It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Big Is About To Happen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I'm not putting stuff on here to prove to you anything. I'm putting it on here for others to read and whoever is interested. So don't flatter yourself. I have nothing to prove to you, you are not the center of this thread.

And anyway, your still here?

edit on 9-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This Thread has been derailed...

What I see is ignorance... The Thread isnt about proving the Existence of God or Jesus... It is not about history lessons on the origins of religion...

This thread was about Prophesy...

TechVampyre if you feel so strong about your "beliefs" then create your own thread...

End this debate that is hijacking the thread...

Back on Topic...
...The Temple of Solomon... it has to be rebuilt... when its finished and the capstone is finally put into place... the prophecies will be locked into sequence... Only then will the end be a guarantee...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Enders war..
I don't start things and not finish them..so if your done with this foolish debate I will go..
it's been fun..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
This Thread has been derailed...

What I see is ignorance... The Thread isnt about proving the Existence of God or Jesus... It is not about history lessons on the origins of religion...

This thread was about Prophesy...

TechVampyre if you feel so strong about your "beliefs" then create your own thread...

End this debate that is hijacking the thread...

Back on Topic...
...The Temple of Solomon... it has to be rebuilt... when its finished and the capstone is finally put into place... the prophecies will be locked into sequence... Only then will the end be a guarantee...

op gave me permission.

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by TechVampyre
This is not my thread to show to you..or to prove to you that Jesus Christ "the sun god" is a fictional character based off of Egyptian Myths. So if you would like me to prove this to you..I'm going to need the op's permission. otherwise let's just agree to disagree. I grow tired of this fast.

What an excuse, here I give you permission, go for it. Or are you just one of those, wants to have the last word types that say nothing of value.

edit on 9-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

right.... then your both derailers.. Your "Proof" did not enrich this thread... It only made it a waste of my time... Thank you for that... Good day....

Start your own thread... your views are potent enough... unless you don't actually believe the words your fingers type...

I'm leaving this pitiful waste of a thread

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Funny of you to say such things..As neither of your comments were on-topic either..If that is the case.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Back on Topic...

Actually... Someone must not know how to read?

That was clearly on topic?

Since you killed the thread... I'll never polly get to hear anyone's idea's on Solomon's temple...

What If you answered my question? That way you could have contributed something to this thread... instead of your bible bashing...

So here ya go in simpler words.... Do you think that Solomon's temple will ever be rebult?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sorry i tend not to read insults that have no ground..Why don't we alert this thread and let a mod decide..I stand by the fact that my original comment was on topic. and all of the ones that followed it included as the topic shifted. Can you not see this.. or did you not read the thread.? clearly.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

No thoughts on Solomon's Temple? It was a real building... that is fact...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

How do we know the Bible is true?

There have been hundreds of books written on the subject of the evidences of the divine inspiration of the Bible, and these evidences are many and varied. Most people today, unfortunately, have not read any of these books. In fact, few have even read the Bible itself! Thus, many people tend to go along with the popular delusion that the Bible is full of mistakes and is no longer relevant to our modern world. Nevertheless the Bible writers claimed repeatedly that they were transmitting the very Word of God, infallible and authoritative in the highest degree. This is an amazing thing for any writer to say, and if the forty or so men who wrote the Scriptures were wrong in these claims, then they must have been lying, or insane, or both. But, on the other hand, if the greatest and most influential book of the ages, containing the most beautiful literature and the most perfect moral code ever devised, was written by deceiving fanatics, then what hope is there for ever finding meaning and purpose in this world? If one will seriously investigate these Biblical evidences, he will find that their claims of divine inspiration (stated over 3,000 times, in various ways) were amply justified.

www.christiananswers.net...

You'll have to do much better than that here on ATS. The kind of argumentation you're presenting has been analysed and chewed over regularly at a considerably more competent level, than you demonstrate here.

1/ You're referring to 'authority'. What makes this alleged authority into a REAL authority and on what?

