It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Big Is About To Happen

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by dalan.

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by dalan.

Hell is the equivalent of a mental gun being held to the heads of human beings, to use fear to moderate their behavior.

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ. There should be no fear of hell or behavior modification on our parts as human beings. Jesus has done all the work for us.

Well, if no one is going to go to hell there isn't anything to worry about then. And there certainly is no point in trying to convert anyone to Christianity if we are not being threatened with torture any more.

You may have misunderstood me friend. Many are going to Hell. My point is that becoming a Christian requires no modification of behavior on our parts. There is no 'mental gun at your head' as you put it. This is because when one believes in Jesus as the Son of God He lives inside you and -HE- changes you, forever. We no longer have to try to be good, Gods law is written on our hearts. There is no going to hell for those who are in Christ, that is why it is called being "saved". Jesus saved us.

Now as for using hell as a tactic to convert people, that is rather rudimentary. God doesn't want us to believe in Jesus out of fear, but out of love.
edit on 10-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

Exactly!

Either have "belief in Christ", or burn in hell. Its still a mental gun. The only way that the crucifixion would have been useful is if after Christ died Hell was destroyed. It seems like the whole thing was a waste of time if anyone winds up going to hell after the fact. If Christ "paid for our sin" asking for forgiveness would be pointless...but there is that nifty "belief" clause.

Christians use scare tactics of hell all the time:

As long as Hell exists I refuse to follow God. Ever. I would much rather burn for eternity knowing that I chose it as opposed to following a dictator.

Its a joke, and that's why Christians are so mentally illogical. In the same sentence that they profess "God loves you more than you can imagine" comes "and if you choose not to follow him, if you choose to live without Christ, then you have chosen spiritual death and your soul will burn in the torments of hell."

We have a choice. God gave us this choice. Believe in Christ as your personal savior, or burn for all of eternity.

That is force.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Exactly! Either have "belief in Christ", or burn in hell. Its still a mental gun. The only way that the crucifixion would have been useful is if after Christ died Hell was destroyed. It seems like the whole thing was a waste of time if anyone winds up going to hell after the fact. If Christ "paid for our sin" asking for forgiveness would be pointless...but there is that nifty "belief" clause. Christians use scare tactics of hell all the time: As long as Hell exists I refuse to follow God. Ever. I would much rather burn for eternity knowing that I chose it as opposed to following a dictator. Its a joke, and that's why Christians are so mentally illogical. In the same sentence that they profess "God loves you more than you can imagine" comes "and if you choose not to follow him, if you choose to live without Christ, then you have chosen spiritual death and your soul will burn in the torments of hell." We have a choice. God gave us this choice. Believe in Christ as your personal savior, or burn for all of eternity. That is force.

You choose darkness and so be it, you choose to judge, it's your choice. I don't judge you, you bring judgment upon yourself. I don't have that burden to judge, and it is not my right to judge, it is God's right to judge. And if you have a problem with that, than it is yours and only your problem no one elses.
You made your bed and you will have to sleep in it.
You do not understand what God or Jesus is, you want to blame to direct your own weakness, blindness, and conceit away from yourself. Destruction will come upon those that are conceited, and for those that spit in the face of God.
If you insist that He is a dictator, and blame Him for the existence of hell, than it will be your own mistake, you refuse to open your heart so you will never know what faith is and you will never understand.
There is still hope for the one who refuse to open their hearts to the Lord. But eventually that chance will come to an end.
When Jesus Christ was on the cross and just before He died on that cross He said, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."
edit on 12-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by hawaii50th

Just wanted to correct one statement you made. The truth is that far, far more people on earth beleive in God than those who do not. Atheists are a small minority of people. They are just loud and given a megaphone by the ideology and political and social activism of Marxism. In turn liberals have the megaphone of our Universities and corporate media at the moment, so it gives the impression that "everyone" rejects God as they proclaim.

I'm not one for 'source' fights, but it would be interesting to see from where you have this information you claim.

