It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to leave The United States of America, I've had it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I would'nt consider Germany if I was you. I wish I could say Australia is safe but even that I can't guarantee; a majority of Australians are too still asleep.

The Bush family has many thousands of acres of land in South America...I'd pretty much guarantee thats a safe bet.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wherever you decide to go you will find that it is not much different than the place you left. People are the same, albeit a few minor differences such as language and cultural intricacies. Every country listed as possible alternatives for safe harbor have problems of their own. If you are looking for Utopia you will never find it. Remember this world is run by bumbling mistake prone humans. It is a balancing act of taking the good with the bad.

Personally, I would not wanna live anywhere else than where I am. I have been halfway around the world before I was 20. Been to China, SKorea, Japan, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, and the Middle East. They where nice places to visit, but deep down there is no place like home. Anywhere you go, and if you are looking hard enough there will be moans, groans, and complaints among the people. As the saying goes, "The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there and find out it is not much different than where you started." Good luck to you in whatever you decide.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
if you have tons of money,you can go anywhere you want.

but then, why would you leave?

lol, the days of big white bwana are gone.

you will be an outsider everywhere and not in a good way.

unless you know the language and customs and high people in places, you will just be another brick in the wall.

asia is cool. immigration laws are tough.

like what's been said, they don't just let you walk in and stay. (like the usa)

pick a place and take a trip.

tip, anywhere you need to be in a group tour, forget about living.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
This country is completely obsessed with entertainment. I stopped watching tv and movies a couple years ago and have never felt better. It really seems like everybodies first concern, is to feel good and be entertained. If I bring up a topic that doesn't make them feel warm and fuzzy, BAM they turn defensive.

I have a new theory about this,
been trying it out and the results seem to be positive.

When ever I find myself in a conversation with a TV watcher I try to work in the following phrase.

"TV is like a jealous girlfriend. Everything in your live sucks, except when your are with her."

The results vary, but trend towards the positive.

David Grouchy
edit on 1-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia

You mentioned Australia as possibility to go to if and when you leave the USA.

Let me enlighten you...Australia is Uncle Sam's errand boy. I have often said that Oz could be the next star on Old Glory. Our government is so far up your government's derriere that it makes me want to puke.

We breed sheep here too

take care all
res

LMAO.

I'll remember you wrote that.

thanks for the tip.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
We have more than enough people like you who orbit reality out on the lunatic fringe. Please do us all a favor and GTFO. Too bad we can't confiscate your passport so we can be assured you won't get back in.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

edit on 1-3-2011 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladerunner44
We have more than enough people like you who orbit reality out on the lunatic fringe. Please do us all a favor and GTFO. Too bad we can't confiscate your passport so we can be assured you won't get back in.

I see you're a supporter of the "official story"... I'm guessing?

For those that support the "official story"... let me say this:
I've entertained the idea that I could be wrong about 9/11 being an inside job... I wish you
people could try to imagine that we are right.... just try pretend that you've never been so wrong in your life.

... (and always ask questions.)

Lunatic Fringe huh... is that Fox News lingo?... that expression had to of originated from Fox News.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Michael Jordan , you're cracking me up dude . Michael Jordan , ha , ha , ha , ha , ha . You wish someone would enlighten Michael Jordan , he's more enlightened than you'd possibly know . First , unless you have some great skill set in demand in another country that won't displace a citizen of that country , maybe , just maybe you'd have a chance , but if you're waiting for the enlightenment of Michael Jordan Moses i doubt you have those skills and education , or any marketable skills . Back to Michael Jordan but you can substitute his name with the name of any black pro athelete or rap star . Upon signing the first million dollar contract they all move to a white , gated , secure entrance community with armed guards so they can bbq in their back yards without crack dealers and ghetto trash firing AK-47's down the streets and across the playgrounds . They only go back to the ghetto for photo ops with armed guards and can't wait to get back to the white , guarded , gated community . That's a fact Jack , and i just enlightened you . Use Google and look up their mansions and gates . If you're a whining wiener with a computer i got news for you Jack , get your work boots on and make the best of it like everyone else . When the last George Bush was elected the first time so many wiener movie stars said they'd leave America immediately , if he ever got elected , and not one of them did . You know them , you took the evening off to watch the Oscars . You have about as much credibility as they do . The Oscars and Michael Jordan , ha , ha , ha , ha , ha . That's a good one .

