It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Attack on Intelligent people.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Leonard Cohen is known all over the World, not just Canada. You've probably heard quite a few of his songs in

So he's more of a ''musician'' ?

I'm rather disappointed !

I built him up as some kind of renaissance man...

And yeah, the guy has a rep for being a Wilt Chamberlain type with the ladies. (this is of course where you are going to tell me you don't know who Wilt Chamberlain is.)

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea who Wilt Chamberlain is...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My leg - it feels...pulled.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Of course, because in England we really look out for Canadian singers and actors, because we are lacking in these departments...

No leg pulling... Believe it or not, there are no famous Canadians.

I really can't think of one !

Maybe this Wilt guy is ''famous''...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Actually, Ashish Bagai is a famous Canadian !

64 not out, and guiding his side to a 5-wicket win over Kenya.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Lol no famous canadians? Never heard of wayne gretzky, or ellen paige? There are actually a lot of famous canadians, most people just assume they are americans though

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Perhaps the lower IQ are less likely to think of consequences, and more likely to go with the group mentality of values. Just a thought.

As to famous Candians: Keanu Reeves, Dan Akroyd, Donald Sutherland, Jim Carrey, William Shatner, Leonard Cohen, Alexander Graham Bell (though born in Scotland),
edit on 7-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Lol no famous canadians? Never heard of wayne gretzky, or ellen paige? There are actually a lot of famous canadians, most people just assume they are americans though

Yes, I've heard of Wayne Gretski.

I never saw him play, though. ''Hockey'' is just another American entertainment product, that doesn't constitute sport. Goodness knows how many of his ''legendary'' goals were staged.

North American sport is half play/staged, and it's primarily a source of entertainmant.

European sport is genuine, and a genuine sporting tussle... This is the difference.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Don't tell Canadians their hockey game is child's play, they take it very seriously here.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Don't tell Canadians their hockey game is child's play, they take it very seriously here.

It's not child's play, and I'm sure that the amateur hockey leagues in Canada are fairly and genuinely played...

However, the NHL games involving the Canadian/American sides are pretty much staged. The NHL is geared to ''entertainment'', rather than an ethos of the best side winning.

If you actually watch some of this stuff, then you'll see some WWE type ''show'' and rigging of the result going on...

The primary motivation for sport in Europe is the fans. The primary motivation for sport in the USA/Canada is money... Need I say more ?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Canada wins in the big league hockey as well. In fact, it was invented in Canada, they believe by some British soldiers putting around a ball on the ice, and its considered all canadian.

We took the gold at the olympics.

And are naturally gifted at hockey.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Most of us here make rinks in the backyard lol. I don't know what to say about the whole "staging" of NHL games... All the games I been to sure didn't seem that way to me. I can't prove you wrong, but you also couldn't prove such a thing. It is a fun game to play, and a lot more exciting to watch than any other sport IMO. I don't like a lot of the new rules that have come up, but that is because I am a defenseman, and it kind of takes away some of the tools we had to have an impact in the game besides scoring goals. If it keeps changing the way it has, pretty soon it will be 5 forwards, against 5 forwards, with rediculously high scoring games lol. Kind of offtopic, my bad.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Uh, males and females are intelligent. If they are both intelligent.....

It seems that many intelligent people are merely cerebral narcissists that acquire enough narcissistic supply without the need for a partner.

In my case, I could certainly take to a mate. Just not really interested in dating a lot of people. I'm just waiting for an exceptional woman to come my way that loves me in spite of all my quirks, and I her. If it doesn't happen, oh well...life is less complicated. It really doesn't have to be more difficult that that.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Of course, because in England we really look out for Canadian singers and actors, because we are lacking in these departments...

No leg pulling... Believe it or not, there are no famous Canadians.

I really can't think of one !

Maybe this Wilt guy is ''famous''...

Ouch. You might rip my leg right out of its socket.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Your graph and your explainations are completely disassociated from each other.

Explain your position using logic instead of stupidity.

You're putting meaning on a graph that doesn't mean what you are claiming.

You are trying to obfuscate my point by holding your fingers in your ears and humming.

If you can't understand simple concepts such as socialization, then perhaps you should refrain from attempting to "Make Points" of your own willful ignorance...

I am embarrassed for you, honestly.

I could put up a picture of the ABCs and claim that it indicates that Alpha Centauri is about to go supernova too.

Explain how your ignorant use of a straw man fallacy disguised as a metaphor applies to my point, or proves it wrong.

Use big words, and no emotional appeals, I count off points for that kind of stupidity.

It would make as much sense as you putting up a bell curve of intelligence, and associatig your personal views on intelligence onto it.

No, in fact, it would make LESS sense than me pulling up a bell curve of intelligence, and associating COMMON KNOWLEDGE to the graph in a very meaningful way.

Whereas your "Metaphor" is deliberately designed as an attempt to ridicule.

I'm starting to think that you are just REALLY HORRIBLE at logic, and I don't think I'm alone in this thought, honestly.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It is a lack of balance the reason a lot of intelligent people seem to be horrible when it comes to that game. They focus all their time on thinking and such, but ignore the physical and social aspect of the game.

