It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space weather is going to rule our lives unprecedented! Scientist are asking our help!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
what is the focus of this thread? i am lost is it weather or aliens or just fear mongering . the perfect sink whole is scary but none the less if we dont create overall judgments bringing everything into some kind of universal event it is all quite harmless

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by XtraTL

Statisticly up?
And why did this go up from 2000 till now ? to plus 5 percent did you checked that ?

It went up because of the last solar cycle (number 23), which unsurprisingly PEAKED in March 2000.

And it didn't go up until now. That's wrong. It's back on its way down again, as I explained in full. You didn't read what I wrote.

As for the plus 5%, that's plus 5% of what? Try understanding the data first.

And the largest peak ever? Do you know how many peaks have ever been measured?

It I told you the weather today was the hottest I had ever recorded and I had been keeping records since last Thursday, would you run out and buy a nuclear bunker.

This reminds me of an onion news spoof:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-2-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

They are not talking about the Oort Cloud of the Solar System, but about another interstellar cloud. I read the report by NASA, and some of the other links but I didn't watch the video.

However, I showed that even back in 1978 scientists knew that "in the near future" the Solar System would encounter a new insterstellar cloud which could very well change the terrestrial climate.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Okay maybe your right, I did see the dropping in the measures. But what I saw in 2010 that looked like one of the highest ever measured but yes it is dropping and if you look at the overall measure statistic it shows indeed almost the same pattern . But why did NASA published this message Nasa cosmic rays There's so much contradiction between scientific studies who's right and who's wrong. I sometimes can't see the trees in the Forrest anymore?
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I also did a check from when they start measuring this and somewhere in 2010 they a very high peak the highest ever recorded.
I also think this massage had something to do with that?

can you fill me in on that?

News ! Problems with Internet connections occurred on 28-29-Oct-2010. No data lost
[/quote
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

It looks like the link I posted expired. But you can generate the data yourself. On that Oulu page, at the bottom, you can ask it to plot a graph from 1965 to the present and you'll see what I had. It shows the graph going up and down out of phase with the sunspot cycle (which you can find by googling "solar cycle").

Let me repeat: the reason for the up and down of this graph is fully understood. It is due to the changes in the sun's magnetic field and the indirect effect that has on shielding earth from cosmic rays. Anyone who tells you it is a sign of impending doom doesn't understand basic science. The sun has been doing this for longer than humans have been on the planet.

Actually, there are ice core samples which act as a proxy for cosmic ray measurements. It seems there were "unusual" peaks in cosmic ray intensity around 1800 and 1900. About 30 years later in each case a fluctuation of 10-15% in the cancer rates was noted from medical records. This provides some circumstantial evidence that there is a significant (though still small) increase in cancer rates due to periodic fluctuations in cosmic ray flux.

However, if you fly on an aeroplane the exposure to cosmic rays is supposedly 20 times higher than at ground level (I guess the web pages that say 265 times are just bunk). Indeed the incidence of certain types of cancer is twice as high in airline pilots and cabin crew as it is in the general population.

Based on that, I'm not going to get all bothered about a 5% natural change in the flux due to a known phenomenon which has already happened 3 or 4 times in my life.

So there is a slight increase in your cancer risk from cosmic rays, but it has nothing to do with any doomsday predictions.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Kratos40

yeah well were not always on the same time at the same place!

At least in this spatial capacity we are. Time is irrelevant according to new physics models. The only "space weather" I can see is that a cloud of anti-matter, or dark matter will pass through our solar system. Either annihilating our gas giants or even worse, because of dark matter's inherent mass properties, move our orbital periods around the Sun.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Been lurking for a while and thought I'd chime in on this one. I've been researching these things for a while and came to realize a few things. First thing I realized is that history and the things ahead of us are all falling into cycles. As looney as it sounds, most everything out there is running a cycle. I'll share some of the info I've found.

