It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick footballer kicks injured owl off pitch (video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

mother #er. kick him off the field. wanker. no wonder they lost!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

NadaC

Point taken....... you win !!

I still have an issue though with ''Any Inbreeds'' from ''Any Country'' who seem to think that being a human gives tham a Right to do whatever they want to other living sentient creatures............ Wether they are in Columbia or America or the UK or where ever........... I don't CARE........ if people want to get a little upset about a comment / Rant I made about a country then fine......... in the UK we get as good as we give, even from within our own borders !!!!

The point at issue here is............ A supposed football star, probably being rewarded more than the average thinks that a quick flick of his boot to an injured animal is acceptable........it is not and subsequently it has become clear public opinion is against him.... I support that opinion and I made a Viscious RANT which has got a few annoyed.......

Getting people annoyed sometimes is the only way to wake them up ..... Do those whom complain think I want to wage war on Columbia and it's people ????? FFS

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by jessemole

If you are hitting a lot of living creatures besides bugs while driving, you just might need to pay better attention.

Just sayin.
Just sayin..

Your trying to be funny I presume...

You Sir have come across for the same reasons this is being discussed.. Just don't care now do you?
I do! You however, I can expect your insight from this point on.. I'm sure others will as well. O-yes, Just sayin.................

Try not to hurt anything if you will.. it's not mine intent when I wake up in the morning! Attention.. I'm not without it,

My Greif goes deeper.

Jeese

Jesse

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You people are ridiculous. Wanting to skin the guy alive for kicking an animal. I really don't know which is better.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by NadaCambia

NadaC

Point taken....... you win !!

I still have an issue though with ''Any Inbreeds'' from ''Any Country'' who seem to think that being a human gives tham a Right to do whatever they want to other living sentient creatures............ Wether they are in Columbia or America or the UK or where ever........... I don't CARE........ if people want to get a little upset about a comment / Rant I made about a country then fine......... in the UK we get as good as we give, even from within our own borders !!!!

The point at issue here is............ A supposed football star, probably being rewarded more than the average thinks that a quick flick of his boot to an injured animal is acceptable........it is not and subsequently it has become clear public opinion is against him.... I support that opinion and I made a Viscious RANT which has got a few annoyed.......

Getting people annoyed sometimes is the only way to wake them up ..... Do those whom complain think I want to wage war on Columbia and it's people ????? FFS

Regards

PDUK

I agree with your general sentiment. And I have nothing for or against Colombia. And don't know you from previous posts, but was taken back by your 'rant' myself. So can see why others are finding issue, even if you were typing in anger and misdirection, or out of form/character

It's definately a problem but I don't think Colombians are much better or worse than most other countries. And in fairness as somebody else pointed out the Colombians seem to be up in arms.

My only concern, and this isn't an attack on Colombians, is whether or not these people would care if the incident took place outside of a football field?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

My only concern, and this isn't an attack on Colombians, is whether or not these people would care if the incident took place outside of a football field?

NadaC

Your final comment is actually the MOST important one because it is exactly that point, 'do they care if it is out of view'' ..... which is what gets me inflamed..........

Do you remember a spate of videos of cruelty to animals, the cat in the bin, the dog thrown of a 100 ft bridge etc etc......... I struggle to understand the mentality of those who just Do Not Care............ even the ATS 'Poorfool' who just posted obviously has no councious for other sentient living creatures.

In physcological terms, someone who harms animals is a far bigger and more potentially bigger danger to his / her fellow humans....... It has been shown that past murders have manifested their 'lack of caring' on animals before commiting crimes against people........

What also 'Frustrates' me about all this is socieites acceptance of POOR behaviour because it is a sport star or it is a drugged up film star..... life is hard for them blah blah blah............ i'm thinking Ashley Cole and air rifles and Rooney and his elbow....... Maybe small fry to some but it is all a LOWERING of standards and values which in time will never recover............. hence my Rant...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
You people are ridiculous. Wanting to skin the guy alive for kicking an animal. I really don't know which is better.

