It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to leave The United States of America, I've had it.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

People are not convinced by facts, people are convinced by what you can do for them.

That is true everywhere... and its the only truth that really matters.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Originally posted by Seitler

I, for one, am looking forward to the chaos.
In times of true chaos, real leaders can rise.

You should research the meaning of true Chaos. It has nothing to do with killing people, but rather birth and creation and loving humanity... seriously... take a look at the Greek Myths behind the Original "Chaos"...

Theogony of Hesiod (written around 8th-7th century BCE) there was first Chaos, then Gaea (Earth, daughter of Chaos), and Eros (personification of love in all its manifestations). Chaos also had other offspring: Erebus (Darkness) and Nyx (Night). Ovid a poet who lived around 43 BCE gave Chaos it's modern meaning: The original formless and disordered mass from which the ordered universe is created.

Peace
edit on 3/2/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
We got weed..!

But for real, completely understand your situation, good luck with whatever it may bring you.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Then leave!!! I love how everyone thinks the grass is always greener, and instead of trying to fix this great country you just want to run away. So go ahead we dont need you we dont want you so go play in your "greener fields". Im proud to be an American. Tell me where else a 22 year old can be a home owner as a middle class worker. Have fun and get out!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by raceway40

Im proud to be an American.

Good... now go back to your TV.
Listen.
It's calling you.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
People don't know me...

I'll turn into Tupac when STHF.

I will literally morph into Tupac Shakur when it all goes down.

OUTLAW BABY.

Props to my boys in Pittsburgh steppin up to the heat when it was time... Don't worry... we will bring more noise next time.

Our voices will be heard.

Our words are weapons... Time to drop bombs and take advantage of freedom of speech while we got it.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

edit on 1-3-2011 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

Great video.

made my night complete.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I lived in a number of different countrys...would say there is no utopia anywhere. there will always be morons, fashion chasers, and ultimately most people are simply wanting to live their life...get some money, raise some kids, etc...they aren't tuned into conspiracys and all sorts of this "non sheep" stuff (which doesn't make them sheep, it simply makes them happy finding their own path).

What I find disturbing is that, since ops clearly doesn't like how his viewpoints are not everyone elses, then he must leave to find a mythical place where everyone is thinking exactly like him in dittoland.

dude, that doesn't exist...and ya, your going to find the same thing everywhere you go (unless you are going deep in a jungle or some desert in africa where society simply hasn't touched yet).

You were sickened by watching the oscars...interesting, I wasn't. But hey, thats probably because -I DIDNT WATCH THEM-.

Why do you do something you don't like, then blame the country for it...sounds like you need to change your mentality, not location...you going to goto germany and watch (and become sick from) some german movie awards ceremony?

heres an idea...if you don't like something, dont participate...you will find its like a brand new world.

and about american corporations not making any money off you...erm, american corporations are typically international conglomerates...yep, goto the UK, or even Egypt and your going to see McDonalds and all the rest.

Good luck finally getting to the horizon

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by raceway40
Tell me where else a 22 year old can be a home owner as a middle class worker.

Umm...New Zealand...

...pretty sure more than a few other countries as well...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
...you cant escape the inevitable. the only hope for us all is an ELE that culls 80-90% of the herd. we are not what was intended...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

LOL thats the best you can say about someone having pride in their country? I dont see you flying to some third world country and living there. It may not be what it was intended to be but instead of just saying stupid # why not try and do something about it. Bitching with no actions is just being a bitch.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Well I have no plans on moving to New Zealand so ill gladly stay in the USA.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Two questions for you, if you could be kind enough to answer:

1) So besides 9-11 and most not believing what you do, what don't you like about the US?

2) What do you want out of somewhere you are going to live?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

He probably wants the welfare check.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

1) So besides 9-11 and most not believing what you do, what don't you like about the US?

1.)That's basically it... I don't like this obvious deception going on... and then there is really obvious
deception with Iraq and Afghanistan.

