It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever look up at the night sky and feel a sense of nostalgia?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I definitely feel a longing when I look up at the night sky. Like some missing part of me might be up there... some clue to the puzzle of life.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yes yes yes! Every time I look at the night sky i'm captivated. At times i end up forgetting about time and its like there is a feeling of love and understanding. I can't explain it other than to say its like a warm memory long forgotten, and every time i try to remember i'm left with a sense that it will all be explained some day.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
Am mostly a happy person, but sometimes I just feel depressed cos I'll never really know about any of this stuff. I barely have enough time to learn the basics about things nevermind see awesome stuff thousands and thousands of light thingies away which I barely understand.

I wouldn't even care if there wasn't other life out there. I'm sure there's lots of stuff to see. So its not nostalgia so much as wishing I could swim around in the eternal sea of stuff and just look at it in wonderment.

Then I go back to eating my sandwich.

Pinky, I, too, am at a loss when it comes to, "the thingies of space". But do not down play the role of the sandwich. A tiny historical morsel of, "The Sandwich".
"Sandwiches have most likely been around much longer than their presence has been recorded. The earliest recorded combination of bread with fillings pressed between came when Rabbi Hillel put apple slices, chopped nuts, and some spices between matzos to eat with the bitter herbs during Passover in the 1st century B.C." Robin Whittmore. Just so you know.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Wow. I always have that feeling. I always wish I could go to another planet. Too bad reality doesn't allow that to happen very easily.

Reality doesn't allow that to happen very easily, or our technology in this day and age doesn't?
I would think it's our technology which makes it difficult, not the mechanics of physics and reality.

In fact, everyone feels nostalgic and at home when we peer into the sky and view magnificent pictures of the Universe. This is because we all have been out there, we just have trouble recalling it. In dreams... and "before" our physical incarnations were created within our consciousness. Consciousness is not contained within your physical body... your physical body is contained within the vibrational frequency domain of your consciousness. It just appears the other way around because your consciousness is focused on the physical when you're not dreaming.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I always feel like I am stuck here,

I don't know what it is and how it is possible but for some reason I feel like I have been there(space) before.

Can't wait for space tourism to take me up there (=

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I can identify with the whole 'nostalgia' feeling...but I think one can get stuck there and not find the gems that are beyond that feeling.

Once I thought home was out there....now I know that 'home' is where ever I am. Home, for every being, is when you reach your state of being of finding harmony with 'life'. That life is all that surrounds you and what you are, together. Its a oneness.

Some say they know that its all a part of everything....but they still long for 'home' outside of them, outside of earth. Home-Heaven......Is a 'state of being'. Home...is where you heart is. You can be in a state of being where your heart seems to be somewhere outside of you, beyond you, hence the feeling of 'knowing the past'...to 'know' home.

The design of harmonics rings throughout the Universe. Since we are a part of this Universe (all that is) we too carry the 'feel', longing, knowing, of harmonics with life. As another poster said...WE ARE STARDUST. What ever you are of...there is a part of you that 'knows' this. You look to the stars....you 'know' a part of you belongs to that, of that, with that, from that, to that.

I dont think that are ultimate purpose is to long for the 'out there somewhere besides here' state of mind. I think a higher 'knowing' can evolve/emanate' from that thought which is to know...all is ONE, together, there is perpetual motion of 'life' and we are of anything that came before us. Without some previous Sun exploding....or MANY previous Sun's exploding...we could not be. As a part of this 'one design'....we have a inner knowing, of being connected to the 'stars'. Depending on ones point of being...one may long for something outside of them, somewhere else being home, but usually they will only wish for someplace else to be 'home' because they are not content or do not see purpose in 'being here now'.

Now is where we need to focus. One cant deny that the Universe did not find it fit for us to be here 'now'. This..is home. You...are of star material. You...can choose to 'look to the past or future' because your uncontent with 'now'....or you can embrace 'now....and fulfill your 'phase of being' of the Universe, of the Stars, of 'life'.

