It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

And so why did Abraham obey God and almost sacrificed his son, before it was revealed to be a test of his faith?

Did God tell him to sacrifice his son or did he not?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
Why do so many atheists choose to ignore the New Testament or the fact that it supersedes the Old?

We pretty much ignore it all, actually.

God would not tell anyone to kill (and in fact, has specifically said NOT to kill.)

Actually, he commands people to kill all the time. Well, in the Old Testament, anyway. But I guess it's OK to ignore that these days? So, the creation (which is in the OT) can be ignored, too? It's no longer valid? Or are there only SOME things in the OT that we can ignore?

:shk:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I understand where you are coming from but your missing something very important -

The rulings of arbitration tribunals are binding in law, provided that both parties in the dispute agree to give it the power to rule on their case.

They really are not worth a wank, a bit like UK magistrates courts we can (and some do) have the right to withdraw consent .

What we also have to bear in mind that Scotland England and wales often times have different laws this complex issue is compounded further by EU law which supersedes Uk law.

Dude, the only people that should be afraid of sharia law are Muslims that agree to it, although I hasten to add that I have grave concerns as to the well being of children whose parents have labeled them Muslim but am actively engaged in an attempt to protect children from this disgusting practice whatever religious label is being used.

Yes The Djin is ironic , star for that.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I haven't posted a comment in a good while, but stories like this one really make me sick to my stomach. God has already destroyed most of humanity in the past for just this type of behavior. These folks who were treated this way should run for public office. They are the types of leaders we need this day and time. I applaud you for standing up for what's right and god bless.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodcausailor
I haven't posted a comment in a good while, but stories like this one really make me sick to my stomach. God has already destroyed most of humanity in the past for just this type of behavior. These folks who were treated this way should run for public office. They are the types of leaders we need this day and time. I applaud you for standing up for what's right and god bless.

Run for public office! lol

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Sigh, your comments are predictable

Sigh and around we go

It's the Old Testament that mandates the putting to death. Why do so many atheists choose to ignore the New Testament or the fact that it supersedes the Old?

I've yet to meet a child that has been given a copy of the bibles with the old testament removed..

God would not tell anyone to kill

Your god has instructed the killing of millions so has, what we humans call ,"previous", unless you profess to know the mind of god( which philosophically speaking would make you god) you cannot know that your god would not tell someone to kill another.

History is replete with incidents of people that have killed because god told them to are you calling them all liars ?

Please remember that your god had humans torture and kill himself (allegedly) at the time he changed his name to jesus .

As your god jesus/yaheh is alleged to be omniscient and you are not, you absolutely cannot say your god would not do something nor what it will do.

So again, a very simple question -
If your god told you to kill me (for whatever reason, that would be of no concern to you) would you do it yes or no ?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I would have declined their request as soon as I found out they were christian. I don't think any children should be exposed to that kind of lifestyle...

Leave it to a liberal to scream about tolerance then show hatred towards Christians.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm glad they can't foster based on their bigoted views.

What if I had faith in a belief system that said women are inferior to men and they should always remain silent in their presence? Or, that married women who wear make up are immoral because she is making herself attractive to the opposite sex. Should I be allowed to adopt? I hope not!

I have freedom to choose whatever belief system or god I want to follow.

However, I shoudn't have the right to force my beliefs onto others and treat them in accordance to how my religion tells me I should treat them.

What makes my religion any less important to that of Christianity?

(I'm not religious btw and I don't hold them views. My girlfriend would kill me
)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bodcausailor

God has already destroyed most of humanity in the past for just this type of behavior

Your god seems to have a real problem with getting his creation to comply doesn't he ?

He threatens and kills us but still his creation sticks up the finger and will not do as he wants which is comply to his rules, don't do this, that or the other.

Indeed your god is having a very hard time of it after all he only wants whats best for us doesn't he ?

So how is it exactly, that the alleged creator of all that there is,was or will ever be could be in want ?
He wants us to act in a certain way but we just will not do it, he must be the most appalling communicator hardly the signature of an omnipotent being now is it ?

He keeps commanding we keep disobeying he keeps killing bit of a joke really isn't it ?

Obviously if your god is the creator of everything that is, was or will ever be then it would be impossible for him to not get what he wants or want anything to begin with wouldn't it ?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Didn't read the entire thread but I'll just say this. I'd rather see a homosexual couple who will teach equality, tolerance and respect with a kid than a Christian heterosexual couple who will teach hate, ignorance and inequality.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by Haydn_17

I am against the idea of Gay being natural, because it isnt

There are plenty of incidents of homosexuality in the natural world, are you saying nature isn't natural ?

crazy that this has to be explained.
Occassionaly we see in nature unnatural acts because THEY ARE ANIMALS
having sex to procreate is a natural function.
It's man who spends their time inventing ways to do things simply to serve their flesh in all kinds of INVENTED ways.

