It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to leave The United States of America, I've had it.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

You mentioned Australia as possibility to go to if and when you leave the USA.

Let me enlighten you...Australia is Uncle Sam's errand boy. I have often said that Oz could be the next star on Old Glory. Our government is so far up your government's derriere that it makes me want to puke.

We breed sheep here too

take care all
res

I agree,
The difference with countries outside the USA, citizens know when their governments lie and say so, there is none of this full on blind partsianship even if you voted for that government like it seems to be in the USA, blind obama/democratic voters never seem to call out when their own party stuff ups, where as in our countries we do... we call out, we dont care who they are if they say or do something

anyways.......
None of the above really matters nor is applicable as the OP has already said they are broke and cant afford to leave

besides OP you would need at least 2 years funds min to fully support yourself, that includes:

* medical care, our national health care system isnt free at the point of delievery for you, dont jam the emergency departments at the hospitals, pay the $50 to see a GP ffs
* you pay alittle more tax than australian citizens do
* you dont qualify for any government assistance, ie disability, parental allowance, family payments nor should you

I cant remember what the due process is now (lenght of time) to apply to become a citizen 5 years?

If you have a record you wouldnt be allowed to enter any country, even if you had a passport and obtained a visa

If you ever do manage to smuggle yourself out of the USA above all never complain about the hosting country and make out things are better back home.. that really annoys the citizens

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Oh come on Iranian lurker this is no place to kick start a protest, see you @the 2012 "zion" games yeah

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Im taking action by starting a farm and Im not going to ever earn a dollar again. Self sustain.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I DON'T BELIEVE!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yeah lol come to Australia if you want the smaller version of America... If i was you id probably go to Germany.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Good... our country doesn't need cowards like you.
I bet when wherever you moves runs into a problem you'll move from there as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Yeah lol come to Australia if you want the smaller version of America... If i was you id probably go to Germany.

Quoted for the Truth.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

UK has more CCTV cameras per capita than any other country on earth

Yes, methinks Doomsday wants to be free where all the CCTV cams are. Britain has a nice program for CCTV inside the homes of families, where Big Bro can watch and be sure the kiddies are eating their broccoli.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Britain has a nice program for CCTV inside the homes of families, where Big Bro can watch and be sure the kiddies are eating their broccoli.

over 60 million is the population in the UK (give or take)

Thats alot of cameras inside homes... got a link for this claim?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I hope you find the Utopia that you think exsists out there. I believe you will just be exchanging one set of problems for another or maybe the same problems in a different location.

We're all in this together, like it or not, and not everyone that is awake to what is going on and has credability is going to come out and say so, as they maybe putting their life or career on the line. They maybe doing things behind the scenes that your not aware of.

If you want to quit, quit. Maybe your not as "awake" as you think you are.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Come to Australia. The language is the same except for some slang words. We make rear wheel drive V8s, love sports and have amazing beaches. We love beer, wine and eating cow! My first post on ATS. I have been a visitor for a while.

I understand your despair at the apathy in the US. I do think it is worse there than in Europe and Australia. Good Luck with your choice.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniris

Part 7 is mostly bull.

Most french people can barely make themselves understood in English, let alone differentiate accents between English speaking countries. And about the american bashing, you probably came during the Bush era, today every frenchman sports an Obama T-shirt, your image has been restored.

The racism doesn't have to be directed at me, to be a factor in choosing not to live in a given location.

I wasn't thinking of france in particular, but let's consider it. There definitely IS racism in France; certainly according to the arab minority. The riots a couple of years back were as bad as any race-riots in the USA. Sure, maybe the minority is in error, but that wont help you when they are tipping over your car and setting it on fire.

Anti-semitism is not exactly shriveling up and dying in france either. And racism against Africans is still palpable. I have a friend who went to school in france having grown up in Cameroon, and he was sure that there were more open doors for him in Atlanta than in Paris. Sure, that's anecdotal, but on the other hand, I think you could find many black across Western Europe who would agree.

Not saying that any country is perfect; just that a traveler needs to consider racial tension along with other factors when he travels. In most cases, it's a question of relative risk.

Edit to add.

OOPS, I see where I did go off about French not liking american accents. I apologize. It was my experience, which is indeed now dated. Many americans passed themselves off as "canadians" to avoid the ruckus. I got most of my grief from bureaucrats, rather than individual french folk. I'll have to buy an Obama shirt if I travel abroad again....
edit on 2-3-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

I never said they were in every home. As usual people have to misread things. But yah a link for you on the cams.

"£400 million ($668 million) will be spend on installing and monitoring CCTV cameras in the homes of private citizens. Why? To make sure the kids are doing their homework, going to bed early and eating their vegetables. The scheme has, astonishingly, already been running in 2,000 family homes"

source: www.wired.com...

Here is just the general CCTV use "There are up to 4.2m CCTV cameras in Britain - about one for every 14 people. " Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe in S America though, they cant always afford this kind of surveillance.

Wanna go to Argentina? "The health needs of the poor in Argentina (and of a sizable proportion of the working class) is attended to by the public hospital system, which received funding of around US$8 billion in 2009, and whose quality of care typically falls short of the systems relied on by the nation's middle and upper classes (health cooperatives and private health insurance); health care for poor (and most non-poor) senior citizens is overseen by PAMI." source: en.wikipedia.org...

