It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever look up at the night sky and feel a sense of nostalgia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Yes I do, since I was a child I've felt a longing, an itch, like a long forgotten memory of home, that I can't completely remember but I still "feel". I guess most of us feel that way, and that goes double for the boys and girls at ATS.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

All the time for me. It is too funny, I'll be at a hotel in some city and when I'm outside for a smoke, I always look up, I usually have to cover/shadow from my eyes the lights from the light posts with my hand so the stars can visually standout a bit more... So people walk by while my hand is up trying to shade my eyes from the light posts and they think I'm praying or doing something goofy and they stare up (by no means am I saying praying is bad, NOT at all)... They always ask "you okay", I always reply with "beautiful and amazing isn't it?", they always say "what's it?", I always reply with "I point to the sky and say THAT!!". Some people actually say "Now that you think about it, as they gaze with me for about 15 minutes, they say, "it sure is amazing what we don't know..", I reply with "I think it's okay that I don't know, I like this WOW feeling I get when I stare up and gaze on the stars, and especially having GoogleSky app, man, to now put a name with a star, and think how many people on this planet are staring at the big dipper now and gazing with me, or I would think,that star was around when Jesus walked this planet, just stuff like that comes to mind when I gaze...

Thanks for the post and making me realize what I do everynight...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

dam awesome too see i'm not the only 1.

Im a baker so every cigarette break i have im always sitting outside looking up at the stars........always saying to people at work "don't you think its mind blowing that when you look up it NEVER ENDS that trips me out still.....great post thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

No! your are STAR DUST MATERIAL.........

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have actually broken into tears while staring into Space, not here in the city (because of the pollution/lights) but out in the country where I was born. I can only sum it up with the feeling of "Home" like it was stated by another in a previous post. I have much to live for here on Earth (my 18 month old daughter primarily) and I long to "return home" so when I stare at the stars and realize the only way to return to the cosmos is death, I feel torn. Makes me sad... I can't wait for the day that my daughter is old enough to look at the stars with me and feel the way I do. *sigh* Home...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Before modern science revealed their mechanism, humankind already looked at the stars and dreamt that the heavens were the abode of our creator. In a way, that is not incorrect. All of the matter in the universe originated from the big bang and was transmuted by stars over billions of years into us, our solar system, the galaxy, everything in the cosmos. If we feel some homesickness when gazing at the stars, it is no surprise. We are cosmically related to the lights in the sky.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Friend what is known as death life are phases of EXISTANCE. Your environment suit is temp your soul is not. Also the knowledge of these phases would not be known to you if not told or embedded genetically. So its like telling a child they have to go to the doctors. The child has data on the doctors and gets a lil fear. If the child had not known of the doctor who was only there for the further preservation of the child the child would not fear would receive enhancement and usually is better off afterwards. I know it seems strange but hey you never know. It could be just a graduation of your soul a maturity of your spirit. A freeing of YOUR TRUE SELF from the 3d bondage we all FELL in love with.

Be well
edit on 3/8/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I understand how you feel, more so with the gradual awakening we humans are facing today, of our social ills . the realization of our common aspirations and destiny which only lays with the stars...

We do have a purpose on this planet. It is our starting point, with the gift of precious life, free will and most critically - love, that binds us all, and gives us a sense of purpose and strength to wake up the next day, if not for ourselves, but for those we love and care about.

Such had been the progress and evolution of our current civilisation.

I wish you all the best and may each day be as rewarding and precious as the previous, as we face the future with courage and hope, and not with fear, for each day, in our perhaps insignificant to others way, you and I are only fullfilling our eventual manifest destiny - to the stars that we today stare so longingly for.....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Great topic. Thanks for posting. You've select some good examples. The pictures that make me feel like being out there is natural are the ones from the Hubble Deep Field South. There is something familiar about seeing all those galaxies and realizing that there is so much possibility in each of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's part of the global awakening. People are remembering past lives and experiences from this universe and others. What got me was a spontaneous waking memory of a past life during the civil war as I drove past a Virginia plantation. I actually remembered my funeral and had a flashback.

We live in amazing times

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You mean this one?

www.astro.washington.edu...

Originally posted by proof-would-be-good
Great topic. Thanks for posting. You've select some good examples. The pictures that make me feel like being out there is natural are the ones from the Hubble Deep Field South. There is something familiar about seeing all those galaxies and realizing that there is so much possibility in each of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It happens to me many times, almost every day. I feel like the sky is trying to pull my soul out of my body. It's sad altough that were I live there's too much light in the sky to see the vastness of it and all those stars but anyways I still understand what you mean and confirm this true and great feeling.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Couldnt have said it any better. the very first time i looked up i knew there was something more than this physical form. my whole life i have spent gazing at the night sky just wishing i could lift off and go home to where i came from. beyond the heavens, beyond the made up story of god. to the biggest picture ever painted by creation. Every single night i look at the night sky and just wonder...why am i here. why now. is this my time to go? can i go now? why? why not? whats holding me back? what am i supposed to learn here on Earth? what is she offering me to realize what is necessary? i look up and i get that home feeling. i belong up there, not here. we all belong up there. thats where we came from. were here now to realize where we belong. hence why you have a feeling youve done some of the things on earth before. we belong with creation and the rest of the universe, not this controled society that isnt going anywhere. i belong there. i will get there. its my home. i look up, and i just see the most beautiful thing that could ever be imagined....we will all be there. i promise.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nice to meet you all, there are still many here on ATS that haven't joined this thread and posted, we are many!

Keep your eyes to the skies

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Every night! The first thing I do when I step outside at night is look up. Just the other day my daughter asked me why I always look up at night. I told her that I just wonder. I wonder how and exactly why it was created. I watched a Stephen Hawking special last night and learned a lot. The universe is made of countless perfect imperfections that make up the wonders of space. My favorite quote of it was "if we were perfect, we would not exist." Hopefully when we pass away the answers will come to us on how All of Everything came to be. Thanks for sharing your post.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You're smoking drugs aren't you?
outer space? a cloud who is your mother? Going home.....out in space? What is the name of that stuff you are smoking?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
outer space? a cloud who is your mother? Going home.....out in space? What is the name of that stuff you are smoking?

Its called reality. open you eyes for once and stop being so blind to whats DIRECTLY in front of you. you should realize this sooner rather than later before its too late...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I go trekking quite often..and sitting outside surrounded by nature at night, staring into what's above, at times it can be deeply infuriating..(not being to know what's really out there or understand) but mainly awe inspiring.

It's beautiful...and humbling.
Seems like we're always in a presence of something much bigger...like a grand design.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It would be nice to see the night sky again.

All the darn light pollution makes it hard at times.

/sigh
edit on 8-3-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Can't speak for everyone else but I don't drink alcohol and I don't smoke ... not even cigarettes

Woody

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join