It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Japan's NHK TV says officials measured the level of radiation at the entrance of the Fukushima-Daiichi plant at 1529 Japanese time. If people are exposed to this level of radiation for an hour they'd receive the same amount of radiation they normally would in a year, the report says

No confirmation on any explosion so far.

lots of confirmation of an explosion.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Japan Evacuation Map

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

# 0908: The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is urgently seeking information about the explosion at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant.

seriously, this is bad.....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Japan chief cabinet secretary Edano: Confirms radiation leak at Fukushima plant

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Talk about kicking someone when their down.. these people have been through hell and now this.
edit on 3/12/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm shaking right now...we have a place we might inherit from when we used to live in Maryland. It's in Perry Hall, and is a fixer upper, but it sounds pretty damn good right now depending on where the wind blows.

link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Prepare for the worst guys, i have a feeling tomorrow is going to bring even more surprises. Anyone have any predictions on what might happen in the next few days?

link   
But I doubt it will explode, it's not a bomb. Worst case scenario the reactor will melt down since the coolant has failed no one knows if the measures being taken are effectively managing to keep the temperature down. If people are expecting a big mushroom they should stop looking for one.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

Yea man, Do your best to prepare yourself. I see you live in AZ, but im not even sure how all of this is going to end up affecting the USA..

link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Weren't they saying earlier that the reactor had been shut down prior to all of this? I don't know doodley about Nuclear Reactors, but if I recall, the media was saying earlier they had shut it down to prevent this scenario from happening and am just wondering what happened between then and now.

Let's say you're cooking a pizza in the oven and the pizza is done and then you turn off the oven. If you stick your hands in the oven after you turn it off you will still burn your hands if you don't use a pot-holder or towel to remove the pan because it is still radiating heat. It takes time to cool down.

link   
can someone explain the radiation map?

is 750 rads baddd?

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

This is really bad indeed. Sad day...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
But I doubt it will explode, it's not a bomb. Worst case scenario the reactor will melt down since the coolant has failed no one knows if the measures being taken are effectively managing to keep the temperature down. If people are expecting a big mushroom they should stop looking for one.

The likelihood of the actual reactor exploding is VERY low, as I understand it. The fuel could go, but unlikely too. What the real issue is is a leak of radiation, which is already confirmed, at EXTREMELY high levels.

link   
reply to post by thomas_

No one is looking for a mushroom cloud. I think most of us know that a meltdown is not a nuclear explosion.

The concern is the radioactive gaseous particulates that could hit the entire northern hemisphere. Starting with the west coast of the US.

link   

Originally posted by muse7
can someone explain the radiation map?

is 750 rads baddd?

Im not an expert, but yes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

The problem is that plant is on the coast.. like right on it.. when the rods melt, the sludge is hotter than the sun.. which can eat through bedrock.

That sludge if it comes in contact with a water source can trigger a very very large explosion.

link   

Originally posted by muse7 can someone explain the radiation map? is 750 rads baddd?

Yeah, it's bad. As in kill you slowly over weeks/months bad.
edit on 12-3-2011 by johnthejedi24 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yes. Unfortunately for what I read the leak is full on.

This is beyond bad.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

550-750 rads - Nausia within a few hours ; no survivors

www.solarstorms.org...

can someone please confirm this information?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

dont spread that map around, i'm pretty sure its fake. i heard that someone on 4chan made it as a joke

new topics

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join