It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick footballer kicks injured owl off pitch (video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Yup, that's about the long and short of it today.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Accident? So you are saying a guy who gets paid to kick a ball with extreme precision did not know exactly where he was kicking the ball? If we are being as unreasonable as this thread has been I think it is par for the course to call for the other players head as well. Or what about whoever is in charge of the stadium? They should have had this owl's best interest in mind!

And rewatch that video...he didn't gear up and boot the poor thing, he scooped kicked it. That provides minimal inpact on the thing being kicked, and, considering this is a bird (something that is used to being in the air) is phyiscally designed to be able to fall (hollow bones, light weight etc etc)

And human medics are not trained to deal with animals. Sure they could probably make due, but as far as handling it? As far as wanting to risk the dangers of handling an INJURED BIRD OF PREY with big ol' talons? a ferioucious beak? My foot wouldve been the first thing on my body I would have used to get it off the field of play. As I said earlier, I would have gently scooted it a few times, but he is paid to kick things for a living. I fully suspect he knew exactly what kind of force he was using and did not intend to further injure it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
He was just trying to clear the field so they could play.The other team shoulda kept there bird in its cage lesson learned i hope.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

Accident? So you are saying a guy who gets paid to kick a ball with extreme precision did not know exactly where he was kicking the ball?

Are you saying they kick the ball exactly where they want it to? did you see the video? he was trying to pass the ball to a teammate. Let me ask you something, did you play football before? not a friendly match between friends.

"And human medics are not trained to deal with animals. Sure they could probably make due, but as far as handling it? As far as wanting to risk the dangers of handling an INJURED BIRD OF PREY with big ol' talons? a ferioucious beak? My foot wouldve been the first thing on my body I would have used to get it off the field of play. As I said earlier, I would have gently scooted it a few times, but he is paid to kick things for a living. I fully suspect he knew exactly what kind of force he was using and did not intend to further injure it."

An owl can be taken off the field without kicking it. Is he going to eat you or what? You talk as if the bird is a lion. The guy is paid to play football, kicking an owl is not part of it. I also would know what kind of force is enough to kick a ball out of the field and it's not gentle.

Why would someone justify kicking an owl when it could have been handled much better, or are you trying to say medics need a license to handle an owl? we are humans with brains capable of handling an owl out of a pitch
edit on 2-3-2011 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
For all the owl lovers you might not like this story. Seems destroying the logging industry just wasn't enough to save the spotted owl so now the slaughter begins............

The only solution, which has riled even some environmentalists, is no evolution: The Fish and Wildlife service plans to start taxing the successful barred owl to bail out the big-government lobby’s spotted owl. Terminally tax. With firearms. They will be killing owls in order to save them. I mean, what’s the deal with liberals — they believe in evolution in theory, but not in practice? And they say we’re anti-science? Should environmental justice grow out of the barrel of a gun?

The method of control is gruesome. They plan to use the barred owl’s fierce devotion to its property rights against it. barred owls attack other owls that invade its territory. So steely eyed, shotgun-toting environmentalists plan to play owl calls over loudspeakers, and when the evil barred owl comes to investigate — pow. A final decision on the mass executions needs to pass environmental review, and won’t be made until the summer. We’re waiting for a reporter in DC to ask the administration its position on shooting the successful, even if we think we know what it is.

Link

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No I have not played a "real" game of soccer but ran around with people who did when I was younger. When I played pick up games with them I was able to get the ball within 6 inches of where I wanted it to on a simple pass like that. I don't really think that player deserves any heat from this, but with the insanity some people are throwing out, why not? Why not have the team/people who run the stadium responsible?

I had much more to say but that would end up with us arguing back and forth on fundamental issues we are not going to agree on. So I am just going to leave it at this:

I don't blame the guy for not wanting to bend down and pick up a wild, scared, injured bird of prey. I have no idea the best way to handle a perfectly healthy owl, let alone one in that condition Would I have handled it the same way? No. I also don't get why people are calling for his head on a silver platter. It was an honest mistake. He was in the heat of the game and ws trying to get it going. I'm all about animal rights etc etc but apparently the owl was down for the count anyway. It doesn't excuse it and at the absolute worst maybe the team makes him sit a game and he apologizes to the other team and their fans, but thats it.

He doesn't deserve this treatment.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I get Tears in my eye's even when I hit a living Creature while driving.. (Bugs don't count as much) I'm left with this guilty feeling..., I should not be here at this point of driving to have cause this death. That's my thoughts at the time. This Human had choosen to do the worst.. It would of taken less energy to remove it by hand.. I would with care! Those around him would realize a different Man.. However.. Anouther bord again Idiot
If I were there and seen this... The Owl would of know Justice before it left this Earth.

