It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The Russian military says airstrikes haven't happened.
Article
Don't forget that the media told us there were WMDs in Iraq, and that turned out to be false.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm very confused. And I certainly don't want to come off as an apologist for Qaddafi, but I have to mention that RT was reporting that the Russian military via the space station has observed no such bombings.

So, someone is not being truthful. I think that an observation made is that there are no pictures anywhere online of the planes doing the bombing.

Also, all of the accounts of the bombing are second-hand. And the supposed first-hand accounts are by anonymous Libyans and Libyan-Americans who always use a fictitious name out of fear of Qaddafi's forces going after their families.

So, my thought is that Qaddafi is a megalomaniac and brutal despot who will be ruthless towards those who go up against his power, but that also he is in denial of how much he has lost in the last few weeks of change there (both geographically and credibility).

However, perhaps, for reasons of "national security" (in other words the 2% oil production in Libya) it behooves our government or certain special interests within it to make Libya out to be quite a bit more on-the-edge or "tinderboxy" than it really is.

So, someone is stretching the truth and I honestly don't know what to believe, Putin's mouthpiece or the Pentagon's interconnected mouthpieces.

Also, I would add that the independent liberal media would be expected to parrot the outrage of attacks on peaceful protests, especially by war planes and call for international intervention > UN > US > NATO.

Meanwhile, the corporatists and their so-called conservative sheep will toe the "invasion" line (read for, "circumvention" of the UN step that would be necessary in the "liberal" logical viewpoint). We have to prevent Al-Jammiyah Al-Glennbeckistan Al-Kaliffah, right? Plus, the oil prices!

Any ideas about the absence of parity in the jets bombing the protests stories?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Yeah, but the protesters are really Al-Qaeda-brainwashed Jihadists all coked up on that pure Bin Laden blow?

That's quite imaginative?

I mean, if anything, they should be strung out on the best Afghan heroin Al-Qaeda could supply...and combine that with the local hash...I'm pretty sure these people should be sitting on their couch watching the Arabic dubbed version of Family Guy on Al-Jazeerah.

Perhaps the translator is being artsy with his interpretation of Qaddafi's words - or he's a lunatic (although that seems to be the narrative in the American Populous. Someone last night on NPR was poo-pooing the idea that Qaddafi could be written off as just a nut and that he is very calculating, citing that he has been the ruler of that country for 41 years.

Very bizarre, this all is...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lol at the confusion. Russia cant intervene but will lose out if rebels take power. West benefits if rebels win. Simple. As to what is really going on. I am believing Russian reports more than Western at the moment.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join