It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick footballer kicks injured owl off pitch (video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
any decent human being would have either picked it up and took it out of harms way, or alerted an official.

instead, no he boots it.

i strongly suspect this person has psychopathic tendencies - lots of serial killers start off hurting animals like this.

keep an eye on this man, i bet he will end up comitting worse crimes in the future

disgusted.

edit on 2-3-2011 by Onet Wosix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oh gawd! What's with all the holier than thou replies. We are all animals...sometimes we attack each other. So what.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea826451e854.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Some people are sick freaks. My friend and I just rescued a Barred Owl yesterday that had gotten caught in a barbed wire fence and broken his right wing. My friend held it with thick leather gloves while I cut it loose. The game warden came and took it to Raptor Inc in Ohio.
www.raptorinc.org...

I sent them this email inquiring about the owls condition...

My friend and I rescued a good sized Barn Owl today in Pendleton County that was hung up in a barbed wire fence. It had a broken right wing. We called the Game Warden and he said that he was bringing it to you. I am just wondering if it lived or what the prognosis is on it. Thank you for your time,

And here was their reply,

Hi Ken,

Yes, RAPTOR Inc. received the Barred Owl today from Pendleton County. The bird is still living and we are trying to get the bird into the vet tomorrow. Tonight we were able to stabilize the wing, give it fluids, antibiotics and pain meds. I’ll let you know more after it is seen by the vet.

Thanks for arranging for the transportation.

Cindy Alverson

Bird Care Director, RAPTOR Inc

I haven't heard from them today but am fixing to email them. If the owl is released back into the wild, they are bringing it back to my friends farm to release it and I plan on getting video. I didnt get any video yesterday because we were in such a rush to help get the owl out of its predicament. Owls are such amazing and beautiful creatures.

The guy that kicked the owl in the OP, should be locked up for a while and kicked in the head everyday...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Food for thought there. These guys are role models for many kids. What kind of signal does this transmit?
Good input, thanks.

They are supposed to be a role model, but if you see the behavior of some of the uk footballers.. You will see they are far from being role models!!

They're not supposed to be role models. It's the superficial media that thrusts these expectations on mainly young kids. Kicking a ball about or playing any sport shouldn't make you a viable role model.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Misterlondon

Then, without sounding like a callous bastard, why was it allowed anywhere near the pitch where it was eventually hit by a football? What that football player did was inexcusable, but the whole issue should never have occurred in the first place.

It looked badly injured before the player even kicked it, which makes what he did even worse, but officials at the club should also be shouldering a good portion of the blame here.

Crap like this would never happen over here. Ridiculous.

You've never seen seagulls or pigeons at a football ground?

I've seen it happen. When France play in Rugby sometimes they have cocks running down the sideline, and I'm not talking about their players

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Dear lord there are actually people on here defending that guy! If you have a hard time seeing anything wrong with what that guy did then you need some help. Its people like you who make the human race such a lovely animal. And for those who reply with 'toughen up' kind of comments I pity you. It is not tough to hurt a defenseless animal (yes it was defenseless as it was dazed already) and it is easy to sit there in your chair and act tough through your PC. You are the weaklings and cowards, not those of us who don't like seeing animals hurt through senseless acts.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by danielsil18

No I have not played a "real" game of soccer but ran around with people who did when I was younger. When I played pick up games with them I was able to get the ball within 6 inches of where I wanted it to on a simple pass like that. I don't really think that player deserves any heat from this, but with the insanity some people are throwing out, why not? Why not have the team/people who run the stadium responsible?

I had much more to say but that would end up with us arguing back and forth on fundamental issues we are not going to agree on. So I am just going to leave it at this:

I don't blame the guy for not wanting to bend down and pick up a wild, scared, injured bird of prey. I have no idea the best way to handle a perfectly healthy owl, let alone one in that condition Would I have handled it the same way? No. I also don't get why people are calling for his head on a silver platter. It was an honest mistake. He was in the heat of the game and ws trying to get it going. I'm all about animal rights etc etc but apparently the owl was down for the count anyway. It doesn't excuse it and at the absolute worst maybe the team makes him sit a game and he apologizes to the other team and their fans, but thats it.

He doesn't deserve this treatment.

You realise the footage shown in the OP video is actually slowed down some. Go find other versions on Youtube, he gives it a hefty kick. The ITN report doesn't do it justice

The reality is this, the area of play moved away from the owl, and he should have to. There was no need to remove the owl as while it did infringe on play, it wasn't at the time he kicked it.

What a normal individual would have done is followed the ball and play up field, and allowed someone on the sideline to swiftly remove the animal. Which would have happened.

It wasn't his job to move the animal, and if the ref felt it was infringing on play he'd have stopped the game. He didn't, as he recognised play had moved away. As you would, if you understood soccer.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
He could have easily picked it up and removed it gently from the pitch,but on the other hand,it may well have bitten or scratched him,leaving him with no option but to fall to the floor,clutching his leg and claiming a free kick!!

Big tough guy!

Exactly right, Soccer isn't like Rugby or Football where everyone at every second is vitally important. Some fans may not like hearing it, but it's true.

You see players on their knees re-lacing their boots all the time! If play isn't coming in your direction and you aren't urgently needed in support you can find plenty of time to do nothing. Next time you watch a football game watch 1 player, a large part of the game is spent standing stationary or slowly walking in backplay.

This guy didn't need to kick the owl or remove it, that's the whole point. Let somebody else move it, or pick it up and hand it off to somebody else

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Oh gawd! What's with all the holier than thou replies. We are all animals...sometimes we attack each other. So what.

Some of us have a little more intelligence than birds.

