It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever look up at the night sky and feel a sense of nostalgia?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Do you want to see it in person ?? I do not understand what you mean..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Your post was like a breath of fresh air in a stale room. Thanks for reminding us of the awesome, grand universe in which we exist... Simple. Powerful. Refreshing.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I dont know what it is, but yeah I smoke outside and alway look at the Stars always, everytime I smoke at night I look up and stare for atleast 3/4 of a cig, I don't know if its calling or it's just awsome to look at all the stars and think what could be out there.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Atoms don't have memories.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Yes. Ever since I discovered that picture I look into it and feel like something it "pulling" me into it. Then I start thinking about the billions of stars within each galaxy and realize that there is so much out there. Which pictures do you find moving?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yep, every time I look up there I feel it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Mate, you just spoke my mind. :O

- Its an overwhelming sensation!!

I have a place that i keep dreaming of, its a place a feel drawn to and i feel that someday i will be there, and stay there.
it's near impossible to describe but it is definitely not earth..
but i will try... I see landscape, flat in the center but surrounded by mountains in the distance forming a horse shoe shape around the center landscape, at the small entrance(to my right) in the distance is a valley with almost a golden reflection of crystal clear water. picture the mountains with a lush blue/dark covering keeping in mind that it is dusk and practically Pitch black with nothing but the glow of the Blue star already passed over the horizon.
in the center part, an almost farm like setting, with a river catchment as black as the night with the reflection of the stars on the top, in the distance, i stare at it, in itself a very small detail compared to the detailed backdrop.
now, the farmlike setting: tall yellow "sugar cain" like plants cover the huge center ever so neatly.. but leaving the best til last; the small cottage house made of wood, stands underneath the sky in the middle of the field tiny in contrast to the towering mountains Kilometers away, the entire space of it lit up by the glow of the stars and the huge nebula filled with more colours than imaginable.

lol i just had to come back and edit that in.

Cheers
edit on 9-3-2011 by OmiCron because: Wanted to add a new point

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
amazing

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
teh sad thing is that there are so many of us who have the feeling of wonder and amazement when we look to the heavens and gaze upon its majesty.
Yet the drive behind space exploration is very small , the one thing that can ensure the survival of our species is so under funded its unreal!

we need another driver like the cold war in order to send our species to the stars again , instead of wasting our time on earth

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
every night man

btw, depending on where you are might still be able to go out and catch discovery pass, then follwed by the ISS. only lasted a few seconds, but was pretty cool watching them both slip into shadow.

I wanted to watch, but it was raining here
Tonight's going to be clear, but I don't think you can see it tonight. Oh well, I'll have to wait for the next cool thing to fly over.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Every single time I stare at the sky at night.

I am a night person although I am up fairly early. I prefer the dark skies over sunny ones. I always have. I love being able to look out at the sky and the stars at night. It's refreshing and it is one of the few things that can relax.

I get this feeling, that I always have, when I look at the night sky. It's like looking at home in a sense. My mom said I use to always ask to go home when I was a kid and well I was already at home when I asked lol

I prefer the night sky!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I don't know who's Christian or not in this thread but you all should know that the nostalgia your feeling is for our heavenly home way in outer reaches of space. Possibly in another dimension. I see a lot of people are pessimist thinking they will never get to discover these planets and visit them. If you believed in Jesus you would. He said he gives us our hearts desires when we enter Heaven. You can literally do anything you want there. But most people don't know that because some have fallen away from Christ, some don't want Christ and some blantant refuse. You just don't realize how many wonderful blessings and surprises there are in Heaven. God is truly good. If you give him your life, you have all eternity to study the many stars, planets, and galaxies he has created.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

PULSE

Everything moves to an unheard song
A pulsing beat from a time long gone
The energy flows from the centre of space
Slowly it cools to leave matter in place
Yet deep in our substance the dance still goes on.
The movement has slowed, the vibration less strong
It forms our existence and binds us as one
It’s the dark in the night and the light from the sun
To burst into life is energies goal
Organized mass can lead to control
For we are the voice in the ultimate song
As long as you sing you will always belong

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Not nostalgia. Wonder yes. I would love to know what life is like on other planets, of which I have no doubt flourishes everywhere. Water+heat = life no matter how harsh the environment! (you don't even need the sun).

I only have nostalgia for steam locomotives (british GWR+LMS to be exact!). I have a sneaking suspicion there won't be any green coloured Kings on other planets...........

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I even look up into the day sky and fell a sense of nostalgia.
By the way, great parts of Germany and England seem to be free of chemtrails since the march the 7 untill today march the ninth. How does it look in the USA?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Makes you sure wonder but the pictures are quiet amazing

Hmmm some things do like they resemble parts of the human body.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CarlitosAmsel

Hahaha!!! England and Germany decided to stop it for a while

Not to worry it will be back after the Royal wedding trust me

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

These are some beautiful images. I, too feel this all the time. I think these questions are what drew me to the astronomy hobby in the first place. When I gaze at the stars, that have been shining on this little blue world for so many years, I tend to think in awe and wonder as to what they have witnessed, not just here but throughout the
universe.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Your thread is wonderful, almost poetic.S+F for you.

When i look at the night sky i feel many things.Nostalgia,anticipation,melancholy,joy and many more.
In many of my dreams i have seen alien landscapes and planets and stars.I know that one day, one way or another i will return to the stars.

Sometimes i don't even have to look up to feel all those things.Just a thought can make reality go away and find myself among the stars.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures and for making my day better(and for making a thread that everyone is positive and being nice to each other
)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
All the time, ever since my childhood (Im 33 years old now).

When I was a child I used to have the same dream every night. I would go outside and lay down in the garden of my family home, I would look up at the night sky and a star would start to shine more brightly than all the others then a beam of light would come down towards me and I would get a feeling of falling in the pit of my stomach then wake up. Same dream, every night for about 2 years during childhood. When I would awake I would have this odd feeling of being away from home but not knowing where or what "home" was. Very strange.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join