2/ Quote: ["In fact, few have even read the Bible itself!"]

On another thread you have demonstrated your own bible-ignorance; and anyway, don't presume that your opponents here will be un-informed.

3/ Quote: ["Thus, many people tend to go along with the popular delusion that the Bible is full of mistakes"]

Where it's possible to take any stand on this from observable knowledge, there ARE some essential mistakes in the bible. Besides it has quite a few self-contradictions.

4/ Quote: ["Nevertheless the Bible writers claimed repeatedly that they were transmitting the very Word of God, infallible and authoritative in the highest degree."]

The world is full of more or less absurd claims, but your source answers this....

5/ ["This is an amazing thing for any writer to say, and if the forty or so men who wrote the Scriptures were wrong in these claims, then they must have been lying, or insane, or both."]

That's the options I would go for.

5/ Quote: ["But, on the other hand, if the greatest and most influential book of the ages, containing the most beautiful literature and the most perfect moral code ever devised, was written by deceiving fanatics"]

This is meaningless embellishing rhetoric.

6/ Quote: ["then what hope is there for ever finding meaning and purpose in this world?"]

So it's black or white. Either these arrogant self-proclaimed 'truths' or nothing. These people need to get out of the holy bubble occasionally and look at the other existing options for 'truth'.

7/ Quote: ["If one will seriously investigate these Biblical evidences, he will find that their claims of divine inspiration (stated over 3,000 times, in various ways) were amply justified."]

Amply justified by whom and on what criteria?

Hawaii, you have to upgrade your sales technique. You're not amongst zombis or imbeciles here.

Don't you have any PERSONAL opinions, arguments or competence on the subject?

edit on 9-3-2011 by bogomil because: spelling and typos

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

it's not a fact..it's been highly debated in fact..www.museumofhoaxes.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'm not putting stuff on here to prove to you anything. I'm putting it on here for others to read and whoever is interested. So don't flatter yourself. I have nothing to prove to you, you are not the center of this thread.

And anyway, your still here?

edit on 9-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

That's just a covert way of saying 'proselytizing'.

You would probably have much more chance of success in a church, on a streetcorner or at a pro-christian site.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Is there anything you want to 'prove' from that?

It must be noted, that in 2500 years or so, New York will most likely be an archeological fact. As Spiderman, according to Spiderman scripture, went to college there, does that validate any possible Spiderman-cult?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

How do we know the Bible is true?

www.christiananswers.net...

You'll have to do much better than that here on ATS. The kind of argumentation you're presenting has been analysed and chewed over regularly at a considerably more competent level, than you demonstrate here.

1/ You're referring to 'authority'. What makes this alleged authority into a REAL authority and on what?

2/ Quote: ["In fact, few have even read the Bible itself!"]

On another thread you have demonstrated your own bible-ignorance; and anyway, don't presume that your opponents here will be un-informed.

3/ Quote: ["Thus, many people tend to go along with the popular delusion that the Bible is full of mistakes"]

Where it's possible to take any stand on this from observable knowledge, there ARE some essential mistakes in the bible. Besides it has quite a few self-contradictions.

4/ Quote: ["Nevertheless the Bible writers claimed repeatedly that they were transmitting the very Word of God, infallible and authoritative in the highest degree."]

The world is full of more or less absurd claims, but your source answers this....

5/ ["This is an amazing thing for any writer to say, and if the forty or so men who wrote the Scriptures were wrong in these claims, then they must have been lying, or insane, or both."]

That's the options I would go for.

5/ Quote: ["But, on the other hand, if the greatest and most influential book of the ages, containing the most beautiful literature and the most perfect moral code ever devised, was written by deceiving fanatics"]

This is meaningless embellishing rhetoric.

6/ Quote: ["then what hope is there for ever finding meaning and purpose in this world?"]

So it's black or white. Either these arrogant self-proclaimed 'truths' or nothing. These people need to get out of the holy bubble occasionally and look at the other existing options for 'truth'.

