It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to leave The United States of America, I've had it.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I googled that article seemed to go viral on wordpress type blogs no reasonable newspaper in the UK reported these types of cameras would go into homes to monitor vegetables consumption
"
Now if you want to do proper research, instead of spreading disinformation, google "family intervention projects" in the uk and try and wrap your head what and who the intervention is focusing on

www.education.gov.uk...

www.crimeandjustice.org.uk...

I've scanned across the pdf document, while I feel its important to help families stay together and help them keep a roof over there head along with working on good social networking within the community ..the intention is great....I did find some of principle ideas alittle too intrusive, however there was no mention of any cameras placed inside homes as oart of the program and commitment within the program

The crime justice link is a good link to check out (with time permitting) as it gives you an update 2010 of how the program is going (it was launched in 2009 I believe) .. its important to monitor, check and balances, recieve feedback and make adjustments as needed, most of all listen to the family members when conducting these types of programs to work out what could work for their individual specific needs.. we arent all the same

This program is for families at risk of homelessness... especially families who have teenagers who are constantly in trouble with the law, parents who struggle to keep employment... worse case scenerio, there is a program (only trailed so far) to help these families, stay together, keep a roof over there head and help lift them out of their situation (negative social behaviours) I think thats a good thing, provides hope

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
its the same everywhere. it does not matter if you leave the U.S. this will not help.

you need to take a break from what is happening outside. start examining your inner self. start asking a few questions of yourself. the answers will reveal themsleves to you.

you will find a lot of truths. you will also if you require it, find peace.

if you spend some time on this you will find that the external problems you see all around you change. they don't go away they will just change.

you might have a dear friend who smokes. you know how much harm it is doing them. you can pester them every day to stop smoking. they will not stop smoking. they will not stop until they are ready. they are not going to stop because you think they should stop. you can never tell someone else how to think.

if people didn't get sick anymore, what would all the people who want to spend their time helping the sick do?

if nobody wanted to look after the sick people would people stop getting sick?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I just read the the original post...I don't want to be influenced subconsciously by what anyone wrote or to get side tracked and respond to anyone but you.

I have spent more time thinking about what you want to do then years you probably have been alive.

Unless you have a ton of money, and can live a hermits life, there is no where to run.

There are sane groups, sane people, grounded people, people that have never watched all-star wrestling or any reality t.v......find them and associate with them.

I assume you have watched the movie "Idoicracy" (someone help me with the spelling) We can't all bail. The U.S. is still the best of the rest....( ok..if I had the money I would become a barrister in England, man I love that Country.) If I had the money....I would kick those punk kids off of that Lord of the Flies island or move in with Tatoo on fantasy island....or pal around with Hugo from Lost.

It sounds like you are just venting and I know how you feel.....If you passed me on the highway when I was listening to Glenn Beck or Rush....you would think I was either singing to Death Rock or having an epileptic seizure. The lies...The hypocrisy...Makes me want to be cryogenicly frozen.

Get involved with the Ron Paul campaign (when it happens) and/or just fight the good fight.....

Maybe Jesus died for our sins....but I look at what he did as saying...."hey, I died trying to make your world better, and I'm the son of God, do what you can do for others and I will hook you up when your time comes." It is a good vs evil world........everybody has to pick a side or one will be chosen for you.

...man, don't mean to come off as some Holy Roller.....oh, and in the mean time....Watch Jon Stewart and Colbert they are an oasis.

While telling the OP to only associate himself with "grounded" folks who don't watch all-star wrestling or reality tv, you then tell him to watch Stewart and Colbert.

And then you show the temerity to mock Beck and Limbaugh?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
Come to Australia as an illegal immigrant.
You will get better treatment then most citizens, then you can complain about it and they will give you more

illegals in Australia are those who over stay their visas, mostly from other western countries, government term is known as "overstayers"

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
They are and never wil be a better country in this world or galaxy than the United States Of America! All you people who wanna cry and try and trash my great nation can go straight to hell!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
They are and never wil be a better country in this world or galaxy than the United States Of America! All you people who wanna cry and try and trash my great nation can go straight to hell!

I think it may be time to remove the term 'United' from the name of your once great nation. There seems to be very little 'United' about your states.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Oh right, a UK gov site is going to present things in a more reasonable manner. Were you looking to fight the NWO or be part of it? You don't like a tech site like Wired.com? I'm not clicking on your .gov site thanks but no thanks. I'm already trying to avoid the US .gov sites. So as long as its for homelessness and crime prevention its ok? I knew already what it was for.

