It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Can't Be A Coincidence! Denver Airport Close Encounters Connection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No, no i am not aware of any significance of DIA. Please tell me
thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

One of my links puts those co-ordinates down in Ft. Collins.....it's a community south of Denver, down I-25.

(I used to live in DEN, way back..).

Make sure in GE you are using the right units. In the film, those are degrees:minutes:seconds.

Not sure about GE, but our Nav Charts, and the airplane's navigation units use minutes, and decimals of the minutes, for the "seconds". See? 60 seconds. BUT, two tenths of a minute, for example, is 12 seconds.

SO, N40.35.8 (in aviation parlance) would be North 40 degrees, 35 minutes, 48 seconds to a Mariner, or cartographer.

IF a cartographer wrote it, might write N40:35:48. Can be further sub-divided, of course, to fractions of seconds....but.....not in this case, I don't think. Maybe on GE??

edit on 25 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

There's a multitude of threads & info out there, but here's a start:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thank you

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I don't see the significance at all!, the co-ordinates have to be somewhere right. So Spielberg probably chose an unoccupied piece of land , so as not to lend significance to any place or thing.

16 Years later the build an airport there, No Biggie in my honest opinion.

Have you ever really read about this airport in depth for months? If you have then you might think otherwise.

Signals, this is one of my favorite movies and the only airport in the world I will never fly into.
That place is just too creepy esp after I spent a few months reading about it. Kind of interesting those are the same coordinates. It could mean nothing but it's still interesting.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
As i reside in Co.. about 15 miles west of DIA.. i can say, my apollogies have no proof, but have witnessed extremely fast aircraft departing from DIA direction.. not at "UFO/ALIEN" speed, but faster than any military aircraft ive seen/read.. and i also have electrician friends that have laid hundreds of miles of cable underground in tunnels that are large enough for 4 semi-tractors to travel through.. although they are clueless to their objective, they remain speculative... ive traveled thru DIA numerouse times.. the port is really extraordinary.. stemming from the drive in, to the artwork, sculptures, the whole DIA experience is so differnt from any other airport ive passed thru... Hmmmm.....should i stay or should i go now...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Just musing , I'm supposing that the "tunnell's are no where near any fault lines and are very stable
geologically?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
One of my links puts those co-ordinates down in Ft. Collins.....it's a community south of Denver, down I-25.

(I used to live in DEN, way back..).

ummm that not correct.. fort collins is directly north of denver
edit on 25-2-2011 by snowman9364 because: oops.. the quote from weedwhacker is incorrect... fort collins is not south of denver...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snowman9364

You're right!!!! Brain fart......mixed up Ft. Collins and Castle Rock!!!!

"Fort"...."Castle".....hey, gimme a break....moved away from Denver in 1988!!! ONly there about four years, so....never went back to visit much, either. (Damn, wish I hadn't sold the house, but rented it out instead!!!).....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

of course...break deserved... peace...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

yes im sure they are considering if any major fault lines exist thru colorado, why would engineers build something such as DIA and its secrects.. above such fault lines... ??

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
here's a nice short take on DIA

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by uncuuncu

awesome video! I'm shaking in my combat boots!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by rigel4
I don't see the significance at all!, the co-ordinates have to be somewhere right. So Spielberg probably chose an unoccupied piece of land , so as not to lend significance to any place or thing.

16 Years later the build an airport there, No Biggie in my honest opinion.

Have you ever really read about this airport in depth for months? If you have then you might think otherwise.

Signals, this is one of my favorite movies and the only airport in the world I will never fly into.
That place is just too creepy esp after I spent a few months reading about it. Kind of interesting those are the same coordinates. It could mean nothing but it's still interesting.

Actually I'm so fascinated with the Denver airport that I almost moved to Denver!
Ok I had other reasons for almost moving to Denver but I was kinda psyched about being near some future ground zero. Call it a death wish, or whatever, but I'm quite intrigued. DIA is maybe the most fascinating modern site in the world.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Could you elaborate please?

Post a few links?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

The Movie Close Encounters uses the exact coordinates for the NWO Denver Airport.

Did you really read this thread before posting?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Why did you just repeat this falsehood???:

The Movie Close Encounters uses the exact coordinates for the NWO Denver Airport

The actual movie "numbers" wind up pointing to Ft. Collins....well NORTH of DIA. (DEN).

Gee, I even linked the actual aeronautical chart of the airport diagram, complete with the latitude/longitude grid!

The movie "numbers" for latitude are North 40 degrees 36 minutes 10 seconds.

The airport is at North 39 degrees 51 minutes 30 seconds!!

What has happened to ATS? The 'flags' used to indicate a 'good' thread premise. This one misses by many miles?? :shk:

BTW...a good rule of thumb is, each one minute of latitude is about ONE nautical mile. A NM is slightly longer than a statute mile....6,076 versus 5,280 feet. Just FYI......

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Why must you continue with this idea of changing the units and using airplane charts instead of Google Earth?

It is what it is weedwhacker.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Huh??? You mean, you "think" Google Earth is MORE accurate?? Actually, it is....but, not sure HOW you are entering these coordinates.....(see edit below)....

Look at the numbers, man! I converted the latitude for Terminal 'A' at the Denver International Airport to match the format used in the movie. It is clear as day, undeniable...those ARE the proper coordinates.

North 39 degrees, 51 minutes 30 seconds. Movie is 40, 36, 10. THIS location is (one NM per minute) about
36 + 9 = 45 nautical miles North of DIA. It is plain as day.

Get a globe. Get an atlas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude! Face it...you're wrong! I have a sucky slow WiFi speed at the moment...but, pulled up Google Earth. Go to Denver. Move your mouse icon....LOOK at the Lat/Long on the bottom of the screen. Move up until you see
40*36"10' N. Puts you EAST of Ft. Collins, if you are on the 104*52"29' W location (I chose that because there's a nice pond/lake, right there).......

Guess you wanted "flags"?? Well, job well done then. Spend them wisely...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I meant for you to elaborate about the "extreme weirdness" of DIA

Edited to add:

Yes, I read the thread..
edit on 25-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join