It continues.. Words spoken here are short if being skined alive,,, I know the worst. Bad choice in saying that Mate..
(Ridiculous of what people say) ) So Sad.

Jesse

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

NadaC

Your final comment is actually the MOST important one because it is exactly that point, 'do they care if it is out of view'' ..... which is what gets me inflamed..........

Do you remember a spate of videos of cruelty to animals, the cat in the bin, the dog thrown of a 100 ft bridge etc etc......... I struggle to understand the mentality of those who just Do Not Care............ even the ATS 'Poorfool' who just posted obviously has no councious for other sentient living creatures.

In physcological terms, someone who harms animals is a far bigger and more potentially bigger danger to his / her fellow humans....... It has been shown that past murders have manifested their 'lack of caring' on animals before commiting crimes against people........

What also 'Frustrates' me about all this is socieites acceptance of POOR behaviour because it is a sport star or it is a drugged up film star..... life is hard for them blah blah blah............ i'm thinking Ashley Cole and air rifles and Rooney and his elbow....... Maybe small fry to some but it is all a LOWERING of standards and values which in time will never recover............. hence my Rant...

Regards

PDUK

See I'm conflicted on the issue of athletes and their behaviour. Imo the media builds them up and kicks them down for ratings. That's not to justify the behaviour, but I don't like the media witch hunt. And I really don't like Rooney as a human being, but cannot comment on Cole as I don't follow these things much. I remember this issue was adressed by a Rugby league coach in Australia. And over there rugby league players are villified in the media like football players. Here's an excerpt

Wayne Bennet - I find young men they need discipline, they need direction, and when we don't give them that we fail them

Interviewer - It's always been the case too. Our games always had a great responsibility because alot of our kids come to us with huge problems. They don't all come from privileged backgrounds, or great educations or great families. And football(rugby league) takes on a big responsibility in that regard, doesn't it? And as a coach I suppose you're a huge part of that

WB - Yeah we are. I'm always dissapointed enormously about the bad stories I read. I never read the good stories, the ones that we know if they hadn't of played rugby league, hadn't been a part of clubs, having good men around them, whether its older players, coaches or anybody else; There life would have been an absolute mess. And we know how many have changed, and sometimes you don't win the battle totally, but you know what a difference that's all made.

Some of the stories as you know are horrific, their backgrounds their upbringings. And you have nothing but admiration for them to think they've overcome all this to even get themselves to a football team and even be apart of a team. We don't read enough of those stories, all we read is the odd guy that'll make a bit of a mistake somewhere. And we've always gotta remember we're dealing with young men. And young men across this country are making mistakes everyday of the week, but if you happen to play a team sport these days you're gonna be a headline.

-------------------------------------------

Nobody out there is asking to be a role model. An older player like Rooney, he's just pikey scum that should know better. But there's many of otherwise good players out there who are demonised in the media because of something they've done or said.

And I think about myself. What If I was in the media spotlight, and everything I'd said or done since the age of 18 was put out by the media and in the public domain. I can honestly say, if that were to have been the case, many people wouldn't think much of me as a person. Not that I've done anything God awful, but I've done and said many things I regret, that the media would eat up. But I like to think of myself as a decent human being. Whether or not I could refrain from beating up paparazzi scum and verbally assaulting interviewers, I don't know. I'm doubtful.

I mean imagine if everything you said back on page 1 was said by a big name sport star. Jesus the media would have a field day. You'd be crucified, despite the media being right wing. "PurpleDog vicious attack on Colombian 'inbreds'". And then they'd run a story on how you oppose interracial relationships and once had a school fight with a biracial dude, leading you to a life of Nazi-esque hatred. But you know that's not who you are, most people here will accept that's not who you are, and that you merely spoke out of turn and were a little stubborn in conceding that. Nothing really more. But to people who don't know your character or who you are, to people who just saw you as an overpaid leech kicking a leather ball about, to them you'd be everything wrong with society. So would I, and most people on here.

