It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Attack on Intelligent people.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
These guys (and a couple of women) think that they can't get laid because they are special and smart.

Einstein was married, AND had an affair with a russian spy.

Newton, an annoying stick in the mud who may have been autistic, was married with children.

But here's the best one.

Stephen Hawking has been married. Twice. He had an affair with his nurse. He has children.

Stephen Hawking, not a looker BEFORE the chair, turns out to be a philandering douchebag with an electronic voice.....and he's still getting more than the "special" people on this thread.

thanks for making my point that all talk of 'balance in your path' and somesuch is just an excuse and completely off topic, even though such a statement surely radiates all the positive vibes inherent in new-age spiritual thinking symbolized by the yin & yang, so that no one in a sane state of mind would question the profound wisdom of such sage advice.

it's of course even wishy-washier than the urban legend derived wannabe-psychology so prevalent on the web, which should (rightfully) be considered the gold standard of superficial excuse making, but who actually willing to admit that? yeah, it's only about power, even those who are so adamantly opposed to oppression (especially of their own sex) will admire and subsequently seek it, don't kid yourselves. i also consider that trait, in its raw and unmitigated form, very un-sexy (and one dimensional... imho, if you value the proceeds but not the person you have no business in a relationship) if you don't mind me borrowing your expressions.

so, thanks, but no thanks, for offering such helpful advice. because before you can be honest to others you need to be honest with yourselves. trivial, eh?
edit on 2011.3.10 by Long Lance because: [ i ] - tags

XL5

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I wish I had not found this thread, its a love hate thing and I hate hating more then the love I have for it. I am 31, IQ about 130-135, male and I'm still a virgin. Heres why, I understand consequence and take things personally, like rejection. In highschool, I was clueless when 2 girls tried to flirt (not at the same time), the rest of the day was spent wondering what it was all about. In HS, I wanted a girl who liked electronics and was as smart as me, couldn't find one. I was looking for a female Spock! Then, by the time I learned enough (19yrs old), found some dating sites, saw how girls AND guys acted, I knew enough that I began to understand that alot of women are having WWI-III going on inside them whether or not they know it and they WILL bring the war to your doorstep with a nice smile (all's fair comes to mind). I learned alot about this war from my mom. In many arguements, she will overlook the facts and in some round about way and not directly, will claim emotions are always right and above the facts. I can admit when I'm wrong, she will not.

So now, I am presented with women who don't know what real love is, want Super Man but will take take Lex over Clark Kent. They don't even consider that Lois Lane will not give her man up and there is only one superman! It seems they just want what they THINK other people have! Yet they complain about what they don't have. Makes me sick to think that women will fall for a guy they don't know and vice versa just because they are confident. It makes me even more sick that they can't figure out that if he doesn't know you, he has nothing to be confident about, other then confident they want down the womans pants, then they complain men are jerks. Some women will claim they want a man taller then they are on online dating profiles, they claim they are not in it for the sex, yet would drop bombs on your head if they got even a hint you thought the hight thing were daddy issues LOL.

For me, I like certainties, I will not go on a maybe unless the consequences are small or none. So rejection and the reasons why I was rejected will rattle around in my head untill I hate that I even bothered. I want some one who understands and accepts me above all else, sex would be great too, because othewise, it seems like alot of work and pain for just sex and or living in an unhealthy relationship. Yeah, clubs and booze might work for sex, but I get massive headaches when I TRY to drink and it seems too dishonest for me, less dishonest then fake confidence though. It will probably take a woman asking for sex outright for me to ever just do it for the sex

What may or may not be true but really makes me wonder some times is if girls/women see all these guys being nice and think in a stereotyping way, think that they are ALL being nice for sex. Thus, turn to the guy who treats them like garbage because he is some how not trying?
Some probably do it for that reason AND as a challange to see if they can tame that bad boy and ride him off into the sunset. IMHO they can't complain in that case. Honestly, it would be nice to know women were not secretly frightened by intelligence. Why they feel the need to be better then others to feel good is beyond me, IMO they need to get a real hobby (shopping is not a hobby).

All that said, I would love to find even a bland smart girl of avg looks even if she were a midget or the direct descendent of the Jolly f green giant. Its just too bad they don't make women...hell every one with body markings that indicate who they are and what they want. You have to dig and hurt to find out and het your heart stomped on to find out and people wonder why stereotypes exist. People will tell you about everything else on facebook.

