It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Its really how it says that each man is delt a substance of faith, some it takes more convincing that something else is going on. But its life experiences that will show how it all comes together God chooses people he can trust, know will have a fervorous spirit to protect what is sacred and just in this world thats why it says Christians are the light of the world.

The rabbit hole is deep.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dwigt
reply to post by Akragon

Well, I will agree that God's law has been written in our hearts, meaning our conscience. Outside of that, we do not or will not agree on much. I do not believe we are speaking of the same God.

One thing is for sure though, we will all find out one day and some will weep tears of joy, some will weep tears of sorrow.

yet again this is the problem, you think your God and my God are seperate, where as i know we speak of the same entity. Everyone has a certian understanding of what God is, but anyone who claims to know everything about God is nothng but a fraud. Our beliefs seperate us, when in fact we all believe in the same God... The creator of all that exists. Your God and my God are one and the same, theres just various degrees of understanding.

My knowledge comes from a small amount of the bible, but my true understanding is whats inside myself...I know God because i've had the blessing of experiencing what God is, where as your knowledge comes from the book which is limited to mens knowledge from 2000 years ago. A time where true understanding of God was hidden, and the true teachers of Gods way were persecuded and called heretics.

Look beyond your bible, look inside your heart....feel what your conscience tells you, because that is Gods voice inside you. All of us have this knowledge inside of us, but actually accessing it takes listening....as for people who believe what the bible tells you....they pray....they talk, they don't listen, and thus they can not be taught by God because they choose not to hear....

Why do you think it says so many times in your bible....Let those who can hear understand etc etc...
edit on 2-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by Akragon

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Not if you understand the ways of God, your heart is pure if you listen....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
yet again this is the problem, you think your God and my God are seperate, where as i know we speak of the same entity. Everyone has a certian understanding of what God is, but anyone who claims to know everything about God is nothng but a fraud. Our beliefs seperate us, when in fact we all believe in the same God... The creator of all that exists. Your God and my God are one and the same, theres just various degrees of understanding.

My knowledge comes from a small amount of the bible, but my true understanding is whats inside myself...I know God because i've had the blessing of experiencing what God is, where as your knowledge comes from the book which is limited to mens knowledge from 2000 years ago. A time where true understanding of God was hidden, and the true teachers of Gods way were persecuded and called heretics.

Look beyond your bible, look inside your heart....feel what your conscience tells you, because that is Gods voice inside you. All of us have this knowledge inside of us, but actually accessing it takes listening....as for people who believe what the bible tells you....they pray....they talk, they don't listen, and thus they can not be taught by God because they choose not to hear....

Why do you think it says so many times in your bible....Let those who can hear understand etc etc...

It is good to meet you here, Brother!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Trust me you can never be in a pure heart the flesh is deceitful. All our righteousness is al filthy rags we're seen as a worm a sin crusted creature to the father which is why Jesus makes intercession for us. To come before the father with sin in you would be like a consuming fire.
edit on 2-3-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

My friend i know you speak the truth, and i'll back your arguements any time, any day.... You express nothing but love on these forums, its very refreshing.

Im happy to know that some people truely can see the way...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your a fool to think that you have no idea. You think I was raised Christian the closest I got to a Bible was maybe my mother reading it at night or my grandmother telling I'd be sorry for not believing.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

When you were in boot camp, did you fall on your head a lot during your training? I feel as though I'm speaking to someone that is punchy. You talk in circles, and a mish mash of goo goo. Yet you can speak so well when it comes to love, but not when it comes to following the word. You follow it than you don't follow it, your like a raft in a big ocean that is just bobbing up and down in a sea of hugh waves never reaching the shore.
It doesn't matter go where you will, I just hope that there's enough folks out there in forum land that don't fall for your confused and distorted version of what Christianity and Christ is all about.
It's impossible to follow Christ and not be a Christian, it is impossible to be a Christ follower when you refuse to be called a Christian, did you see that did you see the name Christ in Christian, it's like saying I'm Mexico, but I'm not a Mexican, or I'm Caucasian, but I'm not white, or how about this, I'm a man but I'm not human, I could go on and on, but I think I made my point.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Trust me you can never be in a pure heart the flesh is deceitful. All our righteousness is al filthy rags we're seen as a worm a sin crusted creature to the father which is why Jesus makes intercession for us. To come before the father with sin in you would be like a consuming fire.
edit on 2-3-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

Again you need to drop the religious dogma and look inside your heart....

