It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Im sorry, jesus was not God made flesh, he was just a man that understood God to the fullest extent of human understanding.

he was not God, he was a man...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Actually, I meditate daily...and have been doing so for 8 years. But I understand that the result is endorphins being released, which is why it feels good and either helps you to focus or relax depending on the type of meditation.

No god required...and I most certainly have never heard a voice in my head because of meditation.

A lot of what you attribute to god can be explained through chemistry and electro magnetic waves

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Not at all what I witnessed was incredible but in the profound sense. Like this is what it is how could I have known, and you feel in awe to it. What happend to me was this kid my freind had met had he invited over he just had something off about him, robotic type movements and wierd noises, I just couldnt put my finger on it. I was on this drug called DXM. Anyways I had not wanted to do it that night cause I had done it many times before, but my freind was like its destiny trying to get me to take them. I didnt even think anything of it I said destiny huh so I popped them they come in gel cap form. Well anyways im sitting with my freind his girlfreind and this kid and we had been talking about something, I cant remember what but they were laughing at what I was trying to tell them. So I kind of just shrugged that off cause it was hitting me and I leaned back in my chair they were still talking. I remember I just started deeply thinking about reality, time seemed to dissapear like I really wanted to know what this was really about, something didnt seem right I knew it all my life but I didnt know what something you seek. I started thinking about my Grandma she pretty much raised me. Long story. But how that was the only true love I had had in my life, she passed away probably about 3 years before this. But as im thinking this started seeing like a almost earthly green almost fabric with golden grids of light. It was like I reached a point of some kind of realization. But while im thinking this I start to feel this buring sensation all over my skin like its on fire. Mind you im stilled laid back in the chair I was feeling angry out of nowhere because he had nothing to do with what I was thinking it was almost like an invasion. All of a suden it was like I realized that it wasnt me I was like this isnt who I am, and I opened my eyes and look across and kid is like staring at me mencigly with his fist clenched shaking hes in a chair maybe about 3-4 feet away. As I started to I guess see it deeper his face started turning into this demonic bull looking creature. I was like I was seeing his spirit, and it was laughing at me, I look over at my freind and his girlfreind and they were laughing at me but more like frantically hysterically. As this was happeing it was like time stopped. I felt no fear. I looked over at the chair in it looked like how heat distorts things when its hot outside. But with jewled light all around it. I stood up and I said # this diving comedy and started walking out the room, as im walking he didnt move his body was looking straight ahead because I think he was shocked but I could see the spirit turning following my eyes as I walked out. It felt like the room was compressing into nothingness. My heart was beating about a mile a minute I was terrified at this point. But I went outside and I'll never forget how I felt like did that really just happen?

But I was scared and I instifctively slunked down into this type of yoga position with my middle and index finger pointing up I felt at peace for the first time. I was seeing smbols I had seen before almost like we remember it from some place.but it was like coding of information the best way I can describe it. All of a sudden I started thinking about Jesus out of nowhere. So I get back up and go into the house cause I wanted to see what was going on. At this point I had completely been at peace almost in a state of joy. Like I kind of laughed at it that it had attempted and failed for what reason I knew that it had no power. It is nothing but a deception, a ruse, a trick, a puff up. To make you feel powerless.

I laid down on the couch and all I remember is that the kid was making these evil noises and saying things, talking to himself it was anger towards me a deep hatred, I dont even want to utter the things he was saying. He was in another room mind you. Let me just say there was much wheeping and gnashing of teeth. He told me to come down, I said to myself I will never come down for anyone. I knew what he meant when he said that. Dont ask me how.

But it was like I was being crucified I saw Jesus it was like a vision of him on the cross and I understood fully why he did it and how our spirit is a part of him who is god. This knowledge of the Most High I am speaking of.

I saw myself being taken up a hill deserty type, but I was surrounded by people some I knew some I never saw or yet, but some were straight faced some were laughing just like my freind and his girlfreind, a few were angry. But I was struggling.

All while this is happening I think to myself or towards Jesus like a question, what must be done of him? becauese I really wanted to know if he was a demon this was dangerous to have him around mostly fear of my freinds.

And I was trying to figure the answer myself almost but it was like by me doing that it was in vain, when I let go of that instantly I know what the answer was, it came to me, he must be saved and I took in a massive breath almost like coming back, and the power flickered and all the cable box's reset in the house. I was at peace.
edit on 2-3-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by MrXYZ

The flying spagetti monster is not the living god. There is only one god in which the word became flesh.

Yes, He is. He is, because I wrote it down this morning on a napkin and now believe it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

reply to post by MrXYZ

The flying spagetti monster is not the living god. There is only one god in which the word became flesh.

