It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
For those wanting to know what way the wind blows. Could this be of interest? It`s a world radar image.
www.sat24.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I don't see anything on the Kyodo News site that says radiation levels are falling. I see confirmation of the 20km zone, I see no confirmation on the plant exploding, which we know did explode. Where are you seeing levels falling?

Found this ticker:

NEWS ADVISORY: Radiation level falls after briefly surging following blast: agency (18:48)

I don't think that it should be implied that levels are falling to acceptable levels, I think rather that there was a surge after the explosion and those levels have fallen. Should the meltdown occur, that will no longer be the case.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Ceriddwen because: found info

link   
reply to post by Extralien

I'm going to resort to all caps here.
THE FALLOUT MAP IS FAKE AND IS A TROLL FROM 4CHAN, DO NOT SPREAD IT AROUND AS IT IS PATENTLY FALSE.

Thank you.

link   
They just expanded the zone to 20km... Minute by minute getting worse... heh

Ground Zero?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Alright..I need to go to bed.

I'll pray for good fortune before closing my eyes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen

Originally posted by hadriana
I feel really, really sick. The weather guy on CNN was talking about the winds, he didn't say much, but his voice was shaking.
I think I'm going to be sick.

I saw it too. I almost started to post but didn't. Not only the vibe I got from him, but watching the radar images, all showing the weather going in a westerly direction. Just don't know what to say.

You mean an easterly direction right? To the west coast of USA? If it's going westerly, it'll go to Russia & possibly Europe.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

# 1009: "This is starting to look a lot like Chernobyl" Walt Patterson, an associate fellow with Chatham House, has told the BBC after seeing pictures of the explosion at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant. "The nuclear agency says that they have detected caesium and iodine outside the unit, which certainly indicates fuel melting at the very least," he says. "Once you have melting fuel coming into contact with water, that would almost certainly be the cause of the explosion."

link   
has anyone heard of the Japanese balloon bombs from WW2
en.wikipedia.org...
North America is where most of these landed, using only the jet streams

link   
25km now

link   
BBC news channel now reporting a state of emergency at 5 reactors!

Oh man!

link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Good on you for accepting you were wrong

Lets hope the weather doesn't blow the fallout towards Tokyo.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I can confirm the report of the falling radiation levels on the Kyodo news site.

NEWS ADVISORY: Radiation level falls after briefly surging following blast: agency (18:48)

On the breaking news ticker.

*edit* When posts cross in the night..
edit on 12-3-2011 by Lozzo because: Ahh. To slow

link   
I'm in Los Angeles California, how bad is this radiation fall out expected to be? Is this something minimal or a get out of town immediately situation? Thanks in advance, I also have family scattered all throughout Cali so if there are any experts here that can spare some advice I'd sure love some.

link   

TEPCO says to hold presser at 10:30 GMT

link   
So can the nuclear stuff really travel to the US through the water or the air? Seems possible to me atleast...

link   
reply to post by SecretSky

SIGH. Yeah, I meant Easterly. Sorry about that. Thanks for catching it. I appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That give me the chills, and it happened on a live television feed. Not a way I want to start the day. It just continuously going down hill. I am hoping for a viable response to this emergency at the plant, but after that explosion, it seems we may now be witnessing the China Syndrome as we did in 1986. Thanks for the video, and as there is talk of the reliability about the reports coming out of Japan about this disaster, that video is very telling. It is getting very serious, and unfortunately the stakes have been raised ten-fold.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
BBC news channel now reporting a state of emergency at 5 reactors!

Oh man!

Thats been the case for quite a while now....the #2 is going to go

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Well, if those big square white buildings hold reactors then I guess one just disintegrated. That would be a lot of fallout!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Just go to Mexico for a few weeks you'll be good.

It isn't confirmed yet so don't panic because we don't even know for sure the scale of radioactive material released.

new topics

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join