And by the way, your categories are hopelessly mixed up in the common extremist christian black/white way. You make sweeping generalisations on the grounds of "if you're not with me, you're against me", so atheists are marxists, marxists are atheists, liberals are eggheads (but not 'common' people ??) and you conveniently forget to mention the increasing amount of secular individuals, who may or may not have some idea of 'divinity', but who consider it of secondary importance to having a society, where there's a niche for everyone, who doesn't, through violence, actively try to create a totalitarian system.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Liberal... Marxist... "You People". Thank you for confirming that this has nothing to do with the "soul" and everything to do with politics. Religion is just another divide and conquer tactic.
And I find the concept of hell very childish. It is like a child who does good deeds for his parents not because those deeds are spontaneous, but because he expects some kind of reward. It takes a person of stronger character to have good moral principles without expecting some kind of award. Like me knowing that I may suffer in hellfire for all eternity by almost daily denouncing a childish, baby killing, nature hating, egotistical God. I will suffer for my beliefs.
There is no love in fear.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by dalan.

Exactly! Either have "belief in Christ", or burn in hell. Its still a mental gun. The only way that the crucifixion would have been useful is if after Christ died Hell was destroyed. It seems like the whole thing was a waste of time if anyone winds up going to hell after the fact. If Christ "paid for our sin" asking for forgiveness would be pointless...but there is that nifty "belief" clause. Christians use scare tactics of hell all the time: As long as Hell exists I refuse to follow God. Ever. I would much rather burn for eternity knowing that I chose it as opposed to following a dictator. Its a joke, and that's why Christians are so mentally illogical. In the same sentence that they profess "God loves you more than you can imagine" comes "and if you choose not to follow him, if you choose to live without Christ, then you have chosen spiritual death and your soul will burn in the torments of hell." We have a choice. God gave us this choice. Believe in Christ as your personal savior, or burn for all of eternity. That is force.

You choose darkness and so be it, you choose to judge, it's your choice. I don't judge you, you bring judgment upon yourself. I don't have that burden to judge, and it is not my right to judge, it is God's right to judge. And if you have a problem with that, than it is yours and only your problem no one elses.
You made your bed and you will have to sleep in it.
You do not understand what God or Jesus is, you want to blame to direct your own weakness, blindness, and conceit away from yourself. Destruction will come upon those that are conceited, and for those that spit in the face of God.
If you insist that He is a dictator, and blame Him for the existence of hell, than it will be your own mistake, you refuse to open your heart so you will never know what faith is and you will never understand.
There is still hope for the one who refuse to open their hearts to the Lord. But eventually that chance will come to an end.
When Jesus Christ was on the cross and just before He died on that cross He said, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Amongst all the competing sytems for finding 'truth', 'knowledge', 'reality' etc yours is at the bottom. It's based on circle-argumentation, where 'you're right, because you're right'.

And if you choose to remove the responsibility one step from yourself, and let your alleged 'god' be this 'truth', it doesn't change anything. It's just a semantic dodging, where this 'god' can express all the opinions, you wash your hands of. You're just the humble messenger.

Quote: ["You choose darkness and so be it, you choose to judge, it's your choice. I don't judge you, you bring judgment upon yourself."]

I don't 'judge' you either, when I refer to a third party (which I have no influence on and not necessarily support all the way), which talks about 'religious psychosis'. And just like you, who don't condemn homosexuals, but let 'god' take care of that, I can with the same clean conscience say, that it's not up to me to 'judge' individuals who from religious motives are presenting some kind of self-appointed and intolerant absolutes, and maybe in the process loose their marbles; I let psychiatry do the 'judging'. And in the case of psychiatry, there's not even a hell implied. It'll be a question of being stuffed with tranquilizers.

Quote: ["I don't have that burden to judge, and it is not my right to judge, it is God's right to judge. And if you have a problem with that, than it is yours and only your problem no one elses."]

So you just promote 'god' instead.

Quote: ["You do not understand what God or Jesus is, you want to blame to direct your own weakness, blindness, and conceit away from yourself. Destruction will come upon those that are conceited, and for those that spit in the face of God."]

Basically saying, that people disagreeing with you are 'un-informed'. Can you, without resorting to circle-argumentation, clarify this?

Quote: ["If you insist that He is a dictator, and blame Him for the existence of hell, than it will be your own mistake, you refuse to open your heart so you will never know what faith is and you will never understand."]

