It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Big Is About To Happen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Don't rule out self-fulfilling prophecy. It may be a fact that people are actually working to carry out these prophecies thinking that they are doing the work of god. I believe whats in the bible is vague enough to apply to any time and keep the slaves screaming apocalypse. Where you may see love, I see fear.

Without God's wisdom no one can understand prophecy. Also, as time progresses on only then does the prophecy becomes clear, it is God's design to not allow men to force prophesy along. It all happens in God's time not man's.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

You wrote:

["Not many people want to believe that there is a God or look at what God has to say about the future."]

Many people are existentially sane, and don't want to believe in fairytales, 'validated' by circle-argumentation.

Quote: ["Humans like to be defying and refuse to accept Christian teachings from the bible."]

Some humans like to defy and refuse rational approach, logic, science, pragmatism and social egalitarian principles. They are called elitist, evangelical, extremist christians.

Quote: ["They make excuses that the bible was just written by men,..."]

Is there any reason to believe otherwise?

Quote: ["that the bible is out of date,...]

Correct. 2000-2500 years.

Quote: ["that what is written in the bible is full of violence,..."]

It is.

Quote: ["and or contradiction."]

That too.

Quote: ["And that religion is the cause of all problems on the planet,...]

not correct. It's only amongst the top ten.

Quote: ["and if there is a God, why would he allow suffering."]

Yes. Why?

Quote: ["It reminds me of children who make up excuses for misbehaving, never wanting to accept responsibility for their own actions....."]

I'm considerably less condescending and categorical than you, so I'll not say what YOU remind ME of.

Quote: ["In fact God refers to us in that way."]

You mean: He allegedly refers to us that way.

Quote: ["Many cultures have tried other gods and other beliefs all in vain, never resulting in that permanent euphoria, utopia, or everlasting peace."]

Christianity had its go in Europe, Greenland and South America. That's what you want to bring to market?

Quote: ["We have been the prodigal children that God waits for patiently because of His perfect Love for His creation."]

How nice of him.

And the grand finale...preaching, prophecies, signs-and-wonders.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Please don't take any offense at my previous comment. I was just trying to point out that you have nothing to show for your opinion that God doesn't exist (just as I have no evidence that you are a bot). To make an empirical statement like that requires knowledge that neither of us has.

As we have no adequately complete proof that could explain all existence, you have to consider all theories (even those that propose a diety) based upon what is evidenced.

A truly balanced view is that we just don't know, anything else is opinion.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

I've heard it said that the bottom line is this.., it doesn't matter whether, or not, the Bible is the truth.., its a pretty damn good way to live...

Regardless, I have found much truth in the Bible about life in general - about the past and about today. Why should I doubt what it says about the future?

I used to feel sorry for people who have no spirituality - stuck in a mono-dimensional, dull life. I don't anymore. Even those with room temperature IQs should be able to see that we are, at least, on the threshold of a qualitatively new historical era. And my gut tells me it ain't gonna be fun.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Something BIG is always about to happen..
..And you are correct..The bible is a work of fiction, Created by men with very active imaginations..Welcome to reality. THERE IS NO GOD! get use to it. Sorry.. The sooner you can accept this as fact..The better off you will be. Religion is nothing more then Brainwashing, propaganda..Created to control society.
edit on 9-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

Whether or not god is real is unimportant, Faith on the other hand is. And if some poeple get that from there religion WHO ARE YOU to say otherwise?

have you experienced a miricle? been riddled with cancer one day then up and walking the next? The power of faith and believing in something gives some people peace, and if it makes them a better person than its all worth it in the end. Its a PERSONS CHOICE and our FREEWILL in our world that lets people choose what they want to believe in. not some Tyrannical Dictorship that your ideal world is.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Please don't take any offense at my previous comment. I was just trying to point out that you have nothing to show for your opinion that God doesn't exist (just as I have no evidence that you are a bot). To make an empirical statement like that requires knowledge that neither of us has.