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Might be a little off topic, but you might want to Leave Abovetopsecret too. I apologize to anyone for not being completely on topic, but check this out. I took a screenshot of the Abovetopsecret site and they have an advertisement to recruit us citizens to become "Homeland Security Officers". There's a run down college next to Foodforeless that is also recruiting the poor to become "Homeland Security Officers" basically giving them that education for "Free". A tad bit sketchy????

edit on 1-3-2011 by lumenateurmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Good luck on your endevours dude,
I think Antarctic would be a exelent place for you!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If the worldwide broadcast of "All You Need is Love" didn't change people back then, and with even more distractions today, I don't know what will now...

I'll stay in the US though, not sure if I'll change anything, be apart of a revolution or what. All I know is I'm going to watch it all go down, I want to be there at ground zero, my time will come when I know what I need to do. People will probably wake up when it's too late...but then again, it's never too late, there's always a time to fight. But when will that be?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

TPTB have succeeded in information overload. There is SO much information to sort through, so little time to do it (with a job, kids, chores, etc) that the "average" citizen of < INSERT COUNTRY HERE> is too exhausted to think critically about what is being done to them, it's easier to stick their heads in the sand and pretend that nothing is amiss.

When you challenge them, it disturbs their carefully constructed world view and they revolt by changing the subject. Also, people are so scared that if they rock the boat, it will disrupt their lives and quite possibly make them unemployable, putting their families in serious jeopardy.

I think it's going to truly take a real life John Galt to effect any change in the world, I just don't know who that is.
edit on 3/1/2011 by Finalized because: grammar

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
Michael Jordan , you're cracking me up dude . Michael Jordan , ha , ha , ha , ha , ha . You wish someone would enlighten Michael Jordan , he's more enlightened than you'd possibly know . First , unless you have some great skill set in demand in another country that won't displace a citizen of that country , maybe , just maybe you'd have a chance , but if you're waiting for the enlightenment of Michael Jordan Moses i doubt you have those skills and education , or any marketable skills . Back to Michael Jordan but you can substitute his name with the name of any black pro athelete or rap star . Upon signing the first million dollar contract they all move to a white , gated , secure entrance community with armed guards so they can bbq in their back yards without crack dealers and ghetto trash firing AK-47's down the streets and across the playgrounds . They only go back to the ghetto for photo ops with armed guards and can't wait to get back to the white , guarded , gated community . That's a fact Jack , and i just enlightened you . Use Google and look up their mansions and gates . If you're a whining wiener with a computer i got news for you Jack , get your work boots on and make the best of it like everyone else . When the last George Bush was elected the first time so many wiener movie stars said they'd leave America immediately , if he ever got elected , and not one of them did . You know them , you took the evening off to watch the Oscars . You have about as much credibility as they do . The Oscars and Michael Jordan , ha , ha , ha , ha , ha . That's a good one .

Amen brother

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I want to leave The United States of America, I've had it.

Trust me buddy, it's not much better here either. Every country has politicians, so I doubt you'll find anywhere that'll suit your (and mine) taste.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Those of us who know and are trying to spread the truth certainly have our moments of feeling of helplessness and frustration. It is good to vent, release, and talk about it in threads like this. Places like this where we are not ostrisized are priceless. I am quite thankful for that.

