It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Can't Be A Coincidence! Denver Airport Close Encounters Connection

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I see that you are no longer going to address weedwhackers comments, but could you please address mine? You must have conveniently overlooked my other one. I will quote this small part direct from your OP.

The numbers are 104 44 30 40 36 10. Let's turn those into coordinates- W104' 44' 30' N40' 36' 10' .

Why change the numbers at all by adding 6 apostrophes?
To conclude that this is the area that was meant in the movie, then wouldn't it be better to enter the coordinates in this manner- W104 44 30 N40 36 10

It seems to me, that the least amount of manipulation to the actual numbers that appear in the movie, would be the most sensible approach. Without the conveniently added apostrophes, where does this search take you?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

All of these points are well taken, and I do understand where you are coming from.

The fact remains that, however you want to manipulate the numbers in the movie, the "correct" way, the way that I ran across...It simply cannot be a coincidence, based on it being DIA.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Considering that when Close Encounters was made neither DIA or Google Earth were in existence, I fail to see the connection.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
edit on 26-2-2011 by subject x because:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thankfully the coordinates hit Denver Pizzazz, I would have been freaked out if it landed on Starbucks.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

What makes YOUR way the 'correct way'?

I am actually dumbfounded by your logic here. The correct way is whatever way gives you the result you are seeking?
There are so many flaws within that, that I don't even know where to begin.

The coincidence angle is great too. Nothing is ever going to be a coincidence when the results obtained require manipulation of the way by which they are obtained. Of course it's not a coincidence. Coincidence requires that something has happened by chance. Mapping out and manipulating the path taken to reach the ultimate goal can never be a coincidence, because it is planned.

absolutely dumbfounded.
No room for logical thought here.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

When I said the "correct way" I was actually referring to your way...

You're missing the big picture here, but that's just another opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
“sometimes a cigar is just a cigar”,
A cigar is made of and includes lots of unhealthy stuff and there are reasons why USA developed the tobacco industry. Nothing by chance my friend.
In this case the “cigar” is quite huge (more then needed for an Airport) and includes lots of stuff as well. And there are lots of visual and otherwise indications that it is connected with Secret Societies and is “unhealthy”. Even if they are not so secret anymore we still can’t say with 100% certainty what TPTB want to achieve exactly and how. By the time we see it unfolding in front of us might be too late to do something about it. Not that now we can do much about it. We couldn’t do anything about the DIA being built for example, even though it was not needed because the old Airport was fine. We couldn’t do anything to stop other suspicious “facilities” being built around USA.
The one thing we CAN do is to share and spread our bits and pieces of information with others so that eventually we get a bigger picture of this puzzle. Part of what ATS is all about.
So, even if “sometimes a cigar is just a cigar”, you may not now if it is “poisonous” and “deadly” unless you take it to the “Lab” for “examination” or you are told about it from someone who knows.
To me there is more than meets the eye in the whole DIA story (and there are so many visuals already, kind of ironic).

(subjectX. About the numbers I stand corrected. As for the rest we will find out in the future)

edit on 26-2-2011 by Kanenas because: Reply to subjectX

edit on 26-2-2011 by Kanenas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kanenas

Yeah, yeah. That has nothing to do with the co-ordinates from Close Encounters having anything to do with it.
That is the cigar to which I referred.

edit on 26-2-2011 by subject x because:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think it's a strange coincidence my gf thinks it's just coincidence. It reminds me of some of the strange things about DIA. I think we should do more research into DIA.

[yvid]

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Anyone else notice the airport is kind of shaped like a swastika??

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalChef

Not sure which claims take the "silliest" prize.....this one, or the OP's....

Satellite photo image of the airport....Looks like no "swastika" I've ever seen:

THIS one of O'Hare looks more "ominous":

edit on 26 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by exroyalnavy

I posted a screen shot from the movie in the OP, but I'm at work right now.

Hopefully we have an ATS'er that's obsessed with the movie, and know when that particular scene happens!

Those coordinates are from the movie, which I've seen many times.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Are you folks even reading the thread? They do NOT match the coordinates of DIA. Only in a fantasy world where manipulating punctuation makes it so. The raw and accurate coordinates point to a field somewhere, far north of DIA.