I think you are completely ignoring the "Cutthroat" nature of social hierarchies, where people who attack others, are seen as "Superior"

Also, the behavior of the women at this age, to be attracted to those who are PERCEIVED to be the "Best" as evidenced by the opinion of the masses who don't know what reality is... and believe that merely expressing an opinion with CONVICTION is the same thing as being right.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

I think you are completely ignoring the "Cutthroat" nature of social hierarchies, where people who attack others, are seen as "Superior"

they love that part, can't you see that? genuine mistakes, are rare, as is cognitive dissonance, while dishonesty is abundant. the desire to mock whom they perceive as losers is just to strong to ignore for many people, even though it's about as productive as the rest they do, including they dispensing of advice.

Also, the behavior of the women at this age, to be attracted to those who are PERCEIVED to be the "Best" as evidenced by the opinion of the masses who don't know what reality is... and believe that merely expressing an opinion with CONVICTION is the same thing as being right.

not just women, nearly everyone and if you don't follow the pattern, why, you're probably a wimp

tbh, i have a hunch that you don't really wish to analyse the perils of 'social selection' you only want to reverse the current paradigm.... is that the case?

====================================================================

Originally posted by TKDRL
My 2 cents, don't have time to read the whole thread, so sorry if someone already said it. It is a lack of balance the reason a lot of intelligent people seem to be horrible when it comes to that game. They focus all their time on thinking and such, but ignore the physical and social aspect of the game. Being smart is great, and if you are lucky you might get rich and have a hot gold digger on your arm. But a lot of intelligent people also seem to be total wimps, pushovers, and socially awkward. That is very unattractive. Same goes for the people that can't think their way out of a cardboard box, but are really athletic. It is all about balance.

observation of real life will quickly demolish every single aspect in that paragraph. if you're so much into stereotyping as you apparently are, will you mind me describing you as some pretending emo who will feel the need to coat anything they really mean in transparent lies ??
edit on 2011.3.9 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Emo? Haha good one. Not even close, was a nice try though, maybe you thought that was going to hurt my feelings or something? And it is the truth what I said, it is biology at work. People perceived as strong and fun, but still smart and witty are more attractive. People with natural good looks are perceived as more attractive. People with money and power are perceived as attractive. People that can't look people in the eye, can't hold a conversation, look physically weak, are perceived as less attractive.
edit on Wed, 09 Mar 2011 07:03:23 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

nah, i'm just trying to give you some idea what it's like to be on the receiving end of ad hominem, i mean does not really need not be accurate to annoy, does it? To some, posting in this thread apparently must indicates a deep rooted personal problem, who aren't at all shy to emphatically express their suspicions and maybe even less reluctant to consider them fact.

What a lot of blather about the fact that you can't negotiate a simple romp in the sack.

assuming much?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
These guys (and a couple of women) think that they can't get laid because they are special and smart.

Einstein was married, AND had an affair with a russian spy.

Newton, an annoying stick in the mud who may have been autistic, was married with children.

But here's the best one.

Stephen Hawking has been married. Twice. He had an affair with his nurse. He has children.

Stephen Hawking, not a looker BEFORE the chair, turns out to be a philandering douchebag with an electronic voice.....and he's still getting more than the "special" people on this thread.

Please keep telling me how a study about how teenagers who are smart are more likely to put off sex until they are older is commentary on how smart people are discriminated against for sex. Please.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thinking on this some more I have come to the conclusion that, to get laid if your on the more intelligent side, and dont have the money or looks, or shiny things or are a female, or whatever else is needed to get laid, or attract a mate. But to stay on topic, and in light of the idiocracy movie and the good point it made, and as to save myself some time in writing and explaining things.

I really do believe that these intelligent people really need to be "less intelligent" in such situations, or at least less analytical concerning the topics of matting and getting laid and all that junk. And should learn to be, oh how do I put this delicately. You need to be "more dumb" because, being dumb is also a useful trait to have in some scenarios.

My advice, alcohol can make things more smooth in that endeavor, especially when it come to the getting laid game. But with practice you should be able to dumb yourself down, on call when needed, and do things without thinking or over analyzing things, when needed, like you know in this example of, the prospect of getting totally hammered and sleeping around with strangers.

Hey it worked for humanity for untold generations both for males and females, and chances are if it was not for alcohol there would be a lot less marriages going on. After all nobody would want to get married if they saw how things would go down in the long run.
Or if it was not for the millions to billions of years of biology then there would be no even wanting to be around the opposed sexes. So since we cant yet get rid of the biological constructs, then the next best thing is not seeing things to clearly or intelligently, because seeing things for what they actually are, is not a pretty sight, thats why all these memetic thought constructs were made, especially when it concerns the matting games between humans.

Here is a test to help all y'll brainy people, in being more dumb. And after you take the quiz, if you are in the low percentage of being stupid, then you failed, and need to practice on being less smart. Quit all that reading about things that your doing.

www.stupidtester.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join