It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerxes1434
reply to post by truthseeker1984

You're just playing into the homosexual agenda. You need to look into After The Ball it's written by a homosexual that outlines their plan to force homosexuality on children and society. You are buying right into it with your secular humanism.

I'm playing into no agenda, friend. I am seeing this situation as clear as a bell, without the rose-colored glasses of religion clouding my judgment. We are people first. We are animals by nature, and our divinity comes to us through patience, virtue, compassion, and most of all, tolerance. The only philosophy I prescribe to is "live and let live." How is homosexuality affecting you personally? How is it affecting me personally? I have many homosexual friends who are great people, very productive members of society, and most of all, very loving to not only their partners, but to their families, and their fellow man. If you want to get to the nitty gritty, I'll only say this: according to your religion, and other religions of the world, God created man. Everything God creates is good, so therefore if homosexuality is wrong, then why did God create it in the first place? I know, I know, a worn-out argument, but still valid nonetheless.

Quite honestly, I was expecting more of a debate from you. I respect your opinion as a fellow human being, and it's a shame that we cannot come to some sort of understanding or at least some sort of intelligent banter. I spent a lot of time writing my responses...

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

I will pray for you so you will find God. He doesn't hate you he loves you. The Apostle Paul went through many trials and hardships but he never gave up faith in God. He hated Christians and persecuted them but saw the glorious light of Jesus Christ. I will continue to pray so it may happen to you too.

God bless.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Funny you should mention Elton John. I remember a show of his which featured young looking boy scouts posing and dancing on stage as homosexual sex objects. He's a great one to being raising other people's kids. But the well being of children is not the first interest here. Political correctness is of primary interest.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

You're just playing into the homosexual agenda. You need to look into After The Ball it's written by a homosexual that outlines their plan to force homosexuality on children and society. You are buying right into it with your secular humanism.

I'm playing into no agenda, friend. I am seeing this situation as clear as a bell, without the rose-colored glasses of religion clouding my judgment. We are people first. We are animals by nature, and our divinity comes to us through patience, virtue, compassion, and most of all, tolerance. The only philosophy I prescribe to is "live and let live." How is homosexuality affecting you personally? How is it affecting me personally? I have many homosexual friends who are great people, very productive members of society, and most of all, very loving to not only their partners, but to their families, and their fellow man. If you want to get to the nitty gritty, I'll only say this: according to your religion, and other religions of the world, God created man. Everything God creates is good, so therefore if homosexuality is wrong, then why did God create it in the first place? I know, I know, a worn-out argument, but still valid nonetheless.

Quite honestly, I was expecting more of a debate from you. I respect your opinion as a fellow human being, and it's a shame that we cannot come to some sort of understanding or at least some sort of intelligent banter. I spent a lot of time writing my responses...

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

You can't be serious on God creating homosexuality. Read Genesis. Man and woman are to be one flesh. Not a man and man or woman and woman. It's Satan that causes people to get confused and think they are born gay and engage in homosexual acts.

If they would turn to Christ they would see the light.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The ruling sees only that the Christians discriminate. An unbiased court must rule against this.

When Christianity is wrong Christianity must lose. The issue is "discrimination" and nothing else.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

Funny you should mention Elton John. I remember a show of his which featured young looking boy scouts posing and dancing on stage as homosexual sex objects. He's a great one to being raising other people's kids. But the well being of children is not the first interest here. Political correctness is of primary interest.

What exactly is the difference between what you just said and heterosexuals having of-consent-age females dress up in school girl uniforms dancing on stage as sex objects?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Sir, I applaud you. The bible is hypocritical, it makes no sense. Here, I leave you with your God, and some quotes that you probably chose to ignore. You make god sound so wonderful, full of love and blah blah, these following quotes will surely prove how loving your god is.

"Leviticus 26:30 “And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.”

&&
"Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18)"

Dont forget;
"Return it to its sheath! In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you. I will pour out my indignation upon you, breathing my fiery wrath upon you, I will hand you over to ravaging men, artisans of destruction. You shall be fuel for the fire, your blood shall flow throughout the land. You shall not be remembered, for I, the LORD, have spoken. (Ezekiel 21:33-37)"

Sounds like a super loving, caring dude to me!
[Sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

And let us not forget that the Occupier in Chief actively promoted the idea of sex ed for kindergartner children. Anybody remember that? Talk about outrageous things going on here, activist judges turning everything upside down.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

This is showing us how the world is being ran, for years now. Fighting against what is natural and trying to defend the homosexual side of things. That is not a justifiable reason to lose in court.