This thread says it all.
Those that support this vendetta against Christianity can now drop all the false pretense.
All the other threads they imply this but dodge it.
Now it's obvious.
They do not want "equal rights" but the goal is to FORCE people to accept their unnatural act, especially all those that know it is an unnatural act.
No, it's not!

We can see they want to FORCE US TO ACCEPT IT.
Here we can see that 2 people that easily qualify as potential parents are dumped because they will not lie about their stance on unnatural acts for their children.
Just because you see an animal do it every 1000 years in nature (I have yet to see it at all in nature and I am always around animals. I have yet to see my hen sit on another hen or my rooster sit on a rooster for instance.)
I guess my rooster should be slaughtered for being so inconsiderate to the homosexual roosters out there.
Oh, never mind.
I will just remove the hens to teach him chicken morality.
Can someone sell me some eggs now?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I find it most strange that religious people from any of the biblical religions will soap-box the idea that God hates homosexuality. His experience with Adam and Eve should have prepared him for the grittier side of humanity.

You can't launch the idea on people that God made the world and everything in it and then criticize a part of his creation. If he alone made everything, he also created homosexuality.

Also why the couple in question could be somewhat dangerous for someone else's child is simply - to quote Loyola, "Give me a child till he is 8 and he is mine for life". Loyola was referring to our formative years which is also why religious schools are so keen to get their hands on young children.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
THEY ARE ANIMALS

So are we.
And we see these "unnatural acts" in human animals as well.

I'm not sure I see the point of labeling homosexuality as "unnatural". Let's say it's unnatural.

So is driving, working, going potty in a porcelain bowl, using soap, living in a house, going to school, getting married, tattoos, owning animals, fertilization of women as well as plants, using a computer, using utensils, curling one's hair... I could go on and on and on and on and on and on about the things we do that aren't "natural"...

So, unless you live completely off the land and wear clothing fashioned out of animal hides that you've killed with your hands and eaten raw... I don't think the idea that homosexuality is "unnatural" holds much weight, KWIM?

edit on 3/1/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
I'm glad they can't foster based on their bigoted views.

What if I had faith in a belief system that said women are inferior to men and they should always remain silent in their presence? Or, that married women who wear make up are immoral because she is making herself attractive to the opposite sex. Should I be allowed to adopt? I hope not!

I have freedom to choose whatever belief system or god I want to follow.

However, I shoudn't have the right to force my beliefs onto others and treat them in accordance to how my religion tells me I should treat them.

What makes my religion any less important to that of Christianity?

(I'm not religious btw and I don't hold them views. My girlfriend would kill me
)

then you are obviously against gay couples that adopt and do not teach their captive audience about Christian principles?
Or easier, what about those fanatical homosexual activists that adopt children and teach them to hate Christians and the Bible?

So, if a homosexual couple adopts then by this standard we must ban any hateful and vitrioloic speech, EVER, directed at those that disgree with them, especially Christians because we can easily see in this thread that they are presupposed to hating Christians.
Based on this thread alone from all the hateful statements aimed at everyone they disagree with it's clear that the homosexual community is too biased and hateful to even pretend that they can fulfill the role of sound and loving parents to impressionable children.

This topic has come to an impass.
It's no longer about CIVIL rights AS THEY HAVE PRETENDED.
iT'S ABOUT MILITANT PROPOGANDA TO SUPPORT A HATE FILLED AGENDA AGAINST PEOPLE THAT WILL NOT CALL SIN, any sin, A GOOD THING.

I have always lived my libertarian beliefs in public.
But you guys have called me out and I will say it loud and clear.
No, homosexuality is PROVEN (by lack of scientific proof you numbskulls, stop the stupid"born that way" crap. If you had the science you would not need to quote a 20 year old proven false study that was flawed and manipulated), PROVEN to simply be a culmination of environmental pollutants and lack of will power and morals.
Now it's about morals.
See how everyone is personally attacked by the rabid homosexuals in this thread?
I read the first page and I started to get upset.
These guys are beyond reason.
They want war between the people that NATURALLY BREED.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Back to the unnatural sex thing...hmmmm

Why do men have a g spot in a place where the sun don't shine? Why did god put it there when he created us?

Did god mess up on that one?

The hatred of homosexuals is driven by religion. Why? Because religion is driven by fear and oppression.

The gays are an easy target as they will always be the minority, easy to demonise and keep the majority 'righteous'.