Or it will be YOUR mistake to believe as you do. That's actually the undecided question on this thread.

Quote: ["There is still hope for the one who refuse to open their hearts to the Lord. But eventually that chance will come to an end."]

Personally I'll take my chances, and from your preachings (which you call 'sharing') my choice isn't so difficult.

Quote: ["When Jesus Christ was on the cross and just before He died on that cross He said, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."]

And Karl Marx said: "Religion is an opiate for the people". Buddha said: "Universal existence is a confidence trick"; Hitler said: "Caucasians are superior" and I'M saying, that I have my own ways of searching for 'reality'.

edit on 12-3-2011 by bogomil because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by bogomil because: syntax

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Amongst all the competing sytems for finding 'truth', 'knowledge', 'reality' etc yours is at the bottom. It's based on circle-argumentation, where 'you're right, because you're right'.

There is only one truth, and that truth is found in the Lord Jesus Christ. And those that are first will be last. The Lord God is just and right in all things, mere man is lost without having faith in the One that is the Alpha and the Omega. I am not right, the Lord Jesus Christ is right.

And if you choose to remove the responsibility one step from yourself, and let your alleged 'god' be this 'truth', it doesn't change anything. It's just a semantic dodging, where this 'god' can express all the opinions, you wash your hands of. You're just the humble messenger

This is the difference between you and myself, I take responsibility for my own actions. That is why Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, He died on the cross voluntarily so that we could have salvation through His sacrifice. By accepting Him in our lives and hearts, we can ask God for forgiveness of our sins in Jesus name, this is a on going daily thing. When we do this, we are taking on our responsibility and admitting to our daily and past failures.
The semantic dodging you accuse Christians of is exactly what your guilty of by these statements that you yourself make. God is the creator, He's created all things, and all He asked was that we worship Him, and He would take care of His creations every need.
But man chose to rebel against God, so He said, okay you have the freedom to choose your own path.
By using your own limited reasoning, you can not understand what life truly is, and why we will be judged by God. This life here on Earth is only temporary, what is after life is what counts. And that is what God created us for, to spend an eternity with Him and to never have pain, hunger, sorrow, or any need of any kind, but only pure love and peace in a place of complete unimaginable beauty.

I don't 'judge' you either, when I refer to a third party (which I have no influence on and not necessarily support all the way), which talks about 'religious psychosis'. And just like you, who don't condemn homosexuals, but let 'god' take care of that, I can with the same clean conscience say, that it's not up to me to 'judge' individuals who from religious motives are presenting some kind of self-appointed and intolerant absolutes, and maybe in the process loose their marbles; I let psychiatry do the 'judging'. And in the case of psychiatry, there's not even a hell implied. It'll be a question of being stuffed with tranquilizers.

Religion is not to be confused with Christianity. Religion is a man made institution, and is full of flaws, if you can grasp that.
On homosexuals and of course unbelievers always have to bring up this argument, because they think that they can win with this one. God loves everyone, but He will judge us if we sin and He will hold us accountable. The act of practicing unnatural sexual practices is lust. The excuse that this is who I am and how I am made does not work to make the homosexual life style okay. Like any other immoral way of living, it is very possible to be healed by just turning away from the sin, and seek out God by accepting Jesus Christ into ones heart and life, and pray with total faith and trust to be healed.
I don't know of any true believing Christian that has lost their marbles because of their faith. But I know lots and lots of people that didn't believe in God or believed but didn't have a commitment to God that went over the deep end, and or became alcoholics, and drug addicts and worse.
Psychiatry is a flawed idea, there is not one person that does not fall into one of the many psychological categories or disorders to some degree, everyone has a tiny bit or more of a symptom of each. That is why psychiatrist, and psychologist can be fooled by so called patients and or even criminals. And many misdiagnoses are made.

So you just promote 'god' instead.

If that's the way you want to put it, what else do you expect? And what kind of statement is this anyway? Have you missed something along the way?

Basically saying, that people disagreeing with you are 'un-informed'. Can you, without resorting to circle-argumentation, clarify this?