As we have no adequately complete proof that could explain all existence, you have to consider all theories (even those that propose a diety) based upon what is evidenced.

I gave you a star, No offense taking don't worry about it. But yes it is pretty much a fact that religion, and all the things that go with it was created..Can't be proven (unfortunately) because many people would benefit from a reality check.. I won't post my views on the subject any further in this thread.. out of not being in the mood to be flamed by "certain" members..but I think it is time a lot of people wake up and see the truth..YOU CAN'T REMAIN BLIND FOREVER..

I just find it ridiculous anyone would get so defensive over a imaginary being who's existence can not be proven..Sad..shows you what kind of world we live in.. sad how people can be so easily manipulated..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

["Not many people want to believe that there is a God or look at what God has to say about the future."]

Many people are existentially sane, and don't want to believe in fairytales, 'validated' by circle-argumentation.

Quote: ["Humans like to be defying and refuse to accept Christian teachings from the bible."]

Some humans like to defy and refuse rational approach, logic, science, pragmatism and social egalitarian principles. They are called elitist, evangelical, extremist christians.

Quote: ["They make excuses that the bible was just written by men,..."]

Is there any reason to believe otherwise?

Quote: ["that the bible is out of date,...]

Correct. 2000-2500 years.

Quote: ["that what is written in the bible is full of violence,..."]

It is.

Quote: ["and or contradiction."]

That too.

Quote: ["And that religion is the cause of all problems on the planet,...]

not correct. It's only amongst the top ten.

Quote: ["and if there is a God, why would he allow suffering."]

Yes. Why?

Quote: ["It reminds me of children who make up excuses for misbehaving, never wanting to accept responsibility for their own actions....."]

I'm considerably less condescending and categorical than you, so I'll not say what YOU remind ME of.

Quote: ["In fact God refers to us in that way."]

You mean: He allegedly refers to us that way.

Quote: ["Many cultures have tried other gods and other beliefs all in vain, never resulting in that permanent euphoria, utopia, or everlasting peace."]

Christianity had its go in Europe, Greenland and South America. That's what you want to bring to market?

Quote: ["We have been the prodigal children that God waits for patiently because of His perfect Love for His creation."]

How nice of him.

And the grand finale...preaching, prophecies, signs-and-wonders.

Hey, what can I say except that your entitled to live in the dark. You don't understand, you don't want to understand, you insist on looking the other way, and it's you choice. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and telling you that you have to accept God and His word. If you want to believe in vain, your most welcome to it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by uselesshobo

..And you are correct..The bible is a work of fiction, Created by men with very active imaginations..Welcome to reality. THERE IS NO GOD! get use to it. Sorry.. The sooner you can accept this as fact..The better off you will be. Religion is nothing more then Brainwashing, propaganda..Created to control society.

Whether or not god is real is unimportant, Faith on the other hand is. And if some poeple get that from there religion WHO ARE YOU to say otherwise?

have you experienced a miricle? been riddled with cancer one day then up and walking the next? The power of faith and believing in something gives some people peace, and if it makes them a better person than its all worth it in the end. Its a PERSONS CHOICE and our FREEWILL in our world that lets people choose what they want to believe in. not some Tyrannical Dictorship that your ideal world is.

Yes I have experienced a miracle.. The miracle of evolution..The miracle of human life..The miracle of existence..None of witch I contribute to a god.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You can say what you want about the forum that this thread is under, that doesn't give you the right to talk about your opinion on something that is completely off-topic from what the OP posted.

Made me look like a fool?
Better to be silent and thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt... you my friend have just exemplified that statement.

@OP - good work, and I like your view of these kinds of people like TechVampyre. I guess you can't really appreciate the sweet without the sour? I can respect other people's views, even the more negative ones, but I don't appreciate when people try to steal away the original subject of what you posted. I'll be checking back to see your responses and good luck!

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

You can say what you want about the forum that this thread is under, that doesn't give you the right to talk about your opinion on something that is completely off-topic from what the OP posted.

Made me look like a fool?
Better to be silent and thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt... you my friend have just exemplified that statement.