Your conscience doesn't lie, and your flesh is nothing but meat. I speak of the energy that resides inside your being, not the fleshy muscle which you speak of....

This comes down to understanding which i've said before... If you understand what God is, you would see the bible for what it really is....a story book.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Its not a dogma its the nature of this design. I wouldnt expect you to understand something you never seen.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Its not a dogma its the nature of this design. I wouldnt expect you to understand something you never seen.

so you're saying the nature of this "design" is wicked....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The reason it is true is because like it says in scripture the spirit of he that is in you. If you are saved your living an image of the suffering of Christ that was your spirit.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Do any of these bible people know that early christians were tolerant towards homosexuality and that some were even openly homosexual? Nah, I didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MareBellator

Enlighten us where your getting this information.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

As long as the name Christian is offensive to others, as long as others do not see the glory that IS Christ in his "followers", then I do not need to call myself one.

LOL!!!! The day the term "Christian" isn't offensive to the world that is perishing is the day Christians become exactly like the world. Odd you'd make this claim considering Jesus specifically said that following Him would make you hated by the world. And that following Him would divide you from those that perish.

Sorry, but the badge of "Christian" I will proudly bear, even if every other soul on the globe hates me for it!!!

link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by IAMIAM

When you were in boot camp, did you fall on your head a lot during your training? I feel as though I'm speaking to someone that is punchy. You talk in circles, and a mish mash of goo goo. Yet you can speak so well when it comes to love, but not when it comes to following the word. You follow it than you don't follow it, your like a raft in a big ocean that is just bobbing up and down in a sea of hugh waves never reaching the shore.
It doesn't matter go where you will, I just hope that there's enough folks out there in forum land that don't fall for your confused and distorted version of what Christianity and Christ is all about.
It's impossible to follow Christ and not be a Christian, it is impossible to be a Christ follower when you refuse to be called a Christian, did you see that did you see the name Christ in Christian, it's like saying I'm Mexico, but I'm not a Mexican, or I'm Caucasian, but I'm not white, or how about this, I'm a man but I'm not human, I could go on and on, but I think I made my point.

It's not that confusing. There is a stigma attached to being called a Christian. When you tell somebody you are a Christian, they automatically assume you are a number of things. It's not so much that he has changed the definition of "Christian" as it is the church itself that has redefined what it means to follow Christ.

To say you are a "Christian" is to say you blindly believe what the churches throughout time have made up about who to hate and who to love. If those churches are right, I would rather be wrong.

It is easier for him to say he is not a "Christian" than it is for him to call others non-Christians. Did that make sense?

link   

reply to post by Akragon

The reason it is true is because like it says in scripture the spirit of he that is in you. If you are saved your living an image of the suffering of Christ that was your spirit.

Yet again you look to scripture instead of what you feel is right....

We all suffer in this life, the fact is life is suffering. Do you really think you're saved because you have read passages from the bible or had it preached to you?

You are saved if you understand that death is not the end, its as simple as that... IF you believe death is final then you are doomed....you create your own reality my friend.....no book can save you if you don't understand the ways of God...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

When you were in boot camp, did you fall on your head a lot during your training? I feel as though I'm speaking to someone that is punchy. You talk in circles, and a mish mash of goo goo. Yet you can speak so well when it comes to love, but not when it comes to following the word.

What is the WORD my friend?

You follow it than you don't follow it, your like a raft in a big ocean that is just bobbing up and down in a sea of hugh waves never reaching the shore.

What was that WORD again?

It's impossible to follow Christ and not be a Christian,

Really? Christ called his followers Disciples, Brothers, most especially friends. He did not call them Christians. That term came in much much later.

it is impossible to be a Christ follower when you refuse to be called a Christian, did you see that did you see the name Christ in Christian,

Many shall come in my name...

Just because you where a name, does not make one a follower of Christ. To follow Christ is to do as he commanded. To BE his word. To be THE WORD. To glorify the father in all our actions. The father is LOVE, the Son is Love, and the WORD is Love.

it's like saying I'm Mexico, but I'm not a Mexican, or I'm Caucasian, but I'm not white, or how about this, I'm a man but I'm not human, I could go on and on, but I think I made my point.

Your labels have become a millstone around your neck. Part with them, and your load will be lighter.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 2-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MareBellator
Do any of these bible people know that early christians were tolerant towards homosexuality and that some were even openly homosexual? Nah, I didn't think so.

what... you think homosexuality is a new age thing? Its always existed, the only difference is now people arn't afraid of what they are.....there is no death sentence because of your sexual preference.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join