How can you agree to something that your not opened to, how can you understand something that your closed minded to? I know that I know what I know. How do I know, because I admitted to being a sinner, and being imperfect before God, I asked that His only Son Jesus Christ to come into my life, I ask fro forgiveness of my sins and my short comings and show me the way and the truth, I needed to know. I was tired of what mankind has to offer, it is full of weaknesses, flaws, lies, lack of compassion, cruelty, injustice, greed, jealousy, unkindness, ugly pride, war, hate, insecurity, egotism, the list is long.

Or it will be YOUR mistake to believe as you do. That's actually the undecided question on this thread.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is not a mistake to have faith and to believe in God.
The undecided question is for you and no body else. You are the one to come here on this thread to dispute that the existence of God is false. And don't get me wrong, I encourage those of you to come and question, otherwise I wouldn't be starting threads as these. I just wish that people like you would be more civil in your tact.
I present what God has taught me from His infinite wisdom, which I have yet much more to learn and the learning never stops until death.

Personally I'll take my chances, and from your preachings (which you call 'sharing') my choice isn't so difficult.

You take your chances as you please, it is your freedom to do so, and also it is your soul, that's why we a called individuals, we choose our own destiny.

And Karl Marx said: "Religion is an opiate for the people". Buddha said: "Universal existence is a confidence trick"; Hitler said: "Caucasians are superior" and I'M saying, that I have my own ways of searching for 'reality'.

If you like to put your faith in in your self, that's again your free choice to do so. If you like to quote godless oppressive dictators such as Hitler and Marx who murdered millions of innocent men women and children and failed in their own rhetoric not to mention that's pretty sick to quote tyrants such as those two, sorry but I had to say that.
Buddha, well that's another misconception and fallacy. Choose everything but the one right thing, that's the way its got to be.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You wrote:

["There is only one truth, and that truth is found in the Lord Jesus Christ. And those that are first will be last. The Lord God is just and right in all things, mere man is lost without having faith in the One that is the Alpha and the Omega. I am not right, the Lord Jesus Christ is right."]

Honestly, I don't feel very lost, but I'm sure you know better.

My quote:And if you choose to remove the responsibility one step from yourself, and let your alleged 'god' be this 'truth', it doesn't change anything. It's just a semantic dodging, where this 'god' can express all the opinions, you wash your hands of. You're just the humble messenger

Your quote: ["This is the difference between you and myself, I take responsibility for my own actions."]

By letting invisible entities run your life for you?

Quote: [" That is why Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, He died on the cross voluntarily so that we could have salvation through His sacrifice. By accepting Him in our lives and hearts, we can ask God for forgiveness of our sins in Jesus name, this is a on going daily thing. When we do this, we are taking on our responsibility and admitting to our daily and past failures."]

Nice sermon. Is it for my benefit (which you ought to know by now is a waste of time). Or do you have any other potential converts in mind?

Quote: ["The semantic dodging you accuse Christians of is exactly what your guilty of by these statements that you yourself make. God is the creator, He's created all things, and all He asked was that we worship Him, and He would take care of His creations every need."]

We can do 'rational', logic, science instead and any time you wish.

Quote: ["But man chose to rebel against God, so He said, okay you have the freedom to choose your own path."]

There were some punishment and threat involved also. Besides it's quite grotesque to arrange an initial situation of: "You have freedom, but if you use it, you'll have it coming".

Quote: ["By using your own limited reasoning, you can not understand what life truly is, and why we will be judged by God."]

And extra-limited reasoning allows for ONE specific holy manual to be chosen as guideline. Not my messing around with a science I can trust.

Quote: ["This life here on Earth is only temporary, what is after life is what counts."]

But while I'm here anyway, I can't see any reason to turn myself into a moron.

Quote: ["And that is what God created us for, to spend an eternity with Him and to never have pain, hunger, sorrow, or any need of any kind, but only pure love and peace in a place of complete unimaginable beauty."]

Or it could be, that 'god' botched the whole creation-thing and made a miserable universe, which now is trying to make the best out of the situation. E.g. in the case of mankind by learning something useful instead of wallowing in self-pity.

Quote: ["Religion is not to be confused with Christianity. Religion is a man made institution, and is full of flaws, if you can grasp that."]