Before giving up, please remember a few things:

• The enemy wants you to give up ... they are couting on it
  • The enemy has been at this for hundreds of years, so it will take a while before everyone is informed and believes you.
  • The enemy pays many billions to indoctrinate the populace against the truth you are trying to inform others of.
  • The people you are trying to inform have been systematically propagandized against what you are trying to tell them, so they view you as a cookoo. Just keep plugging away. Prove your points with undisputable facts and ask for their source facts to prove theirs. The rational thinkers will eventually see the light.
  • You can't make everyone believe you. Some people are simply a waste of time. Some irrational people take what others say as gospel without any proof or supportive data no matter what undisputable proof you show them. These people can not be helped.
  • Some people simply won't believe you because it would mean their whole existance has been fake ... a lie ... it would shatter everything they ever knew or trusted ... so no matter what proof you ahve they simply can not believe it. These people can not be helped.
  • Our common bond is FREEDOM. Our constitution guarantees it. None of us can quit fighting because we are backed against the wall, in a corner, and our only recourse is to fight for our lives or to lay downh and die, becasue let me tell you buddy, this is it. If America falls, the world is toast. We are the last bastion of freedom and liberty left. Not our politics and foreign policy and policymakers, but America and what it stands for constitutionally.
  • Just about the rest of the world is already bought by the International Monetary Fund and World Bank - where would you go anyways ? They have their talons embedded into every government on the face of the earth creating policy to advance their agenda.

Win or lose, I know I'll go down fighting and shooting because my kids are worth the fight ... my future grandkids are worth the fight ... all of my descendents are worth the fight ... and our constitution, liberty and America's sovereignty is woth the fight.

edit on 1-3-2011 by Bind1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Good luck on your endevours dude,
I think Antarctic would be a exelent place for you!

Yes, Antarctica is the go! They even have an ATM there, though I've got no idea why. Gives all new meaning to "cold hard cash" I suppose

www.needcoffee.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito

Michael Jordan was in those Hanes commercials with Charlie Sheen.

why couldn't Jordan have been the one that found an interest in 9/11?

I tell you what - People would listen to him.

when Jordan speaks - people listen.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

America is better because: if you don't like the laws, you can move yourself to another state. In Europe the countries are as big as some states. Except the laws can be radically different, in some cases positive, some negative. Nonetheless transision and acquirement of citizenship will be more difficult, not to mention the varying language barriers. US might be shaky, but only we the people can fix it. Don't run away when we need you.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You can leave at any time. It is only a matter of getting the courage up, and making some life changing decisions.

A couple months ago you could catch a flight from Atlanta to Cancun for 150 bucks. A bus from there to Guatemala or Belize was fifty bucks. 200 bucks to get about as far from American idol as you could hope. There are tons of ngos, volunteer organizations, and other opportunities. Check out idealist.org

Someone else made some good points earlier. Roads in the third world are crappy. You have to be careful what you drink and eat. If you leave urban areas, and even in some urban areas you may not have water and electricity. If your white your a target for all types of corruption, and crime. I am not saying you need to be paranoid, but just need to be cognizant. Think about it. You would not go into compton rocking your brand new iphone on a visit to LA. Use your common sense just like you do here. Understand in many countries bureaucratic corruption is the norm. I am not trying to scare you, but just giving you a heads up.

All these difficulties in my opinion are worth it. Life just seems better once I get away from it all. The sensory overload of modern society fades away once you get out of it. When I am at some rural village with no comforts I am happy. At first glance you would think this place is a dump. Look a little harder, and you realize that material comforts are not all there is to life. The food is from nearby. People are happier. Community is stronger. Life is harder without running water, or electricity. This makes meals that much sweeter, and work completed more fulfilling.

If you volunteering you are living in service instead of for material accumulation. Your not buying slave labor goods. Your not driving around all the time using oil off the back of an Arab. Your not paying income taxes for military interventionism, or to pay the interest on the right to use money!

These may seem trivial things, but not to me. My main difficulty with Western society is that it is very difficult to live without benefiting from, or supporting the oppression of other human beings.

Anyway you can go to these countries without going village style. The major cities in central and south america are different, yet have the comforts if you want to pay for them.

I am leaving for Chile in two months. I will be getting a job teaching English. It only pays 5-10 grand a year, but there I can live for that much. I barely speak any Spanish, and no Castilian. Those first few weeks will be interesting, but that is part of the adventure.

All you need is a few grand.(ok preferably 5 or 10, but hell im goin with 1500 and hoping for the best) If you got thick enough skin to deal with the hardships that 90% of the world put up with every day you can live just fine.

If your young like me what the hell else we got to do? Get an office job

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join