I would rather be average or stupid and be happy/love and be loved. I chose the wrong pill.

XL5

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Also, just to add what I think about the sex thing. For me, its about finding someone who makes life woth it. I think every guy is "a bit like" me in that they like certainty and know that no matter who the girl is, there is still sex that for the most part they understand and are certain they can get it. For them, the pain is worth it, for intelligent people, we have other intrests we would rather spend our blood, sweat and tears on just as long as it doesn't break our hearts, our minds are fair game though (at least mine is). Then there are too many guys who don't care about certainty or the consequences and go the way of "warrior needs sex...badly, warrior is about to die!" and caring about nothing other then to level up lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i have scanned all these pages and have not yet found the real reason why.
so let me be the first, because they are all nerds.

just a little humor to lighten it up some.

i personally have nothing against nerd's, they are the one's who gave us all the cool gadgets we have now

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

Lateralussicksicksick: Imagine a world where everybody is informed and intelligent, prospering and thinking and fighting the herd mentality. Imagine humanity finally realizing that love is Satan's way of controlling us through a supposed "weakness" (though I do hate how "he" is personified...and I was really hoping that this new world would be smart enough to stop believing lies the government creates for them (religion) and scripture altered to [the government's] agenda).

Have you imagined this utopia?

You can't. If you go by your reasoning, the human race would die out in just a couple decades, Children of Men style. If you're afraid of reproducing because of obvious circumstances where the person you love will eventually die, or out of fear that you'll eventually stop feeling it, I'm afraid this new, intelligent human race would never survive.

The intelligent humans will immediately die off and the more primitive, dumb humans (assuming intelligence is somewhat genetic coupled with the fact that they'd grow up in a primitive environment), with primitive instincts would continue to prosper on this Earth.

Now how reasonable is that?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

Dude, your two posts are so right in every way. Why do I suffer severe depression, have suicidal thoughts often and have to see various therapists? Same reasons you posted on this page.

Thanks for having the balls to say that. You're more of a man for doing that than most of the morons who somehow manage to get sex whenever they damn well please regardless of what they look like or what they do in life.

XL5

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Thank you Curious7. What offers me hope that people will pull their head from their cheeks and work together is that someday probably soon things will get bad enough in some way for people to drop the show. Other then that, music mentaly challanging hobbies and not even thinking about what I have never had help.

My friend says I should find some one and have children as he him self has just done, personally I think he's lost but doesn't know it, I wish he was joking. Need to have a long standing connection first before the thought even occurs.

There are enough people in this world that some one thinks exactly the same way and has the same view to the point that you would think s/he is a mental clone. Its just sad no one is open enough to find out and or that there is no mind reading device given all the other cool stuff we have.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I know I don't ever want children so that's not a worry for me unless somehow I do manage to find someone to connect with and she changes my mind. What sucks is, all the rejections in the past and lack of feeling whatever it is means I missed out on someone potentially great for me because I spent 2 years worrying about saying something and missing her signals completely until when I finally said something, she'd just recently got together with someone else.

At times I'm glad I'm still alive because my intelligence and my skills as a writer and musician can possibly be good for at least one person but at the same time I sometimes wish I was dead because no matter how hard I've tried, there just doesn't seem to be anyone out there willing to even give me a chance. I'm not gonna take just anybody because I have set standards but someone I was attracted to and who felt the same back would be nice.

XL5

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well, not being in the same situation as you I can say, given how people are, if they were not long time friends then it may not last long. Just make sure you around and in her mind, don't go out of your way or do things you wouldn't but don't stay away either. Don't be pushy, just be connectable in a non serious friendly way and hopefully he's like most of the guys out there even though it makes you want to puke. Just don't be around her when he is unless he is super friendly to others in a real way.

I had a few chances in highschool that I had no idea about, if I had known then what I know now, it would be different.I would have went with this slightly chubby girl AND her bro to get coffee, even though I don't like coffee lol. Also, I probably would have helped this beefy girl in electronics class cheat on tests, she had no clue. She was not fat, but she was tall and built like a truck, I didn't feel right about helping her cheat because I didn't want to get caught and I didn't want to get teased if I helped her. If I had the chance to go back I would have helped her get the credit just for that and that alone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Don't be so sexist! Intelligent females have an even bigger problem.
Vicky

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

A: This post is about intelligent *PEOPLE*, not specifically men.