And having done several jobs there, and knowing a couple folks who worked at DIA (I live in Denver), I've yet to hear one suspicious thing about the airport. I've mentioned the theories behind the place - the guys I talked to had a good laugh over it.

The only thing plaguing DIA was a poor choice of artists to hire.

When I entered the coordinates it came up at DIA. On one of the concourses no less.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So these coordinates are close to DIA as well everyone look on google earth and I know things like this don't just show up where it is around such a secretive place like this and I just tryed those coordinates so if you don't land in lake YOU typed it wrong and not me because I manually with my mouse found the coordinates then typed them in after restarting google earth so they are accurate. 40 20' 44.16"n 104 15'24.67"w

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Here:

Hopefully we have an ATS'er that's obsessed with the movie, and know when that particular scene happens!

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Your thread is just silly, you know....but, here is the sequence of scenes:

I STILL say the actors flubbed the original lines. IF you went over an original script, you will probably find the North latitude number should have been 45!

Right there, in the film.....the proper line is, "We're going to need a Geodetic Survey Map of Wyoming".

Wyoming!! NOT Colorado!!!! Sheesh....

Like I said pages ago....in post-production/second unit, they used the numbers that either were mentioned on film, by an actor....or, they screwed up when they inserted the shots of the numbers on paper, and on the computer monitor screen.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just noticed, also....your OP source. A guy named "Lucus". (@ the 'rabbithole' website).

I've seen others start threads based on this person's ridiculous claims and notions....I predict, in some not-too-distant point in the future, "Lucus" shall be recognized as of the same ilk as "Billy Meier" and "Sorcha Faal".

In other words....serial hoaxers extraordinaire......

Don't be sheeple, and follow these sub-human charlatans......

edit on 26 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Feb 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: post restored

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

If you look closely, you can clearly see one of the underground buildings.
It has been over 15 years since they built it. All the rain/snow draining around it shows one
of the underground buildings. There is a tiny structure on top that houses the HVAC units
that circulate the air down below.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, your coordinates are about 46 miles off.
Someone put a small blue "i" at the coordinates. Close Encounters
DIA is to the south.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
post removed by staff

okay you've debunked the thread... approx. 100 times. if this thread is so silly then stop contributing to it.
edit on Sat Feb 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote removed

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Can I get a Mod's help please? I've alerted 3 posts and we have a member here who obviously has a personal vendetta of some sort.

The original written script of the movie is irrelevant and contributes nothing to the thread but confusion.

This member continually insults my intelligence, as well as the reader(s).

I will quote some examples, once again, of attempts to derail this thread:

Doing as the OP suggests is bogus

Not sure which claims take the "silliest" prize.....this one, or the OP's....

Your thread is just silly, you know....

Ridiculous, debunked three ways from Sunday thread idea and concept!!!

If the intent is to bring, and rain, scorn and derision down upon this website, then Mission: Accomplished!

What has happened to ATS? The 'flags' used to indicate a 'good' thread premise. This one misses by many miles

The first derail attempt was nixed quickly as the member had lived there before, but somehow forgot north from south.

This is Disinfo of the highest order ATS, member harrassment right in front of your eyes.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Great thread! The odds of the coordinates landing on DIA are too high to merely be a coincidence.

Steven Spielberg who both directed and wrote the film, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, has stated in interviews that he believes in the existence of extraterrestials. For those who have not seen the movie, it centers on the belief that the US Government is completely aware of ETs and that coordinates given to abduction victims lead them to Devil's Tower where they find UFO's and their occupants.

Coupled with the allegations that ET tunnels have existed, possibly for centuries, underground on a global scale, the area that is now the DIA has been theorized to hold a greater story. It's not difficult to look up the oddities that surround the DIA from the Masonic symbolism, frightening apocolyptic murals, that subcontractors were hired and then abruptly fired so that they could not grasp the entirety of the construction scale of DIA, among many other theories...it all just seems as more than a coincidence.

Perhaps as an ET enthusiast, with what I would assume as quite a vast access to different connections, Spielberg possibly knew something and portrayed it in a film.

The point is, you don't spend $4.9 BILLION dollars, going $2 Billion over-budget (according to NY Times, although some figures point north of $5 Billion) on a RANDOM plot of land.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
wow. the shills are all over this thread.
is it another coincidence?

So many coincidences with this airport.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join