It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Big Is About To Happen

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Something big is going to happen Obama is under the curse of Ham and is therefore a follower of the devil

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by TechVampyre

Pretty closed minded statement there isnt it? I mean the atheist always asks for proof of the existance of God, but never is able to disprove God's existance.

You people have NEVER studied logic have you??

First, many people who believe in God do not realize that in every discussion about theism, their assertion is implicit: God exists. They do not need to say it. Every argument they make is under the assumption that the statement “God exists” is true. The fact that they$identify themselves as believers is enough to serve as an assertion that a deity or deities exists. No assertion is being made by an atheist (at least not a smart atheist). The word “god” hasn’t even been defined and the nature of belief in that god has not been described; these must take place before any substantial discussion about the nature of God can begin. Atheists have no reason to provide these descriptions – without any beliefs about God, they have no reason to do so. It must be presumed that this onus rests upon the theist. The mere mention of one’s belief in God serves as an assertion that God exists.

Secondly, a person who rejects an assertion does not need to provide any justification for it. The evidence has to be prorided by the party making the assertion. The person rejecting the assertion needs to provide nothing at all. Many theists try to escape this basic fact of life by declaring (in opposition to common sense) that their assertions need to be justified only to themselves in their personal experience. Simply put, that what is true for others might not be true for themselves. But this is madness – this also turns its back on productive thinking.

If you make the assertion that God exists, and someone denies your assertion on the basis that you lack evidence, it is not the responsibility of the person denying YOUR assertion to provide evidence of YOUR belief.

Study logic, not the Bible, it will do you more good.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Hey, what can I say except that your entitled to live in the dark. You don't understand, you don't want to understand, you insist on looking the other way, and it's you choice. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and telling you that you have to accept God and His word. If you want to believe in vain, your most welcome to it.

Correction.

Your belief is that non-Christians go to hell.

Hell is a place of eternal torture, suffering, horror, etc...

Hell is the equivalent of a mental gun being held to the heads of human beings, to use fear to moderate their behavior.

Someone is holding a "gun" to our head.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I totally agree with you OP. Something big IS happening- right in front of our eyes. We are living in a crucial point in human history.

Here is why I think so many people don't believe in God...
People who don't believe in God do so not because a lack of evidence, but rather a lack of interest. They don't WANT God to exist. God doesn't fit into their lives. They don't have time for God. They want to do things their way not God's way. It's easier for them to find one 'seemingly' true piece of evidence against God and stick with that instead of facing the reality. God exists, He created you, He loves you, and He desperately wants you to love Him. (I have looked at lots of 'seemingly' contradictions flaunted by atheists. Most of these apparent contradictions come from a misunderstanding of the bible, and can be easily understood if one took the time to actually read the bible in context and it's entirety-which most people just don't seem to have the interest or time to do. Again it goes back to what I was saying before- people aren't interested in God, or don't have time for Him.)

So some will stop at the first evidence of an apparent contradiction and conclude there is no God. I can't tell you how many times I have found a contradiction, prayed about it, and then had the answer given to me the next day. I trust that even if I find another hundred contradictions, God will give me another hundred logical truthful answers to them. I trust Him, and He trusts me.

If you start with a belief in God, suddenly everything makes sense, and all the age old questions like why are we here and what is our purpose can be answered.

If you look at life with an unbelief then nothing makes sense. Why? Because you are looking in the wrong places.

This would be like if I drew a picture of a snow globe and signed my name at the bottom. And someone came along and analyzed my picture with a magnifying glass, looking at every in depth detail of the picture but didn't bother to step away from the picture and look at the whole piece of paper and missed the signature.. They then concluded that the picture drew itself because no signature is present. Doesn't make sense...
Science looks at the details of creation and tries to explain away God. When if you just look to God He will explain all the details of creation.

But for some it doesn't matter what evidence you present to them... God Himself could send angels to the person, and he'd explain it away with some 'scientific' conjecture, or 'rational thinking'...

Gods signature is all over us, you just have to step back from the mirror and look around.
edit on 9-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
To the above poster,

Where is a good place to start looking? I hear South-East Asia tends to have clear as day signs.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Hell is the equivalent of a mental gun being held to the heads of human beings, to use fear to moderate their behavior.

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ. There should be no fear of hell or behavior modification on our parts as human beings. Jesus has done all the work for us.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by dalan.

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ. There should be no fear of hell or behavior modification on our parts as human beings. Jesus has done all the work for us.

Well, if no one is going to go to hell there isn't anything to worry about then. And there certainly is no point in trying to convert anyone to Christianity if we are not being threatened with torture any more.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The OP really sounds like a god hates fags church member. Do you believe in eye for an eye? yes? Then YOU deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth according to your own beliefs. There is nothing I detest more than self fulfilling slave prophets.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
The OP really sounds like a god hates fags church member. Do you believe in eye for an eye? yes? Then YOU deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth according to your own beliefs. There is nothing I detest more than self fulfilling slave prophets.