Our solar system rotates around our galaxy just like we do around our sun, and it takes about 220 million years.
In our galaxy are 'feeder bands' - like the ones on a hurricane, and radiate out from galactic center.
In that cycle we hit an arm every 63 million years or so. It is a general consensus that we have a spectacular event every 63 million years. That was 65 million years ago. Last time we went through a galactic arm, the earth had a major event (we'll just say this is where the K/T Boundary was made), as it passes through a thicker cluster of debris. The one that get me to thinking is the Galactic Superwave theory in which an explosion eminates from our galactic center every 13,000 years and sprays the galaxy with resonant gamma bursts. It happened about 13,000 years ago. I also figured out that interglacial periods usually only last about 10,000 years, and we are at the end of our interglacial. Other studies have noted patterns that earth goes through some solar event every 11,500 - 12,000 years (which is also the last time we had a magnetic reversal. It's a given that our sun has an 11 or 12 year cycle and that it usually does a magnetic flip during that time, usually during a mimimum. Our last mimimum started early 2008 and it has yet to move towards its maximum. Lots of info about global cooling at www.iceagenow.com .Also during the mimimum the sun emits less energy therefore allowing the earth to slightly cool. When it cools, it was also discovered that there is an expected collapse of the stratosphere. The collapse in 2008 was 28% larger than expected. They knew the stratosphere would collapse. It happens every minimum! What they didn't mention is that 60% of the reason for such a large collapse is 'unknown'. Yet they mention nothing about the 'Auroral Research' (better known as HAARP). They were warned that if they played with HAARP that they would punch a hole in the ionosphere, and guess what happened? When the suns output drops, it affects the earths core, hence the cooling, followed by a lowered geomagnetic field (which is at 40% strength). If you've ever put a magnet in the freezer, you notice the magnetic field dims, just like when it gets too hot. But with the cooling the core slows down. Normally we recover from it as the sun moves into maximum activity. We appear to be drawing near to the completion and rebirth of another cycle. How we will fare through it, I don't know. It may or may not happen, but nobody can say for sure. All I can really say is, the equations are there. The probabilities are quite convincing.
I'm not trying to panic anyone, just relaying some things I've figured out. It is ironic that these cycles come to play into the Mayan calendar. What may happen is a galactic superwave during the time of our alignment with galactic center. That's just my guess, but I'm optimistic that it will just be a 'y2k' type of event. Let's hope I'm wrong about the cycles

A little more info on the Galactic Superwave theory. It is suspected that our galactic center (assumed to be a black hole) 'pops' every 13,000 years or so, and is suspected to be reliable just like Old Faithful in Yellowstone. There have been times where we dodged the shockwave but caught the pulses (possibly due to an interfering body between us and the center). About 13,000 years ago we noticed a drop in biodiversity (and abandonment of ancient cities), which may have been caused by gamma bombardment to our atmosphere. Although the intensity or realtime effects are unknow since there is no recorded text about it, but signs appeared in core samples.
edit on 19-2-2011 by OuttaTime because: adding...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
while you have a valid point, I have to ask, which version of the bible? youngs literal translation? original hebrew?! or one of the many well known edits through out time?

I don't mean this as any sort of insult to christianity as I have stated before, I find some truth to the message, if not in the overall book's (because the bible is not one book its a collection of them) I just wonder if most would simply pick up whatever copy and assume its as accurate as the original 2000+ year old texts.

Ummm....Perhaps, "The Nag Hammaddi Library", or "The other Bible", or, "The long discourses of the Buddha", or, Native American "folklore", etc. My point is that, every culture has endtimes historical mythology, from Gilgamesh, to Hinduism, to Mayan calanderic epochal reboot. If you read into these "prophecies", you'll find that
they describe a "renewal" or the beginning of a new epoch, not extinction or extermination.

YouSir

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am not going to speculate one way or the other, because I am not a doomsayer. However, I do believe that all of these seemingly "out of the ordinary" events are starting to add up and happen more frequently as time goes by. I have no evidence to back up what I feel, other than to say that I just have a "gut feeling" about it all. What I have a "gut feeling" about, I don't know. The world we live in is constantly changing, and has been since the first human walked the Earth. What I find intriguing is the fact that we are living in times where people would rather bury their heads in the sand than at least try to seek out the truth. Has science, religion, civilization, etc. reached a pinnacle? I feel as though we are at a point of stagnation. Yes, I understand that scientific discoveries happen every day, but it feels like they are small steps as opposed to gigantic leaps.

I liken this feeling to exercise (as this has been on my mind a lot lately, and I cannot stop doing it). As your body begins to get used to the types of workouts that it is being put under, it plateaus. It stops seeing the activity as exercise, and just something that it is used to doing. In order to continue to either build muscle, or lose fat, one has to adjust and change the types of activities that one does in order to reach a more challenging way of building the muscle or losing fat. I feel that this is what is happening to our civilization. We have reached a point where we collectively think (whether we say it or not) that we know everything that we need to know about our world. In order to compensate for this, the cosmos is throwing new "exercises" our way by means of these new space discoveries, unusual "natural" occurrences, etc.

I truly believe that we are living in exciting times. Some of us may even live long enough to see major paradigm shift, whether it be caused from a natural disaster of Biblical proportions, an energy discovery, ET contact, or any number of other huge paradigm shifts. What frightens me the most is not the changes in and of themselves; my biggest fear is the reaction of the 6 billion plus people on this Earth when these changes do occur.

I find the influence of space weather on our own weather patterns very interesting, and since it seems like monitoring these phenomena is a fledgling science, I only hope that we can get some of the best and brightest of our scientists on these discoveries.

Very exciting times indeed.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
These pictures are really awesome, even if this is the beginning of galactic/solar weather hitting earth I'd still like to visit these light pillars and maybe take a few pics myself. As for meteors, I've found a few pieces of meteorite near the beach where I live and they've been showing up more and more lately.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I know some pictures show that it looks like there are massive stations or whatever they look like are orbiting our sun. Its hard to tell what they are, but I somehow cant understand that when scientist are asking our help to look at the suns activity and we point out that we are seeing strange objects they not confirm what the normal people see.

