It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever look up at the night sky and feel a sense of nostalgia?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yes. I love space ever since I was young. I wish I could live on different planets. Like we do different houses and cities. Hunt all type of animals and eat them. Get the full taste of the universe. Aswell as the sites,smells,and sounds.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
this video just fits this thread

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yes, since I can remember I've yearned to swing from a star.....travel the Universe and return home and I had a dream of a future lifetime that I do just that....I know I chose to be here and I have my mission but I have never felt at home here....I'm just so different than the majority of ppl I have met over a lifetime....now I realize, I'm not alone in these feelings~~

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think I'm here at the Earth Plane for my 2nd to last go around, but I've asked God for a tour of the universe between lives, just to see, I want to see, in particular, another civilized world, I HAVE to see it..

Hey anything is possible..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Every time without fail. S & F Good thread.
I have always felt this pull - and often wondered if it was only just me.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Where are these pictures taken from, the 2nd one im intrested in, really cool if it's real. Also yes, when star gazing, I have strange feeling and thoughts. Like we are part of a bigger plan in some way.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nice thread V.

Yep I am with you too.

I love looking up at the sky at night, it seems to take all the troubles and worries I have, and make them insignificant.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I get a sense of awe and insignificance when i look at the skys. Its nothing like going to my childhood park

But i know where your coming from, and understand what your saying.

Plus, how can you not feel great looking at the sky or at those beautiful pictures (especially in the deep north)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I always feel nostalgic when I look at the night sky.
Even when i simply think about it.

That's one of the main reasons I got into astronomy and got a job at the observatory. lol

It is such a nice feeling, I thought.. "what will maximize this feeling?",
"What can I do to get this feeling as much as possible?"

So, Buying a telescope, and becoming a member of the observatory seemed like the best thing..
then i just kinda "fell" into working there.

and still, every night Im out there looking up,
or even just thinking about the stars..
I get very nostalgic feeling.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Nice to meet you all, there are still many here on ATS that haven't joined this thread and posted, we are many!

Keep your eyes to the skies

sad to say, we are not many. for each one of us that can look up and ponder vast wonderments, there is countless millions that prefer to look down at thier smartphone or favorite reality show. I remember last summer at the pool looking at jupiter when the moons were fairly visable even with binoculars, people in my condo asked me what I was looking at. when I told them they asked me why would I want to see that??

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This topic i about me. I look up at the sky every day and I feel that I don't belong to this place. It's strong feeling.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have always had interests in infinite space, the stars and planets. However not until recently have I felt like I have awoken and now feel a strong connection to the universe like we are one and a sense that I am waiting for something to happen. I wish it (whatever it is) would happen already! It is driving me crazy!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I for one always look up to the sky. Whenever you are having a bad day, looking up at the night sky gives you a refreshed feeling of life and really has it's way of making you feel a little bit better if not more.

This thread resulted me into heading over to hubble's site filled with hundreds of amazing pictures, thanks for the refresh!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I feel it too. people forget to look up, but I feel the tug to gaze at the stars in awe

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

I couldn't help myself but.... you should ask some on this site what it's like to be on another planet .

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yeah, your right. Just came in from seeing Discovery & the ISS pass overhead. I can never get enough of staring at the night sky. After all, living in space, is the only true measure of an advanced civilization that has a survival strategy. The Universe is built to keep life going as long as it's not tied to a planet. Living off-worlds is the only way a civilization can survive to become advanced. So all those lights folks see in the sky, that may be "visiting" probably belong to those who've learned to master life between the stars, and they just might be trying to tell us something they've already figured out. They might even feel sorry for us because we're tied to a planet that they know can't survive anyway, at least on the Cosmic scale anyway ....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Funny, I have never felt any special way towards the sun, moon, or the stars, but I have always had a longing for home and can't remember a time when I've felt that I belonged here on earth. Constantly feel like I am on a journey and patiently waiting to go home. That maybe somewhere at some point I had these super beings or super parents who cared about me and wanted to teach me and help me grow and they have this great love for me and I for them.

I really feel that my spirit or soul has existed outside of earth and I keep wondering what I did to deserve being here. I desperately want to know where I came from and why everyone else is here as well.

Was I kidnapped, am I in prison, or is this just a school? Is everyone here for the some collective reason or do we all exist for the purpose of everyone accomplishing or learning their own individual lessons?

Anyone have a strong feeling of why we or at least you are here on earth?

edit on 8-3-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I used to feel like this as a child - some people seem to think children are more in touch with the universe -before we are taught what we "know."

I must admit I haven't looked up at the sky at night in a very long time..years perhaps. Then again, the smog and pollution would make it hard to see anything.

With every war we have, it feels like we stray further from our actual purpose, whatever that may be..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Pretty much, but instead of a longing to be out there, its more of a feeling that I need to "return" to out there.

OK, this is a little scary. See all these people saying this. I have always felt I belonged out there somewhere. I feel homesick looking up at the night sky. I have never told anyone that before until now. I thought people might think I was crazy but I see now I am not alone in feeling this way. I have always felt that when my time comes and I breath my last that it will be out there among the stars.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have this feeling, it only happens when I look into the night sky on a clear night and see all of them stars out there, seemingly floating in blackness, right in my chest it's as if I feel my soul pulling upwards towards it all and wanting so bad to float up there and join it and be one with it. It makes me feel different inside as if for a split second I fully understand purpose and position of my life, it's the greatest feeling, I just wish I fully could comprehend all of the details of why I feel this so much... I also feel it with the moon, I get a feeling of intense greatfulness for the moon.. I just love those feelings. What saddens me is my husband cannot comprehend these feelings I have when I look up at the sky, soon enough I'm sure his soul will grow and he will awaken to feel the truth too

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join