It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Again it is not your place to judge any man...In your heart you know whats wrong and whats right, you call a murderer a criminal but how do you know the reasons behind his deed. It might have been just in his eyes, and no one could tell him other wise. You take people as they are with all their faults, and leave the jugdgements for the judge.....And you are not the judge..

Says YOU. That's not what Jesus said. We are not to judge someones eternal destiny, but the NT is full of admonishments for the Christian to judge another persons "fruit" or deeds. I would never judge another person's eternal destiny, heaven or hell, because I don't know the future. But we are to judge another person's actions and use the Word of God as the "judge".

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Do you honestly believe that Lucifer tried to overthrow God?

Not at all, why would anyone believe that? The Bible doesn't say that happened. It says sin was found in Lucifer when he desired to be worshiped.

Perfect, now do you believe that a being thats beyond advancement in human terms, beyond anything any mortal could imagine, would be guilty of such a pety thing such as Vanity....

no no my friend.. Again this is human inturpretation, i don't believe an angel would have such pathetic feelings...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
1. The 1611 Authorized King James Bible is the only Bible on the market today. Any other is written by secular mankind - and has been altered. i.e. sliced and diced.
2. The Holy Bible is crystal clear on homosexuality not only being a sin, but an abomination in the eyes of God.
3. If you choose to read numerous "books" on the market today, that have slapped the title "The Bible" on the front cover, you may read that being gay is no big deal to God. Are you going to believe God and His Scriptures - or secular man?
4. There is even a book out now called "The Gay/Lesbian bible". The authors claim that the original Bible manuscripts have been mistranslated - they claim that we've had it wrong for centuries upon centuries. They claim that you, too, can be gay, and NOT feel any guilt about it.
So just because someone wrote a book, paid to have it published........... that makes it truth?
5. Christians try to warn others of the sin of homosexuality because society is embracing it as "normal" for people to engage in. Every sin/abomination that is out there that people are choosing to do is only increasing the wrath of God in these end days.
6. God created the Earth and the Heavens - and He created us - all of us - believers and non believers alike. Just because *you* choose to denounce God doesn't make Him any less real.
7. Homosexuality is a sin - an abomination in God's eyes. Adultery, stealing, lying, greed, etc. are also sins and we Christians should have stood up and said something back when society started making adultery (etc) "normal" in today's world. But now - it's become the normal - i.e. who gets married today before having sex?
8. Please remember, regardless if you believe in God or Jesus or you don't - every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess. There will be none of us that will be exempt on that day. We will ALL be held accountable for every word out of our mouths, and every action we took.
9. Christians that are trying to warn others of the "gay lifestyle" are doing so to try to help steer you away from hell's gates. If you would read how the Bible describes hell, I am certain that you/others would do everything in your power to keep from ending up there for eternity. The Bible says that the path to Heaven is through a narrow gate - and the gate to hell is very wide. That means that most of the world is going to be entering in through the wide gate. Are you okay with "going along with everyone else" straight on to hell?
10. Eternity is an awful long time........ to be wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Again it is not your place to judge any man...In your heart you know whats wrong and whats right, you call a murderer a criminal but how do you know the reasons behind his deed. It might have been just in his eyes, and no one could tell him other wise. You take people as they are with all their faults, and leave the jugdgements for the judge.....And you are not the judge..

Says YOU. That's not what Jesus said. We are not to judge someones eternal destiny, but the NT is full of admonishments for the Christian to judge another persons "fruit" or deeds. I would never judge another person's eternal destiny, heaven or hell, because I don't know the future. But we are to judge another person's actions and use the Word of God as the "judge".

Show me where Jesus told you to judge another man....Like i said before his words (whats left of them) are the only thing that matters in the entire bible....the rest is moot...
edit on 2-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by MrXYZ

The flying spagetti monster is not the living god. There is only one god in which the word became flesh.

Well, given that every single religion claims their god is the "only one"...which one is it?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It wasn't vanity, it was PRIDE.

"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire." ~ Ezekiel 28:15-16

"For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." ~ Isaiah 14:13-14

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by MrXYZ

The flying spagetti monster is not the living god. There is only one god in which the word became flesh.

Well, given that every single religion claims their god is the "only one"...which one is it?

All of them are one and the same my friend, again it comes down to understanding God

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

It wasn't vanity, it was PRIDE.

"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire." ~ Ezekiel 28:15-16

"For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." ~ Isaiah 14:13-14

lol, im sorry you don't understand.........why would angels be subject to such petty human emotions?

And ease up on the bible quotes, they mean absolutely nothing to me...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
I have one thing that completely contradicts anything you can throw at me about this topic:

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

P.S. I believe any anti homosexual scripture was added by egotistical and probably closeted men in power when the "Bible" was written in its current form.

Any religion that promotes love between all of gods creations, and that god loves all of his creations, but then says "this type of creation is wrong", is incredibly hypocritical.

Either god loves all of his creations, or he doesn't exist as the god that the bible trys(sic) to teach us.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

That is a very twisted puny thought to think that G_D had sex with him self in order to create man. G_D created Adam and Eve NOT Adam and Steve.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by MrXYZ

All of them are one and the same my friend, again it comes down to understanding God

If that's the case, and the religious texts are correct....then god is a schizophrenic. I mean, just look at all the different descriptions and dogmas.

And lastly...what's your objective proof that god even exists?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

haha!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The Bible tells us to judge righteously - to warn others of their sin and if they repent then we have saved a soul.

