What kind of SHTF Scenario would you NOT want to Survive?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'd have a choice?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

Forgive me if it's out of line, but my attitude to it all is what ever happens we should do everything in our power to not just survive but to live life. (As lame as it may sound to some) As previously mentioned being alive without hope or a reason to go on, aint living. We are here for a bit then we move on, however we happen to move on (die) in an extinction level event ie super volcano, commet, zombies, nuclear war or what ever, isn't it at least worth trying to keep going. I've had times in life where ending it sounded like the best option, but end world dissasters are what they are, not wanting to survive something is fair enough like being riddled with radiation sickness after nuclear war or shooting yourself before the zombies bite your brain is understandable but if we do survive something crazy i think we'd owe it to our selves to see it through. Just my opinion, i think standing in front of a monster commet breaking through the atmosphere would be something worth hanging around for. Then when the aliens run from its broken space rocks i'll die fighting on my feet. Peace to ya'll what ever happens to us.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I don't think you would survive a nuclear holocaust would you? If the initial blast never got you the nuclear fall out would eventually kill you... I'm okay with the zombie apocalypse as long as they shuffle along aka George A Romero and dont run fast like they do in the remake, Dawn Of The Dead!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I would much rather have it be Zombieland style

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My nightmare is that a comet would pass close to earth and make all men sterile with me being the last surviving male that has live tadpoles.

Imagine every woman in the world needing you for reproduction.....OH THE HORROR !!!!!!

Seriously I am pretty well prepared for anything but a planet killer scenario.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

I would much rather have it be Zombieland style

But they're quick!!! Have a heart... I have asthma so I'd be zombie chow within the first week! No, I'd be quite happy with the slow moving, shambolic walking dead...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Rule #1: Cardio

jk... sorta

(please, don't be offended
)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Haha, not offended at all. I guess I could just cellotape my inhaler to my nose and use it as I was chased in ever decreasing circles!
Damn my limp lungs!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
my biggest fear is a weapon that would wipe out the females on the planet.
if they all disappeared i'd have no reason to live.
i could not imagine a world without women.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Just as long as they can't run faster than a car, you'll be alright. Well, just hope you run out of zombies before you run out of gas.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Unspeakable horror...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I can't think of a scenario that I wouldn't want to survive. I would always have the option of ending my own life if I found it to be unbearable, and a few seemingly hopeless situations I've been in later resolved in a manner that wasn't apparent at the outset.

Incoming asteroid? Global hemorhagic fever? No, I don't want to suffer, but I think also that we don't know the limits of what we CAN survive until we've crossed that particular obstacle.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Unspeakable horror...

i know it. i've always had this dream of an end time scenario.
the aliens will pick me up and drop me off on a fresh planet with the swedish bikini team.
they'd pat me on the back and say,
'have at it buddy'!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves
--- Sarah Connor

There is ALWAYS hope and the will to survive is strong. I cannot think of a scenario where I would simply just give up.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Bring it....

We can go from there...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

As I said before, somebody must accept the responsibility of repopulating the planet!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by rubbertramp

As I said before, somebody must accept the responsibility of repopulating the planet!

for once in his life, rubbertramp raises his hand and volunteers.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If all the males became sterile and it was up to me to repopulate the earth with my luck the first girl I met would have Aids!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I know this is not the end all type deal, But could you imagine waking up tomarrow and there has been a huge solar flare. All of the electronics are gone. No cell phones, no computers, hell no cars for the most part. And yes i'm sure many of the people on here can survive, but how many people can't even make chage at the register any more. How many of these kids would make it with out that I phone?

Can you only imagine what down town Houston are New York would be like. That would be pure chaos.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

I dunno about chaos, so many people would be too scared to leave their home.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join