiation, the reactor caving in, a wider evacuation around the SECOND REACTOR.....

I live on the west coast. Im legitimately worried now.

Pay attention to the jetstream information.

The confusion is just really too much right now.. but plan for the worst.

Bad news for Japan/Tokyo, the wind is going to shift north, bringing any radiation toward Tokyo...

link   
Reply to post by Ceriddwen

Earlier I heard them say 8000 times the normal levels on the weather channel. That was about 11:00pm CST. Crazy $hit happening.

What can we do?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   

Originally posted by SecretSky
I just woke up after staying awake till 3am on this thread....Seems TSHTF with the reactor #1 going into meltdown, although I've checked BBC news, and it has only claimed an explosion - not mentioning the meltdown or any collapsed containment.

Several people have appeared worried about water touching the reactor. Why is that?
I realise there is hydrogen in water, but will the water not just turn to steam?
Does anyone have a link to show what the negative effects are that all the people keep panicking about?

water will make the fuel explode. Also, water is very absorbent....as is steam. They carry radioactivity...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Is anyone watching what the elite and world leaders are doing? Are they headed underground ?

Thread worthy question - I suggest you start a thread and start checking - get the ball rolling.

On Topic

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d62411c5df8.jpg[/atsimg]

photo link - RSOE

Which way is the wind blowing is what I want to know, sadly something RSOE isn't telling us.

peae

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Is the main problem the Jetstream if the radioactive material does not get contained, I think. But by the sounds of it the infrastructure of the plant is pretty dense not like Chernobyl.

Local people are being told not to drink tape water, dont go outside, and turn air con off.

Everyone is comparing this to Chernobyl, I think the main problem is if theses aftershocks keep hitting and chipping it away.

Anyways japan have sent in the HYPER TEAM

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

You'll be fine, Mr. Floridian. if TSHTF in Japan you'll be just fine for several days minimum, and probably not effected at all.
Anyway, this is a crappy thing to wake up to, I had heartburn and got up to take an acid reducer, had to check on the reactors of course, and now I can't sleep.
My best hopes are with Japan that this disaster is not as bad as it appears, but the horror seems still to be mounting. Let's all do what we can to help them in wake of this tragedy. Remember, west coasters, this CAN happen here, and we would want everyone's support if it did, just imagine!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano has confirmed the explosion at Fukushima-Daiichi. "We are looking into the cause and the situation and we'll make that public when we have further information," he is quoted as saying by Reuters.

It's now official

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
CNN announcing right now that this may well be a worst case scenario situation.

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join