I think, I JUST can grasp it. Christianity is not a religion, it's an isolated region of your personal mindset.

Quote: ["On homosexuals and of course unbelievers always have to bring up this argument, because they think that they can win with this one."]

WIN! THIS! ONE! Do you think that working to ensure minorities the same rights as everybody else is a GAME?

Quote: ["God loves everyone, but He will judge us if we sin and He will hold us accountable."]

Yes, with LOVING fire-and-brimstone.

Quote: ["The act of practicing unnatural sexual practices is lust."]

The last time I tried sex (I'm heterosexual) that was also lust. How do YOU do it?

Quote: ["The excuse that this is who I am and how I am made does not work to make the homosexual life style okay."]

What about by nature being a bigot fanatic; is that OK?

Quote: ["Like any other immoral way of living, it is very possible to be healed by just turning away from the sin, and seek out God by accepting Jesus Christ into ones heart and life, and pray with total faith and trust to be healed."]

Yeeesss. Pray the gay away. Does it function on insanity also?

Quote: ["I don't know of any true believing Christian that has lost their marbles because of their faith."]

Your criteria are without doubt very, very different from mine, so wouldn't notice it, even if you had it at extremely close quarters.

Quote: ["But I know lots and lots of people that didn't believe in God or believed but didn't have a commitment to God that went over the deep end, and or became alcoholics, and drug addicts and worse."]

That would be the common atheist-psychosis, not to be confused with the religious-psychosis. The mental hospitals are filled with people, who believe, that they are NOT Jesus.

Quote: ["I know that I know what I know."]

Strangely enough I also feel the same way about myself.

Quote: ["How do I know, because I admitted to being a sinner, "]

You don't sound, as if you have much fun in your life, so this is probably better than nothing.

Quote: ["I was tired of what mankind has to offer, it is full of weaknesses, flaws, lies, lack of compassion, cruelty, injustice, greed, jealousy, unkindness, ugly pride, war, hate, insecurity, egotism, the list is long."]

You forgot homosexuality.

Quote: ["I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is not a mistake to have faith and to believe in God."]

On your own behalf. Not mine, please.

Quote: [" The undecided question is for you and no body else."]

That's most likely the closest you'll ever get to being tolerant and liberal.

Quote: ["You are the one to come here on this thread to dispute that the existence of God is false."]

And you're the one, who came to this subforum disputing that 'god' is 'true'.

Quote: ["And don't get me wrong, I encourage those of you to come and question, otherwise I wouldn't be starting threads as these."]

Thank you, Master.

Quote: ["I just wish that people like you would be more civil in your tact."]

You mean like agreeing with your religious ideas.

Quote: ["If you like to quote godless oppressive dictators such as Hitler and Marx who murdered millions of innocent men women and children and failed in their own rhetoric not to mention that's pretty sick to quote tyrants such as those two, sorry but I had to say that."]

Actually Hitler and the commie-dictators had much in common with the invasive parts of christianity. As contrasted with secular democracies.

Quote: ["Buddha, well that's another misconception and fallacy."]

Do you think that buddhism can be remedied by prayer also. You see, most buddhists secretly long to become christians as it is. Buddhists DETEST the tolerance in buddhism, poor souls.

edit on 12-3-2011 by bogomil because: two words deleted

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Your sure one angry person, you must of had some real bad experiences along the way. You sure like to twist and turn words too. So, if you think so negatively about Christianity, why are you wasting your time here? Yes your just one of those most likely liberal types that just has to have the last say. Thanks for some of the chuckles you gave me.
And you can go on and blowing wind, and it won't make a difference to me at all with your name calling and all. It just shows the level at which you are at.

Have a great life and thanks for the compliments.
Have a great and wonderful day.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You wrote:

["Your sure one angry person, you must of had some real bad experiences along the way."]

No, I'm just naturally grumpy.

Quote: ["You sure like to twist and turn words too."]

When in Rome do as the romans.

Quote: ["So, if you think so negatively about Christianity, why are you wasting your time here?"]

I don't feel, that I'm wasting my time.

Quote: ["Yes your just one of those most likely liberal types that just has to have the last say."]

I wasn't aware, that it's characteristic of liberals to want the last word.