The world is going to burn, soon.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Sir, I applaud you. The bible is hypocritical, it makes no sense. Here, I leave you with your God, and some quotes that you probably chose to ignore. You make god sound so wonderful, full of love and blah blah, these following quotes will surely prove how loving your god is.

"Leviticus 26:30 “And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.”

&&
"Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18)"

Dont forget;
"Return it to its sheath! In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you. I will pour out my indignation upon you, breathing my fiery wrath upon you, I will hand you over to ravaging men, artisans of destruction. You shall be fuel for the fire, your blood shall flow throughout the land. You shall not be remembered, for I, the LORD, have spoken. (Ezekiel 21:33-37)"

Sounds like a super loving, caring dude to me!
[Sarcasm]

Nice try but you are taking Leviticus out of context here it is

27 “‘If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. 30 I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you. 31 I will turn your cities into ruins and lay waste your sanctuaries, and I will take no delight in the pleasing aroma of your offerings. 32 I myself will lay waste the land, so that your enemies who live there will be appalled. 33 I will scatter you among the nations and will draw out my sword and pursue you. Your land will be laid waste, and your cities will lie in ruins. 34 Then the land will enjoy its sabbath years all the time that it lies desolate and you are in the country of your enemies; then the land will rest and enjoy its sabbaths. 35 All the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the sabbaths you lived in it.

Read verses 14-46 God is saying what will/could happen if they disobey him/break the covenant.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Xerxes1434 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
The couple concerned are Christians.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is irrelevant, I think. They could be Muslim, Buddhists or any other religion and it still would not matter. The reason I think so is because I assume that the court ruled against them on the grounds that discriminating against a minority is not acceptable in a secular state (and despite "In God we trust" the US is still a secular state and not a theocracy yet.)

All they are doing is following what is written in the Bible, the Word of God, the boss, quoting the rules so to speak.

From where I sit all they are doing is following the written word of mortal man not some imaginary immortal being, creator of all, and so and so on. But I concede that yes, from their point of view it is essential to follow the rules of their "heavenly father".

It clearly says on lots of occasions that being Gay is wrong and definately not a good thing etc.

It sure does; I believe it goes even further and orders the believers to stone them to death. But then, that is not really surprising; if you read the OT you will find that Jehova or Jahwe or whatever his/her name is was a very jealous and blood thirsty maniac. My favorite part is where he orders Joshua to kill every living soul except for virgins in the conquered cities (genocide and ethnic cleansing at it's finest) or he condemns fornication (sex outside of marriage) and orders again perpetrators to be stoned to death, but when Lot has sex with his daughters in a cave after they had escaped Sodom and Gomorrah and his wife was turned into a pillar of salt, he was perfectly fine with it. No problem at all. No smiting, nothing. But when Onan spilled his semen to avoid impragnating his dead brother's wife back then, he is smitted to death on the spot. Can you say hypocrisy and double standards? I sure can and I do.

As they are Christian, they will follow what is said in the Bible, the heart of Christianity across the World.

No, argument there. I just like to repeat that the Bible is the work of humans prone to failure and irrational thinking and behavior and not the inspired word of God. But I concede that ultimately ti's not important what I believe, but what they believe.

So if following the Bible is wrong, our World is a very screwed up place and God will deal with it as he sees fit.

OMG, we are so screwed, God is gonna smite us, drown us or burn us ...
Oh please, spare me the melodrama and the fear-mongering. It worked for a while when I was young and easily impressionable, but those days are long gone.

Remember the Flood anyone?

Nope, can't say that I do, because I was not around back then.
I remember a silly flood story involving Noah and how he and his extended family saved all animals from certain death, however. I also remember a silly flood story, mythology really, from Ancient Greece involving one Deucalion and his wife as sole survivors (I wonder which is older and who plagiarized whom? :puz
. Also, I remember a silly flood story thread right here on these forums. Maybe you could stop by there and let us know what you think, believer etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe

God is our Spiritual Father and his wisdom allows him to nurture, protect, and punish humanity for the collective good of everyone, not just an individual. You can't nurture a child and teach them right from wrong unless you explain or deliver a punishment for bad actions. Nor can your protect any person or child unless you punish those that would cause them harm. It is no different with homosexuality.

