It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever look up at the night sky and feel a sense of nostalgia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Always....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I know the feeling. Just to burst some peoples bubbles, most of the awesome images you think of when you think of space, we will never see. Most of these nebula, to the human eye, aren't there. It's only through photo magic that we can see them, these images show spectra the human eye can't perceive.

that's the real sad thing, even if we can escape this solar system, we'll never truly witness the wonders, we'll always require a screen, even if that screen is implanted into your cornea

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Doesn't burst my bubble at all. I can still 'feel' it.

Perception is always clouded by the tools of perception. Doesn't mean I still can't feel the energy.
Maybe if we ever can look upon deep space with our eyes we can have 'space-viewing' glasses to see the energy waves/protons/whatever they are called? Surely if we can make it out that far without imploding we'll have the technology for the appropriate 'filters' ... like your cornea screen implants (yes, apparently it does do me good to read the entire post lol)
It's a thought, anyway!

edit on 8-3-2011 by pisces77 because: edit to more properly reply to post

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Those pictures you posted? They're all taken at weird, sometimes nonvisible frequencies, false-coloured, tarted up by professional artists or in some cases just plain artist's impressions.

If you're feeling a sense of nostalgia, i.e. familiarity, that's hardly surprising. Those pictures are human artefacts.

We didn't come from outer space you know.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
To answer your question yes, all the time. I only hope when I'm dead and gone the next place I go will have the night sky to look and wonder at.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

We didn't come from outer space you know.

Or do we????

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yes, I know what you mean. It´s undescribable feeling.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I've felt homesick for as long as I can remember ... so good to see so many other people feel the same.

I have also spent years trying to explain 'junk' DNA to people and the information it holds ... most people think I'm either outright crazy ... or at the very least a tad excentric

Woody

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

[I know the feeling. Just to burst some peoples bubbles, most of the awesome images you think of when you think of space, we will never see.

Never say NEVER to a human.

Your word of never was what our cavemen priests told our ancestors. And even during the 15th century, the supposedly most learned and influential men were the priests again, whom repeated the same thing.

Yet today, our probes sent decades ago are still sending back messages from the edge of our solar system and our space telescopes seeing discoveries unknown daily, along with our advances in orbital mechanics calculations.

Thanks to the great men, the true representatives of our human spirit, whom persevered despite the odds, lay the foundations for the next generations to build the next level up, just as we must too for the next, and one day, the Universe will no longer be out of our grasp and hope in mortal form...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I feel your pain. Now when folks call me eccentric, or just 'weird smart' (I guess that phrase fits if they don't know the 'e' word) I say 'thanks!'

It's so hard to find people that even WANT to know.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Or do we????

No, of course we didn't. Not even as bacteria.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yes v1rt. I feel it every day and every night as I gaze at the stars. It's homesickness to the extreme. We will go home one day, but for now we are left with the empty feeling that we don't belong here and belong up there instead. It's a very humbling thought.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I wont troll, but do recommend you look deeper in the rabbits hole.......

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have always looked to the stars and thought 'I want to go home'. Its a longing that to me, cant be explained - it is just there. I want to go Home.

I never felt comfortable on Earth. Never felt comfortable in this human skin. As I have grown older, I have come to terms with this existence. Sort off. But not completely.

Perhaps we are Stardust. Everything that is, was because of the Big Bang, and that includes us. Maybe the longing to go Home is just our stardust bodies making a connection. I don't know.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Pretty much, but instead of a longing to be out there, its more of a feeling that I need to "return" to out there.

Same here.

I can't watch the night sky without feeling like I belong there.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Panspermia? Hoyle and Wickramasinghe? :shk:

Reading old Mesopotamian myths as if they were sci-fi romances? :shk:

Gnostic ideas about heavenly essences trapped in prisons of the flesh? :shk:

Or were you talking about some other rabbit?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have actually had dreams about being pulled into space. As scary as they where once I woke up I wish I would just let it take me. Every night I look at the sky and wonder why I am here and not out there. Damn this human body that holds me back.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IM4truth

from the time I was 9 years old......I felt the "tug" and curiosity to the Cosmos. I look skyward at night and have such a sense of longing. I have never been sure "why".....I simply know it's a passion. Whatever is out there captivates me......and I get depressed sometimes thinking, I may never know. Whether I came from there or simply desire to know whats out there.......is something that invades my soul to a very deep place. I continue to look to Heavens and hope that in my lifetime, I might know what makes me need to know.

I was going to write a reply to this thread but you have said exactly everything I feel. It's comforting to know I'm not alone in my feelings. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yes

Every day it gets stronger & stronger and i'm becoming more & more aware its like falling in love but on a much much longer time scale

The world is waking up!

I think that's obvious for all to see now especially in the middle east

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's the tug we all get, our inability to understand what we see but also our comprehension of how small we are in such a vast amount of space and time. What always gets me is that we're the only living thing on this rock which seems to care which makes us so utterly unique and interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join