It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The chemical biological stuff scares the beejeezusss outya me...

Not sure I would want to live when my eyelids have melted, my lips too, severe nerve toxins...twitchin like a 1970's speed junky.....man thats just spooky...thanks man..now I am scared again..

Finger nails and hair fall out...the few that did make a fallout shelter now think I'm a zombie....tough world...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
...the worst would be a scenario with no beer, bait or ammo...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

You definitely have a point there Amigo. You might add Burritos and Pizza to that list to go along with the Beer!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I retained knowledge at a young age. At 23 years old when Katrina hit us head on in Pass Christian, ( the place no one talks about when katrina is spoken of), after I survived with my training, and my solar intelligence, small and large arms, along with shortwave and Ham.

I survived with relative ease, and actually used my air compressor to make a hand pump water source from a natural spring.

My point is this many years later I have evem accumilated more skills and more wisdom and I fear nothing, unless a gigantic wall of water comes which of course I cannot stop nor do anything about, or if a fireball falls upon my head.

Other than that, nothing can shake me or my will, God has already taken so many loved ones away from me for their spot in heaven, I have no more fear of loss.

So bring anything on! It's all about will, the saying if there is a will there is a way is one of the truest ever!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I don't particularly like these kinds of threads because you don't know whose really watching and it also tells what all our strengths, weaknesses and fears are.

Well, I try to hide my personal info to the average internetter out there, but I don't mind giving the serious data-miners something to stick in their dossier every now and then—not like I could hide anything from them, were they persistant.

Who knows, maybe I have a fan out there somewhere amongst the 'gatherers'.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Great question! I think my biggest fear is the 'un-seen' enemy like a bilogical attack or virus. As an Army vet, I can fight, but it scares me to death thinking of those training videos they showed me about the effects of disease and biological attack. Spooky sh!#!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Directed Energy weapons.

I'd rather wander thru a post-nuclear world than face a world post-Directed Energy warfare.

Nuclear weapons are no longer the worse weapon man possess's. Dead carcasses wouldn't even ROT because all bacteria on the bodies would be dead from Directed Energy warfare. Picture that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would strive to survive anything. But I would hold out the option of an "early out" should disease, injuries or whatever make me a burden. I would do what I've read Native American's did with their old. Just walk away, no notice, no trace to find a quiet corner to die in piece.
I also have a Living Will now. I consider them both to be the same thing. Sometimes death is better than being a burden and avoiding the inevitable.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I had to do look up what exactly what a Direct Energy Weapon was. After treading a bit I realized that I already knew. After reading even more....Ive come to the conclusion this is one thing I pray I will never come in contact with.

Back on topic I know I wont survive a Zombie Apocalypse, I cant move fast enough.. my son says he will use me as bait to save himself though

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
I would definitely not want to be in a "last-man-on-earth" scenario.

Chak takes Monts ticket.

TotalSHTF(TPTWere)= RESET

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i would definitely not want to survive a NWO depopulation scenario where i would have to be a slave for the rest of my life

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Surviving a nuclear event that wipes out life on most of planet would be an unthinkable...the sickness that would certainly eventuate and the lack of medical resources would be a slow and perhaps agonizing death.

I would rather face invasion by aliens, zombies or a war on home soil so that I at least have a chance to hook up with like minds and try to effect a victory.

Movies like Threads (about a nuclear holocaust - a British film if I am correct?) are quite disturbing and one can imagine just how bad this would be if it did occur.

Of all the scenarios I choose the quick death.

take care all

res
edit on 28-2-2011 by resistancia because: spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Anything that would mean a long, lingering or painful death.

Oh, wait that's called marriage

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyStardust

The irony of this statement is perhaps that you don't know just how much of a slave you are, already.

Much of our freedom is a carefully crafted illusion, a Disneyesque façade, and few have managed to see the nasty grime beneath the glitz and carnival rides.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

2 bad scenarios. Nuclear apocalypse...slow cruel death. And a global virus that would decimate the world population little by little. The animal die-offs migrating to humans. Not good.

