It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space weather is going to rule our lives unprecedented! Scientist are asking our help!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Firstly I would like to say, thank you for the OP S+F and if theres anything I can help with PM me

Now secondly, oh Kryties

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Thanks
I hope I can do this more , researching and writing topics like this is good for your self education. But I don't do it for the flags and the stars all tho it cant be a good statistic on how many people are in fact reading this kind of stuff and appreciate it so also thanks to them as well

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by madscientistintraining

So as I understand , You are a scientist in training? Can you coop with the things I point out ?, Thanks for your voice in here !

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

And seven scientist on different specializing fields should be working closer together and not think to win the Pulitzer price because that doesn't save mankind !

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Are you absolutely certain this is true???

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
IF this is true...well...#...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

So as I understand , You are a scientist in training? Can you coop with the things I point out ?, Thanks for your voice in here !

lol you could say that, I am learning mainly electronics, but as a hobby I research anything from tesla tech to the basics of nuclear theory. a long time ago I asked an open forum if pumping ozone into the atmosphere would fix it, but apparently it would just be toxic because it need to be in the same structure as the remaining ozone layer, not just...spammed at the sky so to speak.

PM me if you need something looked at I'm sure I can help. just try not to throw differential equations at me yet >_>

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolany40
reply to post by Sky watcher

Ok some of you runs to the Bible for help but it can not help you its just a book thats all its not real its just a book why do some of you keep runing to a book for help.
:

)O(

Ummm.....your running to the Internet.....the Internet is just an interactive "book" no different than coffee klatches of a hundred years ago, discussing their favorite....read.

The events that are transpiring and building, have been recorded in every culture, now wether this is due to prediction in a spiritual sense or prediction in a more mundane.....say.....meteorological, sense.
It might not be such a bad idea to look back in history for the correlations...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
while you have a valid point, I have to ask, which version of the bible? youngs literal translation? original hebrew?! or one of the many well known edits through out time?

I don't mean this as any sort of insult to christianity as I have stated before, I find some truth to the message, if not in the overall book's (because the bible is not one book its a collection of them) I just wonder if most would simply pick up whatever copy and assume its as accurate as the original 2000+ year old texts.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Oh well its a fascinating world I presume, But some things I can imagine thats not as simple as to biological maintaining an aquarium.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Are we absolutely certain that the whole life we live is based on truth?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I have been saying this for a long time, scientists have known this for a very long time, and so have the world's elites.

Title:
Is the solar system entering a nearby interstellar cloud
Authors:
Vidal-Madjar, A.; Laurent, C.; Bruston, P.; Audouze, J.
Affiliation:
AA(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AB(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AC(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AD(Meudon Observatoire, Hauts-de-Seine; Paris XI, Universite, Orsay, Essonne, France)
Publication:
Astrophysical Journal, Part 1, vol. 223, July 15, 1978, p. 589-600. (ApJ Homepage)
Publication Date:
07/1978
Category:
Astrophysics
Origin:
STI
NASA/STI Keywords:
ASTRONOMICAL MODELS, DEUTERIUM, HYDROGEN ATOMS, INTERSTELLAR GAS, SOLAR SYSTEM, ABUNDANCE, EARLY STARS, GAS DENSITY, INTERSTELLAR EXTINCTION
DOI:
10.1086/156294
Bibliographic Code:
1978ApJ...223..589V

Abstract
Observational arguments in favor of such a cloud are presented, and implications of the presence of a nearby cloud are discussed, including possible changes in terrestrial climate. It is suggested that the postulated interstellar cloud should encounter the solar system at some unspecified time in the 'near' future and might have a drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System

PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Monday, August 18, 2003
Source: Artemis Society

Until ten years ago, most astronomers did not believe stardust could enter our Solar System. Then ESA's Ulysses spaceprobe discovered minute stardust particles leaking through the Sun's magnetic shield, into the realm of Earth and the other planets. Now, the same spaceprobe has shown that a flood of dusty particles is heading our way.
What is surprising in this new Ulysses discovery is that the amount of stardust has continued to increase even after the solar activity calmed down and the magnetic field resumed its ordered shape in 2001.

Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Suns magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Suns equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012.

www.spaceref.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Instead the global elites decided to make up the scam of Anthropogenic Global Warming by claiming atmospheric CO2 is the culprit so they could scare people into acceptance of more global taxes, and even for the acceptance of the One World government "to combat Climate change", as they tried during the Copenhagen meeting, so they could squeeze us of more money more probably to save their behinds meanwhile we would fend for ourselves during the Climate Change.

Things will get worse, but it is not because of humans. These same changes have occurred many times in the past and there were no suvs, cars, or much of an increase in atmospheric CO2, yet the Climate Changes occurred, many people unfortunately died, entire civilizations collapsed, and people had to migrate to new lands.

This has happened before, it will happen again.

edit on 19-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

i hope your wrong, but those pics are awesome

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I hope I'm wrong to but I fear the worst.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nothing will happen. The galactic alignment, or the Oort cloud nonsense, or the Solar flare activity will amount to nothing. The dinosaurs lived millions of years before an asteroid obliterated our atmosphere. The Earth passed through the Galactic center several times during this time. Then there was a time of equilibrium and now here we are. To the point that we can actually affect our atmosphere. Just like ancient bacteria and plant matter did the same to "pollute" our atmosphere with oxygen.
So now we have space weather. Oh my.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
At the risk of being shouted down here....

