It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Can't Be A Coincidence! Denver Airport Close Encounters Connection

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
The actual movie "numbers" wind up pointing to Ft. Collins....well NORTH of DIA. (DEN).
Quoted for truth.

See for yourself: W 104° 44' 30" N 40° 36' 10"

edit on 2011.2.25 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Signals

Huh??? You mean, you "think" Google Earth is MORE accurate?? Actually, it is....but, not sure HOW you are entering these coordinates.....(see edit below)....

Look at the numbers, man! I converted the latitude for Terminal 'A' at the Denver International Airport to match the format used in the movie. It is clear as day, undeniable...those ARE the proper coordinates.

North 39 degrees, 51 minutes 30 seconds. Movie is 40, 36, 10. THIS location is (one NM per minute) about
36 + 9 = 45 nautical miles North of DIA. It is plain as day.

Get a globe. Get an atlas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude! Face it...you're wrong! I have a sucky slow WiFi speed at the moment...but, pulled up Google Earth. Go to Denver. Move your mouse icon....LOOK at the Lat/Long on the bottom of the screen. Move up until you see
40*36"10' N. Puts you EAST of Ft. Collins, if you are on the 104*52"29' W location (I chose that because there's a nice pond/lake, right there).......

Guess you wanted "flags"?? Well, job well done then. Spend them wisely...

edit on 25 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

STOP DOING IT THAT WAY!

As I stated in the opening post - ONE MORE TIME weedwhacker. It is very simple, very easy.

Go to Google Earth. Plug in the coordinates from the movie, W104' 44' 30' N40' 36' 10'

Then, press search. Where does it go weedwhacker, where?

DIA.

Your attempt at Derailment is denied, you even stated you lived there, but don't know left from right. Really, you're going to have to try harder to take this thread down!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67527ba31dcb.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

The actual movie "numbers" wind up pointing to Ft. Collins....well NORTH of DIA. (DEN).
Quoted for truth.

See for yourself: W 104° 44' 30" N 40° 36' 10"

Use Google Earth,

not Google Maps.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Use Google Earth,

not Google Maps.
I did. The results are identical. You don't know how to format coordinates. It's Degrees, Minutes Seconds. W 104° 44' 30" N 40° 36' 10" Not ' ' ' like you typed in your original post. Copy and paste the numbers as I typed them if you don't believe me. Then look at the coordinates shown at the bottom of the screen in Google Earth like he said to.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I grew up in Aurora, CO- which is right below DIA geographically speaking. I remember friends and news outlets questioning why this airport was being built in the middle of nowhere- and why was it being built at all? Stapleton airport was much more convenient. The PTB said they needed more space for runways or future runways but I'm pretty sure that air traffic wise it's no greater than the old Stapleton airport. Combine that with all the crazy paintings and DUMB conjectures- now add Close Encounters craziness and it is kinda scary!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

tomato, tomatoe! It's semantics we're talking about here!

Open your mind, the movie could have sent a clear message but you're caught up in the details!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Open your mind, the movie could have sent a clear message but you're caught up in the details!

Sorry, I'm caught up in a little thing called undeniable truth. You can't rewrite how the earth is measured just to fit your conspiracy theory.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Whoa........ interesting read.

I can't believe that... lol.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

It is not tomatoes/tomato at all. Your tomato analogy does not compare. Both ways of saying that word are correct, but placing an apostrophe after each number in the coordinates is not correct.

You are right in this matter- It is not a coincidence at all, because the way that the coordinates are written in your OP, incorrectly manipulates the outcome of the search. Weed and Josh are correct.

It is actually as simple as this. Remove all of symbols and only enter in the numbers in this way- W104 44 30 N40 36 10

Using your theory, ^^wouldn't this way be a more correct way of writing the numbers in order to search the coordinates? Closer to the way they actually are in the movie?

I cannot find anywhere on the 'Google Earth-Help' page, where it shows to use only the apostrophe after each number and no other symbol.
earth.google.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
You do have a point.. You don't know how exactly the movie intended to format the numbers. I would suggest as the previous post suggested, the numbers should be just as relevant being punched in exactly as they are in the movie.

I mean who made this guy encyclopedia gps? My first name + my last name - my initials = 18 letters. Maybe I'm the anti christ since you can add up 666 to my name.. Gimme a break, people will find connections in anything..
edit on 26-2-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

There is a dedication marker in the airport inscribed with the square and compasses of the Freemasons, along with a listing of the two Grand Lodges of Freemasonry in Colorado. It is mounted over a time capsule that was sealed during the dedication of the airport. The Freemasons participated in laying this “capstone” (the last, finishing stone) of the airport project. The capstone also is inscribed with a line that simply states "New World Airport Commission", which is purportedly a non-existent organization.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/204eae7a5a10.jpg[/atsimg]

more mysterious murals etc
extraordinaryintelligence.com...

