It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom
reply to post by Vampiri

I said all and I meant all. Now let's clear up what evidence is shall we:

Evidence - noun:
The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Surely you can agree that this is all evidence that this particular supposition is true? Or am I debating with a lunatic?

I again say that we have have 0 evidence of this being true. You apparently don't know what that means. We have one source for this news. Every other news outlet is quoting that same source.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

The UN should rush a meeting to convict Qaddafi of war crimes, quickly throw blue paint on some available fighter jets, and eliminate Qaddafi. I think it would be a nice touch for them to drop flares and medical supplies as a show of support for the Libyan people

Exactly, but will they (the UN) decide to do so in time?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

the only uk forces recruiting at the moment are the royal marines , and thats cos the paper crunchers cant agree if they are army or navy and who's budget they should come from. mind you theres no point sending them in as there is no transport left and i think even a marine will bitch about a 1000 mile yomp.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Lybian ships heading to Malta:
www.google.com...:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=m9ZjTdKAJ8KB8gaug8SADA&ved=0CDMQ5QU

OBviously the commanders of the military are still listening to dick-lips.

Ooh! That's EXACTLY the sort of excuse needed for the international community to involve itself in the fracas! If Libya is dumb enough to stir the pot outside it's own borders, all bets are suddenly and irrevocably off.

I still wouldn't lift a finger personally, but I'm heating up the popcorn oil right NOW!

This could get interesting, really fast.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
At this point, Khadaffi knows its all or nothing. He cant just step aside, because he would be arrested and or executed, so in his eyes, he has to maintain power, or he gets imprisoned and probably killed. The time where he could have given up power and lived peacefully, is over now.

So he will do whatever it takes to hold onto power, even if it means continuing to be ruthless. Hopefully however, he will be taken out by the Libyans

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Right Now Video Clinton expected to address the Libyan unrest

Interested to see what is said about this.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer
Right Now Video Clinton expected to address the Libyan unrest

Interested to see what is said about this.

Stop poking your nose in other peoples business America!

What's any of this got to do with bloody Clinton?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Now the Chinese are promising an all out effort to evacuate their citizens from Libya. They're even setting up an emergency team to coordinate this. This from a country who has no problem with firing on it's own citizens.

"The official Xinhua News Agency said President Hu Jintao ordered "all-out efforts" to protect Chinese in Libya and the State Council, China's Cabinet, ordered an emergency team be set up to co-ordinate the evacuation of any stranded Chinese."

Chinese Evacuation

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

we are in a tough spot right now.
if the u.s speaks up or gets involved people we will be demonized.
if the u.s stays out of it we get demonized.
its a lose lose situation. people will consider us the bad guys no matter what.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

i would'nt be surprised if china came into this as the heroes THINK OF ALL THE OIL THAT WILL BE UP FOR GRABS!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I am still listening to her speak in the background as I respond to your post. As far as I have heard so far, America has not poked their nose in anything having to do with the crisis in Libya so i have no clue what you are even talking about. All she has said so far is that the Libyan Government needs to step up take control and protect their citizens and the "Entire International Community" has agreed that the violence needs to stop. She was then asked a couple of questions about the 4 Americans that were killed by the Somali pirates and the press conference has just now ended on that note. So not sure where were poking our noses other than simply addressing the issue, but you can settle your a$$ down now.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

we are in a tough spot right now.
if the u.s speaks up or gets involved people we will be demonized.
if the u.s stays out of it we get demonized.
its a lose lose situation. people will consider us the bad guys no matter what.

What if the protesters asked for US warplanes to come over and take out Gadaffis forces. Would that be enough ?

I don't know how or who would be listened to as there is no known opposition leader.

The Libyan Ambassador in US called for immediate UN action, but UN doesn't do immediate.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

UN assistance seems to be the only course of action as i fear any us involvement will destabilise the area further

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

My take on what Clinton was saying is that it's up to the Libyan government to take control of this issue, but we will be keeping a watchful eye on our own interests over there. And that every member of the International community is in agreement that the violence needs to stop. As an above poster stated, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't help, but as of right now it doesn't appear the US is in any way getting involved.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
reply to post by thewesticle

How do you mean? As in they won't revolt or they will go on the serious offensive?

it woud be good if nato were used for things like this instead of all the warmongering..

kx

You ARE kidding, right?

How is NATO prosecuting a war in Libya any different from NATO prosecuting a war against the Taliban?

War is war. If you don't want me to take the bad guys out in one place, I'm disinclined to take them out in any other place.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

Because war is war.

i kinda see it different. the military in ibay is being used to bomb there own people. Taking out some military hardware to stop a genocide occuring in a country where people are demonsrating for change is not the same as occupying a country and creating as much mayhem as you can so that you can put an oil pipeine through there.
but you are right. War is war and it should not be taken lightly..

kx

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

The Libyan Ambassador in US called for immediate UN action, but UN doesn't do immediate.

Isn't that the truth.

If the UN were asked to stop two kids from fighting over a toy, it would go something like this:

:Kids fighting over who gets to play with the toy:

UN holds meeting and comes out the the statement:

"Hey you kids, stop fighting in there!"

:Little Johnny now starts pulling his sister's hair:

UN holds another meeting and comes up with:

"Alright, if you two don't stop this, no dessert tonight for you!"

:Sister now starts giving Johnny a noogie:

Security Council meets and after being vetoed 4 times by the Chinese:

"Don't make me come in there!"

:Yelling and screaming continue over the toy:

Security council meets again, the Chinese only veto 3 times:

"That's it, I'm telling your Mother!"

:kids get tired of fighting and decide to play with different toys:

UN pats itself on the back and the UN President gets a nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.
edit on 22-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If these events are all happening, which I think they are IMO.
It would be nice if we could get even just doctors and medical aid over their.
I'm guessing the region is to volatile though and I don't know what protocols
need to be followed in the international arena.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What if the protesters asked for US warplanes to come over and take out Gadaffis forces. Would that be enough ?

No.

I sure as hell wouldn't want any Venzuelan warplanes strafing American turf if rioters in Cleveland asked for it, and the same principle applies there.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Haha, I haven't laughed so much for ages, thx for that!

The UN are the biggest waste of space ever, it's hold a meeting to decide when we will have our next meeting lol.

Look at how all their effort can simply be ignored and all their fancy resolutions printed out on hundreds of pages simply torn up (Iran).

The only useful thing the UN did was in the initial 80's pilot of the TV series "V", they let the Visitors use the top of the UN Building as a landing pad.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

No.

I sure as hell wouldn't want any Venzuelan warplanes strafing American turf if rioters in Cleveland asked for it, and the same principle applies there.

I think it's ok to help out as a team in a situation such as this, then leave after the deed is done.

Edit: But only if the situation is dire and things have gotten out of control. Otherwise, we mind our business and let them deal with it themselves.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Looking_Glass because: *

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join