Yes, He is. He is, because I wrote it down this morning on a napkin and now believe it.

Changing what I wrote...very mature

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

when did i say anything about a voice in your head....other then your conscience?

Meditation isn't just a way to strengthing your connection with God but through the practice you "recieve" a profound understanding of Nature which is also God.

I didn't say i've met God, ha i wish... though i've heard its possible through meditation.

Yes many experiences can be attributed to chemical reactions in your brain, but somethings are so profound you just can't deny the presence of the divine...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Im sorry, jesus was not God made flesh, he was just a man that understood God to the fullest extent of human understanding.

No, Jesus is the great I AM, the voice from the burning bush. The Alpha and the Omega. He created everything that exists, and created it all for His good pleasure. The Creator of the universe entered human history to be our kinsman redeemer.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yes, homosexuality is just another tendency of mankind, we all have our personal inclinations to sin after our own weaknesses. Some have other weaknesses; adultery, lying, anger, prejudice, etc. The best non-homosexual people can do is to set an example after their own beliefs. Homosexuals should not be discriminated against or persecuted, but we should have concern for their welfare. If they come seeking help after realizing their predicament, we should not withhold assistance. Nevertheless, you can never force someone to change, people have to do it of their own accord and follow their own conscience. God is a god of mercy and justice, I'm just glad I'm not the one doing the judging after all is said and done with this earthly existence. I try to stay out of the name calling and character judgement scene.
edit on 2-3-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Do you not understand that Jesus was a man,that the bible was interpretate by man
And its's not the word of God,but the word of Man.
You have been brain-washed.
People are to lead their lifes freely,just don't steal and murder and harm others
or other things ,but only for survival,
well,I mean to hunt and gather.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Alright, this is way off topic now....lol

Dude, i saw my face melt and my eyeball pop out of my head when i was on mushrooms...

Your story doesn't make me believe you anymore so honestly. But again, who am i....why would you care if i believe you or not?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex
Yes, homosexuality is just another tendency of mankind, we all have our personal inclinations to sin after our own weaknesses. Some have other weaknesses; adultery, lying, anger, prejudice, etc. The best non-homosexual people can do is to set an example after their own beliefs. Homosexuals should not be discriminated against or persecuted, but we should have concern for their welfare. If they come seeking help after realizing their predicament, we should not withhold assistance. Nevertheless, you can never force someone to change, people have to do it of their own accord and follow their own conscience. God is a god of mercy and justice, I'm just glad I'm not the one doing the judging after all is said and done on with this earthly existence. I try to stay out of the name calling and character judgement scene.

Amen!

Very well stated.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon

No, Jesus is the great I AM, the voice from the burning bush. The Alpha and the Omega. He created everything that exists, and created it all for His good pleasure. The Creator of the universe entered human history to be our kinsman redeemer.

Nope, sorry to burst your bubble, he was just a man.....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Because it was his reaction of something outside of physical perception.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Because it was his reaction of something outside of physical perception.

although its true that some drugs can expand your horizons so to speak, i wouldn't put much stock in demons you saw while you were wrecked...

link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Hhhmm, Strait is the gate and narrow is the way. Few there be that find it. If you are in the majority, do you think you have found it?

HA! Bible believing, spirit filled, fundamentalist Christians are hardly the "majority". Secondly, the Greek word for "few" used is the opposite of the Greek word used for "many". The word for "many" means literally, "the majority". The opposite term means "not the majority." In English we simply say the "few" or the "many".

Oh I see now. You are saying the Bible as written is NOT the infallible word of God. It is fallible, and needs your special knowledge to decipher. It couldn't be that the word is what it is. We have been waiting for you to come tell us the REAL hidden meanings of the WORD.

I'm not even in the majority of those who call themselves CHRISTIANS, let alone the entire world.

You know, you are correct about this. The majority of Christians I know are quite Christians. They humbly bear their burdens, and always have a smile for the burdens of their Brethren. They do not shout to the world "I'm a Christian!". They humbly teach Christs message through their actions. No one needs to ask them their faith. It does not matter because it is obviously one built on love.

Yes, I have met many of those Christians. I understand them and know them.

Who is he warning you against? False Prophets
How will you know them? By the fruit the bring.
What is the fruits? Thorns and thistles are evil fruit, grapes and figs are good fruit.

It's a metaphor, "fruit" means = actions, deeds, works, and speech.

Thank you again for bestowing this hidden knowledge on us. Your concealed meaning is much more enlightening than taking the phrase at face value.

Why will Jesus say he never knew you? If you work iniquity.

Of course. But more importantly, those who have no saving relationship with Him. Christ teaches relationship, not religion.