Quote: ["And you can go on and blowing wind, and it won't make a difference to me at all with your name calling and all. It just shows the level at which you are at."]

?????NAME-CALLING???????

Quote from your OP 2.:

[" We have actually reached the point where it is literally a crime to say (or even imply) that homosexuality is a mental disease or defect."]

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Religion is not to be confused with Christianity.

I think this is the first time that I have heard it implied that Christianity is not a religion. Could you please elaborate on this rather fantastic statement?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm an evil baby eating atheist so I can't say that this thread appeals to me much, but I do have one question for the OP:

What is your opinion on Zeus, Thor, Poseidon, and the hundreds of other deities of the other hundreds of religions from around the world? Do you believe in their existence? If not, then why?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Religion is not to be confused with Christianity.
I think this is the first time that I have heard it implied that Christianity is not a religion. Could you please elaborate on this rather fantastic statement?

If your sincere about why I say that than sure I will explain. The new testament is what Christ taught to the people, it is the teachings of Jesus Christ. He became the new covenant between God and man. Christianity is derived from Christ, He is the Christ who came to save the sinner.
After the crucifixion and many years later churches were organized, the Roman Catholic church came into being and along with it pagan religious traditions were incorporated into the church. Men were in charge and men corrupted Christianity with their own teachings distorting much of what Christ said and did. This is why over the years and today there are so many people that are turned off to God. Instead of looking at who is actually at fault for all the confusion of what faith and believing in God really is, most will just right it all off and just say that they refuse to believe for a hundred and one different reasons.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
I'm an evil baby eating atheist so I can't say that this thread appeals to me much, but I do have one question for the OP:

What is your opinion on Zeus, Thor, Poseidon, and the hundreds of other deities of the other hundreds of religions from around the world? Do you believe in their existence? If not, then why?

I believe that mythology isn't all that off, what I mean by that is, in the beginning there were what is called "the watchers." These were angels that fell from grace. They saw that the daughters of men were beautiful and took them as wives, you can read about this in Genesis chapter 6.
These angels had children with human women, and they gave birth to what is known as the Nephilim. These Nephilim grew up to be giants in the land in those days. I have reason to believe through research that eventually they had become known as gods and this is where mythology began, only than it wasn't recognized as myth.
One of many good references is "The Book of Enoch" which was left out of the bible in the first council of Nicaea. But in the bible there are many references to Enoch.

reluctant-messenger.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The new testament is what Christ taught to the people, it is the teachings of Jesus Christ. He became the new covenant between God and man. Christianity is derived from Christ, He is the Christ who came to save the sinner.

In my opinion, the only ones who know what Christ really taught to the people are the ones who were alive at the time and heard his words for themselves.

Men were in charge and men corrupted Christianity with their own teachings distorting much of what Christ said and did

If this is true, then how do you purport to have access to Christ's original teachings 2000 years after he imparted them?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Although it was such a long time ago, there is a record called the bible. Through study of Greek, and Hebrew, also the Dead Sea Scrolls, there is plenty of evidence. Also by comparing all the different bible versions that have been written. The Holy Spirit of God has protected biblical scripture. One way to find out is to open ones heart to God and ask for His divine wisdom through Jesus Christ to show us the way and the truth.
Many people will seek out other ways, new age beliefs, astrology, physic readings, and so many other forms of spiritualism, when all they have to do is approach the one true God in sincerity and in complete faith and He will show you. It's so simple and yet many won't go there. Never mind what men did through religion, go directly to God, don't depend on men. Men's ego always gets in the way, and another rule is to always test the spirit.
Even myself, I miss things that are important to mention, I don't have all the answers, but I do know the most important part, which is to accept Jesus Christ into ones heart as Lord and Savior. That is the only way, He is the only way and He is the beginning to all wisdom and truth. Another thing is, we can never stop learning, it is a process that goes on till death.