All the material for 'life' comes from Stars that have exploded...sending its materials out into space.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Every element on earth, except for the lightest, was created in the heart of some massive star

And the heaviest elements -- such as gold, lead and uranium -- were produced in a supernova explosion during the cataclysmic end of a huge star's life

Those elements were ejected into space by the force of the massive explosion, where they mixed with other matter and formed new stars, some with planets such as earth

That's why the earth is rich in these heavy elements. The iron in our blood and the calcium in our bones were all forged in such stars. We are made of stardust," Zganjar said.

Literally...stars are our ancestors. Literally...we owe our 'life' to them.

If 'home' is something you seek outside of you...I think you need to ask yourself why is that? Is it because this life is harsh and not some peaceful utopia>? Is it because this life is not what you figure 'life' should be?

There is a reason we have imagination>to create. We, as conscious beings, have an ability that other 'life' of the Universe/One does not have. That is....to change things. To mold things. To look after and over things.

Embrace life 'now'. There is a reason your here...and not 'out there'.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Every once in awhile I do fall into the sense that not only am I a part of the Universe and the Universe is a part of me but sometimes even as if I'm overlooking the Universe. Bigger then it all. This has nothing to do with ego either, it's all a feeling. If anyone else has felt this way it could be that the blood flow is being restricted to the brain when your head is cocked back all the way. So do it laying down and try to get that feeling.
. Staring at the same spot in the sky help's to.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Sums up my vision...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
it really is a overwhelming feeling when looking at pictures of the wonders of the universe, and looking up at the night sky makes me feel so small compared to the extreme size of it all!! just constant thinking, whats it really like up there, how does it all work, and just wondering about it all. and as an added bonus it takes you away from all the crazy stuff happening around us here on earth and all i feel is peace with the universe!! pitty more people wont to do the same instead of looking to see what x celeb said on buckface of twatter
goes to show how much people are wraped up in this little world and dont think outside the box......

ETA: we will all go home when our time on this planet is up

edit on 8-3-2011 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I love looking up, but with each passing year the night sky reveals less and less of it´s glorious relm to those who can see only with unaided eyes. Our technology shows us that cosmic wonders do exist, yet it also clouds the visions of billions.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I´ve been saying for years, after this life, I´m gonna float through the universe for a couple of cycles.
edit on 8-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I often have to walk outside to get food from the freezer in my garage and its always a chore stepping out into the cold, but then I gaze at the stars and realise the chore is actually going back into the house.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Amazingly right! its the source calling from within yourself to our observing eyes, who witness the short sided world we live in. And the urge to reveal the task were heading to?

It all comes when were ready

When I look at the stars or see such beauty I have the incredible urge of creating space objects myself. To give myself the feeling I once flew there or been there in some point of time here's one of my paintings I usually make when the pull gets me!

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What i feel is like this Sometimes when i Gaze at the Stars

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I think I know what you mean. More like a longing to be out there.

I feel that, but I feel nostalgia as well. It's in my DNA.

reply to post by Xcathdra

Believe I know EXACTLY what you mean. Became aware of that longing a couple of years ago. Even wrote a poem about it back then.

It kinda feels like I want to go 'back home'. To that place my sisters call me.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I constantly feel that way. 'Gravitational pull on my soul'

Glad others feel the same.

Great thread

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I totally agree with you. I feel a pull in a different direction, but always seem to feel at home when looking up in wonderment. Every once in a while I feel completely displaced here...like I don't belong. Almost as if I was meant for something a bit bigger.

Hope that doesn't sound to egotistical

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
on those clear nights when the stars are easily seen.........no chem trails.......cough....
I feel it too. I sometimes just gaze up and let my soul pray to the spirit that brought us here.............
I want to know more and see more and love the universe more. We are not bad spirits .....just stuck here for now.
I do feel it too.........The beauty of the Earth is just awesome but the beauty of the universe is awe-inspiring. I am humbly grateful to just experience it for now........knowing somehow there is more and to save my fork........more on the way.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

"Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
— Neil deGrasse Tyson

www.goodreads.com...

In other words..... Our DNA is created from the same material that is created from exploding stars. Therefore, not only are we just apart of this universe, the universe is in all of us. It's an absolutely beautiful and amazing thought, eh?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Nope. I get the feeling of flying, And I want to run away from it all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join