We live in the first generation ever which has had a giant electronic encyclopaedia of the knowledge of mankind written by the people, for the people. Whilst it is far from perfect, it also isn't bad. Yet somehow vids like the ones presented and threads like this one go on for pages virtually uncontested despite the almost unbelievable factual errors.

There are so many of them I don't know where to start.

We are not "entering another Oort cloud" - please look up what THE Oort cloud is (note the singular)

Scientists are not "asking for our help" as there simply isn't any crisis in the first place and there'd be nothing we could do about it even if there was!

The videos are not of scientists giving presentations at Delft TU, they are (at best) metaphysicians (i.e. philosophers) and these particular ones are woefully ignorant of basic science. At worst they are complete charlatans.

The current solar cycle started on the 8th January 2008 and each solar cycle (including this one) lasts about 11 years. So the solar cycle is NOT going to end in 2012. It will peak in 2013 and end in about 1018/19.

Cosmic ray flux (the cosmic rays coming from our galaxy) varies with the ebb and flow of the solar cycle. As the solar cycle will be only a year away from peak in 2012 the cosmic ray flux will be DOWN in 2012, not up. As the solar cycle is now well underway, the cosmic ray flux is on its way down right now.

The currently weak solar cycle is not particularly unusual. Around about 1700 there was a period of about 50 years with few if any sunspots. From proxy records we are able to tell that such minima have probably occurred many times in the last 10,000 years. All this time there have been humans on earth.

Essentially what I am trying to say here is that nearly every single claim made in those vids is at best a misinterpretation if not outright bogus.

But don't believe me. Please check all this stuff for yourself that I'm not making it up.

As a starting point, here is a chart of cosmic ray flux since 1965, i.e. including the last 3.5 solar cycles. Notice how it goes up and down with the solar cycle due to the orientation of the sun's magnetic field:

cosmicrays.oulu.fi.../01/01&starttime=00:00&enddate=2011/02/19&endtime=21:48&resolution=Automatic%20choice&pictur e=on

Notice how the flux is headed DOWN right now because the sunspot number is headed UP due to the new solar cycle which got underway in the past couple of years.

If the cosmic ray flux really bothers you, you can actually monitor it in real time, just in case with data from the Oulu cosmic ray station:

cosmicrays.oulu.fi...

It's updated every 5 minutes I think.

edit on 19-2-2011 by XtraTL because: That's above top secret

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

yeah well were not always on the same time at the same place!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Statisticly up?
And why did this go up from 2000 till now ? to plus 5 percent did you checked that ?

I also did a check from when they start measuring this and somewhere in 2010 they a very high peak the highest ever recorded.
I also think this massage had something to do with that?

can you fill me in on that?

News ! Problems with Internet connections occurred on 28-29-Oct-2010. No data lost
[/quote
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Very informative. However, the fact that the government is not telling anything is old news and there are reasons behind this. Every catastrophe or act of terrorisim in our humanity, governement is quick to point out the culprit and eager to provide solution for it. When all of this is said and done ( where the elite is orchestrating all of this doom and gloom scenario) and live in a society where we have to worry about "space weather." The puppet governement or the elite will be quick to provide a solution that will be approved by the masses. Hence, the Star Wars Program.
If you dig a little bit more on this topic you will peice together events that unrelated, but connected.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Astronomical Fakery to destroy faith

Ok, I fully respect your choice to follow a religion, but that weblink honestly has NO place in this thread. This thread is chalk full of REAL information, NOT fairy tales.

On a side note, the choice to use the words 'fairy tales' is just too fitting, as in the first few lines of that page:

All of their guesswork is pure theory and falsehoods and fairy tales, yet they talk about it with a straight face, soberly, and they will picture it on television and show you just how it happened, like on that "Cosmos" show, a TV evolutionary series of bunk! It was diabolical from one end to the other! It is the most lavish, clever series to scientifically spoof and debunk religion and Christian institutions and leaders and history and anything Christian or religious or about God at all!

Source: Astronomikal Fakery?

So we're supposed to believe a book written HUNDREDS of years ago, based on blind faith, over evidence which is constantly being tested, and re-tested?

Which seems to be a fairy tale to the rest of you?
I know I'm siding with science.

Proper thread response:

Thanks for the research youve done on the thread and info contained, Observer1!

It'll take me a while to go through the rest of the info here, but this is some amazingly interesting stuff, here! I'm no scientist by any stretch, only your average joe with a lust to further my knowledge... but I've been thinking that the galactic 'storms' or 'weather' out there (in space) actually -do- play a larger role in our planet, and the weather 'in here'.

The links talking about (19% more) gamma rays coming from the galactic centre, and altering our DNA... Yep, I've got some reading/sourcing/searching/assimilating to do.

Great thread!
edit on 19-2-2011 by jephers0n because: Proper response to thread added.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join