It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another video similar to Puerto Rico 2 Sun Sighting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent
reply to post by Gixxer

The vid you posted doesn´t debunk the 2 sun videos. In your vid the objects are obvious lens flares that move as the camera moves, the object in all of the 2 sun vids doesn´t move with the camera, so that debunk attempt is weak.

Yes, thats obvious..geez..even a child would know this one..the lens flare moves with the camera..I cant believe this was an attempt at a debunk

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Take a pencil and paper. Draw the sun in the middle. Draw earth on a circle orbiting around the sun. Now try to put Nibiru so that it always is behind the sun from earth view, at every time of the day.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by looofo

First off, to be clear, I´m not saying it´s Nibiru, that said, it´s definately not a lens flare.

And yes, when I draw this out in my mind it seems very possible, if it has a very slow orbit it would appear from somewhat the same position in relation to the sun.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Exactly, all "Nibiru" talk aside, i just think its weird/neat and want to know more about it. Definitely not trying to say its good ol' planet X and we are all doomed, but to just say the camera only acts up when trying to film the sun is a tad far fetched.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Alright look... i've seen a few of these videos now. And have yet to hear a decent explanation... That extra ball in those videos is completely stationary...

can anyone provide an example of how to fake something like that?

These are clearly amature videos...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Then, if something is there, why can no-one see it?

Why are all the observatories and satellites and people who monitor the Sun daily missing an object right next to it?

Why can't it be seen behind, say, a layer of cloud? I recently saw the Sun behind one such layer today, and I saw no second Sun or anything of the sort.

How has it magically materialised next to our own Sun with no-one noticing? Why is it having no effect on our solar system when, if it were real, it should have one? Like, say, burning us to death?

Is using a little common sense too much to ask for?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

... but to just say the camera only acts up when trying to film the sun is a tad far fetched.

No, not really, when you understand the combination of optics, and very bright, concentrated light sources like the Sun.

I guess no one has watched the YouTube video, where the guy rotates his camera around 90 degrees?? IF the camera were taking video of a real object, at the 8 o-clock position relative to the Sun, then as he rotated the camera, the "object" would as well.

Since it doesn't, it is obviously something to do with the lens itself...intrinsic to the optics. In THAT camera. All cameras are not identical....but, many will have minor flaws. Usually, these flaws can't be seen...but the very bright light makes them more obvious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edit --- AND, speak of the devil.....what NyxOne just posted again, as I was postng....the video just below...v v v v v v v v

edit on 6 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Alright look... i've seen a few of these videos now. And have yet to hear a decent explanation... That extra ball in those videos is completely stationary...

Okay.

www.youtube.com...

If the, uh, 'discoverer', here, tiled his camera, he'd be in for a surprise.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by Akragon

Okay.

www.youtube.com...

If the, uh, 'discoverer', here, tiled his camera, he'd be in for a surprise.

hmm, thats pretty good...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Since it doesn't, it is obviously something to do with the lens itself...intrinsic to the optics. In THAT camera. All cameras are not identical....but, many will have minor flaws. Usually, these flaws can't be seen...but the very bright light makes them more obvious.
reply to post by weedwhacker

Pure speculation.

The object might as well be really out there.

You don´t want to consider that so it must be a lens defect, right?

Baseless speculation.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Weedwanker, you become less and less credible with every post you make.

and calling people names like a high school kid makes you seem more credible?

link   
reply to post by NyxOne

Well, guess that explains it..Im a SUN TARD now..thats just great...sighs

link   

Pure speculation.

The object might as well be really out there.

You don´t want to consider that so it must be a lens defect, right?

Baseless speculation.

And if anything was, ahem, 'out there', astronomers, both professional and amateur, would be screaming bloody murder, and anyone would be able to see an object right next to the Sun.

I'd ask you to use your head, but I doubt you will.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by NyxOne

Well, guess that explains it..Im a SUN TARD now..thats just great...sighs

Also, here's another example.

www.youtube.com...

Notice how this 'second sun' disappears several times, and takes several seconds to rematerialise, whereas, were it real, it would remain where it was.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

>sigh<

Perhaps someday youngsters will grow up, and learn to discuss like adults. Another ATS member, a professional photographer, took a still photo with a Nikon SLR camera, a high-quality telephoto lens, and used a welder's mask filter to attenuate the brightness. There is NO "second sun"!!!:

HERE is the thread: 2 Suns you say? I offer proof.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

Well...I am embarrassed, to say the least..Im sure not one to jump on the band wagon..but it REALLY did seem like something, since there were several videos going around with the same anomaly.

Geez, and I was really hoping for something cool to happen..like 2 suns..how awsome is that?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

And if anything was, ahem, 'out there', astronomers, both professional and amateur, would be screaming bloody murder, and anyone would be able to see an object right next to the Sun. I'd ask you to use your head, but I doubt you will.
reply to post by NyxOne

That´s a logical fallacy.

The silence of other sources does not automatically make the object in the OP vid non physical.

Just keeping an open mind here.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

>sigh<

Perhaps someday youngsters will grow up, and learn to discuss like adults. Another ATS member, a professional photographer, took a still photo with a Nikon SLR camera, a high-quality telephoto lens, and used a welder's mask filter to attenuate the brightness. There is NO "second sun"!!!:

HERE is the thread: 2 Suns you say? I offer proof.

Ehm, I never said there are two suns.

This thread is about the video in the OP. You said it´s just a lens defect. I disagree.

The thread and pic you posted don´t explain what caused the object in the OP vid.

The guy even says this,

Some are probably something I can't explain but maybe someone else can.

So let´s discuss like adults, and prove what is causing this object to appear.

Sofar I have only seen you yelling lens flare and lens defect on all these vids, without ever providing evidence.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by NyxOne

Well...I am embarrassed, to say the least..Im sure not one to jump on the band wagon..but it REALLY did seem like something, since there were several videos going around with the same anomaly.

Geez, and I was really hoping for something cool to happen..like 2 suns..how awsome is that?

'Awesome' as it is, such a thing would be very easily spotted by something as simple as a camera or telescope with a Sun filter. We'd also be a lot hotter, I'm sure, and such an object cannot simply appear overnight.

People can believe what they want to believe, I suppose. I'm just a fan of common sense.

Like with China. I've seen many people here say it's an optical illusion, having lurked a while, but I've seen others claim the 'second sun' is real. Which certainly explains why no-one in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the Koreas, Vietnam, India, Mongolia, Indonesia, Russia and even other parts of China saw it.

An optical illusion, nothing more. Just saying all this because it's tangentially related.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Only thing is...how can you explain this?
link to lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil

This is from SOHO..isnt a lens flare.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join