It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

I absolutely agree.

Christian does not equal infallible moral authority.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

They have authority only to give the message of the Lord and the Word of God. Anything else is just bull# ego tripping.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I know this is completely off-topic, but since the debate has shifted to a homosexual vs. religion debate, let me add my own take on some points of interest to me.

Before I go any further, let it be known that I am a Pagan, I have been a Pagan for most of my life, and I have no interest in dogmatic traditions. I fully support those in the homosexual community, and I abide by a live and let live philosophy, because life is too short to be worried about who falls in love with who and what some 2000 year old man-made book condones as proper behavior.

We all know that homosexuality is not conducive to reproduction. It's as simple as biology. A male cannot produce offspring with another male, and the same with females. However, there are several, well-documented cases of homosexuality throughout the animal kingdom:

Homosexual behavior in animals

As this article explains, many times, homosexual behavior between male and female members of various animal groups is used as a bonding exercise. In other cases, it's used as a show of dominance. In even other cases, such as with certain species of penguins, vultures, black swans, and even some species of primates will form life pairs with a member of the same sex. Because animal behaviorists have yet to fully understand or explain why this activity happens, speculation is the only thing that we can go on at this point.

I have a hypothesis about why animals throughout the kingdom (yes, including homo sapiens) will turn to homosexuality. Without knowing anything about the population density of the animals that display this type of behavior, I will speculate that homosexuality may, or may not be nature's response to population control. In the case of homo sapien, I believe this to be true. Last time I checked, we had over 6.6 billion people on this little rock we call home. Babies are born just about every second of every day, and our resources are dwindling at an accelerated pace. With the information that we do know about homosexuality displayed in wild animals, it wouldn't be such a stretch to say that it applies to homo sapien.

There isn't a lot of definitive data on the percentage of homosexual to straight people in the world, but there have been guesses at somewhere between 2-3% of the world's population. The figures, of course, are just a guess, mostly because people that identify as homosexual also have the social stigma attached to them, and would most likely be less willing to participate in such a survey. But, even at 3% of the world's population being homosexual, that is an astounding 201 million people. That's 2/3 of the population of the US. That is a lot of people not having babies through natural means. If a baby is born just about every second of every day, and we assume that most families will have 2-3 kids, that's another 400 million people NOT being born every nine months. Could this be a good thing for the population of this planet? I think so.

The projected figures by 2020 see the population at somewhere around 7.5 billion people.
Source

What is interesting about these figures is that there is a slow decline from 2012 on, but the population still grows. I really think that nature has put homosexuality into the built-in structure of animals, potentially to curb population growth. It's only a theory, and I can't back that up with concrete evidence, but I'll stick with that point, because, quite frankly, it makes sense.

Anyway, just my $.02.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

I would say that you are wrong..

Christians do not work to understand the human condition.

They work to deny the human condition.

If you want to understand something you must first embrace it, not condemn it.

You will never be perfect in thought or actions by simply locking away the parts of humanity that you do not like.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Even then, I'm a little hesistant on the validity of the word that is being spread. Leviticus says homosexuality is wrong but I love this patent response to it:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord – Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness – Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination – Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? – Lev.24:10-16. Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging. So, to all of you who love to quote Leviticus, you can’t ‘cherry-pick’ what you think is/isn’t right, what should/shouldn’t be followed in the Bible. If the Bible is ‘de-facto,’ then everything should be followed. Go ahead and start following it to the letter, prove to me that it means anything, and then we’ll discuss why I’m an abomination again.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Yes but the human condition is the condition of the flesh.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

truthseeker1984, I always enjoy reading your posts, I find you to be, very down to earth and intelligent. Your theory, is very interesting. thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I would rather have a loving home than a wacked out religious one any day of the week. Bible pounders are pretty sick and a bit more hypocritical.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Good riddance. If they are against homosexuality, then they shouldn't be able to raise them. It just shows how stupid some people are in the world. Being against homosexuality. It's ridiculous. It's not a choice to be homosexual. It just is.

It's the equivalent of me saying "I'm against disabled people". Now if you're stupid enough to say that, obviously you're not smart enough to raise a child.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WarmSun

Because they look for earthly prestige instead of the rewards of grace through faithful service. Which should always be above and beyond your ability. And in truth because coming from an actual honest Christian if you dont God will chasten you, until you repent or realize because you can feel it physically.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
Besides, we know MSM likes to use propaganda and there could have been other flags on the application that ultimately led to them being denied.

I do realize that.

I was listening to a talk show today that was playing excerpts from "right media" - - then explaining and providing facts to the issue. The Right was out right lying - - totally making up stuff to insight their audience.

So Yeah! I totally get that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Equally so homosexual's would say Christian's are wrong for deeming their deeds an abomination.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

What a great response to the Leviticus quoter. My first time reading that.
thought it to be most excellent!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by Annee

Just quoting what you said yourself.

NO - you are preaching.

Please move on to someone else.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by C21H30O2I
reply to post by truthseeker1984

truthseeker1984, I always enjoy reading your posts, I find you to be, very down to earth and intelligent. Your theory, is very interesting. thanks for sharing with us.

Thank you for the compliment! I just speak my mind. Nothing more, nothing less. I have a lot floating around in the old noggin' of mine!

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh come off it. You know full well my intention, your kidding yourself.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

My brother and I always get a good laugh out of that one, especially because we are Canadians. I think he would've tried to sell me into slavery as a child had he known that Leviticus passage.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Folks the topic of this thread is Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual...

Please keep discussion focused upon the topic and not one another.

Thank you very much!

~Hefficide

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Also the age old argument for homosexuality, that if animal's partake in it then its ok, your forgetting that animal's are beasts and Man has the knowledge of both God and living in a flesh body simultaneously. They do this for no other reason then physical gratification and lust.
edit on 28-2-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

I love that letter to Dr. Laura.

It is such a classic

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join