2.) I want to live in a place that maybe is not so "Diverse"... I mean, you gotta admit... American's are still pretty divided in this country... and I'm not strictly speaking about race... They got us fighting with each other while
they run off with the money and power.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the original poster has never been outside of the USA for an extended period of time, or lived in a single other country for 6 months.

I suspect that you are looking at the rest of the world through 'rose-tinted spectacles' and so anywhere else seems more alluring.

I have traveled extensively in Europe and Mexico, and lived in the Middle East for a while, but moved back to the and am happiest here. You might be different, but I'd recommend traveling first, and "sampling" life in various environments before stating point blank that Americans are the most savage sheep on the planet.

Here are some things I missed about the US (specifically Texas).

1. Outside of the urban areas, the US still has truly massive wilderness areas. My experience of outdoor Europe was that it was much more "managed," and more like a US state park that is a tourist attraction.

2. Game laws. I love to hunt and fish. Hunting in many foreign countries is plain impossible unless you are part of the ruling elite. I have heard that this is changing as states seek American tourist investment. So my experience is definitely dated. That said, what other country (besides Canada!) has 40 million deer?

3. Cost of living. Food and housing in the US (west of the Mississippi) is about a third of what it is on the East coast or in Europe. You can buy a 3 bedroom with a large yard in a nice neighborhood in the outside of california for less that 250,000. In Texas, more like 150,000. My friends from the UK are always shocked at how even modest earners live in a "castle" in the US. Gasoline there is 9 bucks a gallon as well. I know a lot of Americans (and the OP) believe that the US 'has blood on its hands' because of manipulating the oil market. You ought to seriously read up on Europe's blood soaked record in the middle east---they are the main customers of Iraqi and Libyan oil---not the US! We have oklahoma....

4. Less Bureaucracy. Especially in Latin America, you need permission to buy a house, or even to rent an apartment! I don't know about now, but in Germany you had to "register with the police" when you moved into a neighborhood. What's up with that?

5. Dependable infrastructure. Go for a drive in Honduras in a sedan. Or heck, just Mexico. I hope you brought your own manhole covers. Streets change names every few blocks, or several streets have the same name(!) Roads may be marked but not graded or paved. And people don't pull over to park---they stop in the middle of the street and wait for police if there has been a wreck! I could write a whole thread on this topic. Suffice it to say that if you've never traveled outside of North America and Western Europe, you are in store for a real shock. Perhaps literally, since in China the utility poles are often strung with what we consider to be ....extension cord! Ever seen a fusebox for a home made out of wood and canvas? That's standard in developing countries. Oh, and get used to not drinking any water you didn't personally boil first.

6. Lack of corruption and violence. I have never been asked to pay a bribe in the US, or needed to offer one. I HAVE done that in the ME and Latin America. To get my passport back from a cop, to cross a bridge, to visit a museum that was "closed to rich americans," etc. And violence. Someone mentioned South Africa; but you need to know that Capetown was the murder capital of the world for several years, and may still be. Remember how difficult it was for the government of Aruba to investigate a murder? Did I mention that in a lot of the world, you are guilty until proven innocent. Or that you have to pay for your own food in most foreign jails. If no one on the outside buys food, guess what happens to you. Go on, guess.

7. Less racism and xenophobia. I know, I know, Americans are the most horrible racists---TV says so. But I've never seen anyone beaten and hospitalized here because they spoke with an accent. Happens all the time elsewhere. I refrain from ranking other countries, because such a sweeping generalization would be pointless. Suffice it to say that if you are Anglo, you will never be accepted in Mexico. I mean that you will never be able to legally become a Mexican citizen, and will not be allowed to own property---you'll have to pay an attorney to own it for you. If you spend time in France on business, prepare for verbal abuse if you speak with what they consider an american accent. They wont care how much you hate your homeland; you'll always be an American in their eyes, regardless of how long ago you burnt your passport.

