It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 15
16
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 



His word is truth because He IS the Word of God who became flesh and dwelt amongst us.



Yes!! exactly!!! Jesus was the word of God who became flesh meaning his actions are how God wants us to live, without judgeing, without anger, without hatred......only love, compassion, empathy, and harmlessness....

Well said my friend!




posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by Akragon
 


Right thats what anyone who was not I or my freinds who witnesseed would say but my freind did because in the morning I told him and because of what I said to him he knew exactly what I meat but has like no.... Because I had not said a word to him during this all. Saying things only a devil would. It was like demonic growlings. And he was livid, the spirit was that this had occurred. You dont have to believe man im just telling you what honestly happened.


im not saying your lying, im just saying its hard to believe...but i wasn't there so how would i know



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon
 


No "bubble" to burst.

Jesus said He was the Son of God, God in the flesh. He was either a liar, a lunatic, or LORD of all. He demonstrated He was the latter on that Sunday morning after Passover.


Because he rose from the dead he demonstrated he was God.... Are you hearing yourself?



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
To OP

YOU are indeed 101% religious fanatic NUT. How many pills you took before you've started all these nonsense..


edit on 2-3-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
We waste so much time debating such trivia. If you are not homosexual, what right do you have to say what is right or wrong for them? Who are you to judge what is "written" when you have little to no knowledge of ancient languages nor have the original text that supposedly discusses this topic... Even though homosexuality was accepted AND commonplace during that time.

Let's say I am "white" ... is it ok for me, since I am white to say to a black person, "Oh, could you please turn white for me? Your "color" offends me and it is so written in the Bible that you will go to hell for being black, so turn white now please"...sounds silly right? Kind of seems like it's not my business?

What if being a homosexual is a genetic occurance? How can you know it is not? Would God allow homosexuality to even be an option-- or if he somehow had the *HUMAN trait* of hatred (while at the same time being omnipotent and omniscient?!?), and hated it?... This topic is so silly and has helped divide us for millenia. Just like race, ethnicity, religion, culture... if it's different it must be bad!


Let's stop targeting one another and live together. If someone's homosexuality doesn't affect you, then leave them alone! It's simple.

"Let he who is WITHOUT 'SIN' cast the first stone."
edit on 2-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)


well said...



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


Thats the closest you've got. Jesus was the only one who prevailed to obtain the gift of everlasting life by fufilling the plan of salvation.



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon



Show me where Jesus told you to judge another man....Like i said before his words (whats left of them) are the only thing that matters in the entire bible....the rest is moot...
edit on 2-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will know them by their fruits."

Should Christians Judge?





Matthew 7:1-5 “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by donatellanator
We waste so much time debating such trivia. If you are not homosexual, what right do you have to say what is right or wrong for them? Who are you to judge what is "written" when you have little to no knowledge of ancient languages nor have the original text that supposedly discusses this topic... Even though homosexuality was accepted AND commonplace during that time.

Let's say I am "white" ... is it ok for me, since I am white to say to a black person, "Oh, could you please turn white for me? Your "color" offends me and it is so written in the Bible that you will go to hell for being black, so turn white now please"...sounds silly right? Kind of seems like it's not my business?

What if being a homosexual is a genetic occurance? How can you know it is not? Would God allow homosexuality to even be an option-- or if he somehow had the *HUMAN trait* of hatred (while at the same time being omnipotent and omniscient?!?), and hated it?... This topic is so silly and has helped divide us for millenia. Just like race, ethnicity, religion, culture... if it's different it must be bad!


Let's stop targeting one another and live together. If someone's homosexuality doesn't affect you, then leave them alone! It's simple.

"Let he who is WITHOUT 'SIN' cast the first stone."
edit on 2-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)


well said...