Oh, and one other thing, if we didn't have access to God, then there would be no hope for mankind.
edit on 13-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by GeeGee

I believe that mythology isn't all that off, what I mean by that is, in the beginning there were what is called "the watchers." These were angels that fell from grace. They saw that the daughters of men were beautiful and took them as wives, you can read about this in Genesis chapter 6.
These angels had children with human women, and they gave birth to what is known as the Nephilim. These Nephilim grew up to be giants in the land in those days. I have reason to believe through research that eventually they had become known as gods and this is where mythology began, only than it wasn't recognized as myth.
One of many good references is "The Book of Enoch" which was left out of the bible in the first council of Nicaea. But in the bible there are many references to Enoch.

reluctant-messenger.com...

I was actually expecting you to say "They don't exist. They're made up." or something along those lines, in which case I had a witty remark lined up

But at least you've shown you differ from other Christians on that issue.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Although it was such a long time ago, there is a record called the bible.

This may come as a surpise to you, but if Jesus himself had written every word of the Bible, and I were convinced that the original had survived without adulteration, then I would embrace the teachings for my own spiritual edification.

Many people will seek out other ways, new age beliefs, astrology, physic readings, and so many other forms of spiritualism, when all they have to do is approach the one true God in sincerity and in complete faith and He will show you

How can you know the depth of sincerity in anyone else's heart? How do you know that God has not shown them the way to realize Him?

Another thing is, we can never stop learning, it is a process that goes on till death.

I am glad that you are open to more learning.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

I use to not believe that they could exist at one time. But one day with all the crazy stuff that's going on in this world, I just got very fed up and wanted to know the truth about as much as I could. And honestly I turned to God in prayer and prayed with all my might and all my heart, and He has shown me things that really blew me away.
I am very thankful that I had made the decision many years ago to believe and to accept Jesus Christ into my life. If more people would just take that leap of faith and look towards God for the answers to life and everything in it and about it, they would just blow their minds and say to themselves, why didn't I do this sooner.

All it is, is just plain simple faith, in believing, that yes there is a God and He is wonderful, it's that simple.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Although it was such a long time ago, there is a record called the bible.

This may come as a surpise to you, but if Jesus himself had written every word of the Bible, and I were convinced that the original had survived without adulteration, then I would embrace the teachings for my own spiritual edification.

Many people will seek out other ways, new age beliefs, astrology, physic readings, and so many other forms of spiritualism, when all they have to do is approach the one true God in sincerity and in complete faith and He will show you

How can you know the depth of sincerity in anyone else's heart? How do you know that God has not shown them the way to realize Him?

Another thing is, we can never stop learning, it is a process that goes on till death.

I am glad that you are open to more learning.

Jesus' disciples and other faithful men wrote the new testament through the power of the Holy Spirit that was in them. Of all the books in the world, the new testament bible is the only one that has the perfect moral teachings on how we should live.
The old testament was also written by Godly men and a couple of Godly women that were inspired by the Holy Spirit of God.
Through faith anyone could discover this. When we ask in faith amazing things start to happen to an individuals soul, it's like a third eye in our mind and connected to our heart that opens up. We begin to see everything in a different way. I can't even explain it with words, words alone can't isn't good enough to describe the awakening that takes place inside your mind, heart, and soul.
The sincerity in ones heart is a personal thing between you and God and no one else, only God knows a person heart, and He even knows how many hairs you have on your head, unless your bald of course.
But he still knows your heart.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Jesus' disciples and other faithful men wrote the new testament through the power of the Holy Spirit that was in them.

I accept that this is your personal conviction, but your conviction does not establish it as a fact.

Of all the books in the world, the new testament bible is the only one that has the perfect moral teachings on how we should live.

You have read all the other religious and spiritual books in the world to make such an assessment?

When we ask in faith amazing things start to happen to an individuals soul, it's like a third eye in our mind and connected to our heart that opens up. We begin to see everything in a different way. I can't even explain it with words, words alone can't isn't good enough to describe the awakening that takes place inside your mind, heart, and soul.

I am not an atheist that needs convincing about the power of faith. I understand the depth of your conviction, and I even respect it, but you do nothing to elevate or promote your beliefs by insinuating that non-believers are blind to the truth, and all those other negative judgements you readily make. If you force someone into a defensive position about their own views, then they are hardly going to open tbeir heart to yours.

The sincerity in ones heart is a personal thing between you and God and no one else, only God knows a person heart,

We do agree on this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join