I'm thinking of that movie Minority Report....
edit on 2-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
OP
having lived both in the US and Europe, I can only tell you that moving out will be the best decision you make in your life.
You will find a healthier, exciting and more relaxed life among generally smarter people (no offence to my american friends).
The countries I can recommend are: Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria. Australia is OK too.
If you need more information feel free to message me.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Michael Jordan was in those Hanes commercials with Charlie Sheen.

why couldn't Jordan have been the one that found an interest in 9/11?

I tell you what - People would listen to him.

when Jordan speaks - people listen.

You mean the Jordan that once thought he was bored with basketball and tried to play major league baseball...and found out that he couldn't?

You mean the Jordan that then decided to become part owner and chief of operations for the Washington Wizards?

Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player ever. Nothing more or less.

End of story.

edit on 3/2/2011 by DCPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Ellen15

Oh right, a UK gov site is going to present things in a more reasonable manner. Were you looking to fight the NWO or be part of it? You don't like a tech site like Wired.com? I'm not clicking on your .gov site thanks but no thanks. I'm already trying to avoid the US .gov sites. So as long as its for homelessness and crime prevention its ok? I knew already what it was for.

I'm thinking of that movie Minority Report....

Fine stay ignorant, rant some more about cctv cameras being placed inside homes

Stick to your wordpress cut and paste viral posts

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I left San Diego over 2 years ago for Spain.
Every country has its goods and bads.
I can't complain.
The culture,food, transportation, medical all are better than the U.S. IMO.
Also the 3 B's.Beaches,Beers and Boobs.You can actually drink a beer on them and the beach scenery is amazing(Topless if desired).
When you move away you look at the world not just the U.S.
It will change your perception on life that is for sure.
I'll still go back to visit because family and friends and the beautiful landscapes but as far as how things are ran there CIAO!!!!! for now.
I still love my country by I don't love what they are doing to it.
P.s. having a wife from the country helps a lot.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

I think it may be time to remove the term 'United' from the name of your once great nation. There seems to be very little 'United' about your states.

I agree, the country definitely comes across as divided in all areas these days, including attitudes and illusions of magnificants
edit on 2-3-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

i think you'll find the welsh also speak welsh
..generally first language.

iechyd da i ti.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I would strongly suggest you speak to people who’ve already done what you’d like to do.
I have, and, I can tell you straight up you’re only going to swap one set of problems for a new set - and sometimes bigger ones (as in my case).
There are many others that say the same.

Stay where you are and do the best with what you’ve got.

peace

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Well, aren't we getting all high and mighty and insulting. You make a great agent for Nineteen Eighty Four.

Wired.com is a tech site. Maybe you work for the gov and would defend all actions as warranted.
And I just love this news report by NBC www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Well, whatever you decide to do, good luck to you.

Spending some time away from America may not be a bad thing for you to do, even if it's just for a few months. You'll quickly realize, I believe, that America isn't as bad as you think that it is and that no matter where you go, people are people and in actuality not too different from one another. (Except some are really snobby and cold toward others.) The grass isn't always necessarily greener on the other side.

Just so you know, many countries don't just let people immigrate to them without a really good reason. Germany is one of those countries, for example.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
there is an english speaking country in central america - go there

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
how about iceland , they all pretty much speak english , the economy is better , clean green land and about a quarter of a million people on the entire island, I've considered going myself in the near future and I live in ireland. Ireland could be a good choice but most youngsters are going or have gone down under , they can't find work that matches their skills.the government just changed and thee new bunch are another bunch of liars , they'll just blame the previous bunch for the countries problems. So goodluck on your new life but be careful , don't just up and leave.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
As they say another man's grass always looks greener.
The whole world is ignorant to many issues. I personally know people who "Don't want to know what's going on" and are pretty happy being slaves to the system, I get really frustrated and can't understand why... i think they feel safer no knowing. Weird..

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Ellen15

Well, aren't we getting all high and mighty and insulting. You make a great agent for Nineteen Eighty Four.

Wired.com is a tech site. Maybe you work for the gov and would defend all actions as warranted.

Why dont you google about the site (wired) and find out about their FBI/CIA relationship and also how the site is being dismissed by many expert tech groups these days

The article you posted went viral on wordpress blog type websites, NOT on any news outlet or independent news outlet that would be deemed credible... it was a cut and paste that went viral...exactly the same wording, look at the write up, nothing investigative journalistic about it

The program is about community groups working together and helping families at risk, ie social workers, health care workers, schools, courts, housing department with government funding ... like i said in an earlier post, while i find the concept worthwhile some of their principle ideas in the pdf i did find alittle intrusive, 2010 a review that was done on the program, stating areas that are working, some arent working, need for improvement etc etc etc

Your position is that families at risk should not be helped, should not be supported by the community.. Im saying they should be helped, ie social workers, school, health professionals etc etc

edit on 2-3-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join