And that's just for starters

Again, why don't you take a couple of vacations, instead of risking your life and future on a decision where you don't know many of the ramifcations.
edit on 1-3-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: (no reason given)

Part 7 is mostly bull.

Most french people can barely make themselves understood in English, let alone differentiate accents between English speaking countries. And about the american bashing, you probably came during the Bush era, today every frenchman sports an Obama T-shirt, your image has been restored.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Shot Bro !! Haha , i love it how people are haytin cause u wanna leave

I am cheering u on ! , The grass is never greener , but at least you got a lawnmower this time round,
, Leave for awhile and see if things start to get better for the U.S . You can always go back

Choices imho are a blessing, to have a choice is what freedom is all about , and no, Australia is no extension of the U.S , Its Australia , the people are no sheep , and are very clever

And Yes ! if the blood starts flowing , Ill open my can of Makaveli , for protection of course

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Since many of us can easily name about four or five things about the U.S. that are really awful these days without even having to think about it, start considering alternative places that only seem to have one or two negatives--that one could live with for the time being. Be prepared to do some serious research at that point, though--so there aren't too many unknown negatives waiting for you to discover later.

For instance, I would like to live in a country that isn't always at war. There are plenty of countries like that. As a trade-off I could live somewhere that rains a bit more than I would ideally desire for that privilege of living in a country that isn't always at war.

I would like to live in a country that isn't financially bankrupt. There are few of those still around.
OK, maybe I have to drive a little farther out to find a modern shopping center--and there's only one, not ten to choose from. I think I could handle that. I think I could live in a poor country, as long as it wasn't flat broke.
Hey, that's just me.

This is very general, but I would like to live in a country that is on the way up (with a bit of optimism), rather than on the way down?! It's hard to describe--a place where people don't walk around completely depressed out of a complete lack of hope.

I'd also like to live in a country where all of the tax dollars aren't spent on defense when schools and post offices are closing and bridges are decaying. I'd like to live in a country where the majority of people have a conscience and don't think it's OK to torture people. I'd like to live in a country that doesn't carry out false-flag terrorism against its own people every few years.

I'm tired, it's late--but you get the idea of what I'm talking about--just substitute your own preferences!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by johnny2127

1.)That's basically it... I don't like this obvious deception going on... and then there is really obvious
deception with Iraq and Afghanistan.

2.) I want to live in a place that maybe is not so "Diverse"... I mean, you gotta admit... American's are still pretty divided in this country... and I'm not strictly speaking about race... They got us fighting with each other while
they run off with the money and power.

Why the fascination with 9-11 to such an extent that it could ruin an entire country for you if others don't believe as you do? There is literally not one honest govt in the world. They don't exist. Not saying that we should accept that, but fleeing the US due to your 9-11 beliefs would not be trading it for a suddenly honest govt. Not much different than a religious fanatic wanting to only go to a country with their religious beliefs.

And I don't understand your comment about it being more diverse and then saying its not about race and further talking about people fighting within each others circles. Isn't that the same thing you're doing by getting so angry others so believe as you do?

Now a couple more questions:

1) How involved would you like a govt to be in the daily lives of the citizens in the country you seek to live in?

2) If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I don't mean this in an insultive way, just that it will help give some insight into life experience.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
To the OP:

I don't know why you'd want to come to Australia, I'm rather disliking Australia nowadays and was actually considering moving to the US sometime within a few years.

It seems everything that is considered "Australian" and whatnot is stuff I have no wish to partake in. I am apparently unaustralian but so be it, I won't really go into specifics but what is considered Australian is stuff that I just find stupid. Actually, I'll share a bit. It seems it's Australian to break the law, get into fights, get drunk and destroy the brain, procrastinate and so on.

Oh well. Maybe I'll find a place one day with people who have a bit of class and care about things that matter, since the Australian populace (in my opinion) don't ever think, I rather dislike the people them selves here.

Good luck.
edit on 2-3-2011 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join