7/ Quote: ["If one will seriously investigate these Biblical evidences, he will find that their claims of divine inspiration (stated over 3,000 times, in various ways) were amply justified."]

Amply justified by whom and on what criteria?

Hawaii, you have to upgrade your sales technique. You're not amongst zombis or imbeciles here.

Don't you have any PERSONAL opinions, arguments or competence on the subject?

edit on 9-3-2011 by bogomil because: spelling and typos

It won't matter how anyone tries to present proof, it will always be shot down. Proof comes through faith, and faith comes to the individual that is willing to have faith. Than and only than will you know the truth. To have faith in God will set you free. It's choices, the freedom to choose, you can choose to put your trust in God, or you can choose to put your faith in something else.
It's a personal choice.
I know that I know, and no one can tell me different. It's so simple but many don't get it simply because they don't want to. They fall into the trap of lies, put blame on God and everything He stands for seems to be easier than to just trust Him.
The devil don't exist, that's another lie, but the devil is the one that don't want you to believe that he is real and does exist. This way you will never find truth. Love is also what God is all about, but nobody wants to believe that either. For if they did they would know what true love is. That alone is why there is so much pain, wanting, and loneliness.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Thanks for your answer. Nice to see a real effort of personal communication, and while I still diagree with you on almost anything religious, I will at least not try to pull you to pieces. Such is the reward of honesty.

When you talk about proof the way you do, you must certainly mean individual proof. Because what gives meaning to you, doesn't necessarily give meaning to me. (This could be said about the rational, logic, reasoning, whatever also).

Believe it or not; I can understand and respect that: "You know that you know" as long as you give other people the same option without ANY interference in their lives.

This is a cornerstone of egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy and while this is far from religion per se, it's nonetheless very important for religions to have somewhere to practise freely. Free from religious or political authorities interfering, free from competing religions interfering.

Well, you started your post nicely, without preaching or being all-knowing. But I guess old habits die hard, because you end with dishing out trite old christian clichées again; The devil, known to discourage 'knowledge' etc.

Don't sneak this trash into your communication. You only antagonize people, which probably isn't your intention, as you talk about your 'god' of love.

If your 'god' of love is true (which it isn't for me, I can't see anything loving in Jahveh) let the rest of us find love our way, without you pushing your religious labels.

The main reason for pain, wanting and loneliness has a much deeper and extensive reason than I suspect you can understand, but at the level manifested in mankind, it's promoted most of all by individuals who know 'truth' better than everyone else, and want to enforce their 'truth' on mankind. That goes for Hitler, Stalin, Mao as well as Calvin.

The mankind herd left to its own, will only be bewildered and slightly greedy, but not with any pronounced need for 'evil'.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

When you talk about proof the way you do, you must certainly mean individual proof. Because what gives meaning to you, doesn't necessarily give meaning to me. (This could be said about the rational, logic, reasoning, whatever also).

Of course individual proof, but where you fail to understand is even though it's individual proof, if you were to sincerely seek out to know the truth about God you'd find out 1. He does exist, and 2. you would finally understand some of my meaning. Look, this is nothing to do with I'm better than you or your better than me, it's about finding out about the truth to life, why we are on this earth, and yes there is a Creator an all Mighty God.

Believe it or not; I can understand and respect that: "You know that you know" as long as you give other people the same option without ANY interference in their lives.

Another of course, God did not create idiots, or robots, He gave us individuality and a mind to think with and the freedom to choose.

This is a cornerstone of egalitarian, secular, liberal democracy and while this is far from religion per se, it's nonetheless very important for religions to have somewhere to practise freely. Free from religious or political authorities interfering, free from competing religions interfering.

God has nothing to do with politics, He does not care for secularism, but He does believe in freedom and that's why He gave us the freedom to choose. God does want us to worship Him and with that He would provide us a life unimaginable. But because of our rebellious nature we choose not to, and there is a consequence for that choice.
Rebellion is what created all the different religions, not God. Men are the ones that screw up not God. But men like to find blame and not be responsible for their own actions. Christianity is simple and it is of Christ not men, don't confuse religion with Christ the two are totally different.

