It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I know it's the Survival forum...but what SHTF Scenarios would you NOT want to survive?

For me, I think I'd rather go quickly than live in a Zombie Apocalypse or a post-Nuclear War (global) environment. I think we'd likely go bonkers anyhow if constantly trying to get away from zombies, or if most vegetation was atomized, etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to survive a sea monkey apocalypse

other than that I'm good with any scenario

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I know it's the Survival forum...but what SHTF Scenarios would you NOT want to survive?

For me, I think I'd rather go quickly than live in a Zombie Apocalypse or a post-Nuclear War (global) environment. I think we'd likely go bonkers anyhow if constantly trying to get away from zombies, or if most vegetation was atomized, etc.

I wouldn't mind a zombie one, always wanted to try my slaying powers hehe.

I don't like nukes and what they can cause later on, same with a major catastrophic volcano eruption. I don't think it would be enjoyable to live after that but then again it would be an experience and to have lived through it would be a miracle.

I watched the movie "The Road" and that movie really creeped me out. I thought wow this could really happen. I thought if I would want to live like that or take the Charlize Theron way out in the movie if I were to have survived. I know life is a gift but living after something like that would be very traumatic I would think.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I've seen my kids after katrina and I know for a FACT kids cannot survive without electricity.

So knowing what I am in for, by default I would not want to survive with the lights being out for more than a few weeks.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I could handle Zombies and natural disasters and such. I don't think I would want to survive the Nuclear one though.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hope for our future is what ultimately keeps us going onward. There is a psychology to survival. Without hope or comfort, (relatively speaking), simple survival is not enough. We can live today but never lose sight of the fact that there is no guarantee on tomorrow. There is only the hope for tomorrow.
A simple way of looking at it however is dependent on the severity of the survival situation and the level of preparation devoted to it. The real questions we need to ask ourselves are how far are we willing to go? At what point is it simply not worth it to try and thrive? How long can we last simply surviving day to day without hope?
Sure you can find a cave with plenty of water and bring along food for months and even years. You could stay alive, but for what? You are surviving on the hopes that the situation will improve and you will eventually move from that cave to something better. You see anybody can simply survive, but without the will to go on and ultimately thrive it is all for not.
For more on the psychology of survival:
www.equipped.com...
As for me I do not want to survive an extinction level event. Any situation where survival is nothing more than a slow and painfull reprieve from the inevitable. If I had to watch my loved ones suffer through starvation or worse I don't think I would want to continue. A major nuclear war or asteroid impact are the two big ones that come to mind.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Assuming there would be life after a solar storm, I for darn sure wouldnt wanna experience it.

Wouldnt mind the zombie scenario though, put some of those video game killing skills to good use.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would definitely not want to be in a "last-man-on-earth" scenario. That would truly suck.

I also wouldn't like any kind of nuclear holocaust situation where everything is burnt and dead... kind of like the one from "The Road".

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Invasion of the Burning Legion.
Deffinitely not that!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I would probably try to survive whatever came about but I would have serious doubts about continuing to live if we were invade by "bad" aliens..like the ones on that tom cruise movie..

Zombies??? is that even a possibility? I wouldn't want to survive that either...that movie Dawn of the dead freaks me out...but now I have to watch it!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hi! I just watched Ice Age by the Discovery channel dvd this weekend. It was about the Cromagon, and the Neanderthals in Europe 10,000 years ago durring the last ice age. These humans we nearly extinct from starvation and freezing to death at night. There were 30 ice age eras. The people did not hunt mamoths, only scavenged their dead carcuses when available. The dvd talked about the people living in groups of 30 for huinting and gathering societies, and in groups of 100 for the permanent agricultural societies. In the latter group the people had assigned jobs to perform daily becomming specialized experts in their job. Their society advanced quicker and was more successful. They were into tatoos and religious rituals. Durring the worst periods of weather they spent more time cave drawing. There is alot to learn from these people.
I would not want to have mean people wandering around hurting and stealing from others. Life would be challenging enough already.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
I've seen my kids after katrina and I know for a FACT kids cannot survive without electricity.

So knowing what I am in for, by default I would not want to survive with the lights being out for more than a few weeks.

WEAK. Thousands or perhaps millions of years of evolution, without electricity, and you'd throw in the towel rather than face life without electricity? What has happened to us in just 100 years? Geeeeeesh

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would be down to "try " and survive just about any situation accept one. If I came home and my ex-wife was there and had some court ordered docs saying she had to live there....well sorry friends im afraid that would be the end of your buddy saintsjunky!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think I could handle just about any scenario , as long as all the survivors didn't mutate into Austin Powers look-alikes .

edit on 28-2-2011 by ReRun because: removed thought crimes

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Either post-nuclear or man-based theocracy.

The thought of everything oozing radiation or a society of rigid pseudo-religiosity would be intolerable to me.

Gee, some folks live those situations in every way, every day.

I know can handle simple, hardscrabble living in a harsh but somewhat neutral situation that allows me to think for myself.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
A scenerio where I gotta be comfortable everyday why lost in reality...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Since I've used up about 90% of the luck I've ever had in the last 60+ years I would probably not survive the initial holocaust scenario. If I did, I would have to loose the extra 60 Lbs I've put on over the years so I could at least have a shot at continuing survival. That would probably be much easier as food would be scarce but I would have to survive long enough to have that happen. I don't see that happening though. I guess I'm toast and being a survivor isn't in the cards for me!!

Zindo
edit on 2/28/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't particularly like these kinds of threads because you don't know whose really watching and it also tells what all our strengths, weaknesses and fears are.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!

WEAK. Thousands or perhaps millions of years of evolution, without electricity, and you'd throw in the towel rather than face life without electricity? What has happened to us in just 100 years? Geeeeeesh

Oh I think you misunderstand Khaaaaaaaaan!!. As a father of 3 boys, the indescribable hell of the whining that would result from the loss of Xboxs or Wii's or computers would be soul-crushing, and zombies eating my face might seem like a better option.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Good question Gazrok.
And one hard to answer without having a similar experience to draw on.

My way of thinkng is that I would carry on until something takes away my last breath.
If you can go on,you should go on.
That is my philosophy.

In an apocalypse situation,we should strive to survive in honour of our fallen.
So say we all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join