Now here is a very good example of someone reading things into a post. Nothing at all was mentioned of hating homosexuals, and yet we have this kind of post appearing.
This is obviously a tiny rant that is designed to take us in another direction. Sorry, it won't work, I've seen it many times here on ATS, I even fell for it earlier on this very thread that I started, and also fell for it on other peoples threads. I guess I let the small minded ones get to me with the wild and useless. Never again, and don't count on me replying to anything else you post. I will only reply to the intelligent post.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Speaking for myself, I am blessed of God to have a brother/sister in Christ to speak the truth as you have! I hope this is an encouragement for you to keep up the GOOD WORK! As you plant and water, it is God who gives the increase. I have seen the vicious attacks! You are hated because you have loved! Only eight were saved as the Ark was lifted above the knashing of teeth. The knashing of teeth had just begun. There is and will be the knashing of teeth again. Ignorance of truth will be no defense. Truth is all around us.

Apollyon, (Abaddon) is soon to call forth the nephilim horde. Man will wish for death but it will flee from them.

Utopia! Universal Peace and Safety! Global Community! One big happy family! Don't be led by blind guides!

"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: (Even him) whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." (2 Thessalonians 2:8-12)

We only see the tip of the iceburg regarding the wickedness and evil approaching! The False Messiah! The False Prince of Peace! The Global Community Leader! He will be a great Community Organizer, to organize the persecution of those who follow the Way, the Truth and The Life, Jesus Christ, The Son of God!

We are fast approaching the promise of the Father! Our Lord's second coming!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

I totally agree with you OP. Something big IS happening- right in front of our eyes. We are living in a crucial point in human history.

Here is why I think so many people don't believe in God...
People who don't believe in God do so not because a lack of evidence, but rather a lack of interest. They don't WANT God to exist. God doesn't fit into their lives. They don't have time for God. They want to do things their way not God's way. It's easier for them to find one 'seemingly' true piece of evidence against God and stick with that instead of facing the reality. God exists, He created you, He loves you, and He desperately wants you to love Him. (I have looked at lots of 'seemingly' contradictions flaunted by atheists. Most of these apparent contradictions come from a misunderstanding of the bible, and can be easily understood if one took the time to actually read the bible in context and it's entirety-which most people just don't seem to have the interest or time to do. Again it goes back to what I was saying before- people aren't interested in God, or don't have time for Him.)

So some will stop at the first evidence of an apparent contradiction and conclude there is no God. I can't tell you how many times I have found a contradiction, prayed about it, and then had the answer given to me the next day. I trust that even if I find another hundred contradictions, God will give me another hundred logical truthful answers to them. I trust Him, and He trusts me.

If you start with a belief in God, suddenly everything makes sense, and all the age old questions like why are we here and what is our purpose can be answered.

If you look at life with an unbelief then nothing makes sense. Why? Because you are looking in the wrong places.

This would be like if I drew a picture of a snow globe and signed my name at the bottom. And someone came along and analyzed my picture with a magnifying glass, looking at every in depth detail of the picture but didn't bother to step away from the picture and look at the whole piece of paper and missed the signature.. They then concluded that the picture drew itself because no signature is present. Doesn't make sense...
Science looks at the details of creation and tries to explain away God. When if you just look to God He will explain all the details of creation.

But for some it doesn't matter what evidence you present to them... God Himself could send angels to the person, and he'd explain it away with some 'scientific' conjecture, or 'rational thinking'...

Gods signature is all over us, you just have to step back from the mirror and look around.
edit on 9-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

Very well said, and yes your so right on how people whether they claim to be atheist or some other nonbeliever are always full of contradictions. I agree that they don't want to have to change their lives, and or they just aren't interested. Again you said it very well, a star for you is but a little thing, but something better is when Christ returns.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
"When Paul told us that in the last days immorality would increase and that men would become lovers of men, he was not exaggerating. In the past immorality increased in a subtle, almost coy manner, like a cancer silently spreading through the body of its host. However, in recent years the intensity of immorality has multiplied itself many times over and with a shocking viciousness. Homosexuals, lesbians, and transsexuals are so proud of their sin that they march in the streets demanding to be recognized as a special, privileged class. We have actually reached the point where it is literally a crime to say (or even imply) that homosexuality is a mental disease or defect. The Bible tells us that in the last days good will be called evil and that evil will be called good."

Really? Your words not mine OP.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

Speaking for myself, I am blessed of God to have a brother/sister in Christ to speak the truth as you have! I hope this is an encouragement for you to keep up the GOOD WORK! As you plant and water, it is God who gives the increase. I have seen the vicious attacks! You are hated because you have loved! Only eight were saved as the Ark was lifted above the knashing of teeth. The knashing of teeth had just begun. There is and will be the knashing of teeth again. Ignorance of truth will be no defense. Truth is all around us.