However, if we see a believer sinning and don't warn them, and they don't repent, then their blood is on our hands and we will be held accountable for not warning them.

That "don't judge me" line is a very, very old (and tired) attempt at a defense of people that would rather not have to be confronted with their sin(s). But it, like other Bible verses, has been taken out of context and used incorrectly.

We "are" to judge - but judge righteously. Seeing someone heading down the road to hell in the homosexual lifestyle and warning them of the consequences isn't "judging" someone. It is trying to warn them of what the Bible tells us are the consequences.

God will be ALL of our final judge - believers and non believers, alike.

With that said, please understand that ALL humans, yep, Christians included, sin every single day of our lives. Mankind was born into sin - and will harbor a sinful nature until Christ returns. Repenting and following God doesn't mean you are perfect or that you think you are perfect. It means that you are trusting Jesus Christ to wash away your sins so that you can be worthy to enter Heaven. But you have to make that first step - receive Him as your personal Saviour. And trust me, with the way things are heading in this world - and very quickly - you want God on your side - not against you. Because He is about to clean house on our humble lit'l planet.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Sorry, that has nothing to do with what Jesus is warning us about. Back up to His "beware!" comment.

Even better, lets look at the whole verse.

Text13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Hhhmm, Strait is the gate and narrow is the way. Few there be that find it. If you are in the majority, do you think you have found it?

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Who is he warning you against? False Prophets
How will you know them? By the fruit the bring.
What is the fruits? Thorns and thistles are evil fruit, grapes and figs are good fruit.

A good tree cannot bring evil fruit. It cannot bring thorns and thistles, you will not find pain in the fruit of a good tree.

These doctrines of pain and iniquities will be torn down and cast in the fire.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Who Jesus? Those who do the will of the Father!

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Why will Jesus say he never knew you? If you work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Who's house is built on a rock? Those who hear his sayings, and do them.

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Oh there is always rain and floods and plenty of wind from those who do not.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Those who hear his words and do them not, well they get there house knocked down every time the rain, and flood, and wind is returned upon them. This is why they can never justify their hatred. This is why they can never conceal their hypocrisy. This is why they will suffer the judgement they cast upon others.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: 29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Christ taught with authority, not as one of the scribes. He demonstrated HIS truth. His word came from within him. And so does mine.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Show me where Jesus told you to judge another man....Like i said before his words (whats left of them) are the only thing that matters in the entire bible....the rest is moot...

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will know them by their fruits."

Should Christians Judge?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

If that's the case, and the religious texts are correct....then god is a schizophrenic. I mean, just look at all the different descriptions and dogmas.

And lastly...what's your objective proof that god even exists?

Why would you think the religious texts are correct....they were written by men with agendas to control the populous.

I don't need objective proof God exists, i know he does without a doubt. Unfortunatly no one can prove the existance of God to another person, you want proof....Practice meditation....you'll prove it to yourself beyond any doubt.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will know them by their fruits."

Should Christians Judge?

Again with the bible quotes....

Man, God isn't in that book. Link whatever you like it doesn't mean anything.....all your answers are inside you.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

lol, im sorry you don't understand

I don't want to understand your lie. Lucifer fell from his standing because of his pride. He wanted to be worshiped like God.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

lol, im sorry you don't understand

I don't want to understand your lie. Lucifer fell from his standing because of his pride. He wanted to be worshiped like God.

then believe what you will, i don't care...but believeing what you're saying is also saying that God is less then perfect....an angel would know his perfection being the "guardians of heaven" so to speak.

Call it a lie, again i could care less what others think. You follow your path...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

well put ArchIlluminatus

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Hhhmm, Strait is the gate and narrow is the way. Few there be that find it. If you are in the majority, do you think you have found it?

HA! Bible believing, spirit filled, fundamentalist Christians are hardly the "majority". Secondly, the Greek word for "few" used is the opposite of the Greek word used for "many". The word for "many" means literally, "the majority". The opposite term means "not the majority." In English we simply say the "few" or the "many".

I'm not even in the majority of those who call themselves CHRISTIANS, let alone the entire world.

Who is he warning you against? False Prophets
How will you know them? By the fruit the bring.
What is the fruits? Thorns and thistles are evil fruit, grapes and figs are good fruit.

It's a metaphor, "fruit" means = actions, deeds, works, and speech.

Why will Jesus say he never knew you? If you work iniquity.

Of course. But more importantly, those who have no saving relationship with Him. Christ teaches relationship, not religion.

Who's house is built on a rock? Those who hear his sayings, and do them.

I agree. But I think "his sayings" include ALL His sayings from Genesis through Revelation. Jesus is God in the flesh. His words are not just included in the synoptic gospels and Revelation. Jesus is "the WORD made flesh."

Why don't you wish to follow ALL Christ's words???

Those who hear his words and do them not, well they get there house knocked down every time the rain, and flood, and wind is returned upon them. This is why they can never justify their hatred. This is why they can never conceal their hypocrisy. This is why they will suffer the judgement they cast upon others.

Who said it's okay to pass eternal judgment upon others? Certainly not I! There's a huge difference between judging someone's actions to see if they align with the Word of God and judging someone's eternal destiny when you don't know the future and what they will possibly do or not do with the Lord.

If you judge righteously by the Word of God it's the WORD that's the judge, you simply agree or disagree with the Word.

Christ taught with authority, not as one of the scribes. He demonstrated HIS truth. His word came from within him. And so does mine.

His word is truth because He IS the Word of God who became flesh and dwelt amongst us.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join