It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
I've seen my kids after katrina and I know for a FACT kids cannot survive without electricity.

So knowing what I am in for, by default I would not want to survive with the lights being out for more than a few weeks.

I agree,
I can't think of any scenario I wouldn't want to at least try and survive, but once I place my family and children in the equation it changes everything and makes it that much harder to find supplies for all involved and I don't like seeing them suffer mentally or physically. If I knew back then what I know now, I may not have even considered having children so that they wouldn't suffer. If what is about to happen is the real deal, then I will forever feel guilt because of my choices made years ago. Thats what worries me, everyday now.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostsock
Back on topic I know I wont survive a Zombie Apocalypse, I cant move fast enough.. my son says he will use me as bait to save himself though

IF THE ZOMBIES ARE REMOTE CONTROLLED SLAVES ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS FIND WHERE THEY ARE BEING CONTROLLED FROM AND SHUT EM DOWN. Sorta like surrogate movie..
edit on 3/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
I would definitely not want to be in a "last-man-on-earth" scenario. That would truly suck.

Unless you had to re-populate the species with all the women that were left

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Unless there were a TON of women left that would actually be pretty awful. There wouldn't be enough genetic raw material to maintain a viable breeding population - the entire next generation would share half their genes with each other. A couple of generations down the road what's left of humanity would be wracked with recessive genetic disorders and would probably all die to a plague as an essential human monoculture.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I know it sounds soppy but I'm not sure I'd want to survive anything that my fiance didn't. Likewise with kids, if and when I have them. As long as they're still around I'm down for braving anything.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by enleve

Originally posted by malcr

Unless there were a TON of women left that would actually be pretty awful. There wouldn't be enough genetic raw material to maintain a viable breeding population - the entire next generation would share half their genes with each other. A couple of generations down the road what's left of humanity would be wracked with recessive genetic disorders and would probably all die to a plague as an essential human monoculture.

Hey, if England can do it, so can you.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It was a cold feburary day when it came...some say it was a virus targetting a specific gene, some say it was gods judgement, whatever it was, all we were sure of is that the entire female population died overnight.

The men wandered around, some discussed cloning technology to keep the race alive.

Well me...I simply decided to go skydiving without a parachute verses hang out in a world sized mens only club.

Anything else I would give it a fighting chance...but should something eliminate all females, ya...game over man, game over!

oh...and to add similar to that, there was a warning song about a weather condition "Its raining men". That is not just dangerous, its sort of creepy...I mean, you can't even make an umbrella that can reflect and refract falling males...just think of the gruesome scene of broken men all over the place everytime it clouds up...ya, not a fan of that either.
edit on 1-3-2011 by SaturnFX because: spoofyness

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I would say a chemical or biological attack would not be my choice for a survival situation. Do not sign me up for the first injection of Ebola or Plague please? Or it's cousin Hunta. Other than that being on the outskirts of a nuclear disaster or attack would be second. I kind of like my flesh where it is, all though not pretty and quite hairy I do enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Look I'm a dad and now a grandfather so we have a different take of life and SHTF
It doesn't matter to me how much I suffer or whatever extra burden I have to shoulder as long as my family, my kids and lovely granddaughter can live happy healthy lives...

ya know what they say no challenge to great but when it comes to Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?
than my answer is simply any scenario where my little family does not survive... without them then everything else is pointless
edit on 1-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: fixing yet another typo

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

The way I see it...

Fascism and control is the current operating system we are faced with. Bring on a SHTF event!! A global cleansing is in order; the human experiment failed and needs to be shut down. For some reason our DNA won't allow us to live in peace and love. Who wants to live in a situation where you are considered different and called a "people like you" at every opportunity. Frankly I'm sick and tired of it!!

Iv'e made peace with my maker and I'm ready to go out in a blaze of glory and go shake hands with JESUS.

edit on 1-3-2011 by whaaa because: moderate sarcasm

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well you know you and I agree on a lot of things like this one...

I'm to old to go picking a fight but if that's where its headed...
I might not win but "They" will sure as hell know they've just been in a fight before it's all over for me

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

LOL, Burning Legion was so 4 years ago.
I would simply equip my cata gear and pwn the Burning Legion!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have a family with small kids so any scenario is going to be tough. But as much as I would like to say that I would rather be one of the first to go, the actual reality of it is I know I'm a fighter. I have dreams all the time of survival, constantly on the run. My ancestors were the first settlers of several different towns across the nation. It's in my blood and I know I could do it.

What I would absolutely NOT want to survive would be a scenario where my whole family but me was wiped out. Regardless if I want to or not, if I survive then there was a reason for it and I will do my best to keep going on. This whole world, this life is all a test, if we just gave up and died then we fail.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
De-evolution. I wouldn't want to lose my ability to form conscience thought.
Knowledge is preferable to ingorance.

Or a massive super gay orgy, rather die.
Hit by astroid isn't bad.

Alien nasal probe could cause brain damage and the one true situation I would want to die is, if NASA is destroyed by religious zealots and earths goes back into the darkages.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Im gonna go with the nuclear one.
Maybe a eruption too.
Zombies wouldn't be all that bad.. always dreamt about slaying some heheh.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It does not matter what any of you say here. I can assure you all when the SHTF events come about, you will all do whatever you can to survive.

This is the reason we are here to have this discussion today. The survival instinct is so powerful you have no idea what you will or will not do or how you will act until things go south.

I would not be surprised if very trying times have not confronted mankind before. We somehow made it through that, surely we can make it again; if enough are lucky enough and tough enough to survive the SHTF event.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I could handle Zombies and natural disasters and such. I don't think I would want to survive the Nuclear one though.

i'd have to say, that the natural disasters i'd be sorta ok with, the zombies too and even the nuclear, but with stipulations.

so long as i'm not necessarily at the epicenter of the nuke, or the natural disasters, cool. The zombies too, but so long as the zombies arent the TRI-ATHLETES as seen in '28days' and '28 weeks' later.....lol!

the moment i see either of those in person, like the second line, my frustration will be vocalized! "awwww...SON OF A b!^#%$!!"

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
In my present mind state, I would want to survive anything that came along, for survival is such a key instinct for us, I would also want my children to survive, even more than myself, but if my children didn't make it, then I think I would not want to go on, my life would be meaningless without my children.

Of course if pushed, then Zombie apocolypse is one I would rather not survive, but I also wouldn't want to survive as a zombie either, I'msure eating people isn't all its cracked up to be lol

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Worst case scenarios... worldwide hot nuke war and millions suffering from very severe burns and radiation sickness, neutron bomb war, freak massive solar prominence fries Earth, another Nazi-like holocaust in which we're enslaved for slave hard labor and suffer torture and death at the hands of some vicious new SS (same applies to malicious space aliens enslaving all of us for hard labor), then you have stuff like a huge Yellowstone caldera eruption that renders the USA unlivable, asteroid impact, and so forth.

Bottom line: surviving with me personally having very severe burns and lacerations with no medical help (similar to Hiroshima) or coming under some inescapable holocaust wherein I would be pressed into hard labor as a slave with torture and humiliation a daily occurence... those sorts of things, I guess I would rather check out via suicide upon the realization that the situation was only going to get worse if I were to hang on.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mindfreak21

C'mon baby, you know what they say,....
Once you gone dead you never go back!
Don't knock it till ya try it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join