It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
I would definitely not want to be in a "last-man-on-earth" scenario.

I guess that would be me too.
Being the last one on earth
would be a worse nightmare.

All that pressure of writing of the
apocalypse on those cave
walls tends to drag one down.

Course, I'd probably have to pull
an Alex Jones rant and say:

I told ya so
I told ya so
I told ya so
I told ya so

but nobody would hear it

lol

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That super solar flare like in the movie Knowing. I would not want to survive on the planet after that one. Other than that, game on!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
horny gay zombies
i wood be fine with normal zombies, or just about any apocalypse situation, but throw gayness in there and id rather hang ma self hang ma self..hahaha

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
an aggressive alien invasion would scare the pants off of me

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Being the last one on earth would be a worse nightmare... I told ya so but nobody would hear it...

Boon, he didn't say last human. He said "last man". All the women in the cave would hear you just fine.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

hat kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?,

Race Riots

With the current divisions in America; this is a probable scenario as we march ever closer to Fascism.
edit on 28-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Not to sound off like I'm full of bravado but there is nothing I wouldn't want to survive. This is my life, I like it and I will fight for it until the very final breath.

I would suffer through any pain if it meant ultimate survival into the future. Most of the most horrid things will result in death, it may be prolonged and painful but pain is meaningless when death is imminent.

Remember the only real way to ensure you lose is to give up.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

funny stuff in here.......i want to survive all of them ive been watching man vs wild for the past few days i'm ready.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I wouldnt want to survive the scenario where SHTF and then we return to where we came from.
I couldnt do this **** again - I would be fine being the last one on earth or living in a world of zombies or having to eat someone else to survive - but if I had to go through the SHTF only to see it return to this I would pull the trigger - by return to this i mean: people starving all over the world while others drive round is million dollar cars, spend billions on killing each other, poison the environment for profit and build things that do not even last to beat the competition. When the SHTF I hope we remember where we went wrong and do it right next time - otherwise im out.
edit on 1-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Zombie outbreak.

that or communist takover.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Zombies = Disneyland for the armed! I'd have a field day(or years) should that happen. WooooHoooo!

Nukes...Well, if I can't get out on time and get underground or in a cave with sufficient supplies and some form of transport, oh well. I intend to survive otherwise.

Total War disaster scenario...You bet I'm the fightin' type...

Natural disasters/disease..If I survive the initial blow, I'll make a life for myself in the brave new world.

Honestly, I'm not afraid to live in such conditions. I'm not afraid to die. I am afraid to not live life no matter how it is presented and I will do my best to survive.

If survival isn't an option, then the Heavenly Father will place me where I belong as it sees fit.

edit on 1-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
No shtf will be easy.

Your "will" to survive all depends on what you want to hold onto or preserve.

One of the first things I was taught on my survival courses is: " do you want to survive" . If you have no will to survive you have almost signed you fate.

I don't have a particular scenario I would not want to give up the fight, given I still had "will" and the people I care for.

Take away all you live for and I can assure you most people will loose hope.

Nuclear, Chemical, (Direct Energy Weapon) are by no means nice ways to survive.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
for me it would be Peak Oil, because I don´t want to live like a North Korean.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
lol Gazrok ..nice avatar...i

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I would say, I might tell you...(there certainly are a lot of them - so a "self destruct" pill is essential)

but why even go there?

You ever hear of "manifest reality?"

This is when you are thinking of someone calling and they do.
You are creating reality with your thoughts.
Cautious optimism is great but there are too many threads dwelling on terror topics, asking people to be dark and negative in their predictions and creations....I think prematurely.

Thoughts manifest reality.
Think positive.

Bring about something nice...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
mass destruction of the earth either comet or pole shift kind of stuff. Id get myself killed probably no point living in a literal destroyed world right

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Yup I saw both of those (The Happening and The Book of Eli). I liked The Happening and that one was creepy because of where it came from. The Book of Eli I didn't think I would like but I was surprised I actually liked it.

I like apocolypitc movies and the different scenarios there are. Kind of makes me think of what I would do in that situation

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm not sure I'd want to survive any SHTF event. Where would I get my cigarrettes from? (I've given up three times in a week..I get too grumpy)
...lights a cig

However, I would be able to grow my own weed.

Though, being stoned with zombies around may get a little too freaky.

I like my home comforts too much I guess.

edit on 1-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Any kind of mass extinction apocalyptic scenario for me would be just too much. If all I had to worry about was myself i would rather just go out in the first wave and not have to struggle to survive cause I think it would be worse prolonging your own inevitable demise.

However, I have children and I just can't see myself giving up and sacrificing their lives just cause I want to be lazy and say screw it. So I guess the only one I can say that I wouldn't want to survive would be nuclear cause even if you survive the first wave of destruction you know that eventually the radiation pollution is gonna get ya. Anything else I would do my best to survive and find a way to make a life for myself and my family by whatever means necessary.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I know it's the Survival forum...but what SHTF Scenarios would you NOT want to survive?

For me, I think I'd rather go quickly than live in a Zombie Apocalypse or a post-Nuclear War (global) environment. I think we'd likely go bonkers anyhow if constantly trying to get away from zombies, or if most vegetation was atomized, etc.

Really?! I've always thought the Zombie Apocalypse would be my moment to shine, baby!

The only scenario I wouldn't want would be on that happened soon (while my daughter is still co-dependent). Once every member of my family can run and do basic tasks, I'd be up for just about anything other than watching them slowly starve. I would really really really rather not have to cut off my body parts to feed my family...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join