So there's many bad people playing football, or football players who've done bad things. Naturally there behaviour is something that needs adressing. But the main problem will always be the media. These are the ones making dumb kids rolemodels. It's easier to look at someone and say that guys a rolemodel, he shouldn't behave like that. Because 99% of people don't ask to be rolemodels and hate being seen that way.

I also think the internet adds to this role model thing. I'm only 21, but growing up I can't recall me or my mates ever discussing the off-field behaviour of football players. We played Fifa, watched the occasional game, and that was it. Despite being football mad all I can honestly remember was the David Beckham red card. And I only remember that as I was in a 200-strong bar in France at the time, so naturally will remember a good night out on holiday.

So yeah, not sure where I'm going with this but I sympathise with the football players on this one, despite now disliking football as a sport and what it generally represents. But I was a dumb kid, was a very naughty boy. And I thank my stars that I was fortunate enough to go through a bout of depression and lose contact with most my then 'friends'. Or I don't know where I'd be today. Most of them are EDL supporting violent loons, so maybe I'd be doing that. By chance I'm an otherwise peaceful vegetarian. A confused hippy, as Bill Bailey would say

Apologies for the long arse post, wrapping it up before I hit the sack.
edit on 2-3-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As an animal lover and animal rights activist I can't even stomach to watch this video. It's absolutely horrific. One of the most disgusting acts is attacking a life that is weaker, vulnerable, and innocent then the said attacker. A life is a life. And the fact that someone would even do that, instead of getting help is beyond me. Shows no compassion, no humanity or any love. He is not a man. A little child would have more soul then him. I can only hope if he doesn't get his in this life, he'll get his in the next.

On facebook they have a petition apps.facebook.com... for some justice.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As an animal lover and animal rights activist I can't even stomach to watch this video. It's absolutely horrific. One of the most disgusting acts is attacking a life that is weaker, vulnerable, and innocent then the said attacker. A life is a life. And the fact that someone would even do that, instead of getting help is beyond me. Shows no compassion, no humanity or any love. He is not a man. A little child would have more soul then him. I can only hope if he doesn't get his in this life, he'll get his in the next.

On facebook they have a petition apps.facebook.com... for some justice.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Was alive but died later from the injuries it received when elfu&ktard kicked it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Good of you to ''edit'' the bits you want too in a bid to ''WIN a FEW STARS'' but MISS OUT the rest of my RANT which would illustrate that my angst is not solely with Columbia and it's 'inbreeds' but that I hold a much wider Derision of society in general, Countries generally being irrelevant ......

Seriously, what's this current phenomena going around ATS whereby people are accusing someone who disagrees with them of fishing for stars ? That's about the tenth time I've seen that today, and it's a pretty feeble deflection tactic. I'm not bothered about stars or flags ( although, keep them coming in, boys and girls
).

I didn't edit anything.

You specifically referred to Colombia as an ''uncivilised, piss pot country'' and a ''pointless waste of space on the map'' whose population were ''interbred''.

If you wanted to refer to society as a whole, then there was no reason to specifically attack the country where this incident took place.

maybe, just maybe any Columbians or ANYONE reading this whom might have gone out and kicked a bird or any other sentient creature which did not deserved to be kicked MIGHT THINK hhmm 'No I won't now do that!"..... Just one makes a difference, just a change, however small makes a difference in all sorts of ways and activities in life.........

Even so you are now attempting to retract your original comments, the above still doesn't in any way explain your original comments singling out Colombian society, rather than society as a whole.

At least, after being called out for your xenophobia, you have now realised how anti-social your comments are, and have now withdrawn them, although it would have been much better if you had just manned up and acknowledged your initial mistake.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Glad they lost at least. Karma takes care of the rest

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Glad they lost at least. Karma takes care of the rest

If they hadn't have been losing, though, he may not have kicked the injured owl.