Do you feel like Don Quixote yet on this thread? You can't do much to change their opinions. Save your wrist strength.
edit on 2-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator
 


haha no no, im not trying to change opinions....let them have their opinions...again i don't care what others think... Im defending people that are harmless, but this turned into a religious debate and...well i can't resist a debate like that

edit on 2-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Let's assume that everything in the bible is true. I don't recall Jesus ever judging people. I know he said not to judge people. Now why is it that all of these supposed followers of Christ seem to disregard that particular teaching as well as the teaching to treat others as u would have them treat you (the golden rule)? How would you feel to be judged so harshly. Again, assuming it is all true, we r all sinners and not supposed to judge. To do so is decidedly un-christlike. So please enough judgement. I know that this is not the majority of Christians doing this. Live what ur pushing on others. Don't cherry pick ur ideals. It's not anyone else's business anyone's business anyd@mnway as no one is getting hurt.



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by Akragon
 


Thats the closest you've got. Jesus was the only one who prevailed to obtain the gift of everlasting life by fufilling the plan of salvation.


Let me tell you something....Jesus died on the cross to prove to the world the existance of the afterlife....the soul is eternal, but fear of death lands you back here for another round of life.

You think you're saved by reading the bible? The bible whitewashes the idea of being saved... when in reality all you need to understand is that death is not the end.



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Here's my beef. The bible is against it, although I have seen debate that the context is questionable. What does this have to do with anything? I mean, Christians can't be homosexual..fine.. But this has nothing to do with our daily lives in the Western world unless we are Christian.

My distaste for these sorts of things stems from the fact that Christians are trying to impose their "morality" upon everyone regardless of religious or spiritual bias.



Perhaps, until we bring the NEA and the radical agenda into the mix. Are you aware of how much taxpayer money goes into the intentional indoctrination of young impressionable kids in the gay lifestyle? Why do they have such an intense need to force their lifestyle on Christians or other people? Then there's GELSEN, who actively promote the agenda. Then theres the Prez appointing Kevin Jennings the position of school Safety Czar, after it was known that he taught the gay art of "fisting" to teens at a conference. How about a judge ordering Christian children be force fed the gay agenda, from the WND site, "Wolf essentially adopted the reasoning in a brief submitted by a number of homosexual-advocacy groups, who said "the rights of religious freedom and parental control over the upbringing of children … would undermine teaching and learning…"

Read more: Judge orders 'gay' agenda taught to Christian children www.wnd.com...

And I dont doubt this is the Prez' true intention in his promotion of sex ed for kindergartners. SIECUS bragged on their website that they were to get a sizeable share of the Stimulus money.

So you see by their own doing, it is not a neutral situation here, it is an agressive indoctrination program with tax dollars pumping into it. Anyone who says otherwise is lying or not informed.



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Oh I see now. You are saying the Bible as written is NOT the infallible word of God.


Now now.. would Christ want you to lie and bear false witness against someone? I never claimed the Word wasn't infallible. But you realize that means the originals right? You also hopefully realize the English language is an extremely lazy language and the Greek is ridiculously precise. In English we have 1 word for "love", the Greek has 5 different words that translate to English as "love". Heck in Greek any verb needs to meet 5 different conditions!!!

That's why they make Lexicons and Concordances.


You know, you are correct about this. The majority of Christians I know are quite Christians. They humbly bear their burdens, and always have a smile for the burdens of their Brethren. They do not shout to the world "I'm a Christian!". They humbly teach Christs message through their actions. No one needs to ask them their faith. It does not matter because it is obviously one built on love.


Hmmmmm, I read that and can't help but say that it appears you are judging them by their "fruits". Exactly what Jesus said to do.


Thank you again for bestowing this hidden knowledge on us. Your concealed meaning is much more enlightening than taking the phrase at face value.


It's certainly not "hidden" knowledge. Do you really think Jesus was talking about apples, grapes and strawberries, or do you admit the use of the term "fruits" is a metaphor??



Ah yes, Christ did not make it clear enough. Thank you again for adding even greater words than Christ himself. His plain words were not enough to understand.


Christ Himself said He spoke in parables and metaphors, and the gospel writers tell us this was done to fulfill prophecy. If you took Christ's words at face value you'd be looking for splinters in your own eyes and trying to push a camel through the eye of a needle.