Well, you started your post nicely, without preaching or being all-knowing. But I guess old habits die hard, because you end with dishing out trite old christian clichées again; The devil, known to discourage 'knowledge' etc.

Your judging me as all knowing, I never said I am. You see, this is typical of people that refuse to acknowledge that there is a God and refuse to recognize that fact, these are what's called the rebellious generation.
Whether you like it or not the devil does exist and that is the biggest problem for humanity. Failing to realize and admit that the devil is real, is to play right into the devils scheme to destroy mankind. If you don't know your enemy than you will not know how to fight him. And if to you that's a Christian cliche than so be it, it's a reality that many fail to realize and accept, and it's to their own loss.

Don't sneak this trash into your communication. You only antagonize people, which probably isn't your intention, as you talk about your 'god' of love.

This remark of yours is so liberal, and it is to your own end. You want me to speak and in your arrogance you want me to speak only words you want to hear. I don't waste my time pouring honey on it, there would be no point in me saying anything if I,m going to water it down.

If your 'god' of love is true (which it isn't for me, I can't see anything loving in Jahveh) let the rest of us find love our way, without you pushing your religious labels.

Your more than welcome to try and find love your way, as I said, God gave you freedom to choose, nobody is holding a gun to your head and telling you to choose God's love, it's that simple. As I will say to you, I will speak out what I want, your not going to dictate to me what I can or can not say. I never told you what you can or can not say. And if you want to put labels on people go right ahead, it doesn't make a difference to me.
Also, people that get mad and offended when God is spoken of says to me that they are feeling guilt. Guilt is a hard and bad thing that just eats away at people and just sends them to their grave a very unhappy soul.
The soul is for eternity, and to gamble with the soul is a very serious matter.

The main reason for pain, wanting and loneliness has a much deeper and extensive reason than I suspect you can understand, but at the level manifested in mankind, it's promoted most of all by individuals who know 'truth' better than everyone else, and want to enforce their 'truth' on mankind. That goes for Hitler, Stalin, Mao as well as Calvin.

This statement of yours I find very shallow, Love is the one and most important thing that one could have. To say that there is a much deeper and extensive reason for all the pain, loneliness, and wanting that cause suffering is cold. If the world was full of love, there would be no pain, no wanting, no loneliness. Everyone would be good to each other, everyone would be always willing to help each other, it would be a perfect world. We wouldn't have the Stalins' the Hitlers' or the Maos' or any other tyrants.

The mankind herd left to its own, will only be bewildered and slightly greedy, but not with any pronounced need for 'evil'.

Mankind left to it's own will eventually destroy it's self. It's so unbelievable how gullible people continue to be, after all these thousands of years to still have hope that man will find his own way to utopia. Given the weapons that exist today, anyone thinking that we are on our way to enlightenment is really dreaming, and might as well go on a freeway with a big bucket of sand and plant their head in it, maybe they won't get hit by a hugh semi traveling down the highway doing 70 mph.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think God exists. He is a man whom we cannot name further then a 3-lettered word we already know. The difference between God and humanity is the difference between us all. We're all unique and we should choose to live with the forsaken if they choose to harm the good for evil.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Any God who condones slavery is not anyone we should bow down to. Old and New Testament both regard slavery as something that is *okay* and I must disagree! The bible was made by man to control the masses. Period. Yes I do believe in God/Creator Etc, but not this one is the bible...,.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Starwise because: SP change add new sentence

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Not having the ability or knowing how to prove something exists don't necessarily mean it doesn't exist...

-or-

And how do you prove that something that does not exist...........doesn't exist?

Does a green elephant with pink ears exist?

All you can say with any amount of certainty is that no one has seen one before.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

www.evilbible.com read and learn, it quotes your loving god straight from the bible itself! I bet you never read these passages before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join