I get White Hot on this..

Someone will suffer again, it's obvious to me and I have not reviewed the Vid.
Not going to as well...

Jesse

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

No I have not played a "real" game of soccer but ran around with people who did when I was younger. I don't blame the guy for not wanting to bend down and pick up a wild, scared, injured bird of prey.

Never played a real game explains why you would accuse the guy with the ball.

About the guy not bending down, he could have let someone else do that, he jogged from the area to the bird when there were other players closer to the bird.

I don't think he deserves jail time, but a warning not to hurt animals.

A minute wasted is better than a kick to the bird, or do you disagree? The ref also adds aditional minutes you know.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Such a beautiful owl and an arse with a foot - jerk I hope he gets
kicked in the worse place possible for him - hard! This really
shows how some people have no heart or feelings except
for their selfish selves.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Sitting here with so much ANGER against this sack of ****

Kicking the owl like it was trash, OMG sometimes I really consider traveling to the place where these animal abusers live.. and just camp in some tree with my 20mm anti tank rifle and just shoot them to gel !!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He could have easily picked it up and removed it gently from the pitch,but on the other hand,it may well have bitten or scratched him,leaving him with no option but to fall to the floor,clutching his leg and claiming a free kick!!

Big tough guy!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
The way that someone treats animals is an indication of their own mental state....

He was afraid the team would think he's a wussy if he carries the bird out of the field.
Then again he seemed to make an ambitious kick like thinking it made him look big.
I would've grabbed it by the wing and carried it out.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Sack the bastard and make sure he never plays professional football again.
Additionally, prosecute him for cruelty.

Sorry about the language, but I feel it is justified in this case.

Agreed 110%. People like him really don't deserve to play soccer (okay, okay football...) professionally. I hope he get's barred from the team.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

If you are hitting a lot of living creatures besides bugs while driving, you just might need to pay better attention.

Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I was about to say the same thing, to me it looked like a scoop to get it off the field, seemed he didn't want to reach down and pick it up (owls have sharp claws and a sharp beak, and if it feels threatened it may attack, especially someone it doesnt recognise), because clearly no one else was concerned enough to go on the field to recover the bird before the ball struck it or even after, everyone was just staring. Even though I didn't see him maliciously "kick" the bird he probably should have signaled for someone to come and claim the already injured bird, and he would have avoided the drama.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
first off, the owl shouldn't have been on the field... wtf is there an owl doing there?

secondy, it gets hit by a ball first and gets all stary eyed from that

and third, it wasn't even a hard kick, more of a scoop and toss via foot

people need to worry about bigger things than a damn owl. who really cares? are there owl people plotting to attack columbia now?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

His comments that he didn't realise it was a lucky mascot shows his disrespect for other life. It should make no difference if it is a tame or wild animal, to kick it like that it a horrible act. I agree with ther posters who would like to kick him a few times, see how he likes it. But you know that as an overpaid primadonna (sorry, professional footballer) his punishment will be pathetic and he will continue to get more money each week than most of us get in a year. Complete git.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

How horrible, I hope the owl is ok. That guys needs to be punished for his actions! Very, very sick man. S&F for making me aware of this.

Didn't see the end, owl died
didn't want to watch it all the way through. That makes me

edit on 2-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't really understand why you guys are making such a big deal out of this. I mean of course it wasn't justifiable to kick the owl, but he didn't really kick it in the first place. He sort of scooped it up and I also read that he thought he was giving it a sort of boost so it could fly off the field because he thought it wasn't injured. If this owl wasn't a mascot, you would not be seeing this story anywhere...

Kind Regards,
TokyoDynamite

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
first, if it was a newborn baby he kicked, half the people calling this guy a monster and the scum of the earth wouldn't even bother posting.

second the stupid owl was lying on his back in the middle of the pitch. owls belong in a barn or on a tree.

third it was a scoop kick, not a full blown strike. the bird was already injured and that kick didn't damage him.

put still since peta and the nwo have brainwashed 90% of american society into thinking a friggin animals life is worth more than a human being, it doesn't surprise me the reactions this is getting.

but in america if you want to be mentally equal to a dog, that's your right.

hitler was a monster, stalin was scum of the earth, this guy's just an assh-le, at best.

but in the heat of battle, in a hard fought contest, you come across the other teams mascot breaking balls in the middle of the pitch, getting him out of the way is a natural reaction.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join