Christ never claimed to have been the author of the Torah, the Divine Spirit within him was.


The gospel of John begins by telling us that Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. Jesus tells the Jews He is the Great I AM, the voice from the burning bush. He also says He existed long before Abraham. In Revelation He says He is the Alpha and Omega.


That Divine spirit is in all of us.


Wrong, only those who are born again of the Spirit have the Holy Spirit residing in them, Jesus tells the same thing to Nicodemus. He tells the Pharisees that their father is the devil. And in Genesis God pronounces there will be emnity between the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent.


We have all contributed to the tale because it is a reflection of one tribe of man's journey through time and understanding with God. It is linear. As man became more understanding of God's true nature, his definition change from one of tyrant, to one of Supreme Benevolence. This culminated with Christ.


Hmmm, I don't recall reading where Abraham thought of God as a "tyrant". Nor Moses. Hmmm, can't find David saying this in the Psalms. Or Isaiah or Daniel saying this.


You cannot judge anyone, period,


You're right, I can't judge anyone. Jesus did however tell us to judge a person's "fruit". To discern the wolves from the sheep for our protection from false doctrine. But the Word of God is the judge, I can either agree with the Word or reject it. It's the Word that makes the judgment.


edit on 2-3-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 


Admittedly just like everyone else, there are Gay people who have an agenda. Perhaps if they left it alone instead of pushing their lifestyle on others there would be less "friction" excuse the pun...



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon
 


No "bubble" to burst.

Jesus said He was the Son of God, God in the flesh. He was either a liar, a lunatic, or LORD of all. He demonstrated He was the latter on that Sunday morning after Passover.


Because he rose from the dead he demonstrated he was God.... Are you hearing yourself?


Who else besides God almighty has power over death?



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


realize you're still quoteing a book that was written thousands of years ago, and has been rewritten to suit various rulers agenda...

Bible quotes are useless in this day and age.......some peoples understanding of God is beyond what the bible tells you...



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 



Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.


I AGREE!!!! That's why I use the Word of God to judge someones fruit. I most assuredly want to be judged by the Word of God!!! ABSOLUTELY!



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon
 


No "bubble" to burst.

Jesus said He was the Son of God, God in the flesh. He was either a liar, a lunatic, or LORD of all. He demonstrated He was the latter on that Sunday morning after Passover.


Because he rose from the dead he demonstrated he was God.... Are you hearing yourself?


Who else besides God almighty has power over death?


Every person, every spirit, every animal on this planet and any other in existance....death is only physical....your soul is eternal



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus
 




There is a huge debate on going on what the Bible actually says about homosexuality. It's very clear it's against it


I don't know why this is even a thread? Of course God is against homosexuality. He's against ALL sin. NOT JUST HOMOSEXUALITY. He's against lust, greed, worshiping false gods, slander, ALL sexually immoral acts and the list goes on.

People who are arguing over what is sin and what isn't are MISSING THE POINT.
THE POINT IS THAT JESUS DIED FOR US AND WE ALL NEED HIM TO WASH US OF OUR SINS. Thank you Lord Jesus for dying in my place and living a perfect life that I could never ever in my wildest dreams achieve. Thank you!



posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruePatriot1685
Let's assume that everything in the bible is true. I don't recall Jesus ever judging people. I know he said not to judge people. Now why is it that all of these supposed followers of Christ seem to disregard that particular teaching as well as the teaching to treat others as u would have them treat you (the golden rule)? How would you feel to be judged so harshly. Again, assuming it is all true, we r all sinners and not supposed to judge. To do so is decidedly un-christlike. So please enough judgement. I know that this is not the majority of Christians doing this. Live what ur pushing on others. Don't cherry pick ur ideals. It's not anyone else's business anyone's business anyd@mnway as no one is getting hurt.


?????? Did you even read the gospels? Jesus continually told people to "REPENT" or "go and sin no more".



new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join