It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
If there is a meltdown, which I hope there isn't, wouldn't it be more prudent to watch weather patterns and wind currents to see where it most likely will be taken, rather than just show a map showing it all floating over the pacific to the United States? China has a huge population, the most dense on earth, and is right next to Japan. I would be more worried for those in the immediate vicinity, and the billions of Chinese living next to them.

Its no longer an if my friend. #1 is in meltdown. #2 very likely to follow(thats my opinion). You can bet the different nuclaar safety agencies are going to be on this as fast as possible.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Good morning all....I hoped to be waking up to some good news but inside I knew we would be at this point this morning, Well done and a huge THANKS ! to everyone who was on the night shift. I guess we now need to get working on time schedules of affect and weather for our own countries.

Respects and may your own god go with you.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzdog

On live news feeds from Japan, they are actually saying 1070 microsevierts. It is beyond bad.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
A light water reactor explosion will have an impact more like what happened at three mile island, rather than the Chernobyl incident, according to an expert on Sky news.
Seems very different to that.
edit on 12-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

That is catastrophic

link   
reply to post by balon0

It's the real deal. Wonder why Youtube removed it? Are they part of the Governments policy of keeping the public numb to danger...

Move along people there's nothing to see here...

edit on 3/12/2011 by Brainiac because: Explosion was real. Japan in more trouble.

link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Reply to post by captaintyinknots

Hey. Been outta the loop for awhile and one of the "sheeple" at the truckstop I'm stranded at changed the channel from news to f-ing george lopez while I was in the bathroom. What the hell is going on?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

TO sum things up:
-Jiji news agency said there had been an explosion at the stricken 40-year-old Daichi 1 reactor and TV footage showed vapour rising from the plant, which lies 240 km (150 miles) north of Tokyo(which we have confirmed with video)

-Ceiling and walls of #1 reactor caved in
-Radiation leak confirmed
-Japan Chief Cabinet Secretary Edano: expands evacuation area at no.2 plant to 10 km, and its looking grim

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by balon0

You know when i watched the video it lookd fake. The smoke seemed to be overlayed on the image of the building. It was moving with around over the building.

Not real.

I'm a computer graphics designer...

There are multiple videos. Sorry, but you're wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Japanese officials order evacuations of several coastal areas and warn that aftershocks may trigger 2-meter tsunami waves

twitter.com...#!/BreakingNews

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
reply to post by Fuzzdog

On live news feeds from Japan, they are actually saying 1070 microsevierts. It is beyond bad.

Considering one microsievert is 0.000001 sieverts, that's not anything to panic about just yet.

No radiation leak is good, of course, but if it stays at around that level, that's nothing to overly worry about.

link   

Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency is investigating the explosion at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant. Meanwhile, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yuko Edano, has told journalists: "As to the evacuation of the residents, of course we will have to ascertain the level of the radiation and, of course, we will have to cope and take appropriate measures. But once we do the analysing and once we know the facts we will let you know."

That sounds like an official confirmation to me.

link   
Indonesia just had a 5.2 quake and China a gas explosion in a mine.

RSOE

My God that whole area is just going to hell.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Japanese officials order evacuations of several coastal areas and warn that aftershocks may trigger 2-meter tsunami waves

twitter.com...#!/BreakingNews

In the last 20 minutes they have been hit by 3 aftershocks around 5.0.....they just keep hitting....

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

There was an obvious explosion.. not much camera trickery there.

edit on 12-3-2011 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

link   
Reply to post by tothetenthpower

news.discovery.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Worst part is when I came into work on wed night there was a newly posted "Fallout Shelter" sign in the NOC (with an occupancy of 1). Its crazy on an unsurreal level.

Is anyone posting the updated links and stuff anywhere? Any new aftershocks or quakes or tsunamis? I have close friends over there and they were fine yesterday but they are in okinawa. Any one have any updated from there?

link   
If a flood of water hits that melt-down.....I am waking up early tomorrow and starting to prepare.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Indonesia just had a 5.2 quake and China a gas explosion in a mine.

RSOE

My God that whole area is just going to hell.

yeah I read about the mine explosion earlier....sounded like quite a few died...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The Wind is blowing to the east at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join