It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why humans will never colonize space

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by themessengernevermatters
Since technology will continue to advance and eventually we will eventually develop nanomachines, I think your statement of "never colonizing space" is a bit premature. After all nanomachines will not only be able to correct DNA damage, but restore bone and muscle loss due to living in low gravity environments and I am pretty sure it could be used to fertilize eggs and protect the embryos during gestation, as well. The question isn't if we develop nanites, but when and really if we actually combined the entire brain power of the human race it could easily be developed sooner rather than later. Peace be with you.

Thanks for posting
I didnt say never colonizing space the writer of the article did.. I was just quoteing what he had to say..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Wow that just goes to show how nasa can waste money on silly things like that.

They must have more important missions on the cards than this, like "Are We Alone?"

I sure dont think were alone..I think they should be looking more at things like our oceans and our planet and how to clean it up..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
What about Cyborgs. When we alter our body to create humans that are mostly made up of machine parts. We can still colonize space. To utter the words "We will never colonize Space" Is just hogwash!

Hey i think anything is possible... Maybe Cyborgs.would be the way to go i dont know..I was just quoteing the writer of the article

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
why lots of people think we are the experimental article of alien?we really like the animal in a cage,the height of the cage is high enough that we can not escape and interupt the outside world.although we try our best to jump out,we jumped out of earth,but not far away,it seems we have arrived our limitation,maybe we will never jump out of solar system.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
High energy photons from the sun could be blocked using a large asteroid to give you an "eclipse" to block the sun. Keep it next to your spacecraft until you leave the solar system.

Just as Earth has a shield around it to block the sun, there is a plasma shield around the solar system so when you left the solar system you could ditch your rock.

If you want to enter another solar system, go find another rock. Keeping your spacecraft next to that big rock would give you a little gravity inside your space ship.

When comets/asteroids enter our solar system they get impacted by the suns emissions and develop TAILS as the suns emissions batter the rock/comet and heat it up. Since the comet/asteroid doesn't automatically EXPLODE it implies that the comet/asteroid must be blocking the suns emissions with it's mass.

The eclipsed side would be safe.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
High energy photons from the sun could be blocked using a large asteroid to give you an "eclipse" to block the sun. Keep it next to your spacecraft until you leave the solar system.

Just as Earth has a shield around it to block the sun, there is a plasma shield around the solar system so when you left the solar system you could ditch your rock.

If you want to enter another solar system, go find another rock. Keeping your spacecraft next to that big rock would give you a little gravity inside your space ship.

When comets/asteroids enter our solar system they get impacted by the suns emissions and develop TAILS as the suns emissions batter the rock/comet and heat it up. Since the comet/asteroid doesn't automatically EXPLODE it implies that the comet/asteroid must be blocking the suns emissions with it's mass.

The eclipsed side would be safe.

Maybe you should write Nasa and tell them your theroy

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Honestly, were going to have to get starting, our world can't handle anymore of the humans negligence, we need to change our wars, soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, we can still colinize space, i.e planets.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
sure we can colonize space ,first lets get rid of Nasa.

Many believe that we have been colonizing certain locations in outer space for several years. When I lived in Reno, NV in the early 1980's....there were rumors going around that for 1 million dollars a rich person could be taken on a outer space ride...one night...I was staying near were this was supposed to happen...I did observe some strange aircraft landing...people getting on them...and the aircraft leaving. It was not like any aircraft I had ever seen on earth. Can I absolutely prove this to you..no...but it did happen.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'm inclined to believe you, as in the black ops, there certainly is lot of stuff that
no one has heard about.
It would be good if you could post some sort of a sketch of these strange aircraft.
Just Curious. Thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well this will be no problem. We will just send machines to do the colonizing instead. If for some reason you need humans out there, the machines can just build them after they complete the dangerous journey across space. But why would we bother having people out there at all when we can have machines instead?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

chinese

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Even IF we could manage to procreate away from Earth, I see us having other problems in colonizing space. I look at the fictional worlds of Halo, Red Faction, Dune, Coyote, and of course others, I see wonderful opportunity, spectacular possibilities, and hope that stuff would all be possible. However, even if we ever could have the super scientific awesome technology to do great stuff (Which I know is hardly possible) we couldn't accomplish anything great. Why? Because the fundamental violent nature of humanity would ruin it all. Someone, somewhere, will want to destroy everything we work for in colonizing space. There's a movie that I forget the name of where we build a weird rotating device that costs a ridiculous amount of money, it's supposed to help us travel through space at a super fast speed, right before it's launched it's blown up. I can totally see something like that happening in reality if we were ever able to accomplish something great technologically.

Whilst baby making is a huge problem in space apparently, I think dealing with violence and destructive tendencies inherent with humanity would be another hurdle we'd have to hop over.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Why would we "colonize" if it were only for machines in the first place?

Are you suggesting they'd do the hard work to make things livable for humans to eventually settle? That'd make more sense to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by Tearman

Why would we "colonize" if it were only for machines in the first place?

Are you suggesting they'd do the hard work to make things livable for humans to eventually settle? That'd make more sense to me.
Well sure machines could terraform a planet and then build humans there if for some reason they were motivated to do so. Though I think before this scenario could become possible, machines would have advanced to the point that our civilization will have basically transformed into a machine civilization rather than a human one. So it seems more likely to me that the machines will colonize new planets so that machines may "live" there, rather than humans. I'm sure they will have inherited many aspects of our civilization, so you could say those machines are our decedents, from a certain point of view.

edit on 6-7-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Trojan needs to get on the ball and develop some condoms that can deflect radiation if they want to remain relevant in their industry. Man is moving full speed ahead and we will have sex whenever and wherever we please....even in space.

Trojan Condoms, are you going to take the bull by the horns here or are you going to remain Earthbound?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I haven't checked this thread in ages..Trojan Condoms that can deflect radiation that was a hoot! Peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join