IMO, Jesus might have been gay himself! Unmarried at his age in a society where it would have been seen as unnatural. It makes you think. Sorry, people who are regious aren't allowed to think for themselves are they?
edit on 1-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
I find it most strange that religious people from any of the biblical religions will soap-box the idea that God hates homosexuality. His experience with Adam and Eve should have prepared him for the grittier side of humanity.

You can't launch the idea on people that God made the world and everything in it and then criticize a part of his creation. If he alone made everything, he also created homosexuality.

Also why the couple in question could be somewhat dangerous for someone else's child is simply - to quote Loyola, "Give me a child till he is 8 and he is mine for life". Loyola was referring to our formative years which is also why religious schools are so keen to get their hands on young children.

I think the Bible teaches that gossips and lying politicians and pastors are alot worse.
Just because congress keeps getting elected does not mean I will have to learn to say that congress is a natural function of gov. and that they are not liars when they lie everyday to millions.
I hate liars.
And I just offended 90% of this thread in stating that.
so?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

I think the point that many of us are trying to make is that tolerance should be taught, not about what is unnatural or amoral based on what a 2000 year old man made book says. Please review my post from a few pages ago. There are plenty of well-documented cases of homosexuality among animals. This is recorded fact. Humans are indeed animals. This is a recorded fact. Does homosexuality go against "nature's programming?" I don't know, and I'm pretty sure you don't know either. In fact, nobody knows, because not enough research has been done on the subject. As I suggested in the post that I linked to you, homosexuality may be nature's way of population control. When the Bible was supposedly written, there weren't a whole hell of a lot of people on this little blue orb we call home. Of course it would be "unnatural" at the time, because the first biological drive is to reproduce and keep the species going. But let us fast-forward 2000 years. Look at how many people there are on the planet. Our population keeps growing every second of every day. Nature had to find a way to curb this population explosion, so I offered the theory that homosexuality may, in fact, be nature's way of population control. Of course, this only applies to humans at this point, because I'm not sure of population densities of other animals that display homosexual behavior which ends in like-sex animals forming a life pair. Please read my post to understand where I am personally coming from.

Leaving all the religious debate out of the equation, this case worker based their decision on more factors (I would imagine) than just what religion this couple adheres to. If the case worker didn't do this, then they weren't doing their job. Knowing several case workers (family members and close friends), these people have a hard enough time as it is choosing a home for a foster child without having to deal with racial, religious, or sexual preference issues. The case worker obviously made a decision based on the welfare of the child, and decided that this couple would not be suitable to care for this particular child. Case closed.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

You hate liars but you will want homosexuals to lie by pretending to be straight. Or are they supposed to live lives without love and sex?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by manna2

Back to the unnatural sex thing...hmmmm

Why do men have a g spot in a place where the sun don't shine? Why did god put it there when he created us?

Did god mess up on that one?

The hatred of homosexuals is driven by religion. Why? Because religion is driven by fear and oppression.

The gays are an easy target as they will always be the minority.

Thats complete bs.
I don't hate gays, gossips, (liars I admit to hating, my flaw) or other sinners.
I refuse to be forced to accept sin as good.
You can, that is the libertarian in me.
I am talking about the need for those that do sin, WILLINGLY, to attempt me and society to FORCE those that disagree through some kind of peer pressure mind control in attempts to persuade me.
I don't think gossip is natural, but gossips learn to naturally do it.
I don't believe lying is natural, nut liars naturally do it.
I don't believe serial murderers and rapists are natural, but they do it naturally.
I don't believe that homosexuality is natural, but they naturally do it.

You see, it's us that takes it to the extreme.
And dude let me tell you, this thread is unnatural.
It is beyond the ridiculous to claim that 2 men are better parents than a mom and a dad simply because the couple feel that gossip, lying, murder, rape, etc...(add any sin you like in this space) is not the thing they intend to teach their children as they are molded into adults.
If these Christians claimed to embrace homosexuality, gossip or lying just to get control of a child they should be banned from this.
But it looks like they are not liars from what I can see.
So if they have good morals, what is the problem?
Oh, the homosexual agenda....yeah......this is what this is all about.
It's about forcing unnatural acts on the world and forcing them to accept it.
I guess in the end we must be closer to sheep than monkeys when examining the animal kingdom as it 's like we are so easily swayed by our sheepherders manipulations.
So, no, I am not a sheep. Hey are sheep homosexuals?
Does anyone have a science paper on the hmosexual tendencies and acts of sheep?
I haven't but has anyone witnessed 2 male sheep having at it? 2 female? 2 sheep raising a ewe?
STOP IT, you guys are nuts.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by manna2

You hate liars but you will want homosexuals to lie by pretending to be straight. Or are they supposed to live lives without love and sex?

I'm libertarian, you are chasing shadows.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join