Apollyon, (Abaddon) is soon to call forth the nephilim horde. Man will wish for death but it will flee from them.

Utopia! Universal Peace and Safety! Global Community! One big happy family! Don't be led by blind guides!

"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: (Even him) whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." (2 Thessalonians 2:8-12)

We only see the tip of the iceburg regarding the wickedness and evil approaching! The False Messiah! The False Prince of Peace! The Global Community Leader! He will be a great Community Organizer, to organize the persecution of those who follow the Way, the Truth and The Life, Jesus Christ, The Son of God!

We are fast approaching the promise of the Father! Our Lord's second coming!

Christ told the disciples, you will be hated because of My name. But this life is only a passing phase, what matters is eternity.
All the attacks makes me want to even say more. There are many walking in darkness, hopefully some will seek the Light of the world Jesus Christ, hopefully the scales will be removed from their eyes. And if only one sees God's love, it will have been worth it.
Peace and Love to You
God Bless

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

"When Paul told us that in the last days immorality would increase and that men would become lovers of men, he was not exaggerating. In the past immorality increased in a subtle, almost coy manner, like a cancer silently spreading through the body of its host. However, in recent years the intensity of immorality has multiplied itself many times over and with a shocking viciousness. Homosexuals, lesbians, and transsexuals are so proud of their sin that they march in the streets demanding to be recognized as a special, privileged class. We have actually reached the point where it is literally a crime to say (or even imply) that homosexuality is a mental disease or defect. The Bible tells us that in the last days good will be called evil and that evil will be called good."

Really? Your words not mine OP.

Okay, when and where did I say that?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Now here is a very good example of someone reading things into a post. Nothing at all was mentioned of hating homosexuals, and yet we have this kind of post appearing.
This is obviously a tiny rant that is designed to take us in another direction. Sorry, it won't work, I've seen it many times here on ATS, I even fell for it earlier on this very thread that I started, and also fell for it on other peoples threads. I guess I let the small minded ones get to me with the wild and useless. Never again, and don't count on me replying to anything else you post. I will only reply to the intelligent post.

Sounds like a cop out to me. Don't be scared.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It is in the 'continued' part of your original post. Maybe you should read what you copy and paste onto this site before insulting somebodies intelligence.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Sounds like a cop out to me. Don't be scared.

I'm not at all scared, it sure does sound like you have issues though.
We are to hate sin not the sinner, we are to pray for the sinner not judge them as you judge.
If anyone is scared it is you, of truth. Get rid of your anger, it will eat you alive.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Your reading what you want into the post and more likely into God's word. Yes God hates immorality, and it is lust. Look at the prostitute when they wanted to stone her, what did Jesus tell them, let he who has no sin cast the first stone. What did they do, they all dropped their stones and walked away.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'm not mad. I just don't believe in blind faith. And just because somebody disagrees with you, doesn't mean that you have to insult their intelligence. I just think that people should answer to what they say. So far, you seem dismissive. Yes I might have some extreme beliefs. But at least I can back up what I say. Don't waste your prayers on me. I have already lifted my spiritual veil that I consider a slave religion. I hope you wake up.

On a lighter note. Yes, I believe that something big is going to happen. It's been known far before christianity. And maybe people are actually working to make it happen because prophecies say so. I'm still undecided.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I'm not mad. I just don't believe in blind faith. And just because somebody disagrees with you, doesn't mean that you have to insult their intelligence. I just think that people should answer to what they say. So far, you seem dismissive. Yes I might have some extreme beliefs. But at least I can back up what I say. Don't waste your prayers on me. I have already lifted my spiritual veil that I consider a slave religion. I hope you wake up.

On a lighter note. Yes, I believe that something big is going to happen. It's been known far before christianity. And maybe people are actually working to make it happen because prophecies say so. I'm still undecided.

Yes your entitled to your beliefs, but don't go reading into something that's not the way you think it's written. You take the whole thing out of context. The quote is right in what it's saying "immorality will increase, and that men would become lovers of men."
" Homosexuals, lesbians, and transsexuals are so proud of their sin that they march in the streets demanding to be recognized as a special, privileged class. We have actually reached the point where it is literally a crime to say (or even imply) that homosexuality is a mental disease or defect."
Is the above, the moral type of thing to expose innocent children to that haven't developed sexually yet?!
AND,
The Bible tells us that in the last days good will be called evil and that evil will be called good."
This is the truth, this is what it has come to.
You want freedom to speak out, and maybe your a homosexual, I don't know. But from the way you lash out it looks as though you are. I have a right too, to speak out and to hold up the word of God, now if that makes you feel uncomfortable than you have a choice, either search your own soul sincerely to see if what you are doing is right, or just walk away. You don't have to partake in this discussion. You do have that right and freedom, but don't try to cram your beliefs or ideas down my throat, I'm not trying to cram mine down yours. I am sharing and speaking out what I believe and what I believe is under the proper Topic page which is titled, Religion, Faith, and Theology.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join