It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

www.reuters.com

Libyan warplanes were bombing indiscriminately across Tripoli on Monday, a resident of the Libyan capital told al Jazeera television in a live broadcast.

"What we are witnessing today is unimaginable. Warplanes and helicopters are indiscriminately bombing one area after another. There are many, many dead," Adel Mohamed Saleh said.

Saleh, who called himself a political activist, said the bombings had initially targeted a funeral procession.

"Our people are dying. It is the policy of scorched earth." he said. "Every 20 minutes they are bombing."

Asked if the attacks were still
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is state sponsored genocide. They're using aircraft and helicopters on their own people? Someone needs to stop these atrocities now. Otherwise it's clear that no one cares unless they have something to lose, or gain for that matter.

The U.N. or NATO needs to get organized quickly and do something about this, now.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The West will get accused of invasion. It's a tough one.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
bombings?
looks like kadhffi aint going without a fight
this is getting ridiculous

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This is none of NATO's concern.. IF anything, it would be a UN matter but right now, its an internal Libyan matter.
Let them sort it out.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Unbelievable.

The actions of this dictator will inspire many more citizens in many more countries to seriously examine the idea of revolution.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
The West will get accused of invasion. It's a tough one.

Maybe NATO or UN forces could step in?

Gaddafi is a lunatic. Hopefully after all is said and done he will be removed from power.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thewesticle

How do you mean? As in they won't revolt or they will go on the serious offensive?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? Other then one person saying it and another hearing of it?

Complete madness if true and not that i am hoping it is but it would be good with some documentation.

If it is happening every 20 min it should be possible to get some... We do not want any large military force running in guns blazing, keeping the peace on the bases of rumours now do we?

Here are reports of two fighter jets and two civilian helicopters landing on Malta , seeking asylum for being ordered to bomb though.

(translated from Norwegian)
link
edit on 21-2-2011 by Vampiri because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2011 by Vampiri because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

How do you mean? As in they won't revolt or they will go on the serious offensive?

it woud be good if nato were used for things like this instead of all the warmongering..

kx

link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

it woud be good if nato were used for things like this instead of all the warmongering..

kx

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sorry, but I think we should not intervene. It would turn into an Iraq or S. Africa thing, again.
It is so very sad to see this happening and my heart goes out to all these people.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Helicopter and fighter jet pilots have defected because they didn’t want to fire upon their own people, and good on them. As well as targeting protesters, pilots were ordered to attack military facilities. There are also reports that the Libyan Navy is firing at targets on the shore.

Gadaffi is attempting to restrict and prevent the involvement of defected Libyan military personnel, as well as deterring further defections. Execution orders have been issued to soldiers refusing to fire on protesters. He is worried that the regime could be toppled by his own military as in neighbouring Egypt/Tunisia. The fact that he is hiring mercenaries, some from neighbouring Chad, to supplement his own military even though the Libyan military are generally considered very loyal, says something. Ordering them to fire upon their own people was obviously a step too far for some, a move that was very poorly thought out.

Civil war looks likely at this point, if it isn't already here, and Libyan ambassadors to the UN have called for “full-scale military intervention” by the UN in a press conference. I wouldn't be surprised if reports that Gadaffi has fled/is fleeing the country are true, as an assassination attempt is only a matter of time. It's going to get far worse before it gets better!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No wonder these two pilot defected, they had a conscience.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This makes me sad that some people do not have the ability to question authority and innocent people need to suffer the consequences.

I am not much of a prayer person, but in this case I will make an exception.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just imagine your protesting at the white house
and here comes 10 black hawk helicopters
they start dropping bombs on you...
This is no joke now, what if YOU were them..
I would be extremely pissed off!!!
This ones on TONY BLAIR (aka Benedict Arnold)
Sold COL. A hole all kinds of weapons that now he
is using to kill his own citizens.
(Not to point fingers, I don't know if Blair knew this would happen, all he saw was money signs)
I would love to see stability in that region,
and not an extreme muslim state.
How can you sit by idle and watch people get mowed down by their government?
One more plus for American gun rights.
edit on 21-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vampiri
Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? Other then one person saying it and another hearing of it?

Complete madness if true and not that i am hoping it is but it would be good with some documentation.

If it is happening every 20 min it should be possible to get some... We do not want any large military force running in guns blazing, keeping the peace on the bases of rumours now do we?

Confirmed by CNN reports, well at least somewhat. Now there are more than just one resident saying it.

Lybia Bombing it's own People
edit on 21-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

Originally posted by Vampiri

Confirmed by CNN reports, well at least somewhat. Now there are more than just one resident saying it.

Lybia Bombing it's own People
edit on 21-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

Yea saw that... just spoke a bit too soon

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

talking about revolution is much being heard these days

people in middle east talking about this like they talk about cutting cake

this is not this way and won't work

people who do this should have some kind of plan for future.

other way others who do have plans will go into action.

this is very serious.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Send in the US Marines,,,,"from the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Triploi."
They have been there before.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
all i can say...really...

power to the people

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join