Then you could live in Argentina and still depend on the US for Socialized medicine.

But really, I think we need to be asking why we are paying for healtchare in Argentina?

edit on 2-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
My opinion
ON'T MOVE.

Wherever you go you will face the same problems,only in a different scale.Stay in the States and try to make the best you can.Wake up as many people as you can.I know it is disappointing at times,but even if you manage to to convice 1% of the people you talk to it's a win.

By leaving is like you admit defeat.This is what they want.
Stand and fight.
Remember we are by your side.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Your life ,your decision. Fight it or leave it .
I can understand you about your frustration ..Americans can't remember what year 9/11 happened

edit on 1-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

I can't believe more people haven't commented on this?! Really tragic.

This video deserves it's own thread (if it hasn't had one already).

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm from Dutch/American descent. My grandfather was a CMS at Edwards AFB working on the SR-71 (Charles O. Morgan) and met my grandmother, while he was stationed in The Netherlands for a while. They had kids, went back to the States, my mom somehow ended up in Holland/Germany where she met my dad, a Dutchie.
Having spent half of my life in Holland, and the other half in the US I think I have enough experience to say that it really doesn't matter where you're at. Both have their pro's and cons. Personally, I love the American way of living, and the European way of thinking.
But in recent years both places have been changing drastically and not necessarily for the best. I used to want to move back to the US but the way things are going now I'm not so sure. Then again, the European Union is becoming more and more controlling over the people here in ways most don't even realize, and it's becoming quite scary (Lisbon Treaty i.e.). The US/UN are like hidden layers of government over the EU and their local governments, everything as a double agenda.
So whether you think the grass is really greener on the other side, you might end up bitterly disappointed
edit on 2-3-2011 by IofRa because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by IofRa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Don't go. Stay and fight. Who knows? Maybe you'll join the resistance. Believe me when I tell you that the stuff that history is made of is ahead for America. You want to live the days where the government is the people and nothing is done without their permission. So do I. And so do the majority of Americans. Leaving your earth, means running away from your beliefs, and that means accepting defeat against the upper government. You may say, but it's just me, my departure isn't going to affect the future of the country. But it does. Because 1+1=2, and before you know it there won't be much people to make a difference.

Few people equals absolute dominance. In the masses there is always someone with the idea.

And the idea is the most powerful weapon of all. It can unite the masses.

Do you have the idea?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
to the OP,

while i certainly agree with your feelings to move, for the reasons posted, the question becomes "where to next?"
while this USofA has been in a state of decay, most of the world is too and it's an eventuality that the place you go to for solace, will bow to the encroachment of the cancer that is a world wide one.....maybe even terminal for the human race. me thinks, what you need is simply a change of pace. a life less complicated and without less suckling on the teat of msm, apathy and most of all, AMERICAN IDOL type exposure.

pull up and move to another region of the country, further south, or east,and spend a year to decide on whether you want to finally bounce out of here.

last october, i got fed up and took a vacation to south america for 2 weeks, and i was totally recharged, but also had a plan or an idea of where i WOULD go if i truly said "THATS IT...".i didnt spend any time in the tourist traps, i talked with the locals and inquired into realty, self sustinance(sp) and other areas of interest and i've now added that place to my 'go to' options if i've had enough.

either way, i wish you the best, but dont make emotional decisions, make logical ones.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I use to post here at ATS all the time... and then I realized there are so many good posters here that I just became a lurker. This is the greatest forum on the internet... there is no doubt about that.

Anyway, recently I got in a argument about 9/11 with a family member and suddenly it dawned on me... There is no hope for this country. Yes, people are waking up, but not the right people. I don't care if somebody like Charlie Sheen is awake... I need somebody like Michael Jordan to be awake.... somebody with some credibility.

The 9/11 truth movement lost... We failed.

And because we failed, I'm going to do what somebody suggested and leave this country, and when I leave, I don't want to come back, and I don't want to move somewhere close to this place like Canada or Mexico. I want to go to somewhere far like Germany or Australia... just get me out of this nation filled with sheep.

I don't want to pay taxes to fund this military, and I don't want any American corporation to make one more dollar from me so long as the official story of 9/11 is supported by the masses.

This county just flat out sucks... the other day I was watching the Oscars and I was literally sick to my stomach.
We are a nation that does nothing but worship idols. Look, i can go on and on and on... I'm sure this nothing new to ATS... I just need a place to vent right now.

Again... thank you ATS for letting me know that not everybody in this country is blind... but the truth is all we are doing is talking, we aren't doing any action... Well for me personally it's time for some action. Enough Talk already... and unless somebody can convince me otherwise, the only logical action to take right now is to pack my bags and leave this country for good.

thanks for reading.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

LOL! "...someplace like Germany or Australia? "...9/11 truth movement?"

Look pal......this is a huge country. Get out of the liberal bastions and "SEE" the USA.

.....in your Chevrolet.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Come to Australia as an illegal immigrant.
You will get better treatment then most citizens, then you can complain about it and they will give you more

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join