DIA conspiracy files, blog about DIA
diaconspiracyfiles.wordpress.com...
edit on 26-2-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

(...)

The classic movie, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, has a scene where we are sent a signal
, it's a set of numbers. Those numbers are coordinates for the famous Devil's Tower, where of course our first contact with Aliens happens at the end....
(...)
The numbers are 104 44 30 40 36 10.
Let's turn those into coordinates- W104' 44' 30' N40' 36' 10' .
Now, plug those into Google Earth.

Denver International Airport. The movie came out in 1977. The airport was built 16 years later.

This can't be a coincidence!

What makes you think this can't be a coincident?
What principle or "law" is there for use to be sure it can't be just that: a coincidence?
"Hineininterpretierung" is a dangerous game that can lead us to utterly wrong conclusions.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
48 flippin' flags, since my last mention (when there were only 33)!!??!!

Stars all over the most inane posts.

Ridiculous, debunked three ways from Sunday thread idea and concept!!!

Each and every one of you who added a flag....what were you thinking? I mean, is it possible that there exists this much lack of science and technical capacity to merely believe the most outrageous, clearly demonstrably FALSE assertions made by any ATS member, and not do at least the minimal of fact checking, and reading from posts by logical thinkers???

Congratulations.

If the intent is to bring, and rain, scorn and derision down upon this website, then Mission: Accomplished!

edit on 26 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hey, I flagged, starred and applauded because it sparked my imagination, took me on a roller coaster ride, taught me something and illustrated how curious and intelligent ATSers are.

It's this kind of thread that brought me to ATS, even if there may be no connection between the movie and the airport, it's captivating to read.

It seems to me that we need more speculative ideas around here, especially since the MSM does very little real inquiry. And because we dare to think big or outside of the box, we also need people like yourself and Josh who keep us grounded in facts.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The mysterious horse with gloving eyes at DIA
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a295c16a900d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90da5f99e001.jpg[/atsimg]

horse on the cover of Montauk Project, a book about experiments in time
en.wikipedia.org...

The Montauk Project is believed to be an extension or continuation of the Philadelphia Experiment

The book describes the Montauk project where the government sent children far into the future to see if they could read an inscription (or attain esoteric knowledge) from what is described as a giant iron mustang surronded in complete desolation.
edit on 26-2-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've never been to Denver yet, I only live a few hours drive away, but it's definitely on my travel agenda for 2 reasons. To see a Broncos home game and visit DIA. Wasn't Denver the "good" city in Steven Kings "The Stand?" I've heard and read so much about DIA that it's intriguing to say the least.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I agree!

Debunking is a valuable task, as long as you keep your arrogance under control. When you start demeaning others to promote your own place at the table you have crossed the line. Debunkers have a "role" not a right to final authority.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hi, I am pretty sure that it has been discovered but if not I think everyone who has google earth should look at the area south of Roswell at about 50miles elevation and rotate the image 90 degrees to the left so that you are looking at it with the west part on the bottom and top is the east and play with the historical image and go back one year it will surprise you the massive differences and with all the crazy things this year I think it's a sign for TPTB that the S**t is about to hit the fan........Think globally when looking at it. I hope others see what I see when I look at the image.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
That's interesting. I also notice the runways make a Swastica of sorts.

And being they built it out in the middle of nowhere, what are the odds it would be that coordinate unless someone planned it.
edit on 25/2/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

holy moly. it does look like a swastika.
wow. could it be any more obvious?

did anyone see the ground zero memorial/celebration with the eye of horus?

www.youtube.com...

and the video of the eye of horus in the ground zero subway?
www.youtube.com...

or the denver airport visited by jesse ventura on conspiracy theory?
www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-2-2011 by tomekalifornia because: delete [yt] and [/yt]

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by exroyalnavy
Are we sure that this link from the Movie is genuine? If it is not proven then we are chasing our tails. if it is real then.......................eeeeenteresting, no?

IMDB has the same coordinates listed in the "Goofs" section for the movie:

Errors in geography: The coordinates received by the scientists (40°36'10" N, 104°44'30" W) aren't very close to Devils Tower at all. The coordinates are very close to Stage Colorado, east of Ft. Collins, Colorado, almost 300 miles (480 km) away from the monument.

www.imdb.com...

Seems like the coordinates from the movie are legit.

If the coordinates are NOT exactly Devil's tower, but they DO match DIA now, an airport filled with symbolism and imagery/statues of ancient gods (not to mention the painting on the wall), it makes the hair in my neck stand up straight. No coincidence indeed..

What did/do they know?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join