In any ELE scenario, a quick death is fine by me.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Surviving the Nuclear war SHTF would be the easiest one. I have a lot of training on that courtesy of the government. Plus a lot of people here would make it easy by opting out because they have many misconceptions of what the problems would be.
Most of what you have heard about radiation and nuclear winter is bogus as they are not enough nuclear weapons left to cause the problems that they would have 30 years ago.

Chemical and biological war would be hard if you were in a city. You might have little problems if you were in a rural area and they did not use persistent agents.

The hard one would be a invasion by a large enemy force. In that case i would see how many i could take out with toxins and other slow acting poisons for slaves in the afterlife. You would be surprised at how many ways you can cause a slow and painful death to a enemy force without even firing a shot by adding thing like mercury to there food or drink.
Other things like methyl alcohol added to there booze or antifreeze in booze,
Arsenic in food in small amounts is quite painful.
Bug poisons in small amounts can also be very painful.

Even blood pressure meds added to food or drink of someone with normal blood pressure would leave them unable to fight back without passing out as you nailed them to the floor and had fun.
Stake them down on a fire ant hill and watch the fun.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Invasion of the Burning Legion.
Deffinitely not that!

That is the only one that is not horrific, for that is based on: SEND LOVE. They can't stand that frequency, but if you're sincere in your compassion, you can ask for their light to be gently turned up so some of them can make U-Turns. I want everyone to make it home and progress.

Learn to do retrievals.

Same for the bad aliens, though they're pretty much the same, what they're bringing into those dumbs.

I don't welcome any survival scenario. But if whatever it is, allows there to still be some resources left, group people up and build yurts if the buildings are in shambles, sift the soil for seeds, and sungaze at dawn for energy, remember giving unblocks recieving and don't forget prayer and meditation or whatever positive practices work best for you. I received a message on this, that those who would push to the front of the lineup will be shoved to the back, I think it was a metaphor, but, the loaves and the fishes and sharing came to mind there.

I don't think clinging to life is the goal, since this isn't even a great dream really, but Love is real.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by Gazrok
I know it's the Survival forum...but what SHTF Scenarios would you NOT want to survive?

For me, I think I'd rather go quickly than live in a Zombie Apocalypse or a post-Nuclear War (global) environment. I think we'd likely go bonkers anyhow if constantly trying to get away from zombies, or if most vegetation was atomized, etc.

I wouldn't mind a zombie one, always wanted to try my slaying powers hehe.

I don't like nukes and what they can cause later on, same with a major catastrophic volcano eruption. I don't think it would be enjoyable to live after that but then again it would be an experience and to have lived through it would be a miracle.

I watched the movie "The Road" and that movie really creeped me out. I thought wow this could really happen. I thought if I would want to live like that or take the Charlize Theron way out in the movie if I were to have survived. I know life is a gift but living after something like that would be very traumatic I would think.

Well said and I saw the movie "The Road" as well, great movie btw, but I don't think I'd care to live in that scenario. Another good movie to watch that is similar to "The Road" is "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington its a killer movie one of the best i've seen in a while in the post apacalyptic genre. Another good movie to watch dealing with a different apacalyptic event is "The Happening" staring Mark Wahlberg, nature fights back in that one really interesting movie.
edit on 28/2/11 by Aliensdoexist because: Because I can and don't need a reason no permission to edit my own farking post its kinda like "wiping your butt after taking a crap", you don't have to but you'll smell much better if you do!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to survive any SHTF scenario that involves loss of freedom. Other than that, bring it on! I mean, somebody has to repopulate the planet, right?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by czygyny
reply to post by ZiggyStardust

The irony of this statement is perhaps that you don't know just how much of a slave you are, already.

Much of our freedom is a carefully crafted illusion, a Disneyesque façade, and few have managed to see the nasty grime beneath the glitz and carnival rides.

i'm well aware of our current "slavery." you'd have to be pretty stupid to be a member of ATS and still be blind to what's going on around you. all i'm saying is that in NWO takeover it would be a lot worse and i wouldn't wanna be around to experience it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join