Ah yes, Christ did not make it clear enough. Thank you again for adding even greater words than Christ himself. His plain words were not enough to understand.

Who's house is built on a rock? Those who hear his sayings, and do them.

I agree. But I think "his sayings" include ALL His sayings from Genesis through Revelation. Jesus is God in the flesh. His words are not just included in the synoptic gospels and Revelation. Jesus is "the WORD made flesh."

Why don't you wish to follow ALL Christ's words???

Christ never claimed to have been the author of the Torah, the Divine Spirit within him was. That Divine spirit is in all of us. We have all contributed to the tale because it is a reflection of one tribe of man's journey through time and understanding with God. It is linear. As man became more understanding of God's true nature, his definition change from one of tyrant, to one of Supreme Benevolence. This culminated with Christ.

Christ gave his life as a testament that the true God was all loving, and all forgiving. He died to prove it. His resurrection is this belief in your own heart. If you believe God is all Loving and all Forgiving then you have a duty to exemplify that belief in your own actions. You must be that God's child. You must do that God's bidding. A servant cannot serve two masters. There is no in between. You cannot judge anyone, period, if you believe your God is the God of Christ, the all loving and all forgiving father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Amen.

Those who hear his words and do them not, well they get there house knocked down every time the rain, and flood, and wind is returned upon them. This is why they can never justify their hatred. This is why they can never conceal their hypocrisy. This is why they will suffer the judgement they cast upon others.

Who said it's okay to pass eternal judgement upon others? Certainly not I! There's a huge difference between judging someone's actions to see if they align with the Word of God and judging someone's eternal destiny when you don't know the future and what they will possibly do or not do with the Lord.

The only judgement that is righteous, the ONLY one, is to let it be God's Will. Any other judgement is man thinking he knows more than God. That is why even with the father within him, Jesus would not judge.

If you judge righteously by the Word of God it's the WORD that's the judge, you simply agree or disagree with the Word.

The Word was Christ. He was the way. Not Adam, not moses, not Paul, not Peter, Christ was the word. Everyone else was a distortion. You can glean a little of the brightness, but you have to get into the mind of Christ to hear his truth. You must love all as he did.

Christ taught with authority, not as one of the scribes. He demonstrated HIS truth. His word came from within him. And so does mine.

His word is truth because He IS the Word of God who became flesh and dwelt amongst us.

Yes HE was. And when he left, he gave his disciples strict charge to do what he said. He asked them to BE him in his absence. That is our task to one another. That is the second coming of Christ. When we stand up and are willing to be him.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 2-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by Garfee

reply to post by MrXYZ

Changing what I wrote...very mature

I didn't change what you wrote, I disagreed with your comment and added my own in reply. Using, I might add, as much proof in my belief system as you are able to provide of your own.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No "bubble" to burst.

Jesus said He was the Son of God, God in the flesh. He was either a liar, a lunatic, or LORD of all. He demonstrated He was the latter on that Sunday morning after Passover.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Right thats what anyone who was not I or my freinds who witnesseed would say but my freind did because in the morning I told him and because of what I said to him he knew exactly what I meat but has like no.... Because I had not said a word to him during this all. Saying things only a devil would. It was like demonic growlings. And he was livid, the spirit was that this had occurred. You dont have to believe man im just telling you what honestly happened.

link   
We waste so much time debating such trivia. If you are not homosexual, what right do you have to say what is right or wrong for them? Who are you to judge what is "written" when you have little to no knowledge of ancient languages nor have the original text that supposedly discusses this topic... Even though homosexuality was accepted AND commonplace during that time.

Let's say I am "white" ... is it ok for me, since I am white to say to a black person, "Oh, could you please turn white for me? Your "color" offends me and it is so written in the Bible that you will go to hell for being black, so turn white now please"...sounds silly right? Kind of seems like it's not my business?

What if being a homosexual is a genetic occurance? How can you know it is not? Would God allow homosexuality to even be an option-- or if he somehow had the *HUMAN trait* of hatred (while at the same time being omnipotent and omniscient?!?), and hated it?... This topic is so silly and has helped divide us for millenia. Just like race, ethnicity, religion, culture... if it's different it must be bad!

Let's stop targeting one another and live together. If someone's homosexuality doesn't affect you, then leave them alone! It's simple.

"Let he who is WITHOUT 'SIN' cast the first stone."
edit on 2-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

link   
A long time ago i asked a priest if the bible should be taken as to apply in the daily life. He said just the protocols [???]and everything will be fine.I said im not JEW or from the middle east,its hard for me to interpret their traditions much less taken them seriously because ill be hypocrate.Dont feel that the institution of the truth is hold in a book,Honestly i dont understand the bible / seems to me a book of threats and prejudice.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join