It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to leave The United States of America, I've had it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Get a boat. Live on the ocean.
Just look out for pirates.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You could go to Mexico... oh wait, they have immigration laws.
Oh and don't let the door hit you...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I understand your frustration of not having family to talk to about your beliefs, especially when most people don't let you get past the second sentence without rolling their eyes at you. I have found there are those I can have an intelligent conversation with about things and those I just don't bother. Put it this way, I even need to be careful of what I say to my husband sometimes because I think after a while it gets to be overkill for him. People want to believe that their world is at it seems and most people I know don't like change. It's too frightening for them so they choose to believe what they've always believed. If I ever got to the place where you are, I don't know where I'd go. I don't need someone else's opinion to make me feel like I'm okay. Would that change if I moved away? Will I only be around like-minded people if I moved to another country? Probably not. I think no matter where you live you will find people that don't like you and don't believe your viewpoint.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
we dont want americans in Canada ....... u guys are nuts .......stay in your country pleasee please plaese ... i beg u !!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If you're going to run away, at least don't go to another sheep country, a.k.a anywhere in the EU or Canada.

I'd probably recommend Brazil, or if it's gotta be something in Europe, probably Norway.

I won't take the obvious potshots at you, you already know what I'm going to say.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Most countries are getting stricter on their immigration policies.. At minimum you should have a degree, vital skills , enough cash to live 6 months, valid job or offer of job, place to live while your there. No country will just let you move in and set up house.. And they DO strictly enforce immigration laws in most countries.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I just read the the original post...I don't want to be influenced subconsciously by what anyone wrote or to get side tracked and respond to anyone but you.

I have spent more time thinking about what you want to do then years you probably have been alive.

Unless you have a ton of money, and can live a hermits life, there is no where to run.

There are sane groups, sane people, grounded people, people that have never watched all-star wrestling or any reality t.v......find them and associate with them.

I assume you have watched the movie "Idoicracy" (someone help me with the spelling) We can't all bail. The U.S. is still the best of the rest....( ok..if I had the money I would become a barrister in England, man I love that Country.) If I had the money....I would kick those punk kids off of that Lord of the Flies island or move in with Tatoo on fantasy island....or pal around with Hugo from Lost.

It sounds like you are just venting and I know how you feel.....If you passed me on the highway when I was listening to Glenn Beck or Rush....you would think I was either singing to Death Rock or having an epileptic seizure. The lies...The hypocrisy...Makes me want to be cryogenicly frozen.

Get involved with the Ron Paul campaign (when it happens) and/or just fight the good fight.....

Maybe Jesus died for our sins....but I look at what he did as saying...."hey, I died trying to make your world better, and I'm the son of God, do what you can do for others and I will hook you up when your time comes." It is a good vs evil world........everybody has to pick a side or one will be chosen for you.

...man, don't mean to come off as some Holy Roller.....oh, and in the mean time....Watch Jon Stewart and Colbert they are an oasis.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Ahhhh.......

Another American exercising their freedoms and choosing to leave.

The US of A
The Good, Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by St-Patrick

IMHO Europeans are much more civilized, free, down to earth and consciously awaken than us North Americans.

With regards to European societies being more "civilized, free, down to earth and consciously awaken" compared to North America

I'd stop by a library of your choice and read up on their history for the past 150 years or more and then compare it to ours.

Good luck with that one.

PEACE

P.S.

edit on 1-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have the same "flight" instinct....but, hey maybe you just need a change...if you live rural, move to another town or city....do your research, there are younger, forward thinking areas of this country.

If spouting off to your friends and your family about what you know to be the truth is not working...than stop wasting your time. Everyone has to find the truth for themselves...I would not let it upset me though. There are many that are enlightened and when you find yourself within a group of them, you will feel comfortable.

Take care fellow ATS'er

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
this reminds me of that great quote from the Invasion of the body snatchers remake when Meg Tilly calmly tells her frantic mate who is trying to gather his family and flee the military base...

"Where you gonna go, where you gonna run, where you gonna hide? Nowhere... 'cause there's no one like you left."

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You mentioned Australia as possibility to go to if and when you leave the USA.

Let me enlighten you...Australia is Uncle Sam's errand boy. I have often said that Oz could be the next star on Old Glory. Our government is so far up your government's derriere that it makes me want to puke.

We breed sheep here too

take care all
res

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You think its bad here just head on over to Europe, lol. Not sure where your gonna find what your looking for. I've been to other countries and honestly, what we have here is still the best. Why can't you stay and try to make things better here?

The grass is never greener on the other side of the fence my friend.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Brazil??

I live here and man, are we deceived by our government. My country has 30 million people living in poverty, and yet the government just gave themselves a raise that goes from 61,8% to some low-ranking people up to 148,63% to the vice president and some ministers. And the raise of the minimum wage? Something around 7%.

And the most awesome thing about this is that nobody does a damn thing. And if you say something against them (like i do), some people will call you a communist bastard or something like that. You know why? Because almost everyone around here just want to talk about football, soap operas and Big Brother Brazil (yeah, i know, it sucks).

Nice country, isn't it?.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

exactly right, australia is baby usa. Without gun rights. Im back to new zealand although amsterdam would be nice!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You gone yet?You are consuming my families food and water could you please get out now.
edit on 3/1/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Could be hard to find a country where everybody thinks and does exactly what you like. Good luck to ya.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
You gone yet?You are consuming my families food and water could you please get out now.
edit on 3/1/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

ok, op, after reading this persons post, save a seat for me.

and.....they even edited the post.....I can't imagine what the original post looked like....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Why don't you try a little skinny dip first:

Join the Peace Corps...

Chose your country according to your preferences and skills.
You're protected by 'your government' while abroad...you know, that one you want to get away from!
You meet friends really fast and learn the culture of that country, while doing good deeds for the locals; that gives you a huge sense of reward, instead of sitting on your arse in the US and complaining about how awful your country is.
Most Peace Corps people I've ever met end up becoming importers to the USA of the local crafts of that country.

This, I reckon is the 'safe' way of making a life move....Taste the waters first.
Who knows, maybe you'll end up finding that your own country ain't that bad after all!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

What are you waiting for .Clearly you are part of the problem with this country.You may leave now.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Do the Globe Trekker thing. Find the place you love, that loves you- and stay there.

Boats need antifouling haul outs, shore time, not quite so easy to disappear at sea (unless you sink).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join