Yes, under God's laws homosexuals, rapist, child molestors, and other unsavory characters should be put death in order to protect the rest of society from corrupting their ways. I am not saying homosexuals are child molestors, but their ideas, practices, and way of life usually requires that they iniate (sometimes by force) others into their way of life like a spreading cancer.

Child molestors should be put to death with substantial proof after the first offence. Why would you give them a second chance to spread their evil to more children who are now at risk at becoming the same way?

So you see, I don't believe it was some crazy hateful priest that wrote that homosexuals should be put to death. I do believe it was inspired by God in his wisdom that if you let evil flourish it will eventually get out of control and drag everyone out of harmony with the natural order of things and create misery for everyone. In order to protect and nurture the whole, certain individuals that cause chaos must be removed.

Thanks for providing a splendid example of the type of thinking which should disqualify any person from becoming a foster parent.

You should visit Iran. You'd feel quite at home there.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

It's not their rights that are at stake though, is it? It's the rights of the children who are going to be fostered. This couple is free to hold their superstitious opinions about homosexuality to the bitter end, and no doubt they will do so. Likewise if they had their own children they are free, unfortunately, to indoctrinate them with their views. But when they put themselves forwards as foster parents they engaged in a secular service which serves all religions and none. Also, what if they were to end up fostering a gay, lesbian or bisexual youth? What are they gonna do, start telling them they are evil and praying over them? A lot of fostering is of older children and teenagers who have been kicked out of home and, guess what, one of the main reasons for that is because they are gay. Those kids need non-judgmental support and care too. Or are they allowed to say, 'Don't send us any gay ones'?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I can't even believe this sweet elderly couple is being denied to care for these children. there are so many children going to bed hungry tonight, negleted and abused. AND WE AMERICANS HAVE TO BOO HOO ABOUT EVERTHING THAT DOESNT FIT INTO OUR IDEAL LITTLE WORLD!!! feed the kids love the kids. you cant expect people in their 60's to change their views and beliefs because a new act was past!!!! Did your grandparents change yet.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mariero

Maybe it was the fact that they were in their 60s that they were denied. Temporarily, they might be capable of caring for the child but in the long run it could create negative situations.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

to have children together... to bring up children knowing that a man and woman are supposed to be together not man and man....

Who says so ? An invisible misogynistic bigot that lives in the sky by any chance ?

^^^^^Exactly!

I am so sick of the anti gay rubbish I keep seeing on this site! I thought this was supposed to be a site about conspiracies and the paranormal?

This is hardly denying ignorance.

In fact, in my short time being here its making me resent the fact that I even considered myself a part of the same religion as narrow minded fools I have encountered around here. It makes my blood boil

I'm outta here.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

It started out with reverse racism. Now it looks like we are going to be looking "backward" to a world of reverse bigotry. Is it okay to be fundamentalist Christian, or is it ONLY okay to be gay?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

I really thought you were smart. The definition of gay means happy. The right word is homosexual. I can't believe that you would pardon perverted behavior. Homosexuals have a less life expectancy than heterosexuals. They have high rates of sexually transmitted diseases. I know if your brother and sister were taking drugs you'd try to help them. You should do the same for their homosexuality because they will die early because of their lifestyle.
You don't even know that I'm lying. You assume and that means your not smart. You should get the facts before you assume. Now you are the sinner.

Hetro's have high rates of sexually transmitted disease, so whats your point. You are completly ignorant when it comes to this subject. If my brother and sister were on drugss, of course i would help them. My brother has been in the same relationship for 20 years. They have their own business, and are very happy. How happy would my brother be if he chose to hide the fact that he was gay, and tried to live the so called normal life. I bet you money he would not even be alive now.

Like i said before, i bet 90% of christians don't do what it says in the book, so, this makes them sinners too. At the end of the day, you are hating people that will never do any harm to you, or your family, but that's what religon does.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join