B: What problems? Could you spell some out for us here? Would love to hear it!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Vicky32

A: This post is about intelligent *PEOPLE*, not specifically men.

B: What problems? Could you spell some out for us here? Would love to hear it!

A. Your first post spoke specifically about males.
B. Females have bigger problems because essentially, they aren't the ones who get to do the choosing, and they are the ones left holding the baby (literally) as I was..
Men choose to marry women (and even girls) who are dimmer than they are. They throw their resources behind raising the children of the women who are not so clever. (Those dimmer women bring their sons up to be rugby boofheads (at least here) and their daughters to be decorative dumbasses.)
Meanwhile clever women who manage to marry and have children, get left on their own, raise their actually or potentially clever children to be doomed to frustration, as they can't afford the education they want and deserve. Sometimes, the children of the intelligent women do manage to get educated against the odds, and get somewhere anyway which is why our world staggers on... But by and large, whether men are stupid or clever, they want women who are younger and dimmer than they are - so they can get to be the big Daddy...
Vicky

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ok, I got a serious question to those smart people having trouble finding a guy or girl? Are you looking in the right places? Sadly, the majority of people in this world are not interested in learning. You won't find what you are looking for at the bar, the club, or dating sites. You got to find a social gathering place of likeminded people, that will be interested in what you are. That is really it, people there will find what you have to say interesting. Clubs and bars and dating sites are filled people that are more into having fun, than learning and thinking. They don't find math, science and politics interesting at all, you will not be able to get their attention, let alone keep it. And at the end of the day, you will probably find these kind of people boring as well. All they talk about is TV and sports :p I go to the club when I wanna get laid, I seriously doubt that I will find someone there that will be mate material, but I am not interested in that right now. I have too much on my plate ATM.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is all wrong....those with the highest I.Q's should be breeding the most and those with mediocre or low I.Q's should be breeding less.
When i have my way which i will those with high intelligence will be put on breeding programs to spread their seed.
Within 3 generations you can improve the intelligence of the whole human population.
Selective breeding for intelligence is the way forward.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes

I don't think IQ is passed through genes. I could be wrong, but I have met some pretty stupid kids coming from smart parents, and vice versa.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes

I don't think IQ is passed through genes. I could be wrong, but I have met some pretty stupid kids coming from smart parents, and vice versa.

It's not.... But the point I was making is that if a clever woman has to raise her children alone, and a stupid one has the daddy supporting her, the stupid woman's children will have a better educational outcome, as they have more money!
Goodness knows what point the guy who wants to play eugenics thought he was making!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

It sucks that some woman are put in that situation, I agree. But men on the other hand are also put into crappy situations. We have no choice as to wether we have kids or not, that is all up to the women. I never want kids ever, and I make this clear from the getgo, but that does not matter. I was almost forced to pay for a kid that wasn't even mine. If I would have taken her for her word, I would be paying child support now. She was a cheating.... Well I should stop there, I would probably violate TOS lmao. I just think that bringing kids into the world how it is would be wrong, if things start looking better, maybe I will change my mind

XL5

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The problem with the "right" places is rarity. Chess clubs may be common, but whats an engineer to do, drive/fly to the robot wars competition and hope you meet some one then find out they don't want to travel? There are no auto, robot, electronics clubs and if there are, they are for HS students. Sure there may be HAM clubs, but you pay to join, I don't like radio (ham) and most members are old men. I'd say theres about a 1-2% chance I'd meet a girl my age at a ham club and a 30% chance it may work out, so its pretty slim pickings.

I have thought about just going into a Bestbuy/Futureshop and asking if they carry any single female employees and what the logic to emotion ratio would be on said employees. Even car repair centers...automatic, standard or CVT? What happens though if they do present you with what I'm looking for, awkward! The looks on their faces might be worth having to explain the situation. Heh, if I tried that I might have better luck getting the non fuzzy cuffs and a stay over at a woman in blues place of detention.

I think girls need to start seeking the guys out so they can have their say. I know it may be hard to do because if it goes wrong, the girls will blame them selves, but it does take two to make it work after all.
edit on 13-3-2011 by XL5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

I don't think I would fill out a survey like that. It seems a bit creepy. Not that a survey like that is creepy, just that they want to know is creepy.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join