Don't you? Why would I behave like a low-intelligent creature void of any sort of ethical compass. That sort of reasoning is so ridiculous, it deserves nothing but ridicule.

Maybe someone punches you in the face at random or kills a family member, after all we're just animals. No, maybe we don't do that, because some of us have the ability to think and hold moral values and codes.

Unfortunately some don't, like this scumbag in the video and yourself.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
The fact that this took place in an uncivilazed, piss pot country like Columbia where most of it's populations are interbred and high on drugs because it's the only way that they can forget the fact that as a country they are a pointless waste of space on the map, is irrelevant.......... and I know he is a Panamanian player BUT it is the stupid society that he plays in which allows disgusting events like this to occur !!!

Aside from your xenophobic nonsense, did you miss the bit where Moreno has been roundly vilified and become a hate figure in Colombia ?

If Colombian society allows ''disgusting events like this to occur'', then why has there been a public outcry over his actions ?

And what's the problem that the majority of Colombians are products of ''interbreeding'' anyway ?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I just read in my local newspaper that that owl just died despite beein treated at the vet since the kick occured.
I believe it was from heartfailure or something.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned - I didn't read all posts in the thread.

The man who kicked the owl can apparently, if beeing prosecuted for it, face jailtime for it.
He deserves no less in my opinion...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV

Anybody, that kicks, an animal or human when they are down and injured and need help, is a sick muther f_cka.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This guy basically kicks it in front of the entire world without taking even a millisecond to think about consequences. I mean he did it as if it's a daily routine for him, to kick birds falling on the field.

"Oh, a bird on the field, KICK THE BIRD roflol!!!" - Only someone with serious childhood trauma can behave that way.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

That first post of yours was one of the worst things i have ever read here on ATS! You just called everybody from a country idiots, was extremely racist (interbreed, wth?) and offended a religion! What's wrong with you?

It was really sad what he has done there, and there was a reaction to this. The people from Colombia are asking for tough measures against the player.

And, by the way, where did this happened:

England, right? So, just because of this, every person in UK is a horrible person?

Think before you post, please.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

what an asshole karma will reveal itself in a form of a cleat to the chin

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

The fact that this took place in an uncivilazed, piss pot country like Columbia where most of it's populations are interbred and high on drugs because it's the only way that they can forget the fact that as a country they are a pointless waste of space on the map, is irrelevant.......... and I know he is a Panamanian player BUT it is the stupid society that he plays in which allows disgusting events like this to occur !!!

Aside from your xenophobic nonsense, did you miss the bit where Moreno has been roundly vilified and become a hate figure in Colombia ?

If Colombian society allows ''disgusting events like this to occur'', then why has there been a public outcry over his actions ?

And what's the problem that the majority of Colombians are products of ''interbreeding'' anyway ?

Sherlock Holmes.................. Yawn...........!

Good of you to ''edit'' the bits you want too in a bid to ''WIN a FEW STARS'' but MISS OUT the rest of my RANT which would illustrate that my angst is not solely with Columbia and it's 'inbreeds' but that I hold a much wider Derision of society in general, Countries generally being irrelevant ......

A little bit of xenophobic nonsense (big words for you - well done, i'll give you a star for that effort :-)) does little harm in a rant like this but ..... maybe, just maybe any Columbians or ANYONE reading this whom might have gone out and kicked a bird or any other sentient creature which did not deserved to be kicked MIGHT THINK hhmm 'No I won't now do that!"..... Just one makes a difference, just a change, however small makes a difference in all sorts of ways and activities in life......... ..
if my comments upset you or anyone -- TOUGH , sit on it and swivel. I do not care about that because as I have said , my REAL distain for our species is that a portion of society just DOES NOT CARE and that is UNACCEPTABLE................ don't you agree ???

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Canslli

Cansll

Go and grow a PAIR please .....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thank GOD he wasn't white, American or Christian..................

Can you imagine how VIRAL that video would have went with the anti white, American, Christian these days.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes.................. Yawn...........!

Good of you to ''edit'' the bits you want too in a bid to ''WIN a FEW STARS'' but MISS OUT the rest of my RANT which would illustrate that my angst is not solely with Columbia and it's 'inbreeds' but that I hold a much wider Derision of society in general, Countries generally being irrelevant ......

A little bit of xenophobic nonsense (big words for you - well done, i'll give you a star for that effort :-)) does little harm in a rant like this but ..... maybe, just maybe any Columbians or ANYONE reading this whom might have gone out and kicked a bird or any other sentient creature which did not deserved to be kicked MIGHT THINK hhmm 'No I won't now do that!"..... Just one makes a difference, just a change, however small makes a difference in all sorts of ways and activities in life......... ..
if my comments upset you or anyone -- TOUGH , sit on it and swivel. I do not care about that because as I have said , my REAL distain for our species is that a portion of society just DOES NOT CARE and that is UNACCEPTABLE................ don't you agree ???

Regards

PDUK

I can't see where you're going with this. You keep stating you feel this way about all societies. But yet you single out Colombians and go on a venemous attack against them. Your stance is somewhat of an oxymoron. Either you have something against Colombians, and you stand by your views. Or you don't, and you withdraw your previous statements.

Many people think Brits are hateful bigots and xenophobes. You'd think that with your own arguments you'd have thought about this and gone out of your way not to live up to the stereotype. But it seems not

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Thank GOD he wasn't white, American or Christian..................

Can you imagine how VIRAL that video would have went with the anti white, American, Christian these days.

The video is viral. And he's most probably a Christian.

If you stopped contributing to prejudice and bigotry yourself you'd go along way to minimising any in your, or should that be our, direction. Be the change you want, and all that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join