It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever look up at the night sky and feel a sense of nostalgia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I feel a gravitational pull tugging at my soul. It summons me to gaze at its magnificent beauty and explore the miracle of its coming to life. There is an unmistakable urge to be at one with the universe. An urge to return home and fulfill our destinty.

I wonder what our mother was like. I know someone who is a lot like our mother, the Eagle Eye nebula.

I want to reach the point just before the event horizon of a black hole and gaze directly into the secrets of the universe.

I want to witness the torrents of energy that stream from the center of a beautiful but deadly quasar.

The story has been written. It’s in our DNA, waiting to be read. Waiting to tell us about our glorious past.

Can you feel it?

edit on 7-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Everyday my friend......

Every moment ....

... it calls to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Absolutely beautiful pictures, to answer your question yes I do feel a sense of nostalgia when I look at the sky. Kind of like when you are a kid looking at fireworks at home, feels so comforting in a way. In particular when there is a stellar situation going on. Thanks again for the wonderful pictures,

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Am mostly a happy person, but sometimes I just feel depressed cos I'll never really know about any of this stuff. I barely have enough time to learn the basics about things nevermind see awesome stuff thousands and thousands of light thingies away which I barely understand.

I wouldn't even care if there wasn't other life out there. I'm sure there's lots of stuff to see. So its not nostalgia so much as wishing I could swim around in the eternal sea of stuff and just look at it in wonderment.

Then I go back to eating my sandwich.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I really can feel it v1rt. An always present, never ending longing to connect with what ever it is that's out there. I love Earth too but I hate these shackles.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
every night man

btw, depending on where you are might still be able to go out and catch discovery pass, then follwed by the ISS. only lasted a few seconds, but was pretty cool watching them both slip into shadow.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yes, I don't feel Small when looking at the night sky.. I feel as if I'm being pulled apart to fill it up.

Obligatory 2nd line goes here.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
when I look up at the stars and those pics I get homesick...

the universe is like a warm blanket on a cold night...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I also get that yearning feeling.

Maybe it's an unconscious desire to return to where we came from.

That's one of the reasons I would like to be able to consciously astral travel, but my attempts so far have been unsuccessful.

Nice one.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Wow. I always have that feeling. I always wish I could go to another planet. Too bad reality doesn't allow that to happen very easily.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Home.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

from the time I was 9 years old......I felt the "tug" and curiosity to the Cosmos. I look skyward at night and have such a sense of longing. I have never been sure "why".....I simply know it's a passion. Whatever is out there captivates me......and I get depressed sometimes thinking, I may never know. Whether I came from there or simply desire to know whats out there.......is something that invades my soul to a very deep place. I continue to look to Heavens and hope that in my lifetime, I might know what makes me need to know.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Oh yeah, always looking up.

I tend to get a very humbling feeling of insignificance. That my actions are meaningless in the grand scheme, and I am so inconsequential.

In a good way...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Completely agree, however I dont feel nostalgic, but rather an unusual sense of belonging while at the same time feeling out of place on Earth.

I dunno.. hard to explain...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think I know what you mean. More like a longing to be out there.

I feel that, but I feel nostalgia as well. It's in my DNA.

reply to post by Xcathdra

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I think I know what you mean. More like a longing to be out there.

I feel that, but I feel nostalgia as well. It's in my DNA.

reply to post by Xcathdra

Pretty much, but instead of a longing to be out there, its more of a feeling that I need to "return" to out there.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

It's probably the only thing that hasn't changed since we where children, I sometimes look into the night sky and feel just the way I did when we walked home from my Nans house holding my Mums hand. The stars are the only constant in our lives these days.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Our 97% junk DNA is most likely code that may tell a story of our past.

www.esotericonline.net...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yes. All the time. Even during the daylight hours, I gaze upwards in a haze of 'homesickness.'
It's a yearning, like a magnetic pull.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Our bodies are but DNA chemical constructions, but our eternal consciousness/soul, comes from the cosmos.

Thus the sense of yearning, a return....

But we have a purpose in this bodily form, a destiny to fulfil - to spread our seeds to the stars and manage it to the best of our abilities in human form, united with common aspirations one day when our shackles of imposed differences end, so that we may not contaminate new worlds , expanding far and wide into the Universe....

Listen to this theme music, stare up to the starfilled skies amidst the cityscape or the vast empty landscape before you, and come back here to tell me I am wrong...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join