This also reminds me of sun blocking when trying to see "UFOS"...

When you utilize a high tech camcorder to record the sky directly around the sun from a spot that will shield the camcorder from filming the sun directly, and then begin zooming out in magnification, odd, ghostly objects begin appearing, some stationary, some streakingly fast, and others that appear grouped. Interestingly, very few look anything remotely considerable as an object utilized for galactic travel... but we're talking aliens here, right? if they're here, lol, that means that they know about more things than we do, so it needs to be asked - who are we to call that 'nothing'... as if we had the ordered to go text book on how this universe works.

However, these anomalies and the topic of this thread suddenly sparked a thought within me that I'd never thought of before: if a certain star system had the ability to create biologics (such as ours), could it then be said that that system itself might be biologic?

If so, can it become diseased like biologics can?

If so, can these UFO anomalies instead be something akin to CYSTIC FIBROSIS? (material filaments accumulating into dangerous 'diseased' byproducts formed from increased extrasolar pressurised bombardment)

Your call...

If this expressed thought is indeed true, will the buildup of additional material within the embrionic Heliosphere begin to intensify pressures? Intensify gravities? Intensify Influences?

Would this concept, once matured into it's final symptimatic conclusion harden the 'arteries' of our system's star and cause it to exhale it's (and our) last breath into premature supernova?
edit on 20-2-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
just saw this on DISH Earth. Not sure what caused it but it looks like a shockwave.
Let me know what you think. In case you want to find the footage it was on DISH Earth 2/20/2011 02'45 or 12:02 am.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Cosmic rays are coming in fast and hard from the galactic center = Human evolved

Solar cloud/ star dusts = Virus = if you survive the "change"...

From third dimensional consciousness to four dimensional consciousness = Our Mother Earth "evolved too...

Good lucksss to all humansssssssss on our "Evolved Mother Earth"...hopefully she has mercy for your souls!

S N F for the OP. Good work!
..keep it going.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Great research you did
I know that there are many models of what could happen in different scientific scenarios I also find the expanding earth theory very convincing .Thats why I also do think that scientist should work together specialized on their own field, to conclude all these theories to one big theory that they all share!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

reply to post by OuttaTime

Great research you did
I know that there are many models of what could happen in different scientific scenarios I also find the expanding earth theory very convincing .Thats why I also do think that scientist should work together specialized on their own field, to conclude all these theories to one big theory that they all share!

I'd always thought the expanding earth theory was valid, just as the earth bulges toward the moon as it evolves. It does answer some of the tectonic shift questions though. It would be a challenge to sit an astrophysicyst and a paleogeoligist together and expect them to agree, as one would externalize their findings while another would internalize (r.e space/earth). Instead what we get are small groups pounding their chest that THEY have the answer while not considerig other theories. I'm just finding patterns, not theories
And whether it is true or not, I tend to sway to the writings of Thoth on this one.

" And so the Cycles of Time began.The 12 pyramids moved into position and through consciousness created physical forms based on geometric patterns that will follow the cycles until the end of time. And the cycles will be calibrated by the number 12, based on the 12 pyramids of creation. These would be known as the Cycles of Time which would be experienced by each evolving civilization. And these timepieces would work in synchronicity with the pyramids and the matrix.The gears of these clocks would be round and seen as wheels within wheels, clocks within clocks,, marking cycles within cycles. And these cycles would appear to begin and end as they move through the synchronicities of their creation."

I've found plenty of cycles and patterns and they all seem to mesh against the timeline of history.

Maybe all them scientists need to sit down and watch The Core, Day After Tommorrow, and Category 7

edit on 20-2-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
WELL THIS REALLY CONFUSES ME IF WE HAVE USED THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR THANKS TO THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH UP UNTILL TODAY AND WE ARE MIXING ,READ AGAIN,MIXING THE MAYA CALENDAR DATES WITH OUR PRESENT TIME........THE QUESTION IS ARE WE SURE IS THE YEAR 2012???? OR STILL HAVE SOME MORE YEARS TO COME IN ORDER TO MATCH , THE MAYAN COUNTDOWN ONLY FINALIZES IN NUMBERS BUT NEVER SUGESTS THAT THE WORLD IS GONAA EXPLODE IN ANY FASHION. THE MAYANS ONLY STOP COUNTING DAYS.....SPOOKYY!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Global cooling as well I think would be a big problem as well. Much of the focus is on global warming, but I think global cooling is the bigger concern.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
AOL

Found this article. Scientists: A Solar Storm Could Have the Power of Katrina
Suprised to see it on AOL.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

? those numbers are from 2 almost 3 years ago.

edit on 22-2-2011 by Novatrino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I checked out the websites you provided yet cannot find any data saying our solar system is
being bombarded by gamma rays from the center of our galaxy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join