It appeared to be an act of petulance, annoyance and frustration rather than an act of intentional cruelty.

edit on 2-3-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
if people showed this much care and compassion to people instead of a friggin barn owl, we would be in paradise on earth.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

This is a terrible thing that was done.
But looking at Michael Vick, it seems the soccer player will get a better team and more endorsements if history is any indicator.
This jerk and Mike Vick both need to share the same cell.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Danger Mouse or whatever you are............... I do not Retract or apologize for anything I have said !

If I want to have a RANT about something then I WILL have a rant......OK.....?!

Your continued pursuit of trying to highlight me as a Xenophobe or hater of anyone else is laughable.........carry on if it means that much to you.......... I don't mind what you think because the important people in my life whom know me obviously know otherwise :-)

The bigger picture here is about the acceptance of a lowering of standards and not caring about ones actions......... we as a society are becoming TOO ACCEPTING of poor behaviour and actions which over time, are Reduceing the standards by which we all live................ You could argue quite legitimately that my RANT lends itself to this as well and that I shouldn't have 'TARGETTED' Interbred Columbians.............. Most on here I would have thought would be able to see, after reading all relevant threads that my frustration and disgust was Manifest in my little RANT..... to see someone, a human being (?) kick an injurded animal shows a dstinct lack of Humanity which I cannot abide by.........and I do not understand, it makes my blood boil...

Regarding my RANT, I do not wish to start a war with Columbia or any other countries with 'Inbred' populations (though there are many to choose from :-)) , It could have been the Dubious populations in Brazil or the Stupid Americans or the potato eating Oirish or the Drunk Brits or garlic eating homo French or the cowardly Itlatians.....................or whatever !!!!!! Do you really think that because I wrote those descriptions that I REALLY MEAN that....? That I really BELIEVE that those people in those countries REALLY behave as per my descriptions above ???????

Of course NOT!!!!! If I can't say what I want then haven't we lost the right to free speech ??

You and Nobody else will tell me what I can and cannot say ...... I know what is right and wrong and I am fully aware of 'crossing the line'' but that is my choice and if you don't like it then don't read it .....

Cheers
and have a nice day

PDUK

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The people here go home to a meal consisting of an animal who was more than likely confined to a cramped cage the entirety of it's life, not to mention faces violence like this at the hands of human beings on a daily basis from birth to death.

It's nice to know so many people here are a fan of birds... You guys like chickens? For example, as a chick is processed on a conveyor system, to a worker who clips the end of it's beak off as to not peck and injure other chickens while it's in confinement, as an egg bird or a meat bird. After their beak is clipped, it's thrown (*thrown*, by the way) down a chute to be sorted and housed. They're pumped with hormones and vitamin cocktails to produce more meat or more eggs. Some chickens grow so unnaturally large their legs can't support their weight and aren't confined to only a cage, but their own body. After their beautiful time growing up, they are then once again thrown into cage trucks where they are taken to slaughter. They are then hanged by their feet and head down the line where their throat is slit.

"Deny Ignorance."

Right.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

You and Nobody else will tell me what I can and cannot say ...... I know what is right and wrong and I am fully aware of 'crossing the line'' but that is my choice and if you don't like it then don't read it .....

PDUK

You will allow no one else to tell you what you can or cannot say yet you want to tell everyone how they should behave?

We are here to learn purpledog. We are here to grow.

i have been here for quite some time now and i am not sure i know what is right and wrong. I'm not sure there even is a 'right' and 'wrong'

loose some of the anger.

people might listen to you more if you do.

you can bark all day but no one will listen. share some of your toys instead of sitting growling at everyone that walks by.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I love the hypocrisy running rampant all over this thread. The majority of people claiming that a player who accidentally injured a bird should be "kicked in the head," as if two wrongs make a right. You accidentally step on sentient, intelligent beings every day of your life. If your sense of justice were served, you'd be eating somebody else's shoe tomorrow. What he did was morally incorrect, but more violence will obviously not solve the problem.

Cheers,
Strype

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join