@OP - good work, and I like your view of these kinds of people like TechVampyre. I guess you can't really appreciate the sweet without the sour? I can respect other people's views, even the more negative ones, but I don't appreciate when people try to steal away the original subject of what you posted. I'll be checking back to see your responses and good luck!

~Namaste

Give me a break..My comment was on topic and relevant to the argument..Religion is a scam (that I can not prove to you) and when you look at it under this light..You see fast that this is relevant to the argument..as this would make the statements in the op irrelevant..Do I need to walk you through this?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I gave you a star, No offense taking don't worry about it. But yes it is pretty much a fact that religion, and all the things that go with it was created..Can't be proven (unfortunately) because many people would benefit from a reality check.. I won't post my views on the subject any further in this thread.. out of not being in the mood to be flamed by "certain" members..but I think it is time a lot of people wake up and see the truth..YOU CAN'T REMAIN BLIND FOREVER..

I just find it ridiculous anyone would get so defensive over a imaginary being who's existence can not be proven..Sad..shows you what kind of world we live in.. sad how people can be so easily manipulated..

And yes, sad for you to see it that way. Men want proof, well he was given proof many times. And every time he did not see the proof. When you wake up every morning unless your a shift worker well it can still work only you don't always see the Sun rise. The earth in it's self is a miracle, life is a miracle, having children is a miracle, it's all around you, but we take it for granted that tomorrow will always come.

link   
I would just like to highlight one part from the endless diatribe:

Quote: ["We have actually reached the point where it is literally a crime to say (or even imply) that homosexuality is a mental disease or defect."]

Yes, isn't it to bad. Let's get theocracy back as quick as possible.

link   

I totally agree, Christianity was created by the ancient Egyptians after they were overthrown by the Romans, they wanted to get back into power, they knew they didn't have a big enough army so used spirituality to do it, while all the while making people really pray to Amen Ra the sun god, that is why people say Amen after prayer, that is why they say "he has risen" meaning the sun, that is why SUNday the holy day is called SUNday and not Sonday, and many other things. Almost everything from the bible is from ancient Egypt history.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yes I have experienced a miracle.. The miracle of evolution..The miracle of human life..The miracle of existence..None of witch I contribute to a god.

Evolution, yes it's just a random thing, poof and there you are.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

And yes, sad for you to see it that way. Men want proof, well he was given proof many times. And every time he did not see the proof. When you wake up every morning unless your a shift worker well it can still work only you don't always see the Sun rise. The earth in it's self is a miracle, life is a miracle, having children is a miracle, it's all around you, but we take it for granted that tomorrow will always come.

Please provide factual proof..or your argument is not relevant..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEV1L79

I totally agree, Christianity was created by the ancient Egyptians after they were overthrown by the Romans, they wanted to get back into power, they knew they didn't have a big enough army so used spirituality to do it, while all the while making people really pray to Amen Ra the sun god, that is why people say Amen after prayer, that is why they say "he has risen" meaning the sun, that is why SUNday the holy day is called SUNday and not Sonday, and many other things. Almost everything from the bible is from ancient Egypt history.

There's sure some good comedians on here.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Please provide factual proof..or your argument is not relevant..

No! you provide proof, you brought evolution up.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

oh please..This is proof of the existence of a god? sorry I don't see how. And I KNOW i'm not the only one that won't buy that excuse..gonna have to try harder.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You wrote:

["Hey, what can I say except that your entitled to live in the dark. You don't understand, you don't want to understand, you insist on looking the other way, and it's you choice. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and telling you that you have to accept God and His word. If you want to believe in vain, your most welcome to it."]

I send the same courtesies back to you. But without megalomania, self-appointed wisdom or derogative assumptions.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

oh please..This is proof of the existence of a god? sorry I don't see how. And I KNOW i'm not the only one that won't buy that excuse..gonna have to try harder.

Your the one that started with all your empty talk. What's relevant of anything your saying, all I see here is another troll just trying to dispute something with no evidence to back it up.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join