It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

America Has no ties or influence what so ever with Libya and Gaddafi

Yes they do with Egypt & Bahrain they bank roll the Egyptian military 2 billion a year & base the 5th fleet in Bahrain but Gaddafi ??? what ties/influence does the US have over Libya? It trades all its oil to Europe

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Look at the big picture guys, Qadafi is one of their men, and everything he does has its purpose. He may be massacring his own people and it will be displayed all over the news so that the west can DEMAND someone intervene which will give them an excuse to do it to any country with or without a reason, think about it, they are not stupid.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'd be interested to know who sold him those planes.

US, or Russia?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If they are counting on the UN to save them, they will be waiting a while....

And while I can sympathize, the days of the US being the world policeman are over. They're on there own now. Good luck.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by inkyminds
I'd be interested to know who sold him those planes.

US, or Russia?

I don't know the entire arsenal of the Libyan airforce, but the two that refused to bomb the citizens and defected to Malta were French built Mirage jets, according to the news wire.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Yeah, cus it's not like they've ever done that before. [rolls eyes]

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This is a complete atrocity! What right does this dictatorship have in choosing whether their citizens live or die. This "LEADER" should be F!@#$%^ dismembered as soon as possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Yesterday, Fox News showed several Libyan aircraft who's crews had defected to Malta because they didn't want to follow the orders, so their military is not all bad.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There should be an organization of international revolutionaries, not westerners only, but people from all over the world. They would go and help people in countries all over the world fight against their evil dictators and oppressive regimes, but only with the locals' permission, so it wouldn't be an invasion or unjust intervention or anything like that. They would be a lot quicker, more flexible, and less bureaucratic than the UN, which is often useless because it has to consider a lot of things before it jumps in and it takes forever for them to meet, because they are not really expecting a big situation all the time. Whether or not to get involved would be determined not by a vote, but by a set of criteria like "Do the people there need and want us there," "Is it realistic," etcetera. Then the organization would throw a committee of volunteers together and they would go do it. Not everyone in the group would have to help with every situation, but if a large enough group wanted to go, and if the situation met the criteria, then they could use some of the organization's funding for it. Everything they did would be under local jurisdiction, so they weren't forcing their ideas on a population that didn't want them. They would just be there to help people were not strong enough or experienced enough to do it on their own and clearly wanted help.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

The majority of their air force is pre 1989 Soviet aircraft.

They have 10 French Mirages, had 12.

They have 40 Su-17s, 120+ Mig-23s, 100+ Czech L-39s, and 100+ Serbian G-2s.

Most of their air force is grounded though due to Libya being unable to maintain it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Darkrunner

The majority of their air force is pre 1989 Soviet aircraft.

They have 10 French Mirages, had 12.

They have 40 Su-17s, 120+ Mig-23s, 100+ Czech L-39s, and 100+ Serbian G-2s.

Most of their air force is grounded though due to Libya being unable to maintain it.

Alright cool. Thanks for the info!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Libya's interior minister said Wednesday he has quit the government and is supporting the protesters, who he predicted will achieve victory in "days or hours."

www.cnn.com...

Good news if this plays out

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I havn't seen anyone mention it yet but the US State Dept has ordered all US citizens to evacuate. A ferry will be arriving from Malta in the next four hours at the Port of Tripoli.

US to evacuate Americans from Libya by ferry
www.google.com...
edit on 22/2/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

edit on 22-2-2011 by Novatrino because: (no reason given)

I don't think that these civilians give a damn about what type of airplane kills 'em. The point is that they kill them

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There will be be NO easy solution's, even if it this is being reported at the moment! Reason being is that this is NOT Egypt and this Is NOT Tunisia!

I KNOW that right now that this seems at the point where the government of Libya is at the brink ....but I have a VERY hard time believing that this is where the tyranny will end and the democracy will start

Nova

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well this is not a tricky situation. It will play out and in the end (or the beginning). Those with a pure heart may win. I will pray tonight for the situation.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vampiri
Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? Other then one person saying it and another hearing of it?

Complete madness if true and not that i am hoping it is but it would be good with some documentation.

If it is happening every 20 min it should be possible to get some... We do not want any large military force running in guns blazing, keeping the peace on the bases of rumours now do we?

Here are reports of two fighter jets and two civilian helicopters landing on Malta , seeking asylum for being ordered to bomb though.

(translated from Norwegian)
link
edit on 21-2-2011 by Vampiri because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2011 by Vampiri because: (no reason given)

Are you kidding stop Arab tyrants from murdering their own bloodlines? not this administration...Reagen sent a team of F-111's and dropped a smart bomb danger close to Kadafi...remember?....G.Bush invaded Iraq G.W.Bush Invaded Iraq and brought Sadam to justice... B.H.Obama hummmm let me see, still looking, ummm still looking, ok found it.Hillary tells Kadafi "You better stop it mister!"

Its easy for me to see that the same agitators motivating the Arabs are in Wisconsin and Indiana and the number of states will grow as China closes the vault....Its coming here...we can feel it. The Whitehouse needs a scape Goat, this will be the issue while the politicions pick up the cash and run to illinois,Rom Emanual trying desperately to gain an office in Chi Town, any body else making the connection as another put it in a thread. But tell me can they hide from 299,995,396,000 pissed off gun toating Patriots? +- women and children willing to carry firearms?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

you have to be kidding me.

You're PROMOTING neo-con efforts?

But tell me can they hide from 299,995,396,000 pissed off gun toating Patriots? +- women and children willing to carry firearms?

That is a lot of Patriots. Tell me, where are they coming from, these 300 billion like minded Patriots?
edit on 23-2-2011 by inkyminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

dont you have summoning sickness?
cool avatar.

everyone wants part of this debuckle now. its insane how other country's stand up like farmers and go. WE THINK THAT... its like who gives a # your over there. were here. piss off.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by inkyminds

america where else...